Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

I'm definitely getting Y.

Hopefully we'll see more details in the next few weeks on all the other Pokemon announced.

I'll have to learn about more pokemon and which are in which game before I buy I think. Though going off the legendaries alone, I think I slightly like the bird thing more than the deer with sword feet (though that's awesome too).

As for anything else, it seems like every generation, 2 of the starters end up bipedal at the end of their evolutions. Pretty sure the grass dude will stay that way, but as much as I kinda want the fox to go bipedal, I think the frog might (and probably in the marshtomp/samurott kinda way where it's a little of both). Just my fair guesses anyways

• Thumbs Up 3

I'll have to discuss with my brother which version I'm getting, but wow, I don't know if I've been hyped this much for a new Pokémon gen in ages! So soon too! SCREAMS..

goes up to Masuda's ear with a scary ninja mask on

whispers in his ear

"360 degree movement next time please"

turns into a log and disappears

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder who the trainer depicted on that statue with the Golurk and the Palpitoad is.

I'd love me some more Pokemon mythology. <3

I hate speculating these things but I kinda think the frog might end up part flying type, it looks like a cloud around its neck to me.

Oh, I see what they've done btw... The models are sort of cel shaded to make the Pokemon look as much like the official artwork as possible!

October can't come soon enough.....

I'll probably get X, and so far there is a very good chance I'll pick Fennekin as my starter. Fire foxes, yay. <3

I love the frog so much, I usually aren't keen on the newer starters, but that frog... ^^ i hope the little white circles on his nose become a tash, that would be hilariously cool.

and water flying type? but the looks of the trailer, each of the starters used 2 types of moves, looked like the fennec fox one used a psychic type on kirlia, meaning possibly a fire/psychic type at the end of its evolution? and the frog looked like it was using some type of slashing/fighting move. so maybe water/fighting? no idea on the grass thing though, but i dont really like the look of that one anyway XD

oh and DUNSPARCE PLEASE EVOLVE (also pincir)ok I'm done.

Edited by Naysu

Earlier I saw a screenshot of a battle and I was like "is that new official art" BUT NO IT WAS A SCREENSHOT.

The graphics are a bit meh but I think they'll look great on our 3DS screens!

Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting could be plausible typings for the three starters final evos. Gives each one a type to prey on against the type they were originally weak against, and brings in the Fighting/Psychic/Dark "triangle" people have wanted at the same time.

If there is a third version this time around, Pokemon Z would actually make sense. There's an apparent genetics theme going on with X and Y, and Z could stand for Zygote, the result of two gametes combining together.

Or maybe I'm overthinking that.

• Thumbs Up 3

Going with Y version assuming that's the one where we get the flying legendary. So sick of Deer Pokémon at this point and I was never a fan of 'em.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fighting/Rock/Flying also works as a triangle btw. I mean Fro-cloud the Frog, chop chops the Oshawott recolor, and the fox rocks my socks off. Legit and confirmed.

• Thumbs Up 6

Any word on what 3DS features (aside from 3D) it'll be using? I'm not big into Pokemon, but I always like a game that really uses what the handheld has to offer (like Super Mario 3D Land).

Any word on what 3DS features (aside from 3D) it'll be using? I'm not big into Pokemon, but I always like a game that really uses what the handheld has to offer (like Super Mario 3D Land).

Nothing yet, it seems like they were rather eager to announce this with the big news being it's a worldwide release.

Some are talking about whether or not it'll have an eight-way grid instead of four. I'm not seeing that in the trailer personally.

Inb4 Fennekin goes on hind legs and becomes Fire/Fighting.

But yeah, I'm not seeing the 8-way grid either.

• Thumbs Up 1

Everyone's saying Fennekin will be fire/psychic, surely it's more likely to become fire/ ground? Like an actual Fennec Fox... Can't believe I'm applying logic to a Pokemon game but, still...

So this is what came out of it huh?

You know what? Im happy, this just means that the Gen 3 remakes will look twice as fantastic when they finally get to that down the line.

Also apparently everyone knows what the starters look like, does anyone have any pictures or anything?

Nevermind, I see them. I also the Grass Starter sure looks a awful lot like Dewwot don't you think?

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 1

Urghhh and people saying the grass starter will be part Dark?? It looks like the least evil starter Pokemon ever.

Why is this even annoying me??