Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Didn't you learn the true lesson behind Owl's Well That Ends Well?

Nopony likes or should like Spike.

God I fucking hate that episode.

Oh come on, it's not that bad. I mean, it has one of Spike's best lines: "Yes, he's quite... the charmer." I crack up everytime he's says that. And at least it's not as bad as the Mare Do-Well episode. That's a bad episode.

Personally, I don't find a single episode of the show "bad" because too be honest, even ones that aren't as good as the others like "Owls well that ends well" and "Mare-do-well"(they really need to stop putting "Well" in the episode titles. it's like a curse." still had moments that I love and remember("Granny Smith smacking Rainbow Dash with her purse, mare-do-well in general, the little batman shout outs, Owliwicious, the "Who" gag, Dastardly Whiplash shout out.

Honestly, my least favourite episode is still the premiere. It's just so non-standout. I mean it's mostly just getting introduced to to the characters, emphasizing friendship and then getting to the villain and returning her to good. Ticket Master is a close second least favourite because it wasn't that funny or standout either. Applebuck Season is where i feel the writers got it. That's where the show started getting good with it's timing and slapstick and gags. That's one of the reasons I prefer season two over the first, it felt like the writers were completely comfortable with the world and the characters so they were less afraid to go bigger and take more chances(Like The Wonderbolts being used to fight a giant Spike that is stomping through Ponyville). I mean, hell, compare Season one's opening to Season two's. Season Two's opening pretty much skips the introductions by having them display a little bit for their personality for a few seconds by reacting to the chaos and just digs in to the story right after. Then the Season Two finale also goes more out there and bigger in comparison with Season One's which, while good, felt more like a regular episode than much of a finale.

I don't even know how I ended up saying all that from the two posts above.

Been a long time since I've been to this thread. Well, I would like a black and white movie paradoy in Season 3.

I can see the ponies making films for a film festival, and the Mane 6 try to make their own films, with Twilight's idea being a black and white film, since she's been studying film making. Each pony has their own idea on what to make it, with Pinkie adding comedy bits and Rainbow having extreme sports and such. That's my idea for an episode. I know it's nothing major; but good enough, I suppose. :3

Well, there are episodes of the show I don't like in particular, but only Mare Do Well came off as awful to me. Rainbow Dash was made to be even more obnoxious than Trixie, and the delivery of the moral was just out of character and very mean spirited. To be fair, this was Merriwhether's first episode, and she's worked on shows in the past where the characters come across as jerks or obnoxious... Spongebob Squarepants come to mind (Though she was involved with season 3 probably the best season of Spongebob, IMO.) Some of her later episodes were better. I assume she just needed to get the hang of the overall nature and themes of the show.

I honestly can't see Rainbow Dash forgiving her friends that easily for pulling that cruel stunt in that episode. I'd be pissed off if my own friends did something like that in real life, and I'm pretty mellow out there.

I can't really say much about Owls Well... IMO, the Spike episodes tend to be average. Also, I loved the Cutie Mark Crusaders episodes during the first season, but their episodes were pretty average in the second. I'm gonna be honest, I was more annoyed that they got the most centered episodes rather than Rainbow Dash did.

Anyways, back on topic...

Most of the time, the episodes I don't really like tend to range to about average to Awesome, often having to do with the guest characters in the episode. For example, while A Dog and Pony show had Man-Spike and Whiny Rarity, they also had the Diamond Dogs, which I think are the worst villains in the series so far... It doesn't help that they have those aggravating Gollum voices.

Then there are some episodes that I thought were fine, and yet I feel like there's something that they missed. The Hearthswarming eve ep. For example... It was decent, but at the end I felt like there was something that they could have expanded on more... I can't explain what, but I was kinda feeling empty after that episode.

And then there are parts that irritate my incredibly nitpicky side. I tend to feel like groaning at the King Kong reference from "Secret of my Excess" (Though not as obvious as most other King Kong shout outs in other shows) or Star Wars reference (Which was so close to the original, it almost felt like a Family Guy style joke.) that were put in. I try not to dwell on those parts though, cause that's just nitpicky hipster side sometimes makes me want to hate things. XD

That's really all I can think of when it comes to Episodes I dislike. Well, now that this is out of the way, I finally got act one of Welcome to Ponyville to work, and I'm gonna check it out now. biggrin.png

EDIT: Oh Episode Ideas?

Been a long time since I've been to this thread. Well, I would like a black and white movie paradoy in Season 3.

I can see the ponies making films for a film festival, and the Mane 6 try to make their own films, with Twilight's idea being a black and white film, since she's been studying film making. Each pony has their own idea on what to make it, with Pinkie adding comedy bits and Rainbow having extreme sports and such. That's my idea for an episode. I know it's nothing major; but good enough, I suppose. :3

Heh, that's actually a good Idea. My Headcanon is that films in the my little pony universe are black and white... I dunno why, I like to think of film as a new thing in Equestria.

An episode I'd love to see is one that's similar to that one episode of Arthur, where the main characters come up with Ideas for stories, and each story is done in a different animation style. (South Park, Dexter's Lab, ect.) It'd be pretty amusing to see the mane six drawn in a cheesy Anime Style, or in more Powerpuff Girls-esque style. (More than it already resembles anyway. tongue.png )

... Either that or Pinkie Pie going to the dentist and being forced to give up sweets. That's potential for some comedy gold right there. XD

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh come on, it's not that bad.

Nah, it's bad.

Well first off, the episode is boring as fuck.

Second, because of how they treated Spike. We get an episode about Spike, yay! They decide the best way to go about it is to introduce a one dimensional plot vehicle who's sole purpose is to fuck Spike's shit over at every possible turn and make him look terrible by comparison. They even go so far to make Spike out to be the goddamn villain in this scenario, complete with Snidely Whiplash attire. It's like they were trying to hide all of Spike's good qualities and made him the butt monkey just for the sake of a gag they could abuse, the problem here is that the gag wasn't particularly funny in the first place and it dragged on for the entire episode.

There. I'm done.

Very bad.

Also, as someone who had to go through that in life, that episode fucking hurt to watch.

"Spike, stop acting like such an asshole because you feel your feelings are no longer important to me. I'll just yell at you for feeling unwanted instead of trying to make you know that you aren't."

Like horrible even.

Edited by Pinkamina
  • Thumbs Up 4

I find it funny how this discussion turned out.

Anyway, my next fanfic chapter should be up by the end of the weekend. I would've typed it up tonight, but I haven't finished writing it yet (though that should be done very soon). It would've been finished today, but Bad 25 was released and I couldn't (and still can't) stop listening to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RrujbFhQdU.

Oh, and Season 3 is still about a month away? FUCK!

Edited by Grimchi3f

I wasn't keen on that episode either, good thing future episodes made Spike get treated better.

It's like the whole moral was "sometimes you can't do anything on your own and we appreciate that so Owlicious helps at night", except Owlicious was helping during the day as well and replacing Spike. It's not terrible but it's really awkwardly done, especially as many people have been through behaviour of being replaced like that only for someone else to go "no you're not you're just overreacting" rather than listening to your concerns GAH!

I really didn't like Mare Do Well though, for all it's character derailment glory.

Well, I just finished my first playthrough of Welcome to Ponyville's first act. Damn this game is good. I am loving it. I love choices and effects in games. I played a unicorn and as I usually am in games I was pretty much a nice guy. I am really invested in the story. It's very interesting so far. The voice acting was really good and all the voices fit their characters. The dialogue was good. You get the basics of the characters but it doesn't lay on stuff you already know over and over. The dialogue was good. there are a few parts that made me laugh and I genuinely enjoyed the dialogue. The only thing dialogue wise that I had a problem with was Twilight saying that she "vanquished" Nightmare Moon and the Ursa Minor when she didn't kill them. The characters are all in character and it's really fun to watch them interact with eachother. Something tells me that the people who made this are horror fans because there's a Resident Evil joke in the tutorial and in the game there are quite a few creepy scary parts. Seriously, I actually jumped at one point.

So how about them nightmares huh? Seriously, those parts are unnerving. But it certainly makes me more interested in the story. The whole wind acting odd part is also making me wonder how everything fits together.

The main character is interesting. I kind of wonder what he was doing when he got his cutie mark, what it is, why he doesn't kknow what it means and why he doesn't want others to know what he was doing when he got it.

I really liked the part with the Doctor. Jamjar is really good at the role and I hope to see more of the Doctor in the game. I wonder what that machine is. Hopefully he doesn't blow himself up.

It's nice to see Trixie has some good in her. I did actually feel bad for her. I like her voice. Really good.

Sethisto's voice made me burst out laughing. Holy crap, that was hilarious.

Kind of surprised to see so many romance references. Worked in well though. Really glad they don't focus too much on it.

Derpy's voice was something. I like it. I could hear hannah's Vinyl voice in it though. Still good. Personal favourite Derpy voice will always be Tabitha's though.

Vinyl Scratch was awesome. Just awesome. She was funny and very entertaining. Knocking on someone's door and asking if she can rent their bed. XD

Spike asking you to do a solid was funny and of course, being the nice pony I am, I accepted. I wonder how different things are if you refuse.

I loved all the continuity nods too. Very nice.

Oh and that cliffhanger...

Overall I loved playing this game and I can't wait for more. I love pretty much everything about it. Felt really short though but it's just the first act so what can one expect? And there's still all the choices too. This game has me hooked in now. Dammit, you talented bronies at Fillygamez!

So why does Spike abuse ignite so much anger anyway? I'm not a huge fan of Spike, and it's kinda odd to see so many to get so pissed over Spike being abused.

Oh yeah I almost forgot the songs are great too, which is also strange as most Kid Shows I have watched with song numbers make want to stick scissors in my ears! blink.gif

I've seen the My Little Pony tales series from the early 90's thats not bad compared to the 80's shows. But I think its good that the new show can appeal to people who aren't female or into the toys.

Yeah its a girls cartoon but so what, I think its good. I think its a nice 'up yours' to the conservative macho male culture BS that I grew up with in high school that I totally hated "Oh you must play football and rugby in order to fit in with other males, you swim with the girls because your a pussy and can't play a man's sport".

"Oh you like Madonna and the Scissor Sisters you must be gay".

"Oh you wear nail polish and ruffled shirts like Prince you must be a faggot".

Sorry for my rant there, I hated high school.

A lot of guys like girly Manga and Anime yet no one blinks an eye.

Oh that macho BS still happens, in fact I know a brony and this group of (maybe freshman/sophomore boys were making fun of him, because he was wearing a mlp shirt. He's not a bad guy by any means, I mean he was trying to get everyone to play (some strange version of football) fairly (although I will admit he took it a little too far) those boys were still a bunch of dumba@%*es, their insults were always "suck my dick" yah high school kids are huge potty mouths. And look I'mgoing to say this now, if you are a brony, I so not care that is your opinion, everyone has a different opinion, and me (I only watched an episode and kinda enjoyed it, not enough to obsess about it however) I am OK with this, I am technically not a brony, but do what you will, be who you want to be.

My high school is actually pretty good at this. While most do tend to be like "Watthefuck that shit is for girls" they don't bother me about it or treat me any less friendly at all and my friend, while he may act as if I'm crazy for liking it doesn't treat any different for it. Not too mention the people at my school don't see a problem with guys wearing pink or even skirts of high heels(Nor do the teachers for that matter actually).

In terms of machoness, I have a friend who plays football and swims and he doesn't have a problem with people who are gay who generally act differently. The only time he tries to act mach is when I bring up FiM which i have slowly been warming him up to. Very slowly. There are some guys though who seem to only talk to express how manly they are. it's kind of annoying.

So why does Spike abuse ignite so much anger anyway? I'm not a huge fan of Spike, and it's kinda odd to see so many to get so pissed over Spike being abused.

Probably because most of it is undeserved and he's a little kid. Granted he's usually treated fine. In the show anyway. I can totally see why it bothers people. Maybe it's partly because Spike is one of my favourite characters.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

Because Spike is awesome, and him being abused should be considered a crime. No, but seriously, he's like the funniest character in the show. I don't really care about Spike abuse as long as it's not like serious abuse or anything.

• Thumbs Up 3

I like Spike.

That said, has everyone heard about Faithful and Strong?

http://www.equestria...trong.html#more

Well, not that anyone cares, by my song made it on!!! biggrin.png

I did a collab with a singer named Aurora and I'm so stoked about being featured. I'll post the link to my song tomorrow after the album is released.

Edited by AndrewClocksin
  • Thumbs Up 7

66 minutes for a movie? Really? They should have made it over 150 minutes like most anime movies are.

Edited by Flutterrage

So chapter 2 of Crossing Over is done:

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/49977/Crossing-Over

In this chapter, I meet Twilight and tell her about the fact that I'm from another universe. She says some very interesting things about Sonic and the Doctor, but before she can tell me the whole story, I tell her to go get her friends while I go see Lyra in Ponyville park. Upon arriving there, I find out that Bon-Bon has died. I reveal to Lyra that I'm actually a human and am surprised when I find out that she seems to think all humans are monsters due to the fact that Eggman (a human) killed her loved one.

66 minutes for a movie? Really? They should have made it over 150 minutes like most anime movies are.

Friendship is magic: The OVA.

*Insert image spot here*

All my yes and all my no.

But seriously, if it is a movie, that isn't too bad a length. It's more pony so I can't complain.[ I mean, it makes sense considering the shorter seasons.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

So chapter 2 of Crossing Over is done:

http://www.fimfictio...7/Crossing-Over

In this chapter, I meet Twilight and tell her about the fact that I'm from another universe. She says some very interesting things about Sonic and the Doctor, but before she can tell me the whole story, I tell her to go get her friends while I go see Lyra in Ponyville park. Upon arriving there, I find out that Bon-Bon has died. I reveal to Lyra that I'm actually a human and am surprised when I find out that she seems to think all humans are monsters due to the fact that Eggman (a human) killed her loved one.

Lyra hating humans? Nice! As much as I love "human obsessed Lyra," It's always nice to see someone try to do something different with fanon.

I'lll be sure to look at this story later and give you of my nitpicks. Haha, I kid I kid. tongue.png

I'll get it soon.

So, ah, these have popped up?

Capture.JPG

wonderbolt_academy_flying_field.jpg

Stuffs?

Hmmm... Part of me is telling me it's another compilation DVD. 66 mins? That's about three episodes long. Though if it's a movie, That's kind of a dissapointing length... Eh, whatever.

Although I was hoping for a theatrical release, I highly doubt it would ever happen... In this day and age, It's pretty impossible for TV shows to get theater releases.

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

Spike is best dragon.

And hope that those things popped up are for real.

To be honest, the only episode in my mind that come off as awful are Mare Do Well. There's probably more episodes that are like that, but I can't think of more at the moment. The episode shows one of my deep concerns of that episode, that being Rainbow becomes a bitch. For starters, yes, we all can be over confident and boast about how good and heroic we are, but Rainbow does it in a horrible way. It be better if Mare Do Well did try to help but Rainbow shoves it away and finds out that she does need help from a fellow friend. Not being a total bitch and desperate to obnoxiously help everyone. That's a problem that I hope Rainbow doesn't come across.

I heard that Lesson Zero is disliked as well. Personally, I like it for two reasons:

1. Twilight's obsession: I've always been a studius person, and if I can't do an assignment, I freak out and panic. I can relate to Twilight on this since I always freak out over school work. That, and Twilight is funny as hell in that crazy phase.

2. It gives the other characters their own episodes: I know there were episodes dedicated to the other ponies, but a lot of the time, it was Twilight learning everything. This episodes mark the other characters learning friendship qualities. I like this since we can see the other characters develop more and see what kind of situations they get in.

I'll list my favorite episodes soon. If there are any other episodes I don't like, I'll post about it.

I thought Lesson Zero was one of the most popular episodes.

And it also gave us THE. WORST. POSSIBLE. THING. because Rarity is so fabulous.

• Thumbs Up 3

I thought Lesson Zero was one of the most popular episodes.

And it also gave us THE. WORST. POSSIBLE. THING. because Rarity is so fabulous.

I looked at the comments from the YT video and it's mixed from what I can remember.

I just like it for those two reasons I listed. ^_^;

Oh that macho BS still happens, in fact I know a brony and this group of (maybe freshman/sophomore boys were making fun of him, because he was wearing a mlp shirt. He's not a bad guy by any means, I mean he was trying to get everyone to play (some strange version of football) fairly (although I will admit he took it a little too far) those boys were still a bunch of dumba@%*es, their insults were always "suck my dick" yah high school kids are huge potty mouths. And look I'mgoing to say this now, if you are a brony, I so not care that is your opinion, everyone has a different opinion, and me (I only watched an episode and kinda enjoyed it, not enough to obsess about it however) I am OK with this, I am technically not a brony, but do what you will, be who you want to be.

Funny I wrote what you quoted when I was still big into the show and was a fan of it, I never used the term Brony to describe myself just a fan, not that I really have anything against Bronies, I just don't like labels.

How does brittish bronies organise themselves? Facebook groups, forums etc?

Since my sis marries a brittish guy next summer, I'm trying to melt myself into the brittish society by this point. What better way to do it than doing it with bronies, right?

Don't know, same as everybody else that likes the show, like you said Facebook, Fourms, etc?

Depends its not that really big over here or at least where I am living and I don't think its a hot popular conversation piece either.

Also I think people are into it will probably be quite subtle with it they are not exactly going to have a neon sign above their heads saying "I am a Brony, I love My Little Pony" wearing a Fluttershy T-Shirt unless they want their neck re-arranged by the local youths. wink.png

Edited by BW199148