Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

I completely finished everything Kirby Super Star Ultra (again, I completed it 100% in emulator too), everything.

Emulator? I want to do playthroughs of DS games on YouTube and I don't want to hold my DS up to my tripod, so which emulator should I use? And do they play games at full speed now? Thanks.

Well, my exams have finally finished, so I have plenty of time to play games and sleep later into the day. :) Here's what I've been doing today:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2)-Flew to Los Santos in a P-51 Mustang lookalike (AKA the Rustler) and then proceeded to mess about in rival gang's neighbourhoods, trying to take them over....I managed three of them, unfortunately, the cops were all over me all the time while I was doing it...bastards. :P

Sonic Unleashed (PS2)-I had a much better time in this game, though...I managed to get A ranks on all of Shamar's night stages, even with getting all the special items in each zone too, and unlocked Abadat...Now I have to try and tackle the whirlpools on the coast in the second night stage of said unlocked continent....

Ship Simulator 2008 (PC)-Yeah, go ahead, mock me for it. I can't help myself, some of the vessels in this game are too cool...Plus, it's the only game I have installed on this PC. I recall someone talking about 'messing about with missions' in Train Simulator, I did the same in my run today...I've found a mission where you must take two huge ocean-going tugs and pull an oil rig out of its moorings to an area, where it'll then be taken to Norway...Of course, I didn't cut corners the first time I did this mission, so I did it this time to shorten my time...I just drove both ships up there one after the other, set tow ropes onto the oil rig from them and then disconnected one of the tugs and sailed it to the checkpoint....:P The game doesn't check if you're towing the oil-rig when you pass the checkpoint, and there's no checkpoint to disconnect and leave the oil rig in, so, eh, you can just cut the entire mission short. :)

Top Gun (NES Emulator)-Yeah, thanks, Angry Video Game Nerd, you gave me the urge to play this game...Like giving me a sack full of crap. <laughs> Okay, it's not quite as bad as he said, I at least managed to make it to stage three after dying on the first level (Blasted aircraft carrier landings)... Unfortunately, I always get fragged by missiles before I reach my target on the last two levels. :lol:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2)-Flew to Los Santos in a P-51 Mustang lookalike (AKA the Rustler) and then proceeded to mess about in rival gang's neighbourhoods, trying to take them over....I managed three of them, unfortunately, the cops were all over me all the time while I was doing it...bastards. :P

Something I found really fun was to fly around in the Rustler with a 4 star wanted level.

Emulator? I want to do playthroughs of DS games on YouTube and I don't want to hold my DS up to my tripod, so which emulator should I use? And do they play games at full speed now? Thanks.

no$gba. It's still not perfect because some games still don't play at full speed or even at all, but Kirby works fine on it since it's sprite-based. I had problems with the sound though, so I had to set the in-game sound settings to mono.

I realize just how miraculously easier it is to finish this game on the real hardware than it is with the keyboard. It took me so many tries to finish The True Arena and Helper to Hero when I played the game on no$gba. With my bought copy, I only died on The True Arena once, and I hardly died in Helper to Hero at all. So I managed to 100% the game in a matter of three days - hmm.

Finished SRA this morning. Unlike with KSSU, I can't really be bothered finishing this game 100% (all S ranks and missions completed, I'm not a fan of getting all A/S ranks), so I'm going to move onto Chrono Trigger in the meantime.

I can't believe I put off trying n+ on 360 Arcade for so long. Man what a fun game. I lost almost a whole day to the level editor.

I kept not bothering thinking it'd be gimmicky or something, but it's just pure platforming. Awesome.

Just finished up Starfy. Game was a lot of fun.

Still playing Galaxy, and I think I might play Super Mario 64 DS for old time's sake. Last time I replayed 64 it was the original version.

Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land for the GBA. Fun game, though I'm still trying to get the hang of things.

Okay, I beat Phoenix Wright.

I can go on and on about all the things I love about this game: the music is intense, the characters are wonderful, the story is immersive, and some of the puzzles can be rather brain-wracking (though I had to resort to GameFAQs only a couple of times when I was desperately stuck). The game really gives me the urge to just blurt out OBJECTION! or HOLD IT! in a debate.

I also want to emphasize just how incredible the localization of this game is. The Japanese names are completely dwarfed by the English ones - names like Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth are incredibly badass.

And now I'm playing Justice For All, which has really annoying music. Also, isn't Trucy Wright just the most adorable thing ever? ♥

Ace Attorney was so fucking awesome. Vritually every single case in that game without wendy oldbag is so incredibly intensely awesome oh god i want to play it again.

Wish they'd hurry up and localise the Edgeworth game

Okami. Just, Okami now, finally, <333.

I beat it about a summer ago, but never started the second play through, that's what I'm doing now. I'm really REALLY getting into this title again, and I want everything Okami now, XD. Too bad I seriously doubt there will ever be a second game, which is sad since I think this could have been the birth of an amazing series with more celestial brush powers and other drawing things. So in that sad belief, I'm working on 100%ing the game right now. Which will take me awhile (yay!) since getting all the alternate costumes and every stray bead will be hard, especially if I don't look up anything, =3. I'm going to get that Okami Completed Works art book too sometime soon from Barnes and Noble online, 8D.

I've set all my other games aside and I'm not thinking about them until my Okami fever is over, =3. This is honestly my favorite game of all time, and anyone with a Wii or PS2 should honestly pick it up, <3.

Oh, and I was at Gamespot yesterday Jake looking at all the DS games, but I couldn't remember which game I was going to pick up. Now your love of Phoenix Wright has reminded me, XD.

-Blur

I actually found Phoenix Wright in a game store yesterday, brand new (I've been playing the games on emulator). I've been looking for it for quite a while; naturally, I bought it on impulse. Only $23.

I was going to get Pokémon Platinum though. I feel like I've been spending too much money, so I'm going to wait a while before picking up another title. Besides, I still have Chrono Trigger to finish!

Okami. Just, Okami now, finally, <333.

I beat it about a summer ago, but never started the second play through, that's what I'm doing now. I'm really REALLY getting into this title again, and I want everything Okami now, XD. Too bad I seriously doubt there will ever be a second game, which is sad since I think this could have been the birth of an amazing series with more celestial brush powers and other drawing things. So in that sad belief, I'm working on 100%ing the game right now. Which will take me awhile (yay!) since getting all the alternate costumes and every stray bead will be hard, especially if I don't look up anything, =3. I'm going to get that Okami Completed Works art book too sometime soon from Barnes and Noble online, 8D.

I've set all my other games aside and I'm not thinking about them until my Okami fever is over, =3. This is honestly my favorite game of all time, and anyone with a Wii or PS2 should honestly pick it up, <3.

Oh, and I was at Gamespot yesterday Jake looking at all the DS games, but I couldn't remember which game I was going to pick up. Now your love of Phoenix Wright has reminded me, XD.

-Blur

Oops !! I pushed your post to the end of the last page, sorry~

I have yet to beat Okami, but it's quite a game. Very fun, and it even led me to think about how a Sonic game would work in this style. The soundtrack is also one of the most incredible things ever. At the time I was playing though I had controller problems, though I recently bought a new PS2 controller, and it hasn't acted up since. Hmm.

I feel like I've been spending too much money, so I'm going to wait a while before picking up another title.

You keep reminding me of things, XP.

The thing is, I did my Tax Return wrong a few months ago cause I'm dumb (could have sworn I did it correct, XD), but either way I'm getting a handsome 300 some dollars back, so I'm thinking about buying a PS3 along with some other moneyies I have, <3. Thing is, I really don't know all too many game I should get for it yet, but I'll worry about that later. Like you've reminded me, I'm going to hold off a bit on getting it because I've been spending too much recently too, D=.

-Blur

I'm having fun in the demo-lands these days.

Good God I never get tired of cleaning Hatton's clock in the Fight Night Rd 4 demo. Even though it has become ridiculously easy to break down his defenses (I played it way to much for a demo), I still am getting a kick out of turning the dudes face into putty. The combat system has come a long way from Knockout Kings, which is the last boxer I had owned. Even though I despise most of EA's efforts, I might actually buy this.

((I dislike EA because they brought out the NFL license btw 2K > Madden))

The Red Fraction game demo is also amusing. I love that I can ambush some troopers by coming through the wall with my hammer. Not just a wall, but ANY wall. The destruction capabilities in that game are ridiculous. Its not quite as satisfying as it should be, but driving a Mars rover through a supply depot never gets old. That Hammer is by far an addition to my personal list of my favorite weapons.

Guess who just got Pokemon Platinum? ;P

Yes, just purchased it today, so it'll be a while before I'm up to battle. Gimme some time, then I'll be ready and willing to take you guys on. In the meantime, after an hour of playing I have Chimchar, Starly and Shinx at level 8.

Also, I've got out my SNES at the moment and I've been playing a mix of Mario's Picross through my Super Game Boy and Super Mario World.

Plus, I just bought a Game Boy Advance SP on eBay, so when that comes I'll be able to play Crystal with a backlight. Huzzah! =D

And now I'm playing Justice For All, which has really annoying music.

Disappointment to commence in 3...2...1...

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (NES ROM) - This game is probably the reason I might get Punch-Out!! for Wii. I just love how you can't KO somebody on first encounter without being KO'd yourself first, and the stereotypes are hilarious. Right now I'm up against Soda Pop, and I would really appreciate it if FCEU GX Wii WOULD STOP FUCKING CRASHING EVERYTIME I HAVE TO GO TO THE MENU. GODDAMN. FUCK.

MapleStory (PC) - I HAVE DECIDED TO ANNOUNCE MY R-R-R-R-R-R-ETIREMENT. Yeah, as soon as I get my Cleric up to level 50, I'm calling it quits. Right now I'm at level 49 with 76.43%

Trickster Online (PC) - ^A challenger appears. Haven't played much since I dl'd it though.

DAMMIT DADDY, JUST BUY ME PLATINUM ALREADY

What, no like JFA? I hear cases 2 and 4 were pretty excellent.

Case 3 is just hell. left me feeling bitter with the entire game

What, no like JFA? I hear cases 2 and 4 were pretty excellent.

Case 4 is amamamamamaaaazing. That case alone is what makes it so close to T&T. All of T&T's cases are generally much better than JFA's, but JFA's final case is probably more exciting than T&Ts, whereas T&T's last case is... climactic.

I do have a very hard time deciding which AA games I like most :(

From the general consensus, it sounds to me like the first Ace Attorney is the best of the lot. All of the cases in it were really excellent; even the introductory one was a good way to kick off the story.

Didn't really care much for Ema, though. I missed Maya.

A quick rundown, hopefully without spoilers:

Case 1 is fantastic. It was presented in a slick way, and the conclusion was quite satisfying and clever. Not as good as in Trials and Tribulations, but at least as good as the one in Apollo Justice.

Case 2 is honestly a pretty good one, one that has a huge impact on the series at large because of the characters involved (remember everything that happens in that case. It all becomes important in Trials and Tribulations), but the the pacing of the case is horrible; in that you know exactly what happened long before you ever are able to actually do anything about it. Some might argue that this is a problem with the series as a whole, but you can literally figure nearly everything out by the end of the first day in court; to the extent of who did it, how they did it and most of how they got away with it up until then. Than you have to trudge through 2 more days of investigations, most of which seems like mere filler, before you can finally move onto case 3. Not helping is that some of the way the case is presented is quite confusing due to localization issues, which comes to a head on the final day regarding a specific testimony that will screw you up.

Case 3 is horrible. Just flat out bad. You spend the entire thing talking to annoying assholes (a clown with terrible jokes, a ventriloquist who refuses to speak without his dummy, etc.), one of them being your client, and the whole thing is just too grating to enjoy. Everyone in that case seems to be made up specifically to run you around in circles, despite the grave implications of the whole thing; and you have to go through Final Fantasy-like side quests to get one of the witnesses to even talk to you. The ending proper is quite emotional and well done, but that is 10 minutes tops out a couple hour ordeal. Other than those final minutes, the case has practically no redeeming value.

Compounding these problems is less problematic localization issues littered throughout the game, mostly regarding spelling mistakes and the whatnot. The music, as you have already noticed, isn't really up to snuff with the rest of the series either.

Case 4, however? Win. In a pure, distilled form. Its no Rise from the Ashes or Bridge to the Turnabout (not quite as epic or emotional), but it isn't far off. It manages to drag the rest of the game up by itself, because its worth playing through case 3 just to play case 4. Fantastic through and through, but stay the hell away from any FAQs. That is a series of events that must be viewed firsthand.

Edited by Tornado

Didn't really care much for Ema, though. I missed Maya.

Well that case was the first original case made since the GBA originals, so it did feel a bit different to the rest of the game.

As for consensus... the people I know all thought T&T was the best one.

EDIT: Case 3 was a bit filler-y. Case 3 on T&T was far more fun.

Edited by SuperLink

Currently playing Cave Story. Absolutely excellent game, and it's free for download!

http://www.cavestory.org/

Download it there if you want a fun side scrolling platformer/shooter with plenty of replay value and great graphics and music.

Edited by Solid SOAP

Ohhhhh.

My friend who got me into the series had similar complaints about JFA, and she seemed to bitch about it a lot up until she reached case 4. I can't say all these points are putting forth much optimism I have for it, but I did vow to get through every single game in the series, and case 4 sounds like it's worth it anyway.

and case 4 sounds like it's worth it anyway.

It is, no doubt.

Like yourself, I also doubted JFA up until I played that case.