Awoo.

The Sonic Vs Thread.

Kuzu

Because this is the Sonic series. Where crocodiles can breath fire and chameleons can turn completely invisible including clothes.

Like I said, technically tails and cream can only fly due to some mutation, they don't have any powers per se at all. And I'm sure espio is literally due to him being a ninja and stealthy, again logic is pretty simple

• Thumbs Up 1

Because this is the Sonic series. Where crocodiles can breath fire and chameleons can turn completely invisible including clothes. 

There are also normal inhabitants in the Sonic series. Not everyone has powers or needs to have them.

The magical power of being a tweve year old female hedgehog with a giant fucking hammer...?

Maybe... But beyond that? Not really...

You're late my friend.

Bull, don't weasel out of this. You said you believe they wouldn't give a character a move if it wasn't canon. By your logic Amy should have Amy Flash. So why the fuck has she never used it? Follow you own damn logic to its asinine conclusion and realize you're wrong.

Just because you have an ability doesn't mean you'd use it all the time or want to. Shadow's as fast as Sonic and can shoot chaos out of his hands yet he rides motorcycles and uses Guns. Sonic doesn't even Spin-Dash anymore. The Amy Flash probably takes a lot of Energy (since it needs lots of rings to be used) and Amy might not even be that skilled over it.  

One reason why I believe that is because if the move wasn't canonical and/or didn't fit the character, I don't think SEGA would give them that ability. 

Explain them giving Amy that one-off ability to go invisible, then. That ability certainly would've came in handy in some of the other games she appeared in; how come it was never hinted at before Sonic 2006, and why has it not appeared in any of the games since?

Like I said, technically tails and cream can only fly due to some mutation, they don't have any powers per se at all. And I'm sure espio is literally due to him being a ninja and stealthy, again logic is pretty simple

Tails can spin his namesake like helicopter rotors (...which in itself has to be some sort of magical power...) to achieve near-Sonic the Hedgehog speeds, as well as performing all those high speed stunts that Sonic does with the yellow neon glowy thing around him, and his tails can cut through Solid steel. Plus, both Tails and Cream had the Thunder Shoot, which was them charging their teammates with electricity and launching them at enemies (with the electrical field attracting rings and stuff). This would lead me to believe that at least Tails has some sort of electric-based powers since Sonic is always described as being like wind and Knuckles has fire powers in almost all his modern appearences. 

Explain them giving Amy that one-off ability to go invisible, then. That ability certainly would've came in handy in some of the other games she appeared in; how come it was never hinted at before Sonic 2006, and why has it not appeared in any of the games since?

Like I said before, I believe Amy has some sort of magical ability. 

Like I said before, I believe Amy has some sort of magical ability. 

You didn't answer my question. How come Amy's invisibility ability has not appeared in any game before or after Sonic 2006?

You didn't answer my question. How come Amy's invisibility ability has not appeared in any game before or after Sonic 2006?

Has she even been playable after 06 in a main-series game? And it's not like people with powers don't end up discovering new things they could do with them. It's also possible she always had this power, she just wasn't seen onscreen doing it.  

Edited by tsz11

Just because you have an ability doesn't mean you'd use it all the time or want to. Shadow's as fast as Sonic and can shoot chaos out of his hands yet he rides motorcycles and uses Guns. Sonic doesn't even Spin-Dash anymore. The Amy Flash probably takes a lot of Energy (since it needs lots of rings to be used) and Amy might not even be that skilled over it.  

Shadow is not as fast as Sonic, Sonic IS the fastest hedgehog, Shadow's Jet Skates are what allow him to move as fast.

Riding cars and shooting guns was used to add some new elements to some games.

Sonic 4 Episode II was released 2012, Sonic can Spin Dash whenever he wishes.

If Amy Flash really requires a lot, why bother using it in Battle mode, but not in any other game?

Abilities are what distinguish characters, most of the times the abilities that appear a lot are the real ones.

You're a bit late, tsz11 has already said that one game is enough for him to consider it a real power.

Shadow is not as fast as Sonic, Sonic IS the fastest hedgehog, Shadow's Jet Skates are what allow him to move as fast.

Riding cars and shooting guns was used to add some new elements to some games.

Sonic 4 Episode II was released 2012, Sonic can Spin Dash whenever he wishes.

If Amy Flash really requires a lot, why bother using it in Battle mode, but not in any other game?

Abilities are what distinguish characters, most of the times the abilities that appear a lot are the real ones.

You're a bit late, tsz11 has already said that one game is enough for him to consider it a real power.

Shadow is as fast a Sonic, he's described as the splitting image of him and shares his speed and agility. I also believe that Shadow has natural speed like Sonic but he just prefers his skates but I'm not going into that right now.

Sonic 4 Episode II takes place during the Genesis Era. I never said Sonic couldn't Spin Dash, I just said he doesn't want to anymore.

Because she wanted to use it (or test it out) at that time or something. 

At the very least, she can fly with her hammer in a pink heart filled whirl. 

Has she even been playable after 06 in a main-series game? 

She doesn't have to be playable for her to be able to have some use in her ability to go invisible.

And it's not like people with powers don't end up discovering new things they could do with them.

Here's the thing, however: even in Sonic 2006 itself, the ability literally came out of nowhere, with the story not making a single reference to it in respect to the sort of character Amy is. Do you expect me to believe that, because Amy can go invisible in one game whose story doesn't bother acknowledging it, with said ability not even hinted at before or since, said ability is "canon?"

Tails can spin his namesake like helicopter rotors (...which in itself has to be some sort of magical power...)

I can't even fathom how badly you have to misunderstand the concept of fiction to think this.

She doesn't have to be playable for her to be able to have some use in her ability to go invisible.

Here's the thing, however: even in Sonic 2006 itself, the ability literally came out of nowhere, with the story not making a single reference to it in respect to the sort of character Amy is. Do you expect me to believe that, because Amy can go invisible in one game whose story doesn't bother acknowledging it, with said ability not even hinted at before or since, said ability is "canon?"

Has she even been involved in the story of a game enough for her to use her abilites or even have a reason for it?

I can't even fathom how badly you have to misunderstand the concept of fiction to think this.

I know about "cartoon logic". 

No you don't.

I'm not an idiot. If I didn't know about cartoon logic, why would I say I did? From our perspective, Tails tails spinning like that is cartoon logic.  

Shadow is as fast a Sonic, he's described as the splitting image of him and shares his speed and agility. I also believe that Shadow has natural speed like Sonic but he just prefers his skates but I'm not going into that right now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_the_Hedgehog#Characteristics

"Although Sonic's speed is described as "second to none," Shadow can skate at speeds fast enough to rival the speeds of Sonic's running."

SKATE, at speeds rivaling Sonic's RUNNING.

Because she wanted to use it (or test it out) at that time or something. 

If that's the case, then she should've done it in a single (canon) 'scene', like when Sonic was able to use Chaos Control for the first time, not show it in an (extremely non-canon) 2P Battle mode gameplay that never seemed to tire her when she used it, since it requires much 'energy' and 'experience'.

Has she even been involved in the story of a game enough for her to use her abilites or even have a reason for it?

Eggman almost KILLED THE HECK OUT OF HER in Sonic Adventure 2, and she just stood thoughtlessly, moving back helplessly, wondering "what should I do? Which of my countless superpowers should I use in a situation like this? I can't decide!", until Tails came and saved her, she has NO freaking powers.

She ALWAYS appears as the weakling whom Eggman either captures or is about to kill, YET, no superpowers appeared, why? Because she does NOT have ANY!

Edit: Is that not enough for her to use them?

Edited by Mysterious X

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_the_Hedgehog#Characteristics

"Although Sonic's speed is described as "second to none," Shadow can skate at speeds fast enough to rival the speeds of Sonic's running."

SKATE, at speeds rivaling Sonic's RUNNING.

If that's the case, then she should've done it in a single (canon) 'scene', like when Sonic was able to use Chaos Control for the first time, not show it in an (extremely non-canon) 2P Battle mode gameplay that never seemed to tire her when she used it, since it requires much 'energy' and 'experience'.

Eggman almost KILLED THE HECK OUT OF HER in Sonic Adventure 2, and she just stood thoughtlessly, moving back helplessly, wondering "what should I do? Which of my countless superpowers should I use in a situation like this? I can't decide!", until Tails came and saved her, she has NO freaking powers.

She ALWAYS appears as the weakling whom Eggman either captures or is about to kill, YET, no superpowers appeared, why? Because she does NOT have ANY!

I consider her hammer a superpower also. 

Whether he's skating or running, Shadow's still as fast as Sonic and is always described as being so. 

Edited by tsz11

I'm not an idiot. If I didn't know about cartoon logic, why would I say I did? From our perspective, Tails tails spinning like that is cartoon logic.  

For the record... that's not really good defense for your perspective. Anyone can just say stuff.

Tails can spin his namesake like helicopter rotors (...which in itself has to be some sort of magical power...) to achieve near-Sonic the Hedgehog speeds, as well as performing all those high speed stunts that Sonic does with the yellow neon glowy thing around him, and his tails can cut through Solid steel. Plus, both Tails and Cream had the Thunder Shoot, which was them charging their teammates with electricity and launching them at enemies (with the electrical field attracting rings and stuff). This would lead me to believe that at least Tails has some sort of electric-based powers since Sonic is always described as being like wind and Knuckles has fire powers in almost all his modern appearences.

Being an asscopter is not magical. As for your claim that he is electrokinetic, how the hell does that work? If he could control electricity, he wouldn't have astraphobia, now would he?

By the way, I don't understand why you're so obsessed with everyone having mystic powers.

• Thumbs Up 1

You're still not answering my question. How come Amy's ability to go invisible -- or, for that matter, her supposed ability to flippin' freeze people in place -- has not once been acknowledged in-story in any game before, since and even during Sonic 2006?

I consider her hammer a superpower also. 

Whether he's skating or running, Shadow's still as fast as Sonic and is always described as being so. 

Oh, so now you're ignoring the fact that I proved you wrong in 3 points, and changing the subject?

No, a hammer is not a superpower, she has a physical strength enough to swing it but it's not even a superpower.

Just like Espio's shurikens and Shadow's 'guns' these are not superpowers.

So anyways, why didn't she use the hammer when she was about to die?

And no, he is not as fast as Sonic, any one can go as fast as Sonic if they had high-tech skates made by Gerald. EVEN AMY.

Edited by Mysterious X

Being an asscopter is not magical. As for your claim that he is electrokinetic, how the hell does that work? If he could control electricity, he wouldn't have astraphobia, now would he?

By the way, I don't understand why you're so obsessed with everyone having mystic powers.

He's still an eight year old. Some children can be easily frightened by a big flash and a big booming sound echoing all around. Tails happens to be one of those kids.  

Oh, so now you're ignoring the fact that I proved you wrong in 3 points, and changing the subject?

No, a hammer is not a superpower, she has a physical strength enough to swing it but it's not even a superpower.

And no, he is not as fast as Sonic, any one can go as fast as Sonic if they had high-tech skates made by Gerald. EVEN AMY.

Wait... was that even meant for me...?

I mostly meant that she summons an infinite amount of them through some sort of magic or something. And Sonic the Fighters calls it a MAGICAL Hammer. 

Wait... was that even meant for me...?

No I'm sorry, I just corrected the post.

I mostly meant that she summons an infinite amount of them through some sort of magic or something. And Sonic the Fighters calls it a MAGICAL Hammer. 

So from that perspective, Shadow, Silver, Sonic and everyone who uses Super forms with Chaos Emeralds, hide the Chaos Emeralds with a magical spell?

I never knew Sonic was a wizard.