Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

I wonder what she's reading. While I'm at it, I wonder if there's an Egghead's Guide to Reading.

HOLY. xD

I honestly, wasn't expecting that kind of answer...

Are we?... Really... going to discuss that?...

Yes we will. :P

The expression she has while reading is sort of serious, I'm kind of worried now.

Maybe it's something about the new villian, they said we will have new villians right?

OMG SPIKE IS HOLDING A BOOK EXCITEMENT LEVELS RISING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH-

No but seriously, do you expect anything else?

MAJOR SPOILER PICS!

yfsiv.jpg

89835474.jpg

Capture.PNG

Truly this will change how we look at the show forever.

But the biggest spoiler of all is....

The screen on the right is on Equestria Daily.

ohmy.gif

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Where are the details for Season 2? (ala new villains, Derpy being an actual character now, ect) I've looked but I can't find a source.

Where are the details for Season 2? (ala new villains, Derpy being an actual character now, ect) I've looked but I can't find a source.

Lauren confirmed new villains in a Deviantart post. Kreoss confirmed that Derpy is considered an official character here.

http://kreoss.deviantart.com/journal/40422730/

Lauren confirmed new villains in a Deviantart post. Kreoss confirmed that Derpy is considered an official character here.

http://kreoss.devian...urnal/40422730/

Oh man! I can't wait for season 2! :DDD Plus, if Derpy is a official character now, does that mean we get a toy of her? BEACUSE IF WE DO I WILL BE AT TOYS R US WITH 20 DERPYS IN MY TROLLEY.

Just finished the first episode... It's was alright but it didn't really wow me. I'm gonna watch the second and third episode now to see if my opinion changes.

How many episodes should I watch at least?

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

Let's see if I still have any painting skills...

A.K.A. I'm working on something.

A.K.A. Watch as I waste time working on something other than what I should be doing.

Just finished the first episode... It's was alright but it didn't really wow me. I'm gonna watch the second and third episode now to see if my opinion changes.

First two episodes are actually pretty bad in regards to getting people in the show.

Which kinda means that maybe Hasbro were right in asking Lauren F to turn it from a 'magical girl' type show (first two eps) to a slice-of-life comedy (the other eps).

OKAY GUYS IT'S OFFICIAL I'M.... not a Brony (Man that was a jerkass joke, I apologize...)

Sorry, still not a Brony. Watched a few more episodes and I decided... it's just not my thing.

This has nothing to do with the reputation My Little Pony has over usually being aimed at girls. No not at all, nobody here is ashamed to admit it, so I wouldn't be ashamed either. It's just that so far, I've gotten bored by it, IMO.

It's not a bad show... Heck, it's alot better than most of the girly crap that plagued the Television for ages (I'm looking at you Winx Club and Totally Spies.) but it's definitely not the greatest thing I've ever seen, probably a good watch if I'm bored (Which is impossible now because I lost the Hub channel now). Oh well. I gave it a shot.

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

Which kinda means that maybe Hasbro were right in asking Lauren F to turn it from a 'magical girl' type show (first two eps) to a slice-of-life comedy (the other eps).

Two things.

1) Lauren herself has said on Deviantart that the show wasn't planned as a full adventure show. It was planned as a mix. Hasbro just had her do a little less than she wanted to.

2) Just because one adventure episode isn't that well liked doesn't mean others wouldn't be. That's like saying if one "Slice of Life" episode isn't well thought of, that means the same for all others. You have to keep in mind that the only adventure episode was the pilot. They hadn't found their footing yet. Not too mention that they had to spend time to set up the characters which takes some time.

the ORIGINAL recolor, it's up to you. If it's not your cup of tea, it's not your cup of tea. That's the beauty of opinions.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

this show is the manliest shit i've watched in years

i just feel like breaking cement blocks and crushing beer cans after watching this great stuff

It's not a bad show... Heck, it's alot better than most of the girly crap that plagued the Television for ages (I'm looking at you Winx Club and Totally Spies.)

Hey, Totally Spies wasn't any girlier than the Powerpuff Girls. Even less so, since it's basically that mixed with James Bond and subtly inserted fetish fuel.

Apologize if this has already been posted. This new Twilight Sparkle toy includes the Theme Song, Winter Wrap Up and the extended portion of the Theme Song. Its sounds good as ever! biggrin.gif
Here are the lyrics to the Extended portion:

When I was young I was too busy to make any friends,
such silliness did not seem worth the effort it expends.
But my little ponies, you opened up my eyes...
and now the truth is crystal clear, like splendid summer skies...
and it's such a wonderful surprise.

(P.S. How can Twilight Sparkle mimic voices?) Edited by Emeraio

Why don't any of the FIM toys actually look like the characters? I thought the pony in the video was supposed to be some kind of deformed Pinkie Pie, not Twlight Sparkle.

Edited by LimeTH

Why don't any of the FIM toys actually look like the characters? I thought the pony in the video was supposed to be some kind of deformed Pinkie Pie, not Twlight Sparkle.

DERPY HOOVES WILL BE AN ACTUAL CHARACTER!!!

hurr_durr_derp_face_derpy_hooves_Dump_Pic_2-s500x500-163895.jpg

You're getting your hopes up for something that I think you misunderstood. Derpy will be an actual character, yes. What this means is that there will be no more Derpy clones in each episode and her model will only be used for her appearances. This also means that her appearances will be added to the episode in a planned (possibly even storyboarded) fashion rather added during production, so her appearances will be more consistent.

This does not mean that she will be voiced, or that she will take part in the plots of the episodes. In effect, her role will almost certainly be no different than it was in the post-Feeling Pinkie Keen episodes of Season One. Its just that her implementation into that role will be different.

Edited by Tornado

You're getting your hopes up for something that I think you misunderstood. Derpy will be an actual character, yes. What this means is that there will be no more Derpy clones in each episode and her model will only be used for her appearances. This also means that her appearances will be added to the episode in a planned (possibly even storyboarded) fashion rather added during production, so her appearances will be more consistent.

This does not mean that she will be voiced, or that she will take part in the plots of the episodes. In effect, her role will almost certainly be no different than it was in the post-Feeling Pinkie Keen episodes of Season One. Its just that her implementation into that role will be different.

Judging from this (The only Derpy-related Season 2 info I can find, if anyone has more I would love to see it), they haven't really confirmed what her role will be one way or another. But you can't expect them to do the bare minimum just because they've only revealed the bare minimum. I mean you might as well expect Luna's return to amount to just a cameo in that case.

Edited by Speederino

They haven't even given us any details on Derpy's role in Season 2. Just that she's now an offical character with her own model sheet, plus scripted and storyboarded appearances. For all we know Derpy could become a new main mane character.

They haven't even given us any details on Derpy's role in Season 2. Just that she's now an offical character with her own model sheet, plus scripted and storyboarded appearances. For all we know Derpy could become a new main mane character.

I remember hearing that but I don't remember where it was. I know I have definitely been under the impression that she will have more to say besides "muffins", at any rate. (Of course I could very well be getting the meaning of the word 'scripted' wrong) I'm not expecting her to get an entire episode devoted to her (Though that would be awesome), but it would be odd if she didn't have more to do considering her popularity.

Edited by Speederino

Agreed. Not making her at least a minor or supporting character would be a pretty silly move on the creators' part.