Oh just wait till you see mine.

Bored now, here's a game

304678_384444124960401_560725759_n.jpg

Apple Cream, eh?

Username is Chocolate Jelly...biggrin.png

Chocolate Diamond

*Looks at username*

Huh, so close. Guess I changed flavors.

Anyway, on another note, I visited a old forum that I learned a lot about ponies from. Well, someone posted this.

02e.png

I felt like posting that.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 7

On the premiere week of Season 3, we're gonna have this on the front page for Mash-up Monday. Vizard said so.

Oh boy, get ready for shitstorms, commentaries on how we're pedophiles, claims that TSS is now a ponyfag cancer site, and a shitload of butthurt.

"What is your pony name?"

... Nightmare Flower? XD

I hear the new season is coming out soon? Can't wait. It's been a while since I watched this show. Will stop making contracts 4 episodes!

Yay for little saddlesore!

Anyway, I've been really getting in to Doctor Whooves lately. So much so that i watched BBC's marathon of the Matt Smith Doctor and am watching the new episodes when they come out. This show actually resulted in making me a Whovian(Like how Discord got me interested in Star Trek). So I've been watching Doctor Whooves and the Assistant, Doctor Whooves Adventures, Following Lovestruck Derpy and Discord Whooves, read Twelve(Which I don't think I finished) and listen to Stuck in Time(That song is still stuck in my head). However while the stories I've read and watched/listened to are all fantastic, it's been bugging recently how he's kind of so much like Ten and sometimes eleven. Even in Twelve(From what I've read) there's nothing that particuraly stands out about Whooves compared to the others other than the fact that he is a pony. Just bugs me a bit. All the doctors have a new personality. I haven;t even seen all of the rest of the ten doctors but something that defines them from the others is usually there.

One started out as a jerk but became kinder but still grumpy, Three was less quirky and stuck on earth, Four was dramatic with a deep voice and an affection for jelly babies, Five wore celery and had unneeded glasses, Si and seven had question marks, Eight was passionate about people and ended up fighting in the Time war, Nine was more normally dressed yet still quirky, hated the Daleks with a passion, had survivor guilt and strived to keep away from death, Ten was also passionate about people, rambles, also had speccy glasses, almost became like the master towards the end of his run, still felt guilty about what happened and Eleven wore bow ties(Bow ties are cool), wore fezzes and stetsons, had a tendency of calling Rory and his family as if there last name were Pond, still rambles, has a tendency to make speeches to terrify his enemies because of his reputation and his sillyness is more of a facade than the doctor's before the time war.

Twelve is a pony. That's about it.

There's nothing about twelve in any of the stories that stands out personality wise and that's a shame and if there is and I missed it or if there is a story that makes Doctor Whooves more standout personality wise then let me know but it really bugs me. A lot of the character's sadness seems left out too. All the post war doctors seem to have a underlying self loathing and overall sadness and fear of death that none of the Doctor Whooves stories I've seen even hint or mention. You'd think seeing the equivalent of a Dalek in such a more idealistic world would have more of an angry response considering how much of a grudge nine, ten(?) and eleven have against them.

Still, I love the stories and Doctor Whooves is still fucking awesome.

26b.jpg

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 3

PHEW!

It's taken longer than expect, but today I wrapped up the first episode (read: storyline) in my new ponyfic "The Subordinate Six"... wow, I've written four chapters and still haven't come up with a better title than that? Yeah, I need help if I'm going to get this story on EQD like my previous fanfiction. XD

As such, this is a call for pre-readers to read what I've currently written and give their advice and opinions. I already have an editor on hand for taking care of my grammatical and spelling errors, but he tends to think so highly of my writing that he's kind of useless for constructive criticism. biggrin.png

Title: The Subordinate Six (Tentative)

Genre: Comedy, Episode-like

Summary: Spin-off to the highly popular My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic television show! Lyra and Bon Bon travel to Las Pegasus to start a new life and discover that the ponies of Las Pegasus are no less crazy than the ones they'd left behind in Ponyville. Co-staring Derpy Hooves, Octavia, Vinyl Scratch, and The Great and Powerful Trixie. Saturdays at 10am. Only on the BUB!

If you want to be a pre-reader, message me in private, or just reply to this post, and I'll send you a link to the google docs.

Edited by Legendary Emerald

02e.png

So i guess the point of that is to show how much darker FiM can be than the old 1986 MLP show. Well, that notion is actually not true. When the old show was at its darkest, it was at least as dark as FiM has ever gotten, but it would probably be more accurate to say that it could get even darker. And i cant help but notice the the image above conveniently forgets to mention that the "cartoon penguin" in the original show was litteraly trying to kill of every single living thing that wasnt a penguin (because he felt that they were weak since they couldnt stand the cold, and thus didnt deserve to live).

And if certain other episodes of the two shows with similar premises were compared, i can guarantee you that there would be no way to portray the FiM version as the more badass one. Like how for instance the original MLP pilot with a villain trying to bring about eternal night has the villain dying in an explosin, while the FiM pilot with a villain trying to bring about eternal night has the villain essentially being defeated by the power of friendship and then being turned into a good guy. Not to mention that the villain in the original pilot gets show of his evil by both turning ponies into demonic-looking dragons and explicitly threaten to decapitate a child, while the villain in the FiM pilot is never shown doing anything remotely as disturbing.

Now dont get me wrong, FiM is obviously still the much, much better show, but its annoying when bronies try to make that point by falsely portraying the old show as more saccharine than it actually was.

Edited by batson
  • Thumbs Up 7

Sometime ago, I submitted my ponified Carmen Sandiego on DeviantArt, and it later got featured in EqD's drawfriend under Calpain's name. Thanks to Vizard for linking it here. <3

Earlier today, I posted another ponified character: the Digimon Emperor.

my_little_pony__digimon_emperor_by_darkqiviut-d5ecfs5.png
  • Thumbs Up 4

Some new informatiion about the Crystal Empire DVD:

In Adventures in the Crystal Empire, a magical empire has suddenly appeared in the arctic north of Equestria, and PRINCESS CELESTIA needs TWILIGHT SPARKLE and her friends to find a way to protect it. While her friends try to keep the Crystal Ponies occupied at the Crystal Faire, TWILIGHT SPARKLE searches for the hidden Crystal Heart that is the key to keeping their empire safe from harm! - Shout Factory Press Release

So The Crystal Empire is going to be the Fortress of Solitude from the looks of it. Also, like with previous premiere seaon episodes, it is going to be a two parter so it looks like the season isn't going to be one continuous story as most of us thought. Though there could be more multi-part episodes or still be continuous after that. Though now I'm hoping the entire season will probably one giant roadtrip and that they visit exotic or foreign places after the season premiere.

The rumored pics of a run down Ponyville could appear at the end of the season which could leave as a giant cliffhanger to the next season, but that is uncertain right now.

So i guess the point of that is to show how much darker FiM can be than the old 1986 MLP show. Well, that notion is actually not true. When the old show was at its darkest, it was at least as dark as FiM has ever gotten, but it would probably be more accurate to say that it could get even darker. And i cant help but notice the the image above conveniently forgets to mention that the "cartoon penguin" in the original show was litteraly trying to kill of every single living thing that wasnt a penguin (because he felt that they were weak since they couldnt stand the cold, and thus didnt deserve to live).

And if certain other episodes of the two shows with similar premises were compared, i can guarantee you that there would be no way to portray the FiM version as the more badass one. Like how for instance the original MLP pilot with a villain trying to bring about eternal night has the villain dying in an explosin, while the FiM pilot with a villain trying to bring about eternal night has the villain essentially being defeated by the power of friendship and then being turned into a good guy. Not to mention that the villain in the original pilot gets show of his evil by both turning ponies into demonic-looking dragons and explicitly threaten to decapitate a child, while the villain in the FiM pilot is never shown doing anything remotely as disturbing.

Now dont get me wrong, FiM is obviously still the much, much better show, but its annoying when bronies try to make that point by falsely portraying the old show as more saccharine than it actually was.

Quoted for truth. While G1's heroes didn't have the memorable personalities G4's heroes have (In fact, they're as bland and flat as cardboard toast. :P ) There were parts of it where I had to ask, "Whoa, this show was meant for little girls?" Even moreso than when I watch FiM.

Going to the pilot episodes, Tirek is just plain nightmare fuel! Batson pretty much summed up why Tirek was a scary villian. It should also be mentioned that Tirek had a bag made up of Darkness that seemed to be beating like a heart. Good lord that's creepy.

Really for me, I like the show for its more adventure based stories, like how I like FiM for its character centric stories. Yes, I personally think FiM is superior, but does that mean G1 is a piece of crap that should be forgotten? Heck no, It's actually pretty decent, if only for the various creatures and villains. I personally think it's better than most bronies make it out to be.

• Thumbs Up 1

Clipboard01.jpg

Dat 20 inch Pinkie....

and HOLY FUCKING GODDAMN SHIT, IS THAT A VINYL SCRATCH PLUSHIE I SEE?

Oh yeah, there's Applejack too, but who actually cares about her?

Edited by Pinkamina
  • Thumbs Up 2

Okay, that Rainbow in the uppermost left is... Kiiiiiinda freakin' me out.

I dunno. She's just like... Staring into my very soul.

• Thumbs Up 3

Really? I thought you had to do some major moderating in the comments. Ok then

Very little. XD

Also... NO MENTION OF THE NEWEST RHYTHM IS MAGIC?

SHAME ON ALL OF YOU.

• Thumbs Up 5

Also... NO MENTION OF THE NEWEST RHYTHM IS MAGIC?

SHAME ON ALL OF YOU.

Fucking official Vinyl Scratch plushies man! I dunno about you, but I at least have my priorities straight!

• Thumbs Up 2

*Looks at the picture of all the plushies.*

Well, Fluttershy's looking quite adorable there, and I see Rainbow Dash finally has eyes that looks like the show's. Good thing I held off from buying Rainbow Dash and...

and HOLY FUCKING GODDAMN SHIT, IS THAT A VINYL SCRATCH PLUSHIE I SEE?

Wait, WHAT?!

*Looks again*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40-D1Y3hdEs

• Thumbs Up 4

Can I type in pink?

And I'm a bit outdated on this whole fandom thing since I left it around six months ago (because the second season was just so boring.)

What am I missing out on? (Like Friendship is Witchcraft.)