Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Warning: the following post may be off-topic. Bear with me, here, I know this might damage the integrity (lol?) of this message board a bit.

Forgive me, but this kind of response really gets up my grill. It's as if gaming has never been anything more than a competition.

aw shit you guys hear that? I'm all up in his grill!

It's almost as if taking a game to a higher level than casual playing isn't more than what is the normal, and that the other way around is true. You're right, man, casual players had to spend hours on end exploring the games deepest techniques to play 2 minute timed matches on Hyrule with Items on.

Who cares if it's fun? If you can't wavedash it sucks!

Who cares if it isn't fun, if it's a sequel it has to be better, right!?

Remz basically owned you but here you go anyway: Whether or not Brawl is fun is completely and entirely subjective, so don't even try waving that utter shit at me.

People expected Brawl to be better than Melee. For some that hope came true, for some it didn't, but I hardly think it's worth hating Brawl just because you prefer Melee. >_>

I dislike games that I dislike. Surprise. That dislike can also lead to more dislike when said game leads to a lower user-base for a game with more competitive depth. I don't hate Brawl (I just hate playing it; it bores me), but you can't say that it's incomprehensible if someone were to hate it.

What about Brawl+?

It's pretty good. The players in my area don't play Brawl +, though (only Melee), so I don't get to play it too often. It's a promising project.

More replay value is found in Mario Galaxy than 64 and Sunshine IMHO. >.> I mean, what did Sunshine even have when you collected all Shines? I never bothered beating the game to find out, but I doubt it was something as amazing as

playing Luigi through the entire game.

AWWWWWW YEAH I get to play the exact same game with slightly different jumping height and less traction!- oh wait.... this is.... stupid. Sunshine, IMO, doesn't really count as a Mario game (FLUDD? No thanks), so I don't really care, but you didn't mention anything about the replay value of 64, which is vastly superior to that of Galaxy.

The T-Shirt/Sunglass combo is also Hawaiian and awesome. Don't be dissin the shirt, yo.

Edited by Strong Bad
  • Bad Quality Post 2

aw shit you guys here that? I'm all up in his grill!

"I'd never consider playing Brawl" just sounds like a big insult to everyone who actually enjoys it to me.

AWWWWWW YEAH I get to play the exact same game with slightly different jumping height and less traction!- oh wait.... this is.... stupid.

Generally sequels are the same as their predecessors but have diffrerent themes. Why is having the same formula so bad now?

I'm not insulting your opinion, I'm just saying I hate the way you acted to people who actually like Brawl, as if they were stupid or something.

EDIT: I've played Mario 64 through three times 100%, twice on N64 and once on DS.

So I've played Galaxy much more in a short space of time.

Edited by SuperLink

"I'd never consider playing Brawl" just sounds like a big insult to everyone who actually enjoys it to me.

It isn't. It's a fact about myself.

Generally sequels are the same as their predecessors but have different themes. Why is having the same formula so bad now?

You seem to have missed the point. I wasn't talking about the Mario games keeping the same formula. I was talking about the fact that the "replay value," of Super Mario Galaxy is that you get to play the game again

as Luigi

, which is the exact same except slight differences in friction and jumping height.

I'm not insulting your opinion, I'm just saying I hate the way you acted to people who actually like Brawl, as if they were stupid or something.

It seems like some people here don't know how to take other people not having a popular opinion. I simply said that I wouldn't ever play Brawl, and yet a huge amount of ridiculous responses were made.

A further note about SMG: I 100%'d it (twice, basically, but yeah) within three weeks. SM64 still takes me a month or two to 100% it each time I go back and play it again, despite the amount of times I have completed it. Another part of Replay value is that it's actually fun to play it again, rather than possible, which in my opinion Super Mario Galaxy does not succeed at.

Having recently watched the movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and not having the money to buy a new game, I dug out the X-Men game for the NES...

Boy, does it suck. The only reason I like it a little is because of its franchise. The gameplay was terrible. A bunch of moving around slowly and attacking, and the attacking hardly worked.

Whether or not Brawl is fun is completely and entirely subjective, so don't even try waving that utter shit at me.

Way to point out something he already admitted. But do go on.

Anyways, having been stuck in Threads of Fate for about a month now, I restarted the game as Mint. I'll just play as far as I can until I get stuck with her, then I'll see if I can continue my former save.

Edited by Tornado

Way to point out something he already admitted.

He didn't.

But do go on.

I did.

It seems like some people here don't know how to take other people not having a popular opinion. I simply said that I wouldn't ever play Brawl, and yet a huge amount of ridiculous responses were made.

Nothing wrong with debating opinions is there? It was probably just the way it worded it. Especially the italics, like you were just egging people on to go ahead and argue with you. Oh well, let bygones be bygones.

A further note about SMG: I 100%'d it (twice, basically, but yeah) within three weeks. SM64 still takes me a month or two to 100% it each time I go back and play it again, despite the amount of times I have completed it. Another part of Replay value is that it's actually fun to play it again, rather than possible, which in my opinion Super Mario Galaxy does not succeed at.

I can 100% Galaxy in under a week, Mario 64 DS in a few days, and Mario 64 in about a week like Galaxy.

After giving Galaxy a bit of a break, I found myself enjoying it almost as much as I had the first time. Just me, but I replay a lot of my games.

Edited by SuperLink

He didn't.

Different people preferring different games for subjective reasons? What a fascinating concept:

That doesn't follow, considering so many people preferred Street Fighter II to SFIII (just one example)... and don't even get me started on movies.
Edited by Tornado

Having recently watched the movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and not having the money to buy a new game, I dug out the X-Men game for the NES...

Boy, does it suck. The only reason I like it a little is because of its franchise. The gameplay was terrible. A bunch of moving around slowly and attacking, and the attacking hardly worked.

I just recently played the arcade beat 'em up. So mindless, but so much fun.

Also: "X-Men...Welcome to DIE!".

Hmm... Some of the games I'm playing now.

Okay let's get these two out the way.

Super Mario Galaxy- Honestly, I think it's the best out of the 3D Super Marios. Not because it's the sequel, not because of the pretty graphics. I'm simply immerse in the atmosphere, platforming through some very simple yet insane puzzles. I feel like I got a lot more objectives to do than Mario 64 and Sunshine. Not to mention the option to play as Luigi is a nice twist in the mix. Luigi can't slow down for beans but i like it that it adds a little more challenge. I just wish each mission didn't feel so linear.

Super Smash bros. Brawl- While it did disappoint in terms of the quantity of additions, I fine it to be better than the previous outings. I feel like I can control more characters a little better than before and love it that I can customize the controller to my liking. I can actually use some of the heavy characters without becoming a fat punching bag. Plus, I'm a defensive gamer in fighting games. I do like to play with items off, but I switch them on every blue moon. I just wish that the online was better or that they would have made it LESS accessible to beginners. (I.E.: Spamming sucks.) Playing the game with more skill players is always awesome, imo. I go to Gamer's League on campus and play against them. (My GOD! That's ALL they play!) I played brawl+ at GL, honestly, it doesn't mesh with my style well. I never played it again.

Now onto the other ones that I'm sure won't be autopsy'D!... Hopefully. :P

Mario Strikers Charged- Say what you want about the game. I'm addicted the series. I love the Mario franchise, arcade style sport games and soccer. This series combines all that and I got hooked. I really like setting my team up from scratch and playing against other people. The Online feature wasn't really my cup of tea since there's a bunch of sore losers on there... If there's still anyone on there. Not to mention that they only spam the advanced tactics, hacks or glitches. Also the attitude of the characters are awesome. It show's that they have more personality than either serious, caring, or evil.

Okami- (You have a Wii or PS2? Buy this game or I'll cut you! You don't have enough money, pay with your liver.) Scary psychotic gamer phase aside. It's a great game. A very good game. I'm not one to side with reviewers these days (I'm can use Motion controls! OOOoooooo.... Don't cut me open for research! XD) but this game deserved all the praise it got and then some. As an adventure game, it's epic is story, design and length. (Oh my lord, the length!) Plus...

I never get tired of that! Twenty-five dollars is a bargain for it.

Punch-Out!! Wii- All I can say is wow. So far, it's pretty short when guning for the title. (I'm already up to the last title bout and I bought the game yesterday.) I would say this, why are some reviewers complaining about the motion control scheme? I haven't ran into a screw up yet. I haven't used the balance board control yet, but I bet that's depends on who fast you can move your feet. Are the fighter's challenging? Yes, for the ones that are supposed to be.( I was only beaten by Great Tiger and Soda Popinski.) Now, I don't really see it as a easy game yet, because I heard that the title defense is 'foot up the ass' hard, everyone suppose to have a harder pattern to follow. Looking forward to it. Nice nice that you still yet 'GET UP, MAC!!!' everytime he's knocked out.

Edited by YoshiUnity

Zelda: Majora's Mask, which I got off the VC on Monday (since it was just released in the US then). I've gotten through the first temple and am now at Snowhead Mountain (not in the temple yet, however). So far, its been pretty fun, despite the annoyance of having to redo a lot of stuff when you reset time, and some of the ridiculous sidequests (such as having to deposit 5000 rupees in the bank for one Piece of Heart >_>).

I was also pretty impressed at the darker atmosphere. I had heard about this being a more "serious" Zelda game and thought it was just talk, but it really lived up to that billing. The last 6 hours in the final day really feel hopeless and depressing. Overall, the game deviates from other Zelda games in a lot of ways.

One last note: I find it funny that so many people are complaining about the train in Spirit Tracks when this game has stuff which is much more out of place than that, like the observatory. I'm pretty sure that telescopes are more advanced than trains >.>

Edited by Unknown

Just putting it out there that the first telescope was created nearly 200 years before the first steam-powered train. Regardless, the train argument is still ridiculous.

It's pretty good. The players in my area don't play Brawl +, though (only Melee), so I don't get to play it too often. It's a promising project.

What's Brawl +? Is it a fangame or something?

Brawl + is a modification to the SSBB engine which basically adds all the physics and advanced techniques Melee had.

Brawl+ is a Smash Bros community project, it aims to make Brawl more competetive (basically like Melee) by adding working directional dodging (+wavedashing), L-cancel, fixed hitstun, etc.

Last time I checked it only worked on US Brawl, so I don't play it very much since I cba to keep swapping between EU/US Brawl.

Adding a game to my list of now being played, also Star Ocean is taking some time on the backburner because I share a 360 with my brother.

Backburner:

Star Ocean (360)

Rune Factory: Frontier (Wii)

Pokemon Platinum (DS)

Now Playing:

Punch-Out!!(Wii)

Majora's Mask (Wii VC)

Strider 2(PSX)

I just want to say that with regards to Sunshine Vs Galaxy debate a little bit ago, Sunshine doesn't earn you the hawaiin shirt for 120 Shines, you get it for simply beating the game, by talking to the sunglasses guy. 120 shines just gets you a different ending image after the credits. Really not worth it considering how boring those blue coins are to find...

Galaxy however I thought was pretty good. Not QUITE as good as 64, but still pretty damn awesome.

Thanks a ton for the link to that PSO server Hero Of Fate. I'll have to check that out when I get my new comp.

No problem. I play on it every once in a while, so maybe we'll see each other on it at some point.

Please ignore the other responses.

Brawl + is a community-driven project to create a more fun and competitive game with more depth than Brawl. It aims to combine the positive aspects of all three Super Smash Brothers games into one game (not only Melee), using software called Gecko OS and hex codes. This project does not in fact include directional aerial dodging (and thus, no wavedashing), and L-canceling is automatic rather than player-inputted. This project also fixes a lot of glitches in the game and creates more options for worse characters (and significantly less added options to the better characters), while aiming to balance the game.

Brawl + will work with NTSC, PAL, or NTSC-J, also. There have been codes made for all regions.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Well right now I'm getting into PC gaming, so I'm playing Half-Life. It was tricky getting used to M+K controlls at first, but I'm getting the hang of it.

This also somewhat unrleated but ages ago I had a game on PC, it was a 2D platformer game and you played as a grey anthro wolf...can ANY one remember what it was called?

Damn, this shit is getting tough fast in Punch-Out!!. The Major Circuit is no joke. I beat Aran Ryan and Popinski, but I'm nowhere near as good at reading them as I am with the earlier fighters. Won by decision against the two of them. They don't like to stay down either (I knocked Ryan and Popinski down 6 times each, just not 3 times in one round for a TKO).

Wait until you get into title defense mode...

Title Defense Sandman

is giving me trouble big time...

Please ignore the other responses.

Brawl + is a community-driven project to create a more fun and competitive game with more depth than Brawl. It aims to combine the positive aspects of all three Super Smash Brothers games into one game (not only Melee), using software called Gecko OS and hex codes. This project does not in fact include directional aerial dodging (and thus, no wavedashing), and L-canceling is automatic rather than player-inputted. This project also fixes a lot of glitches in the game and creates more options for worse characters (and significantly less added options to the better characters), while aiming to balance the game.

Brawl + will work with NTSC, PAL, or NTSC-J, also. There have been codes made for all regions.

Thanks. It sounds really cool.

I'm playing the current-gen Bionic Commando sequel right now, and it's a lot of fun. I don't really feel like writing a whole thing up on it right now, but if you're looking for something new and original I'd highly suggest it.