Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Season 3 is just on the horizon isn't it? My group here at school might be planning to watch the premier together hopefully.

Also, Luna's a pokemon!

564263_470485976315696_507714651_n.jpg

>Catch Woona

>Give Everstone

<3

• Thumbs Up 3

Season 3 is just on the horizon isn't it? My group here at school might be planning to watch the premier together hopefully.

It looks that way. I'm personally expecting an announcement for the air date either next week or the week after. Heck, the Royal wedding episode's getting an encore presentation this weekend, so we may be getting some news pretty soon.

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

Steffan Andrews@orchetect

@M_A_Larson @equestriadaily Sorry Larson, I've hijacked EqD full-sway. It's a party up in here, this #TalkLikeZecoraDay :DDD

M.A. Larson@M_A_Larson

"HEY! @equestriadaily! TURN DOWN THE DUBSTEP, IT'S THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!" *slams ceiling with broom handle

Midwestria@Midwestria

So many activities! Alongside console gaming, our game department has a lot of goodies in store! Check em out!

M.A. Larson@M_A_Larson

If @MichelleCreber wants to attend any of my panels, there is now a $500 admission charge.

A look back at Galacon with 1650 euro for Luna.

Edited by Applejack1973
  • Thumbs Up 1

The staff can be so random at times tongue.png

Anyway, let's get down to business shall we?

B2vwm.png

Episode 13: Why is Rainbow Dash in a Kart?

As I said, obvious title is obvious, first because most of us sure know what I am referencing with that question (hilariously enough, I've heard some people actually asked this to the guys behind PonyKart), second because, well, IIRC there is only 1 main composer for the game. tongue.png

Today we are going to talk about a particular case, contrary to most of the musicians I posted so far (who produce party tracks or pop or rock or various degrees of pony music like the ones you'd hear in a radio) today's pick publishes musical scores, background music if you will, things you are supposed to hear while something else is happening, or pieces that help to tell stories and/or actions... You catch my drift. (or not... I dunno...)

Anyway, today's pick is a great musician, a brony that could make the most mundane activities into something beyond epic, today we talk about Makkon.

01 ) PonyKart SAA trailer theme

I think I'll be a bit short on words while talking about Makkon's pieces, and mostly only point where I could see his music used into, this one is almost perfect to use as an intro (hence it's position on the list)

02 ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqjKLRzA30g/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PLs7QuwzRc

Tittle screen music!

"Impressions" sounds like the kind of thing you'd hear in a prologue, narrating the back story of the world you are about to dive into.

"Battle Theme" is what you'd hear in the title screen or when you are about to start your epic adventure. Gives me some serious Age of Empires vibes (

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSvgBbjm09s, including
).

03 ) Test Pony

I find funny how this is the least Makkon-like track yet it's one of my favorites.

This is what I like to call character creation theme (or options menu), distracting from all the epicness that surrounds this list (and the little adventure I'm having in my head) this piece is a lot more chilled.

I call it Character creation theme because the instruments make me think of the themes you hear when you are making your character in

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOYRJnHG65s, but this one is more happy, more "bubbly"... More pony. XD

04 ) Call of the Hero

"In our darkest hour, a group of heroes rises"

Or something like that. XD

A good story starter, this is where the journey truly begins.

05 ) WWU Late Again - Highlanders

If my memory doesn't fail me (again) this one was supposed to be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfeIuNhBUt4, but at some point it became something else.

This is a calm track, the kind of thing you'd hear in some "towns" or "lobbies", a serene place outside of all the action... And then...

A wild bagpipe appears!

The track becomes like another piece I'd hear at the beginning of a journey, I'd like to think of this one is a more pony-friendly version of "Call of the Hero", I can picture some ponies taking the train and beginning their travels...

06 ) Locomotive Rush

Annnnd here comes our first action piece.

And amazingly well done action piece, quite intense.

07 ) Big Mac 39s Theme

"After a close encounter with the forces of evil, our heroes are forced to wander the badlands, what mysteries and dangers lie in this desolated region?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmDLaD_zqzc, This one makes for an amazing "stage music", the kind of thing you'd hear while actually playing a game.

08 ) Dodge badlands battle theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN3ETtGRiQI

And as the name implies, this would fit as a "battle version" of the stage I described above.

I love this piece! This one and the previous track go so well together, it's almost like they were made to be part of a dynamic soundtrack.

Dem guitars, dem trumpets, bronydom needs more turmpets...

09 ) A waltz for Trixie/

"Waltz for Trixie" is a really nice piece, it doesn't sound much like Trixie the first time you hear it but it's there, it's just a slower paced, more sad version of the music you'd hear from the showmare.

The scenario I had in my head while making the list was of an abandoned house, where the heroes go try to rest, but little they know about the ugly things hiding inside the mansion...

This is where Hallowed Waltz comes in, as an alternative, creepier version of the first track, a nice fit for when things are starting to get out of hoof.

10 )

And just when you think things couldn't get any worse...

This sounds like of a piece of Hell itself decided to become alive and started walking around your zone, consuming everything that surrounds it in cursed flames of despair and stuff. (yeah, stuff)

Also, I loved this comment:

This reminds me of the ending chapters to "It's a Dangerous Business, Going Out Your Door". Those who have read the story will know _exactly_ what I'm talking about. Bad juju, indeed...

i think he's right. ohmy.png

11 )

Awwww yeah! Boss battle music! biggrin.png

I don't think I have anything else to say about it, one of my favs from Balloon Party, I also loved AA's remix of it.

12 ) Rainbow Rhapsody

This is a pretty sweet piece, nice musical description of the events of Sonic Rainboom, I also think it's a nice piece to end something, like an after boss cutscene!

12 )

Annnnd things keep getting creepier.

My head scenario for this one is of an underground facility found bellow the mansion...

Somehow I feel like I'm starting to picture a Devil May Cry esque thing with ponies, probably a bad idea since it wasn't my intention when I started this. >_>

Oh well, this is still a pretty good track, another of my favs from Balloon party (might be a bit biased though, I just love almost all of the tracks that sound different from the rest, they kind of stand out).

13 )

My head scenario for this one is a more calmer version of the previous one, beyond the facility is a beautiful place... Kind of like the one in the vid's picture.

This piece in particular makes me thing of "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf0tYs5U5RI". It also makes me think of another track, you might know what track I'm talking about, it's pretty much Makkon's most known piece and with good reason...

14 ) Luna Deos/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NbyUtARW6I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NbyUtARW6I

I find this piece to be simply beautiful, an incredible remix of MLP's main theme (The fact this came from there is mindblowing enough).

The mental picture I had while placing this one (and I knew I'd place it at some point since it's my favorite track) is the discovery of something big, a trasure, a piece of lost history, that kind of important things. Considering the scenario and the instrumentation of the previous tracks Luna Deos is what would fit with this scene.

Deae Lunae is an even more epic version of the same track, the kind of thing I'd like to see as a recurring theme (this version in particular being used way latter in the story)

And so, this chapter comes to an end, but the adventure continues...

But sadly, this is as far as I (and almost as far as Makkon's music library) go.

And so, I conclude another episode of The Playlist, pretending to be a generic JRPG and failing at it since 2012.

So yeah, it's been confirmed that PSO2 gets a big update next week, I've been taking some breaks from the game here and there but I'm most likely going into "no-life nerd" mode next week, I'll make a fanfic post but you can be almost sure I won't post the next playlist. >_>

Despite this, hope you join me for whenever I post Episode 14: Chingón.

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 5

My Little Pony‏@MyLittlePony

Join us for an #MLPWedding Twitter party with @MomSpark 9/7 12-1 PM EST http://bit.ly/QmIYrf

Make sure your following us tmrw at 12 PM EST - we’re joining @MomSpark for a magical twitter party filled with lots of pony fun & prizes!

Edited by Applejack1973
  • Thumbs Up 2

I was looking at the cover in the first link longingly and then I saw their manes... holy crap! They look awesome, but I have to wonder what the significance is! So extremely stoked for S3!!!

I have no money, but I would pay well over $100 to purchase Season 3 right now.

Guys! I think we have another faker on our hooves!!

cadencespy.jpg

It's a conspiracy! Conspiracy I say!!!

(Or it's just a small redesign or something.)

Edited by Sweetie Crue
  • Thumbs Up 1

I really hope those manes aren't a permanent redesign

I doubt it... Anyone notice the weird shape of their eye highlights though? I can't help but wonder if the new manes and the eyes are connected in some way.

YES! I knew Shout! wouldn't let us down! I'll definitely be ordering this sucker in the near future! :D

So I have the Hub on in the background right now, and Pound Puppies is on. So there's some sort of dog talent show or something and three of the dogs do a dance routine, and the song they dance to, an instrumental of 'Love is in Bloom.' I looked it up, and Daniel Ingram is the composer for the show. I thought it was a cool little nod, and figured I'd share. Oh, and the pony episode someone posted about a while back was on, wasn't really paying attention, though.

Season 1 DVD... YES! YES! YES!

But... that's not the H-est of D...

Surprised it is only 4 discs though. I would have thought 5.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 7

Is that... Tabitha? "Voiced by a friend" and the comments seem to be pointing towards it, which if true, that's awesome of her. If its not her, whoever did it was spot on.

• Thumbs Up 3

Is that... Tabitha? "Voiced by a friend" and the comments seem to be pointing towards it, which if true, that's awesome of her. If its not her, whoever did it was spot on.

Dunno. TheLivingTombstone claims that the friend doesn't want to be named... Apparently she doesn't want anything to do with the fandom... Then again, you never know maybe it Is Tabitha... I think I recall her that while she appreciates the fandom, she'd rather not get involved.

Who knows? In this fanbase, anything could happen.

EDIT: I forgot about the Season 1 DVD. Sweet, I'll actually be able to get some space cleared off of my DVR now! Also, I really look forward to the Cast and Crew Commentary, personally. It'd be interesting to hear about things that they intended or what could have been.

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

But... that's not the H-est of D...

Surprised it is only 4 discs though. I would have thought 5.

Oh Rarity, you're quite the fabulous one.

In case you couldn't tell, I rather enjoyed this.

Edited by Semi-colon e

It does sound a lot like Tabitha, but, I dunno, it still sounds slightly different to me. Very good imitation though.

Edited by Special Operative Blaire

Dunno. TheLivingTombstone claims that the friend doesn't want to be named... Apparently she doesn't want anything to do with the fandom... Then again, you never know maybe it Is Tabitha... I think I recall her that while she appreciates the fandom, she'd rather not get involved.

Who knows? In this fanbase, anything could happen.

I completely understand why she wouldn't, considering how crazy bronies can get, but it seems shes trying to get involved a little bit by going to a few conventions here and there. Its actually pretty funny how Tara has embraced us and wants to be involved as much as possible, while Tabitha, while she appreciates our love for the show and her work, would rather stay behind the scenes.

It does sound a lot like Tabitha, but, I dunno, it still sounds slightly different to me. Very good imitation though.

Agreed. I don't think it's Tabitha; there are several vocal nuances that lead me to believe otherwise, ranging from tone to the fact that her dialogue takes on a slightly British character. It's a phenomenal voice actor, but probably not Tabitha.

In other news, I'm going to go rewatch the entire series for the third time starting tonight. Who's with me?

Wow! I'm totally getting that season 1 DVD when it comes out. Season sets are all the merch I'll ever need.

I think I'll wait before I put down money for a preorder, since I've been buying too many things as of late. At least the release is still a ways off.