Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Well, guys, looks like real life once again claimed someone else... Anyone know of Veggie55? Famous for his adult Cutie Mark Crusaders, Guyra and Lyra, and Soarin and Spitfire comics? Well it looks like Veggie55 is going on hiatus, or possibly even retiring, from pony comics.

Shame, I really loved his comics. Oh well, here's to wishing him luck in for his future endeavors.

Really disappointing to hear that, but hey, there's still a chance he may put some stuff up when he gets a break. He always managed to make me smile one way or another with his comics. I wish him luck with whatever he decides to do next.

On the topic of Applejack, I think that even the tiniest effort to expand her characterization and role in the series could do a lot. For example, Ponyville is confronted by a serious threat, and she's the only one strong enough to stop it. They could definitely include her a lot more if they tried; maybe they just haven't felt inspired to do so yet. I'd at least expect a little more of her in season 3 than the previous ones.

I also have to say that overall I have a very good feeling about season 3. The crystal fair song was absolutely wonderful, and it goes to show that their production quality hasn't slipped in the slightest, in fact, it seems to still be improving. If you think about how much cooler season 2 was than the already-awesome season 1, and extrapolate, we're in for a real treat in season 3, no matter how many episodes it is.

By the way, just finished a new song! Much darker than my previous ones and all about Discord. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

DISHARMONY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl03Njnpvhc&lc

Edit: it looks like my text is echoing.

Edited by AndrewClocksin
  • Thumbs Up 9

DUUUUDEEEEE...

The above song is gonna be featured on Equestria Daily! This will be my second song posted by them.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Thumbs Up 3

By the way, just finished a new song! Much darker than my previous ones and all about Discord. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

DISHARMONY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl03Njnpvhc&lc

Edit: it looks like my text is echoing.

I know I just said this on Youtube but... damn, that's good! I love how you put the actual voice clips in. This is going on my Ipod for sure!

This is one lucky kid.

Meghan McCarthy@MMeghanMcCarthy

Asked my kid who his fave pony was. He named a character from Season 3. #coolestkid

Edited by Applejack1973
  • Thumbs Up 5

New wave of blindbags are out.

As seen here in Denmark.

http://www.equestria...dbag-codes.html

This is why Hasbro sucks. Considering how big a hit this series is, I would like to think they should put more effort into the toys, instead of making every one a recolour of the mane six. But I guess that's more cost effective to them. The fan-made stuff is so much better.

Okay, I'll admit I didn't read everything here but yeah sorry. I want to get a little but not addicted to the series so where should I start off or which are like the must-watch episodes or such? Is there any songs I can like hear then and now outside of watching the show?

Thank you. :D

(and shameless self-plugging: http://soundcloud.com/faseehudeen/pinkie-pie-smile)

• Thumbs Up 6

I know I just said this on Youtube but... damn, that's good! I love how you put the actual voice clips in. This is going on my Ipod for sure!

Thank you!!! I just love getting feedback like this. Really inspires me to keep going and to produce bigger and better songs each time. smile.png

Okay, now the following isn't my song, but everyone on here NEEDS to see it, share it, and enjoy it. It brought me to tears even before the song started, and I just can't describe how beautiful, emotional, and perfect it is. Once I get my PayPal working, I'm probably gonna pay about $20 for this song.

Listen to it, share it around, and subscribe to this guy- this is possibly the best MLP fan song I have seen so far.

<3

Okay, I'll admit I didn't read everything here but yeah sorry. I want to get a little but not addicted to the series so where should I start off or which are like the must-watch episodes or such? Is there any songs I can like hear then and now outside of watching the show?

Thank you. biggrin.png

(and shameless self-plugging: http://soundcloud.co...inkie-pie-smile)

You need to really give the series a chance man, it is so awesome. I was skeptical at first but now it's literally one of my biggest inspirations!

Here, I'm gonna redo the list in order this time:

Season 1 Episode 7, 13, 17 and 25

Season 2, Episode 7, 13, 16, 18, 21 and 24 are just some favorites off the top of my head.

If you like the series, don't let anything get in the way of that! It's nothing to be embarrassed about! smile.png

And as for songs, there's a friggin' bunch of great ones. Becoming Popular, Winter Wrap Up, At the Gala, B.B.B.F.F. and This Day Aria are some really amazing ones. Give them a listen!

Edited by AndrewClocksin
  • Thumbs Up 5

Season 1 Episode 7, 13, 17 and 25

Season 2, Episode 7, 13, 16, 18, 21 and 24 are just some favorites off the top of my head.

If you like the series, don't let anything get in the way of that! It's nothing to be embarrassed about! smile.png

And as for songs, there's a friggin' bunch of great ones. Becoming Popular, Winter Wrap Up, At the Gala, B.B.B.F.F. and This Day Aria are some really amazing ones. Give them a listen!

Woah, woah, woah, you forgot Smile, Smile, Smile and Giggle At The Ghostly! Those are like, the best songs!

Woah, woah, woah, you forgot Smile, Smile, Smile and Giggle At The Ghostly! Those are like, the best songs!

I skipped Smile, Smile, Smile because Faseeh has already heard it. smile.png It's actually my favorite.

And Giggle at the Ghostly is pretty awesome, I just mentioned some favorites from the top of my head.

P.S.

Pinkie Pie is my favorite Pony.

Edited by AndrewClocksin
  • Thumbs Up 1

I find the Smile song forgettable after hearing that a couple of times.

Giggle at the Ghosties are one of the better PP songs.

Becoming Popular is one of the most amazing.

Edited by Applejack1973

So, while I was out nabbing Guild Wars 2 and Portal 2, I got one of those official plushies.

plushies.jpg

I got Pinkie, because Pinkie is best pony.

• Thumbs Up 3

On the off-side, I've finished my audition to The Vinyl Scratch Tapes. Just gotta do a bit of tweaking then send it over to Midnight Magic Productions.

goddamnitihopei'mHarpo ;A;

• Thumbs Up 4

So, while I was out nabbing Guild Wars 2 and Portal 2, I got one of those official plushies.

plushies.jpg

Yes, yes she is! I saw these in Walmart and I really wanted one; I'm quite jealous. :P

Thank you. biggrin.png

Just look up the songs or watch all the episodes, there's plenty out there to fit your fancy with how many there are :P

In terms of episodes, the first two episodes of Season 1 are kind of weak but they're great for background building and just being generally in order. Other than that, Episode 4 is quite a good one, but really anything other than the ends of the series and the double parter of Season 2 is good honestly. It might take a few episodes though, it's one of those that slowly grows on you :)

Happy watching!

plushies.jpg

I got myself a Pinkie Pie plush a few weeks ago. God, it's adorable. tongue.png

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings
  • Thumbs Up 1

P.S.

Pinkie Pie is my favorite Pony.

You win.

Anyway, I was thinking of MJ and MLP songs that could possibly mash-up together. Bad and This Day Aria? You Are Not Alone and BBBFF? I don't know but those are the first ones I thought of. Maybe I'll try my hand some MJ mash-ups soon.

This is one lucky kid.

*tweet*

THE TEASE...

IT HURTS...

But it's a good pain.

Anyway, I spent the last 2 days listening and humming to this almost nonstop.

I really can't wait for Octavia's Extensions to come out!

Man, I don't remember the last time I've been so excited about an album release. tongue.png

But enough music talk! It's Tuesday, and that means I get to share some...

xGanj.png

"Celly crazies are best and worst crazies" edition.

Long Distance: (Completed!)

Enter the story of a random unicorn specialized in communication, a mailmare and a zebra, that for different reasons decide to travel to the land of dragons...

This fic was written before Secret of My Excess, the author did his best to try to fit this into the canon but some things just didn't work out, keep that in mind before reading it.

I feel this one did a lot of things wrong, but it's worth a read.

For starters, the way the three protagonists meet is sort of random, I mean, they have their reasons but there is no doubt nor weighting of options to make them consider to make such a drastic trip to a potentially deadly land... They just go "Oh, I think I can do something there, so I'll go!", this is specially true for Sibwashie who just met this random pony on the street and decided to join him in a dangerous travel.

Another thing I didn't like was a quite nasty noodle incident that happened in a town called Bridleburg, I'm going to guess it's a reference to something else because the characters don't even bother to mention what happened there but they keep addressing how weird that town was and it comes as a little frustrating for me, it didn't even have ant relevance to the story, it's just there...

The other thing I didn't like was the way the New Lunar Republic was used, I mean, the main characters from that side were interesting and made for some good antagonists but the ideals these main characters have clashes a lot with what you see in Equestria, back in Celestia's land this group is the typical fanatical faction that rebels against Celestia and her "tyrannical ways"... But in the Lunar Republic they are a political party that wants the best for their land (in a Knight Templar way) and don't seem to want anything to do with Celly (or at least directly, their leader never expressed that wish, I wonder if the attacks from the Everfree served other purpose apart from keeping the element bearers busy).

Also, the protagonist gains mind control powers in the middle of the story, I'm actually neutral about this one, it looks like a flankpull to get the characters out of many situations but I actually like how creative ponies can get with their special talents and I'd like to see more of this (I like to think Fluttershy is an example of this, a pony whose talent is a special connection with the animals but as a nice extra she has the stare, which helps her slave befriend otherwise wild beings).

The last thing I'd like to point with my accusing finger is the dragons and their land, this is where the story can no longer work with the show since everything it takes to befriend a dragon is to not be greedy (roughly speaking), as menacing and exciting as the concept of a land full of dragons sound nothing of the sorts happen... They meet a dragon and they become pals just like that, they go to the library and request help and they get a free pass to visit the king for an audience, they ask the king for help and he gladly gives it. A few chapters and some exposition of dragon history that makes no sense whatsoever (but hey! Most fantastical tales are like this) later the characters are out of the land, their main objective accomplished and with some help to clear the side quest they took on their way there.

Having said all of this, I still consider this one a story worth reading, the characters are interesting in their own way, the main conflict about progress and communication is entertaining to say the least (especially how White Noise's and Dawn points collide) and we get to see some good action without reaching ridiculous levels (despite having ponies who are able to command Hydras and some Dragons at will).

It's not so much of a great story, but I'd give it a read if you have time.

*not rated*

The Legend Of Star Swirl The Bearded:

We have a double doze of Blueshift today and both stories are good so give them a read whenever you feel like.

I love this chapter! Star Swirl is starting to slip out (in more than one way), almost letting drop the fact that she is a... she! And it also seems like she is starting to feel the magic of friendship. (with an unicorn no less, which is a big deal in this setting)

wink.png

That or she wasn't in full control of herself for being a little tipsy.

Also, this chapter brought me back to Nineteen Neighty-Four, back in that story I commented about how I loved the way Blueshift played with people's expectations but not without leaving a little room for some of us to think they might actually be true.

Here we have a group of 5 stallions driving a young mare so she can nibble their cucumbers, with hopes of giving some bits to charity. The most typical reaction is "I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going"...

What do you mean that isn't a typical reaction!?

Oh...kay...

THE POINT IS! One expects bad things to happen to Clover, lucky for her Star Swirl came to the rescue, but then it turns out they were actually cucumber salesponies...

Were they?

You see, there is something I find odd about a cart driven by five stallions with a giant sign that says CUCUMBERS FOR SALE; ALL PROCEEDS TO THE ORPHAN FOALS SOCIETY... Somehow I can picture it was next to the FREE CANDY cart, if you know what I mean. >_>

Anyway, awesome chapter, awesome story! biggrin.png

Flight of the Navigator:

I see potential in this one, this could become the new Star In Yellow (so far my favorite Blueshift fic).

Sweetie finds a pony who apparently fell from the stars and it's tasked with the incredible important task of finding a box that could end the world as we know it.

A box that Scootaloo has found...

The story has all the points for a great Blueshift story, serious premise, serious potential for awesome things to happen (expect some heavy changes in the story's mood), hilarious and ridiculous things thrown in the middle just to remind you who is writing this.

So far there is not much to talk about but the little things I noticed were more than enough to leave me hooked!

Sweetie as a protagonist makes me unbelievably biased towards this. XD (best pony's sister happens to be best crusader)

Scootaloo is going to have a very important role in this (besides possibly bringing the end of the world) since it seems like the author is making a big deal of her wings.

The navigator seems knows Sweetie... It can walk on clouds without the magic on its suit... Though it doesn't seem to be able to fly (but this might be because it's incapacitated by it's suit), Sweetie saw it's face and we can confirm it's a mare...

HHHMMMMMMMMM

I'm interested. Also, Pumpkin and Pound cake come from the future but their intentions are not fully known yet. >_>

Flying High, Falling Hard:

Man, Rainbow was a bitch in this chapter...

AJ and Fluttershy: We don't understand nor approve of your decision, but we are willing to respect it.

Rainbow:@!#@ YOU! HOW DARE YOU NOT BE 100% HAPPY AND APPROVE OF WHAT I DO!!? WE ARE NOT FRIENDS ANYMORE!!1!

Geez...

Good thing I wasn't reading this one for the characters otherwise this would be the chapter were I drop it (I really want to know how the love triangle plays out, and despite what I just said Spitfire is so far the most interesting point in the fic).

Also, I'm kind of disappointed about AJ, as I said before I was expecting Fluttershy to play a role in all of this and the moment she was revealed as the one not understanding the concept of a gay relationship I was like "Buck yeah! Fluttershy as an antagonist for once! This is going to be interesting" But then AJ tags along, stealing some spotlight and doing it in the most facepalm worthy way (presenting the "same gender relationships are unnatural" argument)...

But to be honest I'm mostly disappointed because It had to be AJ who said that... Sure! Let the cowboy/farmer girl do present the "gay marriage is wrong" argument... dry.png

Ugh, I'll keep reading it but yeah, this chapter almost makes me stop.

The Steadfast Sky:

Celestia is becoming an interesting character to read about... She seems to feel the burden of the elements in a similar or worse level than Discord, she is putting too much weight onto herself and still keeps beating herself up for not being able to do more, to do what she is supposed to do or what the whole world expects her to do. And all of this comes from a filly's POV (a teenager at most) which makes it... Quite crushing.

I think I need to read more about the book before making some conclusions but whatever is in there is messing her up... Badly. For some reason she doesn't seems to be able to relate the book version of Kindness with the Shadow Stallion. Or maybe she thinks she can beat the Stallion because if what the books say is true then it means 1 element bearer alone could defeat another (if the stallion was the last one to remain he had to seal whoever was behind him alone)... I need more info to be able to tell what is really going on here.

But man, I'm almost on the edge of my seat, this is one of THE moments I've been waiting for since this story started!

What's most interesting is that we are going to this point with LOTS of questions unanswered (even that little brick Discord threw near the end about the Draconequus), I wonder how many questions this attempted encounter will answer? And how many more will be added? And how does any of this tie with what we already know of Equestria thanks to the show?

If anything, we know that "the third gods" fight as much as the first and the second ones. pinkiecrazy.png

ps: for a moment I had a theory of Celestia actually wanting to save the Stallion since he has spent a lot of time alone with his own nightmare and she felt bad for the colt of the book, but we've been in Celly's head today and these things don't seem to be on her line of thought right now.

The Story of My Life: (Completed!)

This story started simple enough but it ended up becoming something that made me think a bit...

I admit the main reason I dug into it was because of the "Inspired by the whole Derpy drama" thing, I was more than curious to see if this could stand alone as a story or would end up being a rant masked as a fanfic.

It tuns out it was the former.

There are 2 points I draw from this story, the first one is how people that want to protect someone can end up causing as much or more harm than good, be it by hurting others in the process or making the person we are white knighting feel like she can't do anything for him/herself (and how we would never give them the chance to prove us wrong, making us as judgmental as the ones who hate them). This seems to be the point the author wanted to make when making the story (not really related to Derpy, but more about how harmful we can be against someone without knowing it).

The other one came from Ditzy and this is something I got from reading it, here we have a character who's only purpose is to do something that will hurt a lot of other ponies, but that's the only thing that would let her live... And I feel like I'm reading an interesting and tragic tale, about a character who at the end disappears because "she wasn't meant to be". And I did relate it to the whole Derpy thing, thinking about the character who supposedly replaced Derpy and how she received nothing but hate because... "She wasn't Derpy".

It also made me think about how a story that ends means the beginning of another ones, and while Derpy's little story of going from an (intentional) animation error to a character with lines and Ditzy's sudden rise and demise was full of bumps of horrible horrible crashes, the chapter that lies ahead of us is something that I'll be looking forward to.

It's not anything that would change my opinion on the matter in any way but it was an interesting exercise for me to be in other pony's horseshoes and taking a simple edit in a completely non intentional and unnecessarily dramatic way. tongue.png

So yeah, the story made me think a bit... It didn't have the best presentation, there were some questions that were left without answer and Derpy's character was hard to understand at times for me (I guess like the author, I was channeling Ditsica most of the time). but it was a pretty interesting story to say the least.

Rating: 3 Stars

Mission Implausible:

Not a lot to talk about this one yet, but I sense some Harpflank and Sweets vibes from reading it (except, in a different genre and setting tongue.png )

In Her Majesty's Royal Service:

I love this guy's skill to write anything and make it sound funny... In fact... He could write a scene where nothing happens and make it lol worthy...

“We’re no strangers to physical labor.” Storm took another bite of his salad and leaned back in his seat. “Just how bad could it be?”

---

In flagrant disregard of all comedic protocol, it wasn’t bad at all.

And he did it. laugh.png

I'm also loving how alive this little town feels, I thought it was going to be a 1 chapter stop but we are getting immersed in the lives of these ponies, I can't wait to see where this goes!

Sisters:

This one is hilarious! It's an incredibly silly spin in the princesses (Celly is in full Trollestia mode and Luna acts like a 6 year old XD) and how introducing the "rule of law" concept into Equestrian society can change their lives.

It's like... A really well made parody of the series, with little memorable quotes here and there.

Got some good laughs out of me. tongue.png

The Ship-Off: (One shot)

This was surprisingly in character, almost episode like (until certain point). XD

Twi and Dash challenge each other to see who can write the best story, to avoid getting a field where only one of them is good they pick a random topic to see who is truly the best.

And the topic in question is "romance".

Twilight made me think a lot about naked singularity, while this take in the genre is different than the one Cold In Gardez had it felt a lot like something canon Twi would write, being as eloquent and descriptive as possible (and that "possible" for Twi goes as far as writing a 25 pages introduction before the main character shows up, and the main romance doesn't start until page 200 and something). XD

Rainbow's story was a glorious trainwreck, she pretty much wrote herself into a clopfic with Twilight's mom. Maybe the worst/best part is that she is well aware of this fact. X_x

Of course, at the end both get slammed by Rarity (which ended up as an impartial judge).

The story is hilarious but I can point 2 things that I really didn't like, the first one is how the last joke got delivered, I don't feel we needed to have such an extensive explanation of how the stories got delivered to Celestia, I already figured that out the moment Spike sneezed. >_>

The other thing I didn't like was a wasted opportunity with Pinkie, she almost goes Pinkamena at the idea of their friends wanting to replace her as the best party pony but that story point never gets closed, we don't know what happens with that.

But other than that it was a pretty fun story, incredibly in character... 'til the moment Dash shows her self insert clopfic. >_>

Rating: 4 Stars

Annnd that's it for today! Next week we will talk about re posts, Macintosh exploitation, duty swaps, fun with acronyms and a genie that hopefully doesn't involve himself with gender bending wishes.

Aww :(

core_of_the_apple__part_1_by_naterrang-d5clgyy.png

i really hope that whether it's happy or sad, we get at least one episode of the Apples' parents. Are they dead? Are they alive and well but too busy? Or should they just leave the topic alone?

Well have some awesome to cheer you up.

cmc_pokemon_trainers_by_cawinemd-d5cjdwr.png

• Thumbs Up 6

Aww sad.png

core_of_the_apple__part_1_by_naterrang-d5clgyy.png

i really hope that whether it's happy or sad, we get at least one episode of the Apples' parents. Are they dead? Are they alive and well but too busy? Or should they just leave the topic alone?

If FiM is anything like Marvel when it comes to these things, Mr and Mrs Apple will probably be revealed to have been secret agents who were killed by a communist who had taken up the supervillain identity formely held by a nazi... and then the nazi comes back and kills the communist and takes up his old identity... and later on, Applejack makes a deal with Discord to save the life of Granny Smith even though this means erasing her friendship with the other mane six from reality... then Applejack goes on to fight Luna after she has permanently turned back into Nightmare Moon and eaten Celestia and...

... yeah no, my guess is FiM isn't like Marvel when it comes to these things. But you have to admit, it would be pretty fucking awesome if it were.

Edited by batson
  • Thumbs Up 1