Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Oh wow. That episode was actually brilliant! Really shows why I love this show so much. Discord has turned out to be a far better villain than I thought he was going to be.

Role on part 2.

I love Discord, he seems like a swell guy.

Also Fluttershy is just too awesome for Discord's tricks to work.

You hear that? That's the sound of someone shipping Rarity and the boulder.

Great season premiere, as was to be expected.

Discord may be my favorite villain so far; I have a soft spot for playful, manipulative villains. They did a great job using the protagonists own virtues as their downfalls. Except for Fluttershy; they kind of cheated on that one, but for good comic effect.

One complaint though, but it's more on principle than quality of writing. Why do people consider chaos interchangeable with evil, and for that matter, harmony with good? Entropy is just as good at causing negative phenomena to decay the same way you could call an Orwellian society harmonious.

I just saw the episode.... squeeee! It was awesome!

"Hold on a second! Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain, you guys. Chocolate! Rain!".

Cotton candy filled with chocolate! Yummy! <3

I loved Celestia being so serious. She's sounds so badass when serious. Discord is amazing! He's very manipulative yet funny. He has done a lot more than Nightmare moon ever did. He's serious yet very funny. A perfect villain for this show.

The whole elements thing is pretty neat. It's fun to see the ponies without their elements. I loved how Fluttershy was so resilient and Rarity with the boulder! XD

Anyone else notice Derpy in the Cloudsdale scene? She wasn't derped but it was nice to see her.

So the leak about Dischord fucking with each pony individually was true. I do believe this makes the claims of Dischord>Nightmare Moon also true. I did like how Celestia kept mentioning her though. Maybe she appears in Part 2?

Edited by Ichigo Storm

INB4 Rule 34.

Assuming it wasn't already done on a lucky guess from the preview images they gave out.

Edited by Tornado

Pinkie's face in the second pic. Tornado's probably right with the Rule34. Good thing it doesn't bother me.

59282 - Discord Moonwalk animated twilight_sparkle.gif

Priceless.

I will make a Tenderoni remix of that gif.

Fantastic episode. I damn Hasbro for making me wait ONE WEEK FOR THE SECOND PART.

But Discord is awesome.

- Vinyl Scratch

As expected I was overworked, and as expected my internet is freaking slow so I have to download a 400MB file at a 3KB/s download speed. :<

I guess it's around time I start watching the spoilers and reviews while I wait (more like stop avoiding them). Looking at this topic the general consensus is that the chapter was... Good? Great? Awesome? Outstanding? Amazing!?

I'ts going to be a looooooong wait. ._.

Off-topic: Vinyl, you are not blocked anymore. :V

One thing I was not expecting was for the animation budget to go through the roof. Season One was generally done very well, true; but I never recall seeing anything like the crazy shit they were doing with the stained glass or perspective changes.

Just got finished watching the Season 2 premiere episode! It was great, and I'm really looking forward to part 2! Discord is a really awesome villain too!

Breaking news: Today I consider myself a brony. Yes! Welcome me to the herd! :D I was skeptical about this show, because of the hype and I thought it was too girly. I thought good television programming (besides The SImpsons and South Park) was dead. Well then MLP: FiM came along. What held me back from this show was mainly the hype, plus someone who hates me more than anyone is into this... those couple of things held me back. Oh and some naysayers of the show... however, not anymore, dog! I am a brony. Bronies unite!!

• Thumbs Up 1

It would be a great fit of irony and entertainment if Discord was subsequently adopted as a sort of mascot by Pony haters.

Also, I may become a regular herd member as well. I got into the show in the middle of its original airing around the time it blew up, but the large community thread made it daunting for me to hop in and start posting. I consider the start of Season 2 a clean slate, so hopefully I can keep up with you all now and join in the fun. x3

• Thumbs Up 2

It would be a great fit of irony and entertainment if Discord was subsequently adopted as a sort of mascot by Pony haters.

Also, I may become a regular herd member as well. I got into the show in the middle of its original airing around the time it blew up, but the large community thread made it daunting for me to hop in and start posting. I consider the start of Season 2 a clean slate, so hopefully I can keep up with you all now and join in the fun. x3

Yeah pretty much the same thing here. Hopefully I can keep up too.

It would be funny if haters used Discord as their mascot, considering everyone seems to just love Discord. For very good reasons.

I joined in around, Stare Master. That was the first episode I looked forward to as a brony. It's daunting, even more so now. But it's a pleasant community.

My only problem with this episode is that the cornfield scene felt rushed. once they got to the castle, it slowed down and I had no problems after that.

A lot of people on EQD are complaining about the characters being out of character... I don't think they understand that that's the point of manipulation and corruption.