Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

There's a pretty good reason why Pinkie Pie holds the Element of Laughter. Check out this comic between her and Big Mac. (Warning! Its high pixel size could slow down your computer!)

comic__boundaries_by_hatbulbproductions-d5ep51i.png

Big Linky Pie.

• Thumbs Up 4

Remember that Bad x This Day Aria mash-up I made? Well, I put it on Youtube:

Also, I submitted my Through The Crack sequel for approval. The Prologue and Chapter 1 should be up within the next 24 hours. Yay!

Remember my little rant on Doctor Whooves's characterization?

Yay for little saddlesore!

Anyway, I've been really getting in to Doctor Whooves lately. So much so that i watched BBC's marathon of the Matt Smith Doctor and am watching the new episodes when they come out. This show actually resulted in making me a Whovian(Like how Discord got me interested in Star Trek). So I've been watching Doctor Whooves and the Assistant, Doctor Whooves Adventures, Following Lovestruck Derpy and Discord Whooves, read Twelve(Which I don't think I finished) and listen to Stuck in Time(That song is still stuck in my head). However while the stories I've read and watched/listened to are all fantastic, it's been bugging recently how he's kind of so much like Ten and sometimes eleven. Even in Twelve(From what I've read) there's nothing that particuraly stands out about Whooves compared to the others other than the fact that he is a pony. Just bugs me a bit. All the doctors have a new personality. I haven;t even seen all of the rest of the ten doctors but something that defines them from the others is usually there.

One started out as a jerk but became kinder but still grumpy, Three was less quirky and stuck on earth, Four was dramatic with a deep voice and an affection for jelly babies, Five wore celery and had unneeded glasses, Si and seven had question marks, Eight was passionate about people and ended up fighting in the Time war, Nine was more normally dressed yet still quirky, hated the Daleks with a passion, had survivor guilt and strived to keep away from death, Ten was also passionate about people, rambles, also had speccy glasses, almost became like the master towards the end of his run, still felt guilty about what happened and Eleven wore bow ties(Bow ties are cool), wore fezzes and stetsons, had a tendency of calling Rory and his family as if there last name were Pond, still rambles, has a tendency to make speeches to terrify his enemies because of his reputation and his sillyness is more of a facade than the doctor's before the time war.

Twelve is a pony. That's about it.

There's nothing about twelve in any of the stories that stands out personality wise and that's a shame and if there is and I missed it or if there is a story that makes Doctor Whooves more standout personality wise then let me know but it really bugs me. A lot of the character's sadness seems left out too. All the post war doctors seem to have a underlying self loathing and overall sadness and fear of death that none of the Doctor Whooves stories I've seen even hint or mention. You'd think seeing the equivalent of a Dalek in such a more idealistic world would have more of an angry response considering how much of a grudge nine, ten(?) and eleven have against them.

Still, I love the stories and Doctor Whooves is still fucking awesome.

26b.jpg

A lot of the character's sadness seems left out too. All the post war doctors seem to have a underlying self loathing and overall sadness and fear of death that none of the Doctor Whooves stories I've seen even hint or mention.

The pics are going to be in a spoiler because there's a lot a decent bit of them so click that or the link if you want to see what I'm talking about.

tumblr_mad59q4Mi31rziyy4o1_500.png

tumblr_mabbdunjd21rziyy4o5_250.png

tumblr_mad59q4Mi31rziyy4o2_250.png

tumblr_mad59q4Mi31rziyy4o3_250.png

tumblr_mad59q4Mi31rziyy4o4_250.png

tumblr_mad59q4Mi31rziyy4o5_250.png

tumblr_mad59q4Mi31rziyy4o6_250.png

tumblr_mad59q4Mi31rziyy4o7_250.png

tumblr_mad59q4Mi31rziyy4o8_250.png

tumblr_mad59q4Mi31rziyy4o9_250.png

tumblr_mad59q4Mi31rziyy4o10_250.png

http://lovestruck-derpy.tumblr.com/post/31549902218/thats-his-whole-life-so-much-pain-so-much#notes

I am so glad that his sadness is actually shown even if for a brief bit(the next update after this goes back to the strips usual cheery tone). Though i find it funny how one of the most lighthearted Doctor Whooves works is the first one I've seen to bring the tragedy of the character up. Not that i'm complaining. Funny how i found this tonight, the night a new episode of Doctor Who premiered.

Anyway, I seriously want to see more stuff like this in Doctor Whooves stuff. It's nice to see that important part of the character a bit.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 1

Brohoof Strickerx!

Earlier from TV Tropes.

Let there be spoilers.

]

Can Twilight Sparkle and her friends keep the Crystal Empire safe? A magical empire has suddenly appeared in the arctic north of Equestria, and Princess Celestia needs Twilight Sparkle and her friends to find a way to protect it. While her friends try to keep the Crystal Ponies occupied at the Crystal Faire, Twilight Sparkle searches for the hidden Crystal Heart that is the key to keeping their empire safe from harm! (applies to "The Crystal Empire" as a whole)

William Anderson apparentlyexternal_link.gif started working on the first episode of season 3 around May 12, 2012, on July 3, 2012 wroteexternal_link.gif about having "been busy" "making sure it is good," on July 10, 2012 statedexternal_link.gif that he put the finishing touches on it and that "It's very nice." He apparentlyexternal_link.gif finished working on it around July 12, 2012 and got the response "GODDAMIT WILL! It is so FRAKING FANTASTIC!.... We got chills when ** and *** gave their final word to ** and closed the door... CHILLS!" Tim Stuby reportedexternal_link.gif on July 18, 2012 that "Word on the streetZ is that ep 301 looks pretty sweet... of course I'm taking an animation director's word for it, so..." and saidexternal_link.gif on August 18, 2012 that the first two episodes of season 3 "should amp up excitement. You've already seen spoilers."

Tropes presumed present in this episode include:

• Good Republic, Evil Empire: Seems to be averted - from the synopsis, it seems that this empire is on the side of good.

• Vanishing Village: The Crystal Empire

Edited by Applejack1973
  • Thumbs Up 1

My sequel to Through The Crack, Crossing Over, is approved:

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/49977/Crossing-Over

Both the Prologue and Chapter 1 are up.

You can tell just by the description that it's different from Through The Crack and other crossovers. Don't worry, more crossover elements come in later. Anyway, you can now see who the mysterious pegasus is; it's me!

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey guys, so I went to Midwestria today and also attended the writers panel. There, I learned some pretty interesting stuff that you may or may not already know:

-Twilight's original name was going to be Twilight Twinkle (T^2)

Huh, wasn't that G3 Twilight's name? I remember seeing a chart with all the previous gen ponies that inspired the mane six. Interesting.

-Applebuck Season was originally named Applebash Season due to the fact that Applejack used her head to knock apples off the tree instead of her legs. This is what would cause her to go a bit crazy in the original cut.

XD, i guess they figured Applejack suffering brain damage was too violent. Understandable, I guess.

-In the episode Cutie Pox, Scootalo and Sweetie Belle were originally suppose to sing in the scene before Applebloom sadly walks into the Everfree forest. It was cut because the song was apparently in the rap genre.

Ohhh, but a rap would have been hilarious! =(

Oh well, If I recall, I think rap was one of the musical genres the writers wanted to avoid. There were of course other musical genres they're not going to use, but nothing comes to mind at the moment.

My sequel to Through The Crack, Crossing Over, is approved:

http://www.fimfictio...7/Crossing-Over

Both the Prologue and Chapter 1 are up.

You can tell just by the description that it's different from Through The Crack and other crossovers. Don't worry, more crossover elements come in later. Anyway, you can now see who the mysterious pegasus is; it's me!

Oh, going for a "Human in Equestria-ish" fic this time around? Interesting, I'll give it a read. Though I have to warn you... be very careful. One wrong move, and you could end up creating a Gary Stu/Mary Sue. It's pretty dang easy to do, especially when the the character's a self insert. I should know, I've experimented with self insertion stories from time to time.

Errm... You made yourself a girl pony? Well, not that it's a bad thing, just a different from what I'm used to reading, where the author designs themselves whatever sex they are.

Well, not much to say actually. Pretty good start, but I'm a little wary about the self insert. Still, I've read some good self insert fics in the past, so I'm willing to give this a chance. Self insert fics are notorious for being hated... but that doesn't mean there isn't good ones out there. I'll be following this fic and give you critiques and... all that stuff. tongue.png

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

Personally, I think that a 'human-ponified in Equestria' plot would be a great opportunity for someone to explore the day to day runnings of their lives, so focusing on getting to grips with actually becoming a citizen instead of just hanging with the mane 6 and other fan-loved characters. Dunno how many of those stories there are though.

Personally, I think that a 'human-ponified in Equestria' plot would be a great opportunity for someone to explore the day to day runnings of their lives, so focusing on getting to grips with actually becoming a citizen instead of just hanging with the mane 6 and other fan-loved characters. Dunno how many of those stories there are though.

Yeah, I agree with this... It's shown that the Pony culture and practices has quite a bit of differences to the Human culture and practices, so It's interesting to see someone from a different world try to adapt to the surroundings... Sort of a fish out of water story, right?

Personally, I would like to see a story where the self inserted character learns that the world he loves, while being a great world, is no better than his life back at home. Or maybe even not all of the Mane six like the main character (While not being vilified in the process.)

That's just me though. It's an interesting concept and I would like to see a deconstruction of the genre. If anyone's read any fics like this, then point me to them! It's something that's been buzzing through my mind for a while now.

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings
  • Thumbs Up 2

If anyone's read any fics like this, then point me to them! It's something that's been buzzing through my mind for a while now.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh, going for a "Human in Equestria-ish" fic this time around? Interesting, I'll give it a read. Though I have to warn you... be very careful. One wrong move, and you could end up creating a Gary Stu/Mary Sue. It's pretty dang easy to do, especially when the the character's a self insert. I should know, I've experimented with self insertion stories from time to time.

Errm... You made yourself a girl pony? Well, not that it's a bad thing, just a different from what I'm used to reading, where the author designs themselves whatever sex they are.

Well, not much to say actually. Pretty good start, but I'm a little wary about the self insert. Still, I've read some good self insert fics in the past, so I'm willing to give this a chance. Self insert fics are notorious for being hated... but that doesn't mean there isn't good ones out there. I'll be following this fic and give you critiques and... all that stuff. tongue.png

Got myself a new 46" 1080p Samsung TV today. Never before have I witnessed how beautiful this show is on such a TV. My eyes are raining rainbows from the beautiful colors this show produces. It's almost a whole new ballgame watching this show and PMVs on it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Got myself a new 46" 1080p Samsung TV today. Never before have I witnessed how beautiful this show is on such a TV. My eyes are raining rainbows from the beautiful colors this show produces. It's almost a whole new ballgame watching this show and PMVs on it.

I know right? It's absolutely wonderful. wub.png

Well, believe it or not...

http://www.equestria...from-chaos.html

robotnik_by_giantmosquito-d4bf51z.png

Yeah...

It's really not bad.wink.png

Seconded, that one is fucking awesome! I also love how the ponies actually have their own language in this, so at first there's a communication barrier between them and Eggman. It's something I kind of wish more HiE would do. It makes sense that they probably wouldn't be speaking perfect modern-day English.

• Thumbs Up 2

I know that feel. Most people get HD TVs for sports and what not, and while they look good, cartoons look fantastic on them. Especially ponies, considering all the bright colors that pop out and the smoothness of everything.

• Thumbs Up 5

OOC? Really?

I've decided that what I want most from S3 is a Scootaloo episode. After seeing some much artwork of her that has generated feels I didn't even know existed. I don't care what it is, I just want more out of that little filly.

What do you say, Scoots? *sees sig*

• Thumbs Up 3

Got myself a new 46" 1080p Samsung TV today. Never before have I witnessed how beautiful this show is on such a TV.

I agree.

FiM is best on a big screen like I own too.

...that doesn't seem too OOC of Discord, actually..

This day marks the one year for the Season 2 opening.

Edited by Applejack1973