Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I think I have a new favorite episode. Everything about this was great. Discord is freakin' awesome, and the effects his magic had on the ponies was HILARIOUS. Pinkie was off the charts silly and serious Celestia was a blast to see. Weird to hear so many mentions of Luna and still no appearance. Oh well, there's always next episode, possibly.

My only problem with this episode is that the cornfield scene felt rushed. once they got to the castle, it slowed down and I had no problems after that.

I thought that scene was fine, but thought Dash's corruption happened far too quickly. Otherwise I loved every second of it. Especially Pissedlestia.

Edited by Tornado

I thought that scene was fine, but thought Dash's corruption happened far too quickly. Otherwise I loved every second of it. Especially Pissedlestia.

Really? it's the opposite for me. I felt Dash's scene was perfectly paced. The cornfield scene just seemed to throw you right in to it. It seemed like they were trying to establish the basics of the character for new viewers in that scene(Rainbow Dash is flying, AJ is working on the farm, Rarity is keeping nice and clean and gives Twi her umbrella, Twi is using magic with Spike at her side, and Pinkie is eating the sweets.). It's jarring especially when the last scene before it with the CMC was pretty well paced. maybe that's just me. To each their own.

I do agree that Pissedlestia is awesome. Though I find myself kinda wanting to root for Discord. He's just so likeable, like the mane cst are. XD

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

The cornfield scene didn't seem rushed so much as weird. I understand it was for the purpose of introducing Discord's antics, but in light of his more sensible mischief throughout the rest of the episode, I became pretty ambivalent towards that whole scene in the end. I imagine it'll be more significant in the next episode, what with him foreshadowing some awesome weather. Chocolate milk tsunami, perhaps?

But that was my only niggle, and it's a very small one. This episode was a great kick-off. My highlight moment: Discord getting reverse-trolled by Fluttershy's innocence.

The cornfield scene did feel really rushed. They didn't explain why Fluttershy was freaking out so much. It felt really thrown together to be honest, but everything after that was good.

Well, that... definitely felt like the first part of a two-parter. Eeyup.

I think what the episode was really missing was an establishing scene with the mane six, or at least Twilight and Spike, before the cornfield scene. The rest of the episode was basically fine, but it just so packed with stuff that it felt a bit overwhelming without having the status quo established first.

Still, the stuff that was there was all great. We got more information about the history of Equestria in general and Celestia and Luna in particular, Celestia was a boss (although she probably could've given the girls a little more to work with than "lol okay off you go into the maze of chaos and insanity, good luck or whatever"), Discord was a ton of fun, the animation was good... very much looking forward to the second part.

I agree that scene seemed a little rushed, especially in regards to Twilight just showing up out of nowhere and going "OH LOOK NEW SPELL!!!" Even though it didn't work, it just felt way too dues ex machina. Other than that, though, a great episode.

I agree that scene seemed a little rushed, especially in regards to Twilight just showing up out of nowhere and going "OH LOOK NEW SPELL!!!" Even though it didn't work, it just felt way too dues ex machina. Other than that, though, a great episode.

I'm so tainted by the fanbase that I immediately assumed Twilight was going to make it worse.

I'm gonna watch the episode on Youtube since I don't have the hub anymore. Its funny how once accepted the fact that I love this show, I lost the Hub. Oh well.

Twilight is what made me first think the scene was rushed. She just came out of nowhere and was like "I GOT A SPELL TO FIX IT ALL!!!". It was... very rushed. Understandable, though. They only have 22 minutes.

59439%20-%20rarity%20screencap%20season_2.jpg

Looks like Rarity found the elusive DAMN FOURTH CHAOS EMERALD.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Sooooo.... I couldn't help myself making a gif. I know we already have a discord dancing gif but the dance reminded me of another animated show...

Warning: 1.92MB Animated GIF:

DD2.gif
Edited by Gerkuman
  • Thumbs Up 2

OMIGOD.

Come%20at%20me%20bro%203.gif?1316288381

Season Two is going to be awesome. I had noted the kick assitude of the even-better animation, but I hadn't quite made the connection for what it meant for the Meta aspect of the fanbase. Until I saw that.

I can say that I'm not the only one who thought of those scenes from Party of One as soon as Twi brought up the fact that AJ would never lie, right?

EDIT: Although now that I'm rewatching them, "construction" and "renovating" might be a syllable for decorating, which the ponies were actually doing at the time. So in a way, she was being honest.

Same goes for the picking apples excuse, because duh.

Edited by Ricky

Well it looks like My Little Pony meets Jim Henson's Labyrinth, right down to the mup...puppet fruits against Applejack. Quite good.

Gotta love how the princess puts a big mosaic window of the mane cast defeating Nightmare Moon just to endlessly taunt Luna.

"You're never gonna let me live it down are you?"

"nope.avi"

Also, technically Celestia and Luna conquered Equestria and forcefully acquired the throne. Also, they're probably incredibly weaker than Discord, since their only way of stopping him are with the Elements, their tactical nuke at this point. Discord can completely neutralize whoever he can by removing wings and horns, and brainwashing them.

So not only is Celestia a global conqueror, her only major power comes from the Elements of Harmony. Her only way of fending off any major threats is by enlisting the undying loyalty of a bunch of little kids.

So I guess the point is, Tyrant Celestia is in fact canon and is kind and fair to all of Equestria so that she can exploit the powers of anyone who can wield the EoH and so that the public doesn't come knocking down her castle walls and giving her the boot. This is also why Luna has been absent since the first episode, Celestia can't have her sister scaring the public with the thought of their rulers turning into tyrants. If this wasn't a kids show this would make for some EPIC plot development for a finale.

A little over-dramatic doncha think?

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 2

Gotta love how the princess puts a big mosaic window of the mane cast defeating Nightmare Moon just to endlessly taunt Luna.

Also, technically Celestia and Luna conquered Equestria and forcefully acquired the throne. Also, they're probably incredibly weaker than Discord, since their only way of stopping him are with the Elements, their tactical nuke at this point. Discord can completely neutralize whoever he can by removing wings and horns, and brainwashing them.

So not only is Celestia a global conqueror, her only major power comes from the Elements of Harmony. Her only way of fending off any major threats is by enlisting the undying loyalty of a bunch of little kids.

So I guess the point is, Tyrant Celestia is in fact canon and is kind and fair to all of Equestria so that she can exploit the powers of anyone who can wield the EoH and so that the public doesn't come knocking down her castle walls and giving her the boot. This is also why Luna has been absent since the first episode, Celestia can't have her sister scaring the public with the thought of their rulers turning into tyrants. If this wasn't a kids show this would make for some EPIC plot development for a finale.

A little over-dramatic doncha think?

So Celestia is Pony-Hitler? I KNEW IT.

The cornfield scene didn't seem rushed so much as weird. I understand it was for the purpose of introducing Discord's antics, but in light of his more sensible mischief throughout the rest of the episode, I became pretty ambivalent towards that whole scene in the end. I imagine it'll be more significant in the next episode, what with him foreshadowing some awesome weather. Chocolate milk tsunami, perhaps?

But that was my only niggle, and it's a very small one. This episode was a great kick-off. My highlight moment: Discord getting reverse-trolled by Fluttershy's innocence.

I thought there was another reason for this scene. Discord couldn't have gotten that intel on the mane six if he didn't witness how they cooperated together to fix an ordeal; this lead to him being able to find a way to get them to break more easily by separating them in the maze.

If that wasn't the reason for that scene, then i'll be disappointed. On the other hand, the dude just likes tricking people just because he can.

@Black Spy: Actually.... that kinda makes her Zordon. Especially as the ponies are more like Teens than Kids.

But less jokingly, I think you're being kinda unfair on Celestia.

Discord is a horrible being. Hence, Celestia and Luna would be more like... well, like freedom fighters. They got the powers of the elements of Harmony, which is canonically a source of good, and used it to do a good thing. And the good thing was to seal the bugger away. However.... even then they weren't strong enough.

To come up with Tryant!Celestia you basically have to disregard all the evidence of her goodness, which reallly.... well, it goes against the whole point of FiM. I know that adult fans are cynical by nature, but why can't you have good royalty? Celestia is, through the fact that she's not omnicient or omnipotent, more like a High Eleven Queen. Galadriel basically, but with a sister who co-runs things.

That's what I think, anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would put money on Discord attempting to paint the picture of Celestia the Tyrant to fuck with Twilight when Part 2 rolls around.

Also:

59551 - advice_dog celestia meme season_2 season_two spoilers trollestia.PNG

Edited by Tornado