Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

I should mention one other thing about 358/2 Days. It's way harder than any other Kingdom Hearts game.

I refuse to believe it's harder than Chain of Memories... that was solid T-T

I've also been playing Guitar Hero: Metallica, and I'm having the same exact problem as Jez when it comes to Star Power. Some of the timing with regards to my button presses has seemed slightly off as well, but that could just be me. I'm playing the PS2 version.

However, as a massive Metallica fan, I'm ignoring these niggles and seeing it as pure win. The "Official Bootleg" video of Orion at Download 2006 brings back happy memories. I'm about halfway through on Hard Mode, then when i'm done I'm gonna go through it again on Expert. 5-starred every song so far, up to Kyuss. That won't last much longer.

Also played a bit of Klona yesterday, and my god, I fucking hate Hewpoe. He(?) is just so sickening. As for the game itself it seems ok so far, though yeah, its pretty damn easy. Probably just as well I got it on the cheap, as it also seems to be going quite quick. But yeah, decent enough for what I paid.

Rayman Raving Rabbids 2. Some people call it shovelware, I call it great multiplayer. It's not like most Wii shovelware for the fact that my friends and I actually laughed the first time we played it and enjoyed it quite a bit.

I finished up with Halo 3 legendary mode just in time for the arrival of Infamous. While my brother is certainly loving that game (I’ll be sure to pick it up with him after he unlocks a few of the locomotion moves) I am taking the extra time to rack up some ill-gotten gains against his Diamond version in my own Pokemon Pearl. B)

I refuse to believe it's harder than Chain of Memories... that was solid T-T

Spam the Sonic Blade Sleight.

Spam the Sonic Blade Sleight.

It was still solid :( Riku was pro with his zeroes...

Right now, I'm not really playing any games (My PC doesn't have that many) but I have been recently playing my Playstation 2, these titles, to be exact:

Need For Speed Undercover-Building up my number of escaped pursuits and my garage of cars...I've just purchased a 1969 Dodge Charger and I find myself constantly doing the 'vigilante' chasedown mode to get cash...I really wish there was another way to get money other than getting pitiful amounts from races already won, the chasedown mode and selling cars, which doesn't seem likely at the moment. If anybody's interested, I'm being a bit cliched as many people have done this before in Need For Speed games, by creating the Dodge Charger that Dom drives in The Fast And The Furious. Unfortunately I can't get it exactly right...so I may turn it into something else that looks cool to me down the line. :P Who knows?

Driv3r-I'll reveal a dirty little secret, I found the game a bit difficult and didn't want to wait to unlock Istanbul, the final city...so I entered a bunch of cheats. Still, I'm trying to claw some of my dignity back by re-visiting and attempting the missions I skipped over. Unfortunately, most of them are a real b*tch. Particularly the on foot sections...You can just walk into a room and get your butt kicked. The AI may be reported to be horrible, but damn, do they do a good job at killing you if you're not as fast as lightning. :P Or possibly I suck tailpipe at the game. Eh... Either way, it leads to frustration.

Sonic Unleashed-Thanks to Need For Speed, I haven't really felt like playing this, but, eh, I did at least manage to complete one of the werehog stages in Holoska last week. I'm afraid that since I left my PS2 at my grandmother's house, I won't be playing this one, or the others, unfortunately, until friday.

Well, that's all I have to report on....FOR NOW. (I can see this becoming my catchphrase. :lol: )

Infamous is making me literally insane looking for this last god damn blast shard, it's like looking for a needle in a

30-foot haystack...

...with a fridge magnet.

Taking a break to play SUGC. Mean Bean Machine was ridiculously hard, and yet I somehow beat Dr. Robotnik in 27 seconds... someone deserves a prrrrrromotion :D

Edited by That Crazy Bat Guy

Well, I got a splurge of games for around 50 bucks the other day, combined with what I already have..so...

Assassin's Creed

I'm on the 4th assassination and STILL loving it. Man...I know this game has had a fair share of criticism, but the environment, graphics, sense of movement, story, voice work, combat (Yes, I like the combat.), and just exploring to find View Points and Citizens (Though Flags can bug off, ruddy things...), I'm really loving it so far, and feel that I will up until the end.

Bioshock

Harder than I thought it'd be, actually. The game really urges you to balance your use of Plasmids and Weapons rather than hang on one or the other, or you'll run out of juice/bullets fairly quickly relying on either. I just beat the first boss, and have Telekinesis, Incinerate, and Electro Bolt, as well as the Machine Gun, Pistol, and Shotgun. I LOVE the 60s artstyle, music, little flashbacks, moments of sheer creepiness (like the lights turning on and off, random shadows and visions.) Sure, it's not terrifying, but definitely adds to the ambiance terrifically.

Mass Effect

Oh lord, I really hit the jackpot with all these games...I ADORE this game so far, even if it is easy to get lost at times. The conversation, how real and in depth the world feels, the combat, the abilities...the customization of the characters, I must say this is becoming one of my personal favorites out of the set.

Fable 2

Is an odd bag for me so far, but like Mass Effect, I can really tell the detail and fine tuning put into the personality of the world and it's characters, even if the interactivity is a tad primitive, although certainly creative. The Hero does feel lacking in customization at times, but the world certainly begs to be explored, and with the many little trinkets, details, and things that just make me smile, I can't help but enjoy Fable 2 immensely, and I have with only a little amount of the main story left. :)

Edited by Roffles

For me it's:

Fable 2

just found Reaver, going from there. Got slightly sidetracked with the slaughter of westcliff, But oh well, it's fun XD

Call of Duty 4

Just borrowed it from my friend, Got to rank 13 Online and still going up! Hardcore headquarters FTW!!!

Call of Duty: World at war

Rank 49 Online, Trying to get the PTRS! I love that gun! But right now i'm happy with my Double tapped Thomson!

Sonic the hedgehog 2: Xbox live arcade version

Bought it for the Nostalgia! Currently at Oil Ocean, Man i hate that level!

And that's about it. I know it's not much to say but Meh, i have work to do

Just started playing New Super Mario Bros again on my DS. But only in short bursts. I have 99 lives, collected all coins, spent all coins...so it's all done and dusted, as I say. XP

Yeah, I've done the same in NSMB. It's still a fun game, though. I start a new game every once in a while.

Pokemon Yellow (GBC ROM) - I came (lol) to the conclusion that I want to play a Pokemon game and complete my pokedex legitimately, all on a ROM. As much as I appreciate the retro graphics, I shudder at Prof Oak's mutilated face at the beginning. I haven't gotten far yet. I'm getting bored by playing what I just technically played on Touhoumon (Which I'm at Silph Tower right now in that game).

I've really been playing nothing but fighters recently. I got a replacement copy of Capcom vs. SNK 2 two weeks ago, and have put at least a dozen hours into it. Then I saw that the local Wal-Mart actually had shelf space for King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match, and I wrote down the date that was written on the back order paper. Since they don't get new copies until Thursday, I've been playing KoF '96 extensively in order to practice.

Today, though, I started playing Super Mario 64 DS again.

Holy shit, 358/2 Days is kicking my ass. I've gotten about 5 Game Over Screens so far. Notable fail was when a bunch of these new Heartless, that look like little blobs, ganged up on me and sucked my HP bar down to zero in 2 seconds flat.

Still playing Guitar Hero Metallica. I think I've worked out the trick to Star Power. It hasn't become less sensitive, it's just become more demanding in terms of accuracy of angle since GHIII. As long as I don't tilt the guitar forward or back as I rotate it into the upwards posistion, it registers.

I've warmed to the game a fair bit. I no longer feel I wasted money on it.

Got my old Game Boy Color out at the moment, and I'm playing Pokemon Crystal. Obviously since I'm having a Pokemon renaissance, which had conveniently coincided with Pokemon Week, I'm playing a Pokemon game in order to finally beat everything and complete my Pokedex.

Besides that... does Freecell count? =P

Playing a ton of PS3 demos right now. Gonna have to pick up Infamous, Mirror's Edge, Skate 2, Fatal Inertia, and Wipeout HD from the look of the demos.

Just got started with Star Ocean 4. Yay for the game being awesome so far! Slow start with all the cut-scenes in the first hour, though. Oh well, back to the stars I go...

Sonic Mario. A hack of the original Super Mario Bros. with the sprite of Mario changed to resemble Sonic. The rest of the design of the world is changed accordingly, but the gameplay and locations of item boxes and power-ups are unchanged. (Mushrooms are Chaos Emeralds.)

Started playing Phantom Hourglass again after leaving it for many, many months. Why? I am totally stuck at the final boss!

Actually, it's the ghost ship with the eyes on it, which shoots out pink bubbles or something at you.

Yeah, I've died SO many times on that one. I don't think I'll ever get past it. T.T

Need For Speed Undercover-Building up my number of escaped pursuits and my garage of cars...I've just purchased a 1969 Dodge Charger and I find myself constantly doing the 'vigilante' chasedown mode to get cash...I really wish there was another way to get money other than getting pitiful amounts from races already won, the chasedown mode and selling cars, which doesn't seem likely at the moment. If anybody's interested, I'm being a bit cliched as many people have done this before in Need For Speed games, by creating the Dodge Charger that Dom drives in The Fast And The Furious. Unfortunately I can't get it exactly right...so I may turn it into something else that looks cool to me down the line. tongue.gif Who knows?

Eww...Undercover? I really wish that I hadn't decided to buy that game brand new. Alas though, I was suckered in by the promise of those epic police chases I loved so much from Most Wanted. Problem is...the cops just aren't as aggressive as they used to be. It's way too easy to keep from getting caught...but it's much too hard to escape from them anyway. Pursuits go on longer than you want them to, really. Typically, the only reason you fail a pursuit-related mission is because the game randomly spawns a cop right in front of you before you can get away, after doing whatever the mission was. So it gives the pursuits an annoying luck element that I can't stand. Anyway, after I finished the main story mode I just stopped playing...glad it was over.

I'm not sure what to think of Shift, which will be one of this year's NFS titles. On one hand, I actually enjoyed playing through Pro Street a lot more than Undercover. Some people think the announcers are annoying but I think they add a little more personality to the racing. It's more fun than going around the courses in silence or just with music.

However, right now what I'm really into is Books of Ys I and II on the DS. For those who don't know, Ys is a long-running RPG series. This game in particular is a remake of Ys I and II...which were originally released in the late 1980s. And you can tell with this game. The map is very small and simple. The story is very quick and direct with little sidequesting. And it has more RPG cliches than you can shake a stick at. You start both Ys I and II after waking up in a bed...the main questing area is green plains filled with monsters...you explore several dungeons with puzzles like teleportation mazes...or looking for items to get past one obstacle or another.

But I really enjoyed playing it, mostly because I got Ys III for the Super Nintendo when I was about seven. I'd always wondered what happened before Ys III, and this game gave me the opportunity to find out. It's exactly why I picked it up. I definitely don't regret it. I actually like the simple, quick, direct manner of the game over the really deep, side-questy nature of modern RPGs. So anyway, I've finished Ys I so far and I'm actually kind of sad the game stopped there...but at least I can immediately pick up again with Ys II.

Edited by Nail Strafer

Started playing Phantom Hourglass again after leaving it for many, many months. Why? I am totally stuck at the final boss!

Actually, it's the ghost ship with the eyes on it, which shoots out pink bubbles or something at you.

Yeah, I've died SO many times on that one. I don't think I'll ever get past it. T.T

Don't give up hope. I've never actually played Phantom Hourglass so I don't know exactly how hard it is, but I had the same problem with Secret Rings. Keep doing it over and over, though, and eventually, you'll see what you must do to win.

Or you could keep trying until you get lucky. That's how I beat Secret Rings.

Oh man, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days just took a turn toward epic. The bosses in this game are amazing, you actually need to think about how you'll take them down rather than just mashing the A button.

Oh hey, I'm finally playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. It has the uncanny ability to fill you with adrenaline when you're on a roll in court cases.