Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/65907133So basically Mewtwo saw how Kyurem took its spot as the Pokemon with the highest non-Deoxys Special Attack stat when it fused with Reshiram, said "awww hell no", and decided to take back its crown.

Oh god, if it has an even higher base Sp. Atk than W-Kyurem, then Mewtwo will be the most OP Pokemon in the game once again!

That's fake, guys. I read serebii forums.

Damn it, I really wanted a Nicki Minaj mon on my team.

I'm guessing Kid Two is Mewtwo when it was first created, or perhaps some spawn of Mewtwo that's essentially a mutated Mew.

EDIT: Just saw this: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/7271_290247881109058_468975446_n.png

Fake or no? I think it's fake.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

EDIT: Just saw this: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/7271_290247881109058_468975446_n.png

Fake or no? I think it's fake.

Sigh.

http://serebii.net/index2.shtml See anything about it? No? Then chances are it's fake. Please perform this routine anytime there's a scan, everybody, times are ripe for hoaxes.

But yeah, it's fake. Notice the design doesn't match the Sugimori artwork. That's because it was done before Pokémon SMASH confirmed Newtwo.

Sigh.

http://serebii.net/index2.shtml See anything about it? No? Then chances are it's fake. Please perform this routine anytime there's a scan, everybody, times are ripe for hoaxes.

But yeah, it's fake. Notice the design doesn't match the Sugimori artwork. That's because it was done before Pokémon SMASH confirmed Newtwo.

Are you trying to say that Serebii its always right? They posted some fake scans of the male trainer some time ago. And it wasn't the first time they "confirmed" fake stuff.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 3

CoroCoro is out, and it confirms that the new Mewtwo-like Pokemon is indeed a forme of Mewtwo, and not a new Pokemon. It says that Mewtwo has essentially awakened and become this new shape.

corocoro4132.jpg

It's funny how Mewtwo looks all Mr. Grump in that picture.

Edited by Joshua
  • Thumbs Up 7

CoroCoro is out, and it confirms that the new Mewtwo-like Pokemon is indeed a forme of Mewtwo, and not a new Pokemon. It says that Mewtwo has essentially awakened and become this new shape.

First, Fire Emblem: Awakening, now this!? Next thing you know, this Forme only applies to a number of Mewtwo with the Brand of Arceus.

Edited by Lennox

I hope the new forme has some significant differences besides just giving Mewtwo a new look.

Edited by Son1ctrainer

I'm guessing that this is basically Mewtwo's "true" form, in which it becomes its own Pokemon beyond simply being a flawed clone of Mew.  I'm not sure how that would be reflected in gameplay terms, though - again, besides an original ability.  Presumably they'll optimise it against anything that could've beaten Mewtwo in the past so as to keep it on top of the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's funny how Mewtwo looks all Mr. Grump in that picture.

But it's Mewtwo, he's almost always like that.

But I'm a bit skittish on this forme, I have the feeling that one forme will be rendered nigh-useless by the other or that it's just like Keldeo-R and is purely cosmetic.

I'm guessing that this is basically Mewtwo's "true" form, in which it becomes its own Pokemon beyond simply being a flawed clone of Mew.

You know, that premise makes it sound a thousand times more awesome.

• Thumbs Up 2

I fail to see how Mewtwo can be considered a flawed clone of Mew.

In fact I see quite the polar opposite - he's a PERFECTED clone of Mew.

I feel that he still needs to be a clone of Mew and look like Mew - he's called MewTWO, after all.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

He's a flawed clone of Mew because despite his power he doesn't do what the scientists were hoping for, i.e. the ability to discover the origin of Pokémon or having a Pokémon that can learn every TM or HM.

I kind of assumed this Mewtwo would be an "Awakened forme" due to the movie's title, I'm pretty happy about it because it's much more interesting than a speed forme and it's kinda the only thing that makes bringing him back worth it, "completing" him, in his own eyes at least.

I have no idea about the gameverse considering Mewtwo is still much more of a mystery in that, but in the animeverse I imagine it's achieved because Mewtwo fully understands himself and his power as well as his place in life. As a result, his forme looks sleeker and smaller, much more like Mew, but still different to Mew because Mewtwo is his own thing.

I'M MY OWN PERSON MAN

AN INDIVIDUAL YOU CAN'T STOP ME

So yes this is what happens when Mewtwo leaves puberty and tweendom behind.

So new form means the REAL Mewtwo?

I'd rather have it vice versa.

I'm guessing that this is basically Mewtwo's "true" form, in which it becomes its own Pokemon beyond simply being a flawed clone of Mew.

FLAWED? It was no weaker than Mew and was the second most powerful creature at that time. How is that "flawed"? They wanted to create the most powerful pokemon. They succeeded. I see no flaws.

Both Mewtwos are the "real" Mewtwo, this one is just using his power more efficiently.

FLAWED? It was no weaker than Mew and was the second most powerful creature at that time. How is that "flawed"? They wanted to create the most powerful pokemon. They succeeded. I see no flaws.

Read my post.

The only reason they attempted to clone Mew in the first place was so they could study the origin of Pokémon and how Mew is able to use its abilities. Mewtwo was extremely powerful but he was still a failed experiment.

IIRC that reason of creation only applies for animé Mewtwo.

IIRC that reason of creation only applies for animé Mewtwo.

the "most powerful Pokémon" reason only applies to the anime

In the games there's no record of how successful the experiment was or even what the original intentions were, just that he was the result of continuous experiments on Mew's DNA.

So needless to say, some of those holes will probably be filled in for XY. Unless of course it's just a forme for an anime tie-in and that's that, which is also possible.

Aww, thought it would be a whole new Pokémon. D: I guess a new forme was the most obvious choice.

I wonder why we've been lacking of news lately concerning Pokémon X and Y. By this time with B&W we had loads of new Pokémon revealed and their names and types. Not that I mind them being so quiet about it since seeing new Pokémon is always a surprise, I'm just wondering.

I wonder why we've been lacking of news lately concerning Pokémon X and Y. By this time with B&W we had loads of new Pokémon revealed and their names and types. Not that I mind them being so quiet about it since seeing new Pokémon is always a surprise, I'm just wondering.

I'm guessing it's because they haven't done organized global hype before.. ever. So they want to pace themselves better, probably in a way that's more in line with how Nintendo hype their other franchises, rather than the usual Corocoro hype, something that's entirely focused on the Japanese demographic.

If that's the case, we'll see a lot of hype, including trailers and stuff, a lot closer to release (that's Nintendo's thing in recent years). This might also be the first time a mainseries Pokémon game is featured at a Nintendo E3 conference. Just a hunch.

• Thumbs Up 3

Aww, thought it would be a whole new Pokémon. D: I guess a new forme was the most obvious choice.

I'm just wondering why they won't just reveal the types for Sylveon and the Legendaries already. That'll be more than enough to hold me over till the day of release.

I'm just wondering why they won't just reveal the types for Sylveon and the Legendaries already. That'll be more than enough to hold me over till the day of release.

I'm guessing it's to keep rolling a ball of hype based on speculation and rumour, it's not that they've forgotten to reveal the types, they're purposefully holding them back.

So maybe there's something surprising about the types? Or maybe there isn't and they're just generating cheap hype by making people question the possibility of new types before revealing them all to be Psychic Type unceremoniously.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ahhh, I see what you mean. ^^ So since this game is released worldwide and not first in Japan then the rest of the world, it makes sense they want to keep details closer to release date. And hopefully that does mean we will see something new at E3 this year.

But still, like everyone else I'm dying to see what types the Legendaries are. AND Sylveon, who is still a mystery to me. ><