Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

New show, constantly changing audience over the years, etc... It's more for those new to the series than it is for those who've been watching since the 90s.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, I get the point of that, but I don't pay attention to stuff that can be summarised as "your wrong, i'm rite, SO STFU YOU FUCKING DUMSHITS!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Thumbs Up 1

New show, constantly changing audience over the years, etc... It's more for those new to the series than it is for those who've been watching since the 90s.

Well it doesn't help when he goes, "Woah what could this Pokemon be?" to a fucking Charmander

Edited by Username Taken ~ U. Waffle

Well it doesn't help when he goes. "Woah what could this Pokemon be?" to a fucking Charmander

Lol I don't recall him ever doing that.

Anyway I just see it as a necessary evil, it's annoying yes, but I can kind of see why they need to do it.

Honestly, guys.

Clearly Ash has short-term memory loss, and the entire Pokemon anime is a re-enactment of Dory's subplot from Finding Nemo.

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ah, so because the audience is changing for the show they need to constantly dumb Ash down and wipe his memory at the beginning of each season to make him relatable and serve as a good "woah wtf is dat" character. 

That's all fine and swell, but I have a better idea.

Hold on to your seats because this gonna blow your minds, kids.

How about...

How about... 

WHAT IF... 

THEY MADE EACH SEASON ABOUT A NEW CHARACTER AND ACTUALLY HAD SOME FUCKING CONTINUITY FOR ONCE. 

It's not like it hasn't already been done -

1-1.jpgP9781421530611.JPG

503041364.jpg

Jesus fucking christ if the anime was even remotely like Pokemon Adventures that would be such a massive improvement it's not even funny.

Also a cool little bonus to actually having different characters; if Ash showed up in a later season and actually aged and remembered all his shit he'd kick everyone's ass and it'd be awesome. Come Unova he could fight Ethan or something and it'd be fucking boss. 

but nope~

instead we get pikachu losing to a snivy man this show's great~~ <3

• Thumbs Up 8

Also I think this is the first time Ash recognized a legendary he's met in a movie. He didn't recognize Celebi in Zoroark iirc. I mean, I know it wasn't the same Celebi but eh.

Maybe because there is only one Mewtwo, unlike some other  legendaries that live in abundance.

This same Pikachu that took down a Regice and a Latios mind you.

Also the show has a established continuity, Ash's prowess as a Pokemon trainer does not though.

Edited by Soniman

Ah, so because the audience is changing for the show they need to constantly dumb Ash down and wipe his memory at the beginning of each season to make him relatable and serve as a good "woah wtf is dat" character. 

That's all fine and swell, but I have a better idea.

Hold on to your seats because this gonna blow your minds, kids.

How about...

How about... 

WHAT IF... 

THEY MADE EACH SEASON ABOUT A NEW CHARACTER AND ACTUALLY HAD SOME FUCKING CONTINUITY FOR ONCE. 

It's not like it hasn't already been done -

1-1.jpgP9781421530611.JPG

503041364.jpg

Jesus fucking christ if the anime was even remotely like Pokemon Adventures that would be such a massive improvement it's not even funny.

Also a cool little bonus to actually having different characters; if Ash showed up in a later season and actually aged and remembered all his shit he'd kick everyone's ass and it'd be awesome. Come Unova he could fight Ethan or something and it'd be fucking boss. 

but nope~

Yes this is an amazing idea! The animators will have a field day creating  a new character and developing him/her every region only to dump them at the end. It clear is better than having a universal character (Ash) and have most of his stuff developed ( region, goal, and drive) while redeveloping some other character traits for him.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes this is an amazing idea! The animators will have a field day creating  a new character and developing him/her every region only to dump them at the end.

They create new characters every time they run out of gyms and contests to go to. Not that hard to exaggerate a few baby character traits into a 2D character, and that's generally a bit better than Ash has it nowadays.

• Thumbs Up 2

That is why I can't behind that idea. Why bother to get attached to a character you know is going to be un-ceremoniously dumped by the end of the season/region/whatever?

That is why I can't behind that idea. Why bother to get attached to a character you know is going to be un-ceremoniously dumped by the end of the season/region/whatever?

Well, hopefully they would have an actual character arc. Gives a bit more closure.

They create new characters every time they run out of gyms and contests to go to. Not that hard to exaggerate a few baby character traits into a 2D character, and that's generally a bit better than Ash has it nowadays.

And do we ever see this characters again. Their called Characters of the day for a reason. Their throwaways that they won't have to develop again.

And do we ever see this characters again. Their called Characters of the day for a reason. Their throwaways that they won't have to develop again.

Do we honestly need to stay with a character until the end of time, watching them repeat the same interactions with the same sorts of situations ad infinitum? I love Star Wars, for instance, but I wouldn't want Luke's story to go on forever. It's better to have a good thing bow out gracefully when everyone wants more than to hang around until everyone is sick of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, hopefully they would have an actual character arc. Gives a bit more closure.

And that's why unless the writers finally decide that Ash wins a Pokemon League I don't really want him to go anywhere, because after over a decade following this character, id want SOME closure before moving on to a new protagonist. Having him cast out without him accomplishing anything worthwhile beforehand would just lead me a bit hollow inside.

Right, well we do have a Pokemon anime topic that we can discuss this rather than this thread which is for X/Y, so please get back on topic and direct the current discussion elsewhere.

• Thumbs Up 1