Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I hate your people.

Because a very close friend of mine... Sucked me into this damn franchise.

I hope you people are happy.

Anyways... I like the rainbow pony.. Who's name escapes me.

You should learn to be more judgmental, like me. I closed the tab the moment the terrible Disney pop intro music started and haven't looked back since. Ever post I've ever made in this thread has actually been my own brand of trolling. Then there's the matter of the show's art style's appeal being a bit too "cheap" for me, its appeal is too apparent, like it was based on that Disney chart about making a cute character.

(And text wrapping doesn't even work in this editor, how is this a finished product?)

People like a show, they buy merch of it. T-shirts, figures, DVDs, stuff like that.

Yes, that is the business plan that these shows are based on. What doesn't make sense here is that the toys don't actually look much like the characters from the show. They looks the same as they've always looked.

pinkiehair.jpg

And here is Pinkie post curl, whoo. Might redo it once I have some proper hair styling tools. But think it came out fine for a first attempt

For those asking, I brought Pinkie off Amazon.co.uk - a few marketplace retailers on the site are selling the UK versions of the G4 toys super early (Pinkie's Box had the UK Hasbro address on the bottom, and the leaflet that came with it suggests the toys are intended for a "fall 2011" release)

Ok, I can't take it anymore, why do you guys buy the TOYS? I thought it was the show that we liked?

Heres the thing, it's all good enjoying the show and appreciating it - but the show doesn't make a penny off it's own back (with exception of the few media releases of the series so far...) . The primary form of income for the series is the toys, which is the main reason for the series' existence in the first place. I forget if someone in this thread said it, or I read it somewhere else, But the Transformers fanbase follow a similar rule to support the toyline in some form (specially if they like a current show, as good sales will keep a "toyetic" series running)

It's like with Sonic, the main income of the series is the games. So all the TV Shows, merch ect. Is to encourage people to buy the actual games (though the license costs help nicely too). If you support the series, odds are you've brought at least one game in the series at some point, feelings about current titles notwithstanding

Some fans pick up pony toys simply to support the cause (and to show Hasbro that this new fanbase is actually willing to support the franchise), others are drawn to having physical versions of their fave characters, and the challenge of making them look like their show selves. There's a reason why Hasbro are starting to throw the new fanbase a few bones (ala the recent inclusion of Luna in the new Canterlot sets and all the Brony shoutouts). Personally I find the toys cute, and love the design of the G4 toys (though I do wish Hasbro would stop being lazy with packaging and character design /nitpick)

In short, if Friendship is Magic had been popular with viewers - but hadn't resulted in sales. It wouldn't of gone to a second season.

​Yes, that is the business plan that these shows are based on. What doesn't make sense here is that the toys don't actually look much like the characters from the show. They looks the same as they've always looked.

Um what? G3 and G3.5 were stylised - but they had HORRIBLE designs (bellbottom hooves, weird semi-realistic faces, odd hair and an obsesson with that gens main ponies...). The G4 toys have a basic design similar to Faust's designs that works a lot better, but the toys are not that far off their show counterparts

Edited by jennytablina
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ever post I've ever made in this thread has actually been my own brand of trolling.

And you haven't been doing a very good job of it, I must say. Considering the thought that usually goes into your posts, your ones in this thread have been quite disappointing

You should learn to be more judgmental, like me. I closed the tab the moment the terrible Disney pop intro music started and haven't looked back since. Ever post I've ever made in this thread has actually been my own brand of trolling. Then there's the matter of the show's art style's appeal being a bit too "cheap" for me, its appeal is too apparent, like it was based on that Disney chart about making a cute character.

So you admit to being a troll. Which is against SSMB's rules.

umm... wow.

Edited by Dialga190

So you admit to being a troll. Which is against SSMB's rules.

Enjoy your ban, bitch.

How about you take a motherfucking hike instead of preemptively assuming a greater-than-thou attitude while having the gal to report Phos' post when your post is far more inflammatory?

Also Phos, while I have not seen your posts in this topic before because I'm honestly not tempted to backtrack, if the only thing you're in this topic for is trolling, you're better off refraining from doing this. Seriously.

Now get back on topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

On A Cross And Arrow never stops being so amazing. It's like a really awesome roller coaster that never ends.

Part 6 was still really fun even though all it really did is wrap up what happened in Part 5. I can't wait for the next part because it's going to have Bubble Berry in it. I'm going to need some popcorn, because this is going to be spectacular.

Oh look! Past Sins finally updated, and now I have to read the whole god damned thing over again because not only did we get some new chapters.... we got some revised old ones. I like the story and all... but I don't want to read it again right now... when it isn't even finished. *sigh* Let's get this over with... *clicks on Prelude*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FLCXoURSV0

Someone shared this with me. I felt the need to pass it on.

I have no clue why.

EDIT: That is the most amazing page number to post this on. Brain bleach is on the counter.

Edited by Velotix Lexovetikan
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh look! Past Sins finally updated, and now I have to read the whole god damned thing over again because not only did we get some new chapters.... we got some revised old ones. I like the story and all... but I don't want to read it again right now... when it isn't even finished. *sigh* Let's get this over with... *clicks on Prelude*
Edited by Tornado

Yeah, Past Sins updated!

>Notices the whole story got rewritten

FFS. I'll wait until it's complete.

There's a reason why Hasbro are starting to throw the new fanbase a few bones (ala the recent inclusion of Luna in the new Canterlot sets and all the Brony shoutouts).
Edited by gato

Just start on Chapter 9. Everything prior to 9 was largely inconsequential and/or minor. It was 9-13 that got the major fixing, and other than the Trixie scene being made even worse everything is much better than it originally was. It even plugged a major plothole behind Celly's actions.

Edited by Nix

As I'm writing this, Past Sins just updated, and it seems like it had some heavy rewriting in some chapters (and judging by the number of comments, it might have started some shitstorms), I might have to re-read the whole thing again.

Think of it like "Trolling 2", or perhaps, "Troll 2ing"

It's more of a "Trolling Part II" in the same vein as the Hangover Part II in that it's the exact same thing as the original.

But you did a great job of wasting both our times being annoyed by something completely immaterial to both our respective interests, you a television show you never even watched past the theme song, and I your responses to said show, so I'd say it was successful either way.

• Thumbs Up 4

Clock%252520Face.png

Linky.

Funny story about how I finally found the last image source. Yep, funny story indeed.

Edited by Tornado

Hey guys, I made a MLP Story, a few actually. I think I MIGHT have posted one or two here, but I made another one. Would anypony like to read it?

Sure, post it up.

After I posted about it, several more people weighed in about the Trixie scene in Past Sins. They added what appears to be 4 sentences, added a couple words to some dialog and change the tone of voice for a couple of speaking parts. And yet, now its basically perfect, I think.

It's more of a "Trolling Part II" in the same vein as the Hangover Part II in that it's the exact same thing as the original.

But you did a great job of wasting both our times being annoyed by something completely immaterial to both our respective interests, you a television show you never even watched past the theme song, and I your responses to said show, so I'd say it was successful either way.

And its about this point where I wonder if you've actually read any of the posts I've made in this thread.