Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

As long as its usable in tournaments, I don't care. I just wanna rape the competition with Mewtwo and watch everyone cry delicious tears.

'From 4/18 (Thursday), Pokemon movie official site opens to the public with Pokemon movie trailer, Mewtwo and new Pokemon make an entrance! The clues to know this secret are [they] there!?' 

Odd how 'clue' is based off the word 'hand', and appears in none of my references.dry.png

Since it's the movie, 'new Pokemon' probably refers to Genesect, but since Japanese doesn't have singular/ plural distinctions, there may be more than one.

Edited by Thrippa

I'm guessing it's to keep rolling a ball of hype based on speculation and rumour, it's not that they've forgotten to reveal the types, they're purposefully holding them back.

This is it. I forget where but one of the Pokemon social media outlets was rhetorically asking questions like "What could Sylveon's type be?", it's definitely a hype-building procedure.

• Thumbs Up 1

I see you didnt post the other image from the coro coro scan, its not that important, but its still art, so why not?

I dont know why but geez, the more people hate on him, the more I like him. I dunno hes really growing on me, the only thing Id change would be the feet, the hands are OK, anyways, heres the scan: He looks even grumpier xD

Spoiler´d for Size

corocoro4133.jpg

Edited by dabbido
  • Thumbs Up 3

I think the feet are dreadful, but I'll take the rest.  Maybe not the weird crown-head-rim, though, as that doesn't really fit in with the way the rest of its body works; it's sharp and thin where the rest of the forme is bulbous and rounded.  It looks good, but it doesn't look right.  Also, I feel it should still have traces of its original tail in a tail position, but I guess this partly depends on the nature of the forme change - if it regresses back to a foetus and completely rebuilds itself, then that's fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

I see you didnt post the other image from the coro coro scan, its not that important, but its still art, so why not?

Because I posted the picture literally minutes after Serebii updated with the initial image. I did not see the third image until later XD.

Gosh, Awakened Mewtwo does look smaller than normal. I thought it was all perception up to this point, but now, wow.

Are you trying to say that Serebii its always right? They posted some fake scans of the male trainer some time ago. And it wasn't the first time they "confirmed" fake stuff.

No, I'm saying it's ALMOST always right. If it's on Serebii, it may be fake. But if it ISN'T on Serebii, it's damn sure it's fake.

anyone who was still thinking it was a new pokémon deserves a slap

hate it all you want, I don't even care, but stop being so gullible for marketing campaigns

Also, the reason they're witholding hype is likely so they can focus on hyping the new film first.

Since it's the movie, 'new Pokemon' probably refers to Genesect, but since Japanese doesn't have singular/ plural distinctions, there may be more than one.

No, following the campaign 'New Pokémon' is Mewtwo's new forme. Edited by Captain Harlock

Why is it a bad thing that it's a forme and not a new Pokémon?

This way people don't have to see it if they don't want to; but I guess it's impossible to make everyone happy.

• Thumbs Up 2

Because I posted the picture literally minutes after Serebii updated with the initial image. I did not see the third image until later XD.

Gosh, Awakened Mewtwo does look smaller than normal. I thought it was all perception up to this point, but now, wow.

Oh my bad!! when I saw the site they already had that one, so I figured they posted the 3 images at once, XD sorry sorry.

Why is it a bad thing that it's a forme and not a new Pokémon?

This way people don't have to see it if they don't want to; but I guess it's impossible to make everyone happy.

This. I agree completely XD You just cant please everyone

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm guessing it's to keep rolling a ball of hype based on speculation and rumour, it's not that they've forgotten to reveal the types, they're purposefully holding them back.

So maybe there's something surprising about the types? Or maybe there isn't and they're just generating cheap hype by making people question the possibility of new types before revealing them all to be Psychic Type unceremoniously.

The new Mewtwo form will probably be Psychic or Psychic-Something. My guess (due to the fact that the Eeveelutions are the same color as their type) is that Sylveon is a Ghost-type, or something like that :P

The new Mewtwo form will probably be Psychic or Psychic-Something. My guess (due to the fact that the Eeveelutions are the same color as their type) is that Sylveon is a Ghost-type, or something like that tongue.png

Ghost type? Pink? That doesn't really go together, If Sylveon was a Dark purple-ish color and had, well...more defining ghostly traits in it's detail then yes.

The only type that really speaks to me in Sylveon's design, not to mention it's pink-ish color, feminine appearance, the moves it used in the video and also the fact it was revealed on the day before Valentines day is simply Normal, yeah of course I could be wrong through to me it's the only type that makes sense, the only other types I would consider is Steel or Flying.

I maintain it's either Normal or a new type, more likely Normal, and the whole secret is around HOW Eevee evolves to Sylveon.

Yeah, I seriously think Sylveon might be Normal as well, despite how underwhelming that may sound to some. 

Besides, isn't Fighting considered to be the closest you can get to a 'Light' type with it's advantage over Dark?

Yes, because Dark is actually "Evil". So the Fight type counters it, as it's clean fighting versus evil fighting.

Yeah, I seriously think Sylveon might be Normal as well, despite how underwhelming that may sound to some. 

Besides, isn't Fighting considered to be the closest you can get to a 'Light' type with it's advantage over Dark?

Between fighting, psychic, dark and ghost, I think we've got a pretty cool selection of what amounts to light and dark types. I think Sylveon will turn out to be normal, or fighting or flying at a bit of a stretch.

I think people over-estimate the likeliness of a hypothetical new type necessarily being "Light". How about Magic or Fairy type? They seem more interesting, there's a lot that could be applied to types like that.

I'm not saying I think there will be a new type, but if there is I don't see why it has to be Light when there are so many possibilities which fill more interesting "Pokémon-like" roles.

I really don't like the idea of a fairy type. Magic too just seems like something psychic and dark already cover. Then again, back in the days of Gen 2 I'm sure I would have said the same about ghost already covering dark. And heck, we've had ground and rock since day 1.

Considering the outrageous amount of Normal Types and how they aren't actually the most fun to use, I wouldn't be against a lot of Normal Types getting an additional Magic or Fairy type as well, might make Pokémon like Clefairy a lot more fun to use.

But this is just speculation, I could see Sylveon being either of those types especially because of the card attack you see it using.

I'm really rooting for Fairy-type as well.  I'm fond of how that would modify a lot of rather boringly-typed Pokemon and make them new again.  Although my favoured idea for a new type in the past was always Sound-type, on much the same logic but for Normal-type moves rather than Pokemon.  But regardless of original ideas, let's just say I will be astonished if Sylveon is anything other than Normal or a new type.  It could still be shiny Normal, too, but if it's Normal I suspect the joke will be that what is in many ways Eevee's "true" evolution is a secret and special one that looks so remarkable.  Come to think of it, wouldn't this tie in with Mewtwo's new "awakened" forme, and the whole idea of genetics playing a bigger role in X/Y?

• Thumbs Up 1

Other than it's type, we may also consider how an Eevee can evolve into one.

It could be that only a female can evolve into a Sylveon being how it's the most girly of all the Eevee evolutions, through problem with that is that Female Eevee's are a pain in the rear to come by in the first place (seriously, WTF Gamefreak with your stupid gender ratio's on some of these pokemon?)

Also theirs the whole ribbon theme with it too. It may be female Eevee + Magical ribbon thingly = Sylveon similar to Female Snorunt + Dusk Stone = Frolass, or it may be something else.

Shoot the Anime show might focus on this too, theirs a chance that the character Virgil with his Team Eevee may appear towards the end of the Unova adventure. I will also mention that his Eevee is female.

What I do hope however is that the evolution doesn't require some stupid timed event.

He looks even worse how is that possible. everything looks like shit to me today

Looks fine to me. New forme has grown on me. 

This reminds me of something. 

*alcoholism*

<3 you really, Blue Blood.

You know, I actually had the exact same thing on my mind. 

At least in this footage he's got square toes instead of round ones. Still doesn't look like he'll want to be walking at all though.

Watching him get smaller and less intimidating when it is supposed for him to be more powerful its weird as fuck. At least Giratina and Deoxys looked stronger and more menacing.

I will never get used to this thing, it was just plain unnecessary.

• Thumbs Up 1