Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

On the topic of the E/I logo, I will agree that its nice that they'll be given more freedom. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting the show's to become all dark or the humor to be crude, but it is nice that the censors wont be irritatingly strict with the show's writers.

I hope the show doesn't become too much darker or too crude, I want My Little Pony not My Little South Park. I wonder should Discord be defeated like Nighmare Moon or just be significantly weakened but still powerful enough to be a recurring villain throughout the season? (sort of like Voldemort)

I hope the show doesn't become too much darker or too crude, I want My Little Pony not My Little South Park.

Neither do I, That's actually one of the reasons why I love this show, It manages to be good without getting too dark or crude.

I personally like shows with a bit of crude humor, but It's nice to see a show that manages to be lighthearted and entertaining at the same time.

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

I hope the show doesn't become too much darker or too crude, I want My Little Pony not My Little South Park. I wonder should Discord be defeated like Nighmare Moon or just be significantly weakened but still powerful enough to be a recurring villain throughout the season? (sort of like Voldemort)

Again, even if the show keeps the E/i logo gone the target demographic is still going to be the same. And the fandom will happily fill your crude, dark and/or raunchy needs anyways. Hell, I'm currently involved in an image war with someone attempting to out-raunch each other while staying within the site's rules.

Edited by Tornado

Finally had time to see the new episode. Man... Discord is AWESOME!

I love it that he's a charismatic smartass who knows exactly what he's trying to do: to take back Equestria by flipping reality upside-down. That's my favorite kind of villain!

Plus, I loved he how duped the ponies one-by-one, tugging one their favorite things and flipping them in a different angle. And I love that "Oh, fuck it!" moment with Fluttershy...nice. Looking forward to the next episode!

Also...

131578965133.jpg

Anyone in the mood for cupcakes? Huh? Anyone? I heard they're delicious and colorful!

• Thumbs Up 1

WANT CUPCAKES?

THEY ARE TO DIE FOR.

EDIT:

everyday%20im%20shufing%20discord.gif?1316378140

Behold, the replacement for the Vinyl Scratch's Headbang.

- Vinyl Scratch

Edited by Vinyl Scratch
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dear God, that Celestia model is AMAZING.

Also, from reading the TvTropes episode summary, I've gotten an idea of a great part of what makes Discord such a great villain.

His goofiness and playful trickster nature obscures a much darker, sinister nature. This is a villain who, in a single episode, subverted the Mane 6's (except Twilight's) main qualities, and did what Nightmare Moon didn't even come close to doing. It also employs a brilliant example of dramatic irony - we know what Discord is trying to do after he gets to Applejack, but the rest of the characters don't, leaving us to watch helplessly as they fall victim to Discord one by one. In fact... To see this lead-up to the end of the episode is actually pretty friggn' creepy.

Celestia being deadly serious at the beginning meant that she knew EXACTLY what they were dealing with, and it wasn't your ordinary trickster.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

HOLD YOUR HORSES.

Discord is an evil enchanter who does evil dances. And when you look deep in his eyes he puts you in trances.

WHAT WILL HE DO IN PART 2, HE WILL MIX UP AN EVIL BREW AND HE'LL GOBBLE YOU UP IN A BIG TASTY STEW.

WATCH OUT PONIES!

- Vinyl Scratch

• Thumbs Up 7

Dear God, that Celestia model is AMAZING.

Also, from reading the TvTropes episode summary, I've gotten an idea of a great part of what makes Discord such a great villain.

His goofiness and playful trickster nature obscures a much darker, sinister nature. This is a villain who, in a single episode, subverted the Mane 6's (except Twilight's) main qualities, and did what Nightmare Moon didn't even come close to doing. It also employs a brilliant example of dramatic irony - we know what Discord is trying to do after he gets to Applejack, but the rest of the characters don't, leaving us to watch helplessly as they fall victim to Discord one by one. In fact... To see this lead-up to the end of the episode is actually pretty friggn' creepy.

Celestia being deadly serious at the beginning meant that she knew EXACTLY what they were dealing with, and it wasn't your ordinary trickster.

• Thumbs Up 3

Entire god-damn episode I was thinking to myself: "You know what would be cool? If Eggman was written this well."

Edited by Masaru Daimon

131639770389.gif

And that's how Equestria was saved.blink.png

Ugh, can't wait for the next episode. I also hope that Discord isn't a one-and-done villain. He's got money written all over him and it would be a shame if we never get to see him and his antics again. And in the unlikely event they release an action figure of him (NOT A DOLL, LOL), I might have to break my rule of not buying the toys. Unless they paint him pink for some ungodly reason, of course.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, I cannot agree more.

Also... Has anyone else noticed that each time one of the Mane 6 is brainwashed into acting the opposite of their Element, acting that way comes with a big flaw?

Applejack - has a tell the size of the Atlantic. Her nose might as well grow instead, for all the good it does her. She's STILL an incredibly bad liar - like always, she can tell lies, but she can't hide 'em to save her life.

Rarity - hauling that massive "gem" everywhere cannot possibly be worth it, especially for her physique.

Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy - acting like jerks will only make others act like jerks towards you. I think. It's not really that clear.

Rainbow Dash - too early to be evident, but I suspect that the lesson would be that breaking another's trust will make it more difficult to earn another's trust, or win back trust. After all, why trust a traitor?

Entire god-damn episode I was thinking to myself: "You know what would be cool? If Eggman was written this well."

Edited by SuperStingray

Don't know why Fluttershy could have used The Stare on Discord. It would have ended this whole ordeal quicker since it'll scare the daylights out of him and make him give up or at the very least, prevented her from being under his influence.

Good news everypony I now have all the main pony toys: Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Twilight Sparkle and Rarity. They do other Ponies but I think am going to stick to the main characters of the show I don't want to go too over board! happy.png

AJ had to be subverted or she'd have noticed everyone being OOC and said so. Yes, she's a crap liar but... well, poor ol Twi's not exactly a social flower is she.

Anyone else getting the feeling that Discord may be the cause of Luna becoming Nightmare Moon?

He has proven to be quite good at corrupting dem ponies.

He was statuefied before then.

I think Luna was corrupted by something like Dark Matter from Kirby.

dark_matter.jpg

I'd love to see the G&P Trixie get morphed by the evil force.

I think Eggman's fine as he is, with more strength in army size and technology than potency for psychological deception. Discord is more of a Joker where Eggman's more of a... Penguin. Someone like Mephiles would benefit more from villainy a la Discord.

My point was more that I wish he was written better to fill the goofy-yet-dangerous role that he is supposed to fill like Discord does. Not that he should be written like Discord.

And maybe I skipped a page or something, but I kind of see Rainbow Dash's choice as more of a moral dilemma than it seems to be treated; she could either go and betray her friends or stay and betray her home. But then I suppose it becomes a question of saving Equestria versus saving Cloudsdale, but then that also raises the question if Cloudsdale is part of Equestria by technically not being on its soil. But then the pegasi are pretty involved in Equestrian affairs, including their weather, so maybe it's just an offland territory like the Virgin Isles? Okay now I'm just rambling. THE POINT IS... to my eyes at least, it's less of a question of whether or not she's disloyal but who she's disloyal too.

That's exactly why I said he cheated with her.

I'd love to see the G&P Trixie get morphed by the evil force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c75Y1ughQY