Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

(because the second season was just so boring.)

inb4Batmare

My Little Pony, My Little Pony,

Ahh, ahh, ahh, ahhh…..

94903__safe_rainbow-dash_animated_costume.gif

I used to wonder what horror could be, until you came running at me.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 3

There are a lot of people who will happily bring you up to speed. It's just that most of my Season 2 intake of fan material is stuff that is still in progress since the end of Season 1.

Man, Rainbow Dash is ludicrously fast!

Okay, that Rainbow in the uppermost left is... Kiiiiiinda freakin' me out.

I dunno. She's just like... Staring into my very soul.

94778__safe_rainbow-dash_plushie_soon.png

Edited by Sweetie Crue

I've been trying to start a S1-S2 marathon in Youtube (despite having all the episodes in my disk... I have my reasons) but lately my connection has been so bad that I can't even visit Derpibooru (not like the site didn't have some issues last weekend), let alone load a single video...

Hopefully things get back on track for me in the next days (seems like my internet is returning it isn't :< )...

But anyway! Let's post what little I read last week.

xGanj.png

"1 day before my banishment" edition.

The Sisters Doo:

I think I'll give this one a rest for a while, it's slowly revealing a bunch of stuff we already knew about while trying to make it sound mysterious, also, I'm kind of more interested in the sub-story with Twilight and Pinkie so I'm going to give it some episodes so that one advances.

Kind of sad that isn't the main story, has some nice grimdark potential.

Mission Implausible:

Yup, confirmed what I said last time I talked about this one, this fic is pretty much Harpflank and Sweets but starring Vinyl and Tavi. (and in a more SATaM espionage-like setting instead of a.... huh... What category does H&S fit into? Mecha?)

I love what John made with the bakers! Pretty much all of Pinkie's fantasies in MMMystery on The Friendship Express are true (which means Gustave is an old school villain, Mullia is a ninja and Donut Joe is Con Mane), it's a shame this one doesn't seem to go for a long story because I'd love to see these 3 as recurring villains.

The humor is nice too, nothing rofl worthy but still funny (last chapter made an interesting point about how Octavia beated the bloody pulp out of an elderly mule laugh.png )

It's an interesting tale to say the least.

The Fluttershy Effect: (One shot)

Not the best story out there, but it plays with a good idea, an idea that I'd actually like to see in an episode.

Except for the part where Discord is the villain (the way he was treated in this story is a bit of a let down too XD )

This comment is in no way influenced by Background Pony, I mean it, I would never wish for that story to become an episode.

EDIT: I've come to the realization this little piece of green text sounds awfully suspicious, I just added it as a joke because of my constant fangushing about that story and how this one shares a similar theme at some points.

*not rated*

My Little Alicorn:

I'm kind of confused about where the story is heading to...

That isn't a bad thing though, it's just that there doesn't seem to be a lot of foreseeable events coming...

Other than "The Wedding" and Frazzleberry breaking his words (for some reason I can't remember that last one doesn't sound so appealing to me)

Of Steam Gears and Wings:

I'm liking this one! It's like reading a Diesel Punk pony version of Star Wars, I can actually see 2 of the characters delivering the final blow to any Death Star wannabe the evil side might bring...

It might happen, I just wanted to avoid spoilers outside of the box.

tongue.png

I'm thinking about either Scoot's or Pip BTW

I said before that I wasn't so interested about this one right now because we all know how it's going to end, but I have to eat my words right now because the action scenes are quite entertaining, as I said, it's like watching Star Wars!

Also, while we know the destination the journey it's still unclear and whatever happens in it remains a mystery, so I'll keep an eye on this one.

If I had one thing to complain about it's how quickly Raven established that Applebloom likes Pip too, I'm not sure how important it's for the story but I think (as a reader) I'd enjoy it more if I didn't know what the No longer apple filly thinks about the no longer Pinto colt, he killed any chance I had for fangushing and guessing with that line near the end (also, I don't feel the deliver was that good either)

What You Can Imagine: (One shot)

Thought provoking story, asking what people ponies could do if they were given the chance of having a world of their own, a place that they can mold however they want only limited by imagination and without any negative consequences.. Except, maybe not wanting to live in reality and only want your little world...

That and also that it's not a good idea peeking in what other's fantasize, you might not want to know what goest through someone's somepony's head, but this is mostly the main character's fault, the place had nothing to do with it.

Not sure what any of this have to do with ponies though...

*not rated*

Treasure In The West: (Sequel!)

I don't remember what I said about the first one but regarding of it's faults it was a really entertaining read, this sequel just started so other than trying to give an end to the unfinished story points of the previous story there isn't a lot going on.

Or at least I hope they finish them, I really want to know what the temple was doing there >_>

Oh yeah; and there will be shipping,not so interested in that one right now.

The Feather of Fire:

I really love MDW in this one, mostly because of how badass normal she is.

The latest chapters unveiled a bit of who might be behind the artifact disappearances, or at least who performed the deed (we still know nothing about the collector), this story has some pretty good comic book material and I'm enjoying almost every single second of it. biggrin.png

Can't wait to see how this goes!

Annnnd that's it for today, I'm pretty sure next week we will have nothing but the next time I talk about fanfics I'll try to post about goodbyes, amusing health conditions, family time, subjective truths and PinkieDash.

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah that's my only fear with the whole show and brony thing, where the brony part takes over what made the show good in the first place just to be like "bronies represent" kind of thing. This would piss off bronies as the show wouldn't be what made us like it in the first place anymore and it would also alienate the children that do watch it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I used to worry about that early on. But after how well they handled season two by keeping the show what it is but still giving small shoutouts, I really don;t worry about it anymore. the crew has proven they know what makes the show good and they don't want to give too many shoutouts. It really doesn't come in to my head unless someone says they're worried. Early on it, worried me a lot but now, it doesn't.

On another note, I am so torn by that cool Vinyl Scratch tin box. Curse being a closet brony living with an aunt and uncle who firmly believe "pink is for girls" and believe in gender views. I once saw a Rainbowdash shirt while clothes shopping with them. So hard to not get it. Sigh...

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 8

I used to worry about that early on. But after how well they handled season two by keeping the show what it is but still giving small shoutouts,

This. I'm not really concerned about that; they know what makes MLP good, and they know Bronies like it just how it is. Shout-outs will probably continue but there's no need to worry about drastic changes in the series.

So, I just submitted this for Equestria Daily, do you think it deserves to make the cut?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sOt34sBTVM

Now that Midwestria is near.

M.A. Larson@M_A_Larson

Okay, I can't keep the secret any longer. @KeatingRogers and I are going to parachute into @Midwestria like James Bond and Queen Elizabeth!!

Midwestria@Midwestria

9 Musical Guests! 2 Nights BluNoseReindeer, Chain Algorithm, Cyril the Wolf, F3nning, Grace Note, Seventh Element, Eurobeat Brony, and EHT!

• Thumbs Up 2

Some of you remember those posters featured on EqD and found in select Wal-Marts. A group of people collaborated to make an entirely HUGE vector file of the villain poster.

How big?

So big that this piece would be WAY too big for my wall, but good enough to fit into a billboard in Times Square!

Of course, because it's a vector, you can adjust the size to whatever you want.

Due to its huge size, I'm providing the link only, but the picture may slow down your computer.

http://mlp-vector-collabs.deviantart.com/art/Chaos-Poster-All-sizes-in-the-description-326670727

Now that we are waiting for S3 to come it's time to find the Bingo.

1341840273945.png

I'd have to go with right down the middle, mainly because of the Applejack song, or across the first or second row. I really like Luna's character, but having an episode with a Luna or Celestia song would be really cool too. Though I must say the possibility of a Scootaloo episode, and the return of a villain and antagonist sounds very awesome as well.

Edit: What am I saying. All of these combinations would be awesome.

Edited by AndrewClocksin

My word, I've been following and reading many fanfictions about "X turns into Changeling", especially when Twilight is the subject of change.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/49666/Want-Me%2C-Need-Me%2C-Love-Me

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/26961/Mirror's-Image

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/26992/Changing

Though I kinda hope that there will be an episode like that and be able to know more about the changelings and how their hive works.

My word, I've been following and reading many fanfictions about "X turns into Changeling", especially when Twilight is the subject of change.

http://www.fimfictio...eed-Me,-Love-Me

http://www.fimfictio...ror&#39;s-Image

http://www.fimfictio.../26992/Changing

Though I kinda hope that there will be an episode like that and be able to know more about the changelings and how their hive works.

Oh, god. I'm reading all of those. Changeling stories are just really fascinating. I love reading every author's interpretation on how Changeling society works.

And yes, Twilight being a Changeling is cool.

Edited by Pinkamina

97159__safe_comic_berry-punch_alicorn_artist-engrishman_troll-physics.png

Linky.

It's a rage comic. Except it's drawn well and actually funny. But it's a rage comic. Except it's drawn well and actually funny. But it's a rage comic. Except it's drawn well and actually funn-

936full-scanners-screenshot.jpg

Also, as far as Changeling stories, I suggest this one. Nice, breezy little ditty that fits well with the tone of the show; and is actually pretty funny.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 7

Also, as far as Changeling stories, I suggest this one. Nice, breezy little ditty that fits well with the tone of the show; and is actually pretty funny.

I read that one already!

But its sequel updated today, so toodles!