Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

I've also heard this guy works for a Spanish Pokemon publication (the official Pokemon magazine in Europe to be precise) so that may give him even more credibility.

If this is true, I wonder what the "Fairy"-type Pokemon will be strong or weak against.

Well drawing from my vast knowledge of the Fairy, I'd presume it would likely have a dis/advantage against Dark Types (or maybe both), it might be effective against Ghost Types, and I'm still deciding if it should have a weakness to Fighting Types or not.

If this is true then I can't believe I called it? I doubt it's true but that'd be nuts. It was just an idea GameFreak I wasn't srs.

No. Weezing its fine just how it is.

How about a Pokémon that works in factories a la Machop that as some small chimneys on its body producing CO.

If there are some old Pokémon that get an evolution I hope they are:

- Sabley (still Ghost/Dark)

- Mawile (Stell/Fighting?)

- Carnivine (Grass/Poison)

- Girafarig (Dark/Psychic)

- Maractus (Grass/Ground?)

- Druddigon (Rock/Dragon)

Sableye doesn't really need an evolution now thanks to the fact that it got Prankster for its Dream World ability.  Prankster along with its typing and movepool make it a solid Pokemon despite rubbish base stats.  It's overall a pretty unique Pokemon that imo could stay as it is.

Can Pokemon gain a new type for different formes? Lol, imagine if the Fairy-type did turn out to be real, and that the new Mewtwo was part Fairy himself. He is pretty small and floaty. =P

Edited by Pawn

Can Pokemon gain a new type for different formes?

Rotom did (in Gen V), as did Shaymin and Meloetta.

Can Pokemon gain a new type for different formes? Lol, imagine if the Fairy-type did turn out to be real, and that the new Mewtwo was part Fairy himself. He is pretty small and floaty. =P

Yes, they can. Meloetta's forme is Normal/Fighting instead of Normal/Psychic and Shaymin is part flying among others

What the fuck? This guy just comes off as screaming cussing angry fanboy #9927383947739. Very hard to take seriously.

In addition to that, I'm pretty sure that what he's ranting about isn't even accurate.  I mean, I don't really pay much attention to the anime, but for what I have seen and remember, I can think of at least two problems with his point.

1]  As far as I recall, completing the Pokedex was never actually a part of the anime.  The anime has always treated the Pokedex as an already complete information tool to help inform the characters about what they're dealing with.

2]  Regardless of whether I'm right about the first point, I know I'm right about the fact that there's no reason to force Ash to be the one person who can scan pokemon.  I distinctly remember both May and Dawn scanning old pokemon because they, logically, wouldn't have had any clue about them while Ash did.

I don't see anything wrong with him wanting a reminder, or even just being curious about that region's Pokedex entry (since they're usually different), for a Pokemon he's seen before. How is this an issue, again?

I'd rather wait for Serebii or Nintendo themselves to confirm what type Sylveon is than going by some random blabbermouth on the internet.

That and they really should fire that guy for leaking and/or spreading possible false rumors too.

Edited by Dantemustdie00
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'd rather wait for Serebii or Nintendo themselves to confirm what type Sylveon is than going by some random blabbermouth on the internet.

That and they really should fire that guy for leaking and/or spreading possible false rumors too.

I'm not saying that we should believe in him, but well, he leaked all of the Unova Pokemon some years ago.

If there were to be a Fairy type, it would need to be weak to Steel, as that's the closest thing to Cold Iron.  I'll believe it when it's confirmed, but it's interesting to speculate on.

Edited by Thrippa

I'll be in the "Believe It Until Nintendo/TPC/Game Freak Confirms It" camp in regards to this 'Fairy-type'...

And Xerneas, with how its design and what not so far, 'Fairy-type'?

shenanigans.jpg

In addition to that, I'm pretty sure that what he's ranting about isn't even accurate.  I mean, I don't really pay much attention to the anime, but for what I have seen and remember, I can think of at least two problems with his point.

1]  As far as I recall, completing the Pokedex was never actually a part of the anime.  The anime has always treated the Pokedex as an already complete information tool to help inform the characters about what they're dealing with.

2]  Regardless of whether I'm right about the first point, I know I'm right about the fact that there's no reason to force Ash to be the one person who can scan pokemon.  I distinctly remember both May and Dawn scanning old pokemon because they, logically, wouldn't have had any clue about them while Ash did.

This was relevant to the original saga. When Gary and Ash made it back to Oaks lab, Oak scanned both their pokedexes. While Ash had scanned many pokemon Gary had captured many more.

edit: sorry this comment was created before the keep the anime discussion out.

Edited by Shy Guy

If the Fairy-type comes true... yes, I'd have no objection to that.  And not just because I called it, but because I want to see a game-changer.  Of course, the very fact that the idea has been proposed by multiple people just goes to show that it is possible for it to be a creative hoax.

Although as for Xerneas being one... that would require broader definition of "fairy" to encompass any kind of magical non-ghost spirit.  I could buy Xerneas as a woodland spirit, but a fairy?  Hmm.  Well, stranger things have happened.

I actually think Mew, and therefore Mewtwo, might be a good candidate for a Pokemon to be reinvented as Fairy-type, along with quite a few other Psychic-type legendaries - all the little pixie ones.  That would certainly shake things up.

If the Fairy-type comes true... yes, I'd have no objection to that.  And not just because I called it, but because I want to see a game-changer.  Of course, the very fact that the idea has been proposed by multiple people just goes to show that it is possible for it to be a creative hoax.

Although as for Xerneas being one... that would require broader definition of "fairy" to encompass any kind of magical non-ghost spirit.  I could buy Xerneas as a woodland spirit, but a fairy?  Hmm.  Well, stranger things have happened.

Yeah I think that the fact people have suggested it before makes it a little less believable, GameFreak rarely ever do things that fans think up tongue.png

As for Xerneas I think you're probably right there, in that Fairy Type would not only appear to fairy-like Pokémon, but also the more traditional Faerie which encompasses different kinds of spirits. I still can't help but liken him to the spirits from Princess Mononoke!

I actually think Mew, and therefore Mewtwo, might be a good candidate for a Pokemon to be reinvented as Fairy-type, along with quite a few other Psychic-type legendaries - all the little pixie ones.  That would certainly shake things up.

I hadn't thought of that but it certainly makes sense if Mew becomes part Fairy-Type, maybe in transforming, Mewtwo would also gain that Type.

Geez all this speculation is making me wish the Type was real, but even if the rumour has a chance of being real I'm still with "fake until proven true"! I can't see GameFreak adding a new Type to the series, is all..

I wasn't too keen on the idea of a new type when Sylveon was announced and the speculation really started, but over time the idea's grown on me a lot. I just hope that, if this turns out to be a thing, Game Freak won't be afraid to go all-out with giving classic Pokemon the new type. Not just obvious candidates like Clefairy, Jirachi and the lake trio, but maybe some less explicitly fairy-ish ones like Jynx, Togepi, Dunsparce, Bellossom, Misdreavus, Volbeat and Illumise, Chimecho, Banette, Lumineon...

maybe that'd be enough to keep me from constantly forgetting that Lumineon exists~

Game Freak seems to be completely terrified of retconning anything, though (see: incenses for breeding, some of the goofier methods of evolution, sterile Nidoqueens), so I'm not expecting a great deal of that if this happens. Just a little would be nice, though.

Edited by Octarine
  • Thumbs Up 1

Remind me, why are Nidorina and Nindoqueen infertile anyway? Was there even a reason for it back in the days of GSC?

Nidoqueen's (and I think some of Nidorina's, even?) dex entries are all about it being a super awesome territorial mother, so it makes the most sense to me that the no-eggs thing was just a glitch that Game Freak decided to roll with for some reason. I don't think anyone really knows, though.

I'm like 99% sure it's a glitch, there were many other glitchy aspects of Gens1 and 2 that have bizarrely remained constant throughout the series, most likely due to total oversight.

I've been hoping for a while now that, when the GBA-based engine finally stopped, the games' mechanics would get a full comb-over and be re-tweaked and checked for errors, maybe even stuff like fixing Gyarados' Typing? I dunno.

Adding new Types to a bunch of old Pokémon is the perfect excuse to fix everything up.

What's wrong with Gyarados's typing? Although it is better suited to being Water/ Dragon, I think Gen 1 just wanted the Dragonite family as an exclusive set of Dragon type Pokémon.

As much as I want a bunch of things fixed and retconned won't doing away with the Advance engine mean doing away with the ability to transfer Pokèmon from previous generations? Because I don't think I'm strong enough to deal with that ;(

I wouldn't mind seeing Gyarados changed to water/dragon, but the water/flying thing is kind of charming in its own way. I sort of like the idea that types aren't the be-all end-all of Pokemon classification; like, you don't need to be a dragon-type to be dragon-like (Gyarados), and you don't need to be a literal dragon to be a dragon-type (Altaria).

...though I guess they could just make Altaria a fairy-type or something.

• Thumbs Up 3