Awoo.

Pokemon X & Y (October 2013 on 3DS) - [Now out! Go out and play it already]

Pelly <3's U

This same Pikachu that took down a Regice and a Latios mind you.

Also the show has a established continuity, Ash's prowess as a Pokemon trainer does not though.

That just makes it even more insulting.

That is why I can't behind that idea. Why bother to get attached to a character you know is going to be un-ceremoniously dumped by the end of the season/region/whatever?

Because the entire Yellow arc revolved around Red's disappearance.

Because Yellow was trained by Blue before the raid on Team Rocket's headquarters.

Because Green was secretly working together with Silver during the Gold arc (I didn't read far enough to know why).

Christ, guys. The characters don't just disappear when their story is told, and it gives the characters themselves more potential for growth and development. 

There are currently five regions in the anime's continuity. The anime first aired in 1997. Sixteen years ago. Sixteen divided by five is a little over three. That's three years of weekly episodes following a single character; is that really not enough? Hell, Kanto and Johto are lumped into Series 1 anyway, so why let Ash win that final tournament at the end of Series 1 and then move on to a new character for Advanced Generation?

I'm just baffled as to how one could refuse multiple good, developed characters all with their own motivations and traits in favor of a single one who refuses to develop or learn anything over the course of sixteen god damn years.

• Thumbs Up 7

Do we honestly need to stay with a character until the end of time, watching them repeat the same interactions with the same sorts of situations ad infinitum? I love Star Wars, for instance, but I wouldn't want Luke's story to go on forever. It's better to have a good thing bow out gracefully when everyone wants more than to hang around until everyone is sick of it.

It kind of goes back around again. For us that still watch the show yes. but what about the kids that started to watch in Unova. Lets say a new character was to be developed for next season, the kids from the last season will think "Hey Ash never accomplished anything and he's gone".

so how about that X&Y eh guys

No news as usual.

Well, today PokeSmash airs. Any of you will see it? There won't be anything new in it.

Well, today PokeSmash airs. Any of you will see it? There won't be anything new in it.

So, what would be the point of watching it, then? tongue.png

I hope Zangoose and Seviper evolve.  I was thinking Normal/Fighting for Zangoose and Poison/Steel for Seviper.

Also, an Arbok evolution that was Poison/Dragon would be fuckin' awesome.

While we're dreaming, how about an Ice/Dragon evo for Lapras?

• Thumbs Up 6

A Poison/Dragon would be absolutely incredible.  You know what would be crazy though?  Ghost/Steel.  3 immunities, 7 resistances (one of which is quad resist), resistance to Stealth Rock and only 2 weaknesses (and if you give that Pokemon Levitate which almost all Ghost types have, you'd have 4 immunities and 1 weakness as well as immunities from both Spikes and Toxic Spikes).  That's what I call ultimate defensive typing.

• Thumbs Up 5

A Poison/Dragon would be absolutely incredible.  You know what would be crazy though?  Ghost/Steel.  3 immunities, 7 resistances (one of which is quad resist), resistance to Stealth Rock and only 2 weaknesses (and if you give that Pokemon Levitate which almost all Ghost types have, you'd have 4 immunities and 1 weakness as well as immunities from both Spikes and Toxic Spikes).  That's what I call ultimate defensive typing.

I'm already frustrated as hell, just from reading the idea!

It's FUCKING BRILLIANT!

Edited by 100% Uncut Wario
  • Thumbs Up 1

..That's beautiful. You sir, are a Pokegenius.

I've always had an idea for the Absolute Zero Pokémon (species name), that would be Ice/Steel, and would have the ability Absolute Zero, which would make it completely immune to all temperature-based attacks.

I'm still waiting for a Normal/Ghost type. Immune to Fighting due to the Ghost typing, immune to Ghost due to the Normal type, and only weak to Dark. Plus it'd probably be cool in design and stuff. :V

• Thumbs Up 1

I just want better poison Pokemon. The ones we have right now are underpowered compared to other typings bar a number of exceptions that can be counted on one hand. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I just want better poison Pokemon. The ones we have right now are underpowered compared to other typings bar a number of exceptions that can be counted on one hand. 

If anything, a Fire/Poison Pokémon would be awesome. XD Something that reflects CO (carbon monoxide) and the burning of fossil fuels.

• Thumbs Up 1

If anything, a Fire/Poison Pokémon would be awesome. XD Something that reflects CO (carbon monoxide) and the burning of fossil fuels.

Weezing evo? Hmmm....

And then Fox News will find out about it and denounce the game as Liberal Propoganda.

• Thumbs Up 3

Weezing evo? Hmmm....

No. Weezing its fine just how it is.

How about a Pokémon that works in factories a la Machop that as some small chimneys on its body producing CO.

If there are some old Pokémon that get an evolution I hope they are:

- Sabley (still Ghost/Dark)

- Mawile (Stell/Fighting?)

- Carnivine (Grass/Poison)

- Girafarig (Dark/Psychic)

- Maractus (Grass/Ground?)

- Druddigon (Rock/Dragon)

I would be absolutely down with that. Surskit is one of my favourite non-reptilian Pokemon ever, and seeing it able to make use of its exclusive typing in a proper battling environment would be awesome for it.

Wow, and I thought it was horrifying when they cosplayed as the Genesect Army...

Seriously guys, this show is great, especially if you watch it on a stream with more people to do some riffing.

pokemonsquidink2.png

• Thumbs Up 8

The guy that leaked all the Unova Pokédex is now saying that in X/Y there will be a new type: Fairy-Type.

According to him Sylveon, Xerneas and Clefairy are Fairy-Types.

I don't buy it. At all. Besides, didn't he previously say Sylveon was going to be a Flying type? And Xerneas doesn't look particularly "fairy" to me.

The guy that leaked all the Unova Pokédex is now saying that in X/Y there will be a new type: Fairy-Type.

According to him Sylveon, Xerneas and Clefairy are Fairy-Types.

If this is true, I wonder what the "Fairy"-type Pokemon will be strong or weak against.

Edited by Son1ctrainer