Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Eww...Undercover? I really wish that I hadn't decided to buy that game brand new. Alas though, I was suckered in by the promise of those epic police chases I loved so much from Most Wanted. Problem is...the cops just aren't as aggressive as they used to be. It's way too easy to keep from getting caught...but it's much too hard to escape from them anyway. Pursuits go on longer than you want them to, really. Typically, the only reason you fail a pursuit-related mission is because the game randomly spawns a cop right in front of you before you can get away, after doing whatever the mission was. So it gives the pursuits an annoying luck element that I can't stand. Anyway, after I finished the main story mode I just stopped playing...glad it was over.

Hah, well, I got it as a birthday present along with Sonic Unleashed, so, eh, I didn't really spend any money on it...And for a free game, it's passable. ;) I do agree, though, the cops could at least have their difficulties ramped up...I find myself, in order to get a good, long pursuit going, having to go cop hunter on their arses. But there are also sometimes when you want to get away from these buggers and they won't let you...I can't remember there being a time in Need For Speed Most Wanted, nor Carbon, when the freakin' police chopper would stalk you like a crazed, perverted insect while you were in your hiding spot, waiting for the thing to go away. Just when you think it's about to go away, it doesn't, and a random patrolling police unit finds your hiding spot, forcing you to haul arse out of there and take another drawn out highway chase, hopefully outliving the chopper's fuel supply and then getting rid of the cops who screw with you. If they wanted to ramp up the difficulty, really, I don't think they even needed to mess with the AI (although I suppose they could), just get more backup so that waves of 5 cars on heat level five do not disappear after a minute or, in one case, under 20 seconds....anyway, I'm addicted to this game at the moment 'cuz I have many ideas for cars to add to my inventory... :lol: so even though I've finished the story...I'll keep playing for ages...

Anyways, gigantic rant aside, the game I've been playing recently, which has allowed me to pass the time between my dreaded GCSE exams, is Driver: LA Undercover for the Sony Ericsson W300i (Yes, that's what I use)...I have to say, this game was at least worth the £2 I paid for it...I wouldn't have paid any more. I'm an avid fan of the driver series, and always liked the idea of a mobile phone Driver...Well, I got one alright. Just a pity its story mode didn't last a day overall. :P Yeah, it's not like the other games I play, such as Asphalt 4: Elite Racing and Asphalt 3: Street Rules, which took approximately a week or even more to complete. This one was done in a day. :P Still, they at least had the decency to rig out this stripped-down version of the game with Take-a-ride, pursuit, getaway and checkpoint race modes. My only other complaint is that I wish there were more cars. There's only a Ford Mustang and a Lamborghini Countach in the game...You only get to control the cop car in the training stage, which is a real bummer. I'd love to be able to drive a police car around Los Angeles shooting the living barnacles out of everybody I see.

Well, that's all from moi. Au revoir! :)

Finished GH: Metallica. Right now I'm replaying Super Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros. out of the excitement for their sequels being announced.

Just finished my exam week, 4 out of 9 exams in one week!

So to reward myself and to take a little break from all the revision I'm going to play lotsa Pokémon Platinum. Also very tempted to play through both Golden Sun titles for the third time after this week's incredible announcement. ^^

Infamous, Infamous, and more Infamous. I had to go to 3 stores before finding one where it wasn't sold out but I got it. It is so freakin' awesome. ^_^

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. Again again again again again.

Best... turn-based-strategy... EVER.

More NFS Undercover gameplay today (I should start writing a journal on this or something), been busy with car customisation...I managed to get Dom's Charger created perfectly in my eyes (Even managed to get the 1970 Dodge Charger grille and headlights on it), now if only I could get all the handling upgrades and the nitrous...that's probably gonna get done tomorrow...I also found a valid deco choice for my Koeniggsegg CCX....Believe it or not, I made it into a sort of Need For Speed parody of Sonic's car from Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing. :P Well, it's one of the fastest cars in the game, and it looks awesome weaving in and out of traffic-I say, why not?

During my time on the computer here, creating this post, I've also been playing Rush 2: Extreme Racing USA for the Nintendo 64 (on an emulator, you understand) This game has a fond history with me and SSR, believe it or not. This was one of the two games (The other being Destruction Derby 64) I frequently played while listening to Hyper Sonic's Top Ten Countdown and The Raccoon Zone a few years back, and I still play them today when boredom invades my free time on this computer. What can I say? Ramming brightly (and randomly) coloured cars off the road has always been fun to me. Just like in NFS, I tend to colour my cars to be homages to certain characters or cars from movies, or possibly just well known/common colour schemes for cars (I.E. Blue Dodge Viper with white stripes)

Well, that is all I have to say for today. Farewell, peeps! :)

Crysis. This game is awesome. This is the third time I have played through it, and it just gets better everytime. I can choose any approach I like, stealthy, guns blazing, acrobatic, it makes you feel like a god.

Also GTA4. I recently had a computer crash, and it was thr best 360 game I hadn't played in a long time, so I played it again. I still think its dead good fun.

Punch Out and Little Kings Story on the Wii.

Punch Out...on the NES! =D I bought a physical copy today for about $10. Punch Out on the Wii looks fun but I want to see if I like the base concept before I decide to invest in the new one. Not to mention that'll give it time to go down in price. I must say I do like the NES version quite a bit. It's much easier to get used to than I thought it would be.

I've also started playing

again since I finished Ys I. It was released for the DS a few months ago. This game is shorter than I thought it would be. When you start, it's Day 1. And there are only six days on the calendar and I'm about to finish Day 5. Is that really it? Well, I won't mind too much if that is the end. Tokyo Beat Down does have a fun story with some fun characters, although that's the only thing keeping me playing it. TBD is a throwback to beat-em-ups like Double Dragon and Final Fight, you see. They do preserve the classic gameplay, but they don't really do anything interesting with it.

In fact, a few things are actually worse than the old beat-em-ups. Part of the fun of the genre is getting to new, more interesting locations as you battle further in the game. In TBD, you just run back and forth between about seven locations in Tokyo, except the enemies are slightly better armed each time. It gets quite dull having to revisit areas over and over again, I think.

And in order to acquire upgraded stats you must investigate areas where nothing is happening. Then you must search through a crowd of useless NPCs to find the one guy who will give you a challenge to earn a bigger health bar or more damaging attacks. It's not enjoyable in the slightest, and I usually forgo looking for powerups just because of how frightfully dull it is. Beat-em-ups are supposed to be constant action, not looking for needles in a haystack.

Another thing that's wrong is how all of the enemies are the same, except they're just reskins of one another. They all do the same attacks and have the same animations and everything. In fact, most of the bosses are the same as the normal enemies. The only difference is that they have a special skin and they take a lot longer to kill.

The only special thing TBD really does is give you guns (all of which the manual claim fire rubber bullets...which is there to explain why enemies can take about two or three shots before going down...and why you're authorized to shoot all over the place despite being cops). Thing is though, equipping your gun takes a while, so it's a good idea to knock all the enemies back, equip your gun, and then start shooting when they try to rush you. Oh, but further in the game everyone will start packing pistols, and you will regularly run itno foes with submachine guns. You really do have to work to keep everybody tightly grouped so that one of them in the back doesn't get an opening to shoot you.

But like I say, I really enjoy the story. But if it wasn't here, I probably wouldn't play this game at all. Hate to say it, but unless there's some awesome unlockable after you beat the game, I probably won't play it again after I finish it.

Oh well, it is fun how you get an awesome fanfare every time you finish a level...while YOU BEAT THEM DOWN! flashes on the screen.

Edited by Nail Strafer

Half-Life 2 on the Orange Box for the Xbox 360. I love this game, because it is so epic. The entire game is heart-pounding and cinematic. It is like the last stage of Halo 3, but for every part of the game.

This game is like playing a movie. Hell, it is like being in a movie.

I'm playing Majora's Mask, it was $10 and I enjoy this game a lot. I'm also trying to get a PS3 so hopefully everything works out ok.

I borrowed a GBA game from my friend... it was LEGO Island 2: The Brickster's Revenge. I wasn't expecting much from it, but it's actually kinda fun. It's a half-RPG, half-minigame collection.

Zool 2

Plok

Half-Life 2: Episode 2

Gears of War 2

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy

Yeah. Playing alot right now.

I'm on Phoenix Wright's fifth case.

Also, today I bought a DS Lite (red/black, fuck the DSi) and Chrono Trigger, so I'm playing that too. I just beat the first boss.

Jake has the best taste in DS's and in games.

I'm alternating between Pokemon Platinum, Chrono Trigger and Castlevania OoE at the mo while on vaction.

Clocking almost sixteen hours in Star Ocean 4 so far since Wednesday night, and still not bored with it. The last game to get me hooked like this was Fable II back in November.

I suspect I'm the only person in the whole world that doesn't have a problem with SO4's English voices. I don't think they're very good, but they don't annoy me either. Though pretty stereotypical, I like the main cast in general. tri-Ace always seems to find some good dynamics between the characters that make them fun to follow.

Playing Mario Galaxy, 358/2 Days, and Starfy right now.

Completely pointless since I won't find someone to play multi with, but I unlocked some of the hidden characters. So far it's Xion, Riku, and Donald Duck.

....Can you guess what's coming? I'll give you a few seconds to read back over my posts and take a wild guess....

Think you've got it? Okay then...The answer is:

Need for Speed Undercover. AGAIN!!!

Yeah, you heard me. That's all I'm playing these days. :P I'm afraid I have given in and decided to use an Action Replay. I would rather use that than have to do the chasedown mode all the time for my cash. It's gotten boring considering I've done it like OVER 9000 times now. So I found a solution, get 99 million dollars through Action Replay, which I have now used to buy two new cars: A Dodge Charger made to be the 'Boltmobile' Yeah, strange, but I thought since Bolt is a superhero (although more of a superdog, really) he should have an awesome car to go along with it, like Batman has the batmobile, Spiderman has a motorbike of some sort when he's in toy form, blah blah blah. This thing actually has most of Bolt's abilities, apart from the super bark. It looks cool, goes fast and is built like a frickin' tank...You can ram cars head on and they'll go flying back, like that one scene from the movie.

The other thing I've bought with my ill-gotten gains is an Aston Martin DB9 which I've kitted up to belong to one of my Sonic fan characters, a James Bond type with some adrenaline junkie in him (Hyper Sonic will know who it is, ha ha) I have to say, I'm amazed at how the engine sounds for the DB9 have improved since Most Wanted. I couldn't bare to use a tuned up Aston Martin because its engine note was the same as a frickin' Vauxhall Monaro/Pontiac GTO when fully modified (minus junkman parts)...Thankfully they've changed that and it now sounds awesome, just how I'd expect my character's car to sound. I intend to use this car more in pursuits...Gotta build up a good rap sheet, yo! (even if there isn't one specifically in Undercover)

Finally, I might as well detail one other vehicle I've modded...My Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, which is in typical Draco 2.0 colours (dark red with a white 'pinstripe' to represent the chest fur pattern) got an extra spoiler in order to give me the 99 million dollars...because the cheat is activated when you buy a part for a car, and I couldn't think of or didn't want to add parts to any of my cars...so, eh...my original car gets it instead. :) I'll probably take it out into the Tri Cities area for a commemorative pursuit (commemorative of me finally not taking any bullcrap from the chasedown mode) later on.

That is all for now, good sirs. Fare thee well! :lol:

Edited by Draco 2.0

Need for Speed: Carbon on my friend's P.C. Though I'm not used to the controls, it's a great game. It's awesome to run from the cops, and it's really satisfying when I run over a road block.

Also, the very old Microsoft Train Simulator. I beat a mission just by setting the train to full speed and letting it run. Sure, I exceeded passenger comfort levels and taxed the train a few times by taking turns at high speed. Sure, I went downhill as fast as possible (engine running at max plus the force of gravity), and sure, I broke the speed limit multiple times and didn't slow down for the reduced speed zone. It's fun to see how much I can do and get away with it by still passing the mission.

The Phoenix Wright Trilogy and Apollo Justice. I'm also playing the Japanese version of Ace Attorney Investigations on my DS lite and dear lord is it fun =D. Also Edgeworth's own little ability,is his very own mind, aka his forehead aka the Logic System.

It's pretty good too, I just wish I understood what everyone was saying, I'm hoping to pick up the English version this year =D

Edited by Jetronic

I'm still playing Tales of Symphonia (but haven't had much time to play it lately), I've been getting back into Disgaea 2, and I'm playing a lot of inFamous and Snatcher as well. For anyone that has a Sega CD (or Sega CD emulator like me), you NEED to get Snatcher. It's an excellent game.

The Wild (movie game) for the GBA. It's a short game, but it's actually not that bad for a licensed game.

Edited by OvErLoRd