Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

Watching him get smaller and less intimidating when it is supposed for him to be more powerful its weird as fuck. At least Giratina and Deoxys looked stronger and more menacing.

I will never get used to this thing, it was just plain unnecessary.

Sometimes smaller and less intimidating by size can actually work really, really well. I don't suppose you've ever watched DBZ by any chance? One of the villains, Buu, takes on his final and most powerful form as "Kid Buu". He looks a hell of a lot more evil, and downright menacing with the spirit and attitude of a twisted child. That's probably what GameFreak are going for with Newtwo, but I think they missed the mark.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sometimes smaller and less intimidating can actually work really, really well. I don't suppose you've ever watched DBZ by any chance? One of the villains, Buu, takes on his final and most powerful form as "Kid Buu". He looks a hell of a lot more evil, and downright menacing with the spirit and attitude of a twisted child. That's probably what GameFreak are going for with Newtwo, but I think they missed the mark.

I know Kid Buu, but unlike Mewtwo, he actually looked more menacing  and twisted in that form than in the others.

Mewtwo already looked intimidating, this new form looks like a grumpy kid kangaroo or whatever the Mews are. The stupid head doesn't help at all.

2agk93q.jpg

Love type?

Man, they really are teasing us with Sylveon...

Also, the trailer gives the impression Mewtwo always knew he could forme change, which is not what I wanted.

• Thumbs Up 3

But this is just speculation, I could see Sylveon being either of those types especially because of the card attack you see it using.

I always thought that the card attack Sylveon uses in the reveal vid was Trump Card, a move that it's pre-evo Eevee can use.

But considering that the end of the newest vid has Sylveon surrounded with a pink heart-like border compared to the type-telling borders of the other Eeveelutions, that probably hints at it either being a normal type or another so far unrevealed type.

2agk93q.jpg

Love type?

Man, they really are teasing us with Sylveon...

Its obviously the Egg type.

Why else is it in a pink egg!?

Oh and it reminds me of...

Edited by Crow the BOOLET

Eh, it could still be Flying type, there's a little wing-like shape within the crest. 

The crest kinda looks like the wing of an insect in pattern as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's clearly a very abridged transformation from the movie, I still think he looks way cooler in the game and Sugimori art.

As for Sylveon's type..

I.. have no idea what that could mean. It still makes me just think Normal or Flying or something :P I hope we find out soon.

I find this new Mewtwo more intimidating than the previous one because it looks like it got a boost to an alien-like level of intelligence. Looks like it broke the limits on knowledgable and physic powers to me when I first look at it. The older Mewtwo sorta had this going on as well, but the fact it was more clunky looking in comparison to this new form makes it seem less "god mode"-esque. That's how I view it anyways.

As for the new type, I think "love" type is the best so far out of "good" type names or whatever. "Fairy" and "Light" types just make me cringe and think of Yugioh or something. Plus I can say "FEEL THE POWER OF LOVE!!!!" every time I attack someone now homg

• Thumbs Up 6

It's official. Sylveon is Sylvester Stallone Type.

can't change its facial expression? check.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't get the complaints of it being less intimidating tbh. If this form is supposed to be closer to Mew, one of the 'cute' pokemon, then it makes sense.

However I do have a problem with it looking even less like Mew than its predecessor, Mewtwo who's supposed to be the failed clone.

I don't get the complaints of it being less intimidating tbh. If this form is supposed to be closer to Mew, one of the 'cute' pokemon, then it makes sense.

However I do have a problem with it looking even less like Mew than its predecessor, Mewtwo who's supposed to be the failed clone.

Maybe it's because Mewtwo is like Mew, but also his own self. Even when taking on a more efficient Mewlike forme he's an individual, something different.

Also Serebii revealed some plot details.

>New Tork City

something very Mother 3 about this.

Well if there were other attempts to clone Mew, they probably failed completely, but I'd hardly call Mewtwo "successful" considering the whole mass murder thing in pretty much all continuities.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Always liked that theory actually. Not only are their normal forms pink, but shiny Ditto and shiny Mew are both blue, so ... there might be something there, even if it was probably unintentional on GameFreak's part.

• Thumbs Up 2

There is a rumor that all Ditto are the failed Mew clones. Based on the fact they both know Transform, both weigh the same, and something related to their colors being similar.

GameFreak found out about that rumour from an interview a little while back, they laughed and said they'd never heard it before, then started saying something about how Pokémon was good because it was about a unique world where there is a strong bond between humans and Pokémon.

Infact, that was their answer for every question in the interview.

"How did you come to create the amazing legendary Pikablu?"

"Well, I think what you have to understand about Pokémon is that we have created a world of adventure and unique creatures that people can be friends with *laughs*"

• Thumbs Up 6

If they introduce a "Love", "Fairy", or "Magic" type, I fucking quit.

I have a hard enough goddamn time trying to explain how Pokemon is still cool without having to explain that Love type beats Dark because love conquers all or some bullshit.

Also I can tell you right now that love ain't worth a damn.

• Thumbs Up 4

As for the new type, I think "love" type is the best so far out of "good" type names or whatever. "Fairy" and "Light" types just make me cringe and think of Yugioh or something. Plus I can say "FEEL THE POWER OF LOVE!!!!" every time I attack someone now homg

I think a 'love' type might make me throw up in my mouth a little.

• Thumbs Up 3

To be honest, I'd rather they leave this sort of thing to fan interpretation. Not that more thought-out canon mythos would be a bad thing (in fact it'd be pretty cool), but sometimes filling in the blanks yourself can be a lot of fun.

EDIT: I'm not expecting Sylveon to be a type like "Love" or anything. The hearts are because it's cute as heck. <3

Edited by elementofchaos

@Delusphere: Usually I'd disagree with you

But in this interview they even deliberately sidestepped the topic of eating Pokémon ("in this world there are all kinds of interesting things we don't have in the real world because amazing unique bond friendship laughs") despite the fact the games and anime sort of mention that people eat Pokémon on more than one occasion.

Actually I found the interview

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/11/23/pok-233-mon-39-s-burning-questions.aspx

EDIT: Wow this post had so many typos in it.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 2

@Delusphere: Usually I'd disagree with you

But in this interview they even deliberately sidestepped the topic of eating Pokémon ("in this world there are all kinds of interesting things we don't have in the real world because amazing unique bond friendship laughs") despite the fact the games and anime sort of mention that people eat Pokémon on more than one occasion.

The "world full of friendship" deal is their way out of tough questions. The laugh is there because they know they've bested the interviewer.

"How do Pokemon produce these eggs?"

"Well you see, we have created a unique world full of possibilities and friendship. *laughs*"

• Thumbs Up 2

To be fair, if you're asking that particular question, you're probably a part of the series' (original) target demographic. :V

I would very much like to know how female Gardevoir produce eggs.

IF YOU KNOW WHAT I FUCKING MEAN -WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE-

• Thumbs Up 3

"Well you see, we have created a unique world full of possibilities and friendship. *laughs*"

"Well you see, we developers reflected some of our thoughts in this unique and amazing Pokémon world, when the Daycare man says "We have no idea how it got there", that's exactly how we feel! *laughs* We have no idea how the eggs got there either! *continued laughter*"

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 3

Pokemon is a lot darker than they will admit. They trip themselves up far too much regarding things like this. Pokemon is probably nothing like it was imagined to evolve into.

Actually, Pokemon was envisioned as much darker and more violent in the beginning.  Check out the first "season" of Pokemon Adventures; it's violent and pretty mature, to which the creator responded that it was exactly what he thought when he thought of how Pokemon should be.

• Thumbs Up 7

Exactly what I was thinking about. A big part of me wishes it was like that.

I'd keep the games the way they are, but a show directed at the older fans, possibly based on the manga, would be fucking music to my ears.

A show...that's actually about powerful Pokemon and strategy...instead of just "RULE OF CUTE WIIIIIIIIIINS"...

-sexual shiver-

• Thumbs Up 5

"Well you see, we developers reflected some of our thoughts in this unique and amazing Pokémon world, when the Daycare man says "We have no idea how it got there", that's exactly how we feel! *laughs* We have no idea how the eggs got there either! *continued laughter*"

Maybe the interviewed members are just, like, interns posing as elite Game Freak members on the part of their bosses. They've just got this note with them that says "The world of Pokémon is unique and amazing! :D"

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma
  • Thumbs Up 1