Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Star Fox: Assault. I got it yesterday and I'm on the last level.

Assault is a great game, but I mainly play it for the multiplayer. It's one of the few GameCube games that can hold its own in a "What to play?" competition alongside Brawl.

By that, I mean if my friends and I are faced with a choice between Brawl or Assault, Assault has a fair chance of winning.

Edited by OvErLoRd

A lot of people are like that with Nintendo now (CASUAAAAAAAAAAALSS!!!!). I don't like Wii Fit and all these non-games, but if it's gonna keep Nintendo in the gaming business for the next millennia it's a good thing anyway, right?

Nintendo still make fantastic games. People forgot that.

They also forgot about the DS (the best console ever made).

They make pretty good games now. Besides Super Mario Galaxy, their most recent games have been good, but extremely outdated and not as fun as most games this generation. Zelda Twilight Princess was an OoT rehash, Wario Land: Shake, while good, is a basic platformer with a waggle-gimmick. Punch-Out!! Wii is more or less a shot for shot port of the original game with two new characters and maybe 2 new modes that don't really bring any new gameplay into it, etc. They're still making decent games, but that's about it, decent. Besides Mario Galaxy they haven't made anything especially memorable this generation in my opinion.

I don't like Super Mario Galaxy, either. The main game is fun however it lacks the replay value that other Super Mario games held that made it a lasting classic. Reviewers can't (and don't) really measure the replay value of a game within the few weeks/month they have to play it, either, so don't give me sales/review bullshit. LOL

I would also never consider playing Brawl, especially when my Gamecube always has Melee in it ready for some fun after 7 years of greatness. =P

By that, I mean if my friends and I are faced with a choice between Brawl or Assault, Assault has a fair chance of winning.

I always thought that Brawl would be a run-away favorite against any other tittle but when my Wii made the venture out to my Philadelphia campus MaSatOG beat it practically every time. I was shocked. Brawl still got a good chunk of playtime but in a group situation, nothing will ever beat out MaS.

I think my drunk buddies just liked the sound of playing skeet....

I'm currently playing Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II for GameCube. I used to play Blue Burst and wanted to play it again without having to pay for a subscription, so picked up the GCN version second hand. Does mean I can't play online and don't have episode IV, but still fun, even on one-player, and very nostalgic.

Wish I had got the Plus version though. Has some extra quests. This one has no quests at all for ep II which is a bit boring. =(

Beaten eps I and II on normal single player, and working on the quests for ep I normal now. After that I shall move up to Hard.

Private Server. The answer to everything. Can't even play PSO online(anymore) without using one anyway.

(Server works for GCN Ep. 1 & 2(+) and Blue Burst).

Also, DogTagz. Pardon me...but what in the hell is MaSatOG? Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games? That beat out Brawl? What the hell?

Anyway. Update on what I'm playing:

Still playing Star Ocean

Punch-Out!!(Wii)

Various Arcade Beat 'em ups thanks to MAME (Battle Circuit=FUCKING WIN).

Edited by Hero Of Fate

I thought a lack of replay value was just something that came with the territory when dealing with 3D Mario games.

Currently playing Motorstorm Pacific Rift, and finally figured out what is required to make the ships in Wipeout HD actually turn. Still wishing for a return of the floaty-yet-responsive physics that the PlayStation games had.

I would also never consider playing Brawl, especially when my Gamecube always has Melee in it ready for some fun after 7 years of greatness. =P

What about Brawl+?

Edited by Phos

I'm in the middle of playing a handful of games:

Wario Shake It [Wii] (almost done)

Dragonball Z Budokai 2 [GC (on the Wii)] (just got it)

Sakura Wars V : Farewell, My Love [JP PS2] (going back and playing through it again with the news of it's U.S. release)

Street Fighter IV [360] (just unlocked Gouken and going through to unlock everything else)

Rock Band [360] (Always playing this)

On the backburner (temporarily):

Tales Of Symphonia [Wii]

Nights Into Dreams [Wii]

Guilty Gear Access Core [Wii]

No matter how many new games I get.. I am always up for replaying and oldie, be it Sonic Adventure, Brawl, one of my many...many VC games, The Legend of Zelda Collectors disc, New Super Mario Bros, ect...

I still haven't touched Animal Crossing, Magical Starsign or Chrono Trigger in a long time...

Also, DogTagz. Pardon me...but what in the hell is MaSatOG? Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games? That beat out Brawl? What the hell?

It surprised me too. The Olympics title is apparently quite the attention grabber in college settings. We had Halo, Gears, Resistance, Madden, Brawl but the game that had dudes (and gals) banging our doors down was Mario and Sonic.

I was tempted to write a paper on it, but my professor didn’t bite on the topic :P

Private Server. The answer to everything. Can't even play PSO online(anymore) without using one anyway.

(Server works for GCN Ep. 1 & 2(+) and Blue Burst).

Wait, even Blue Burst's official servers are offline now? I did check out the site the other day and when I tried to see if I could remember my login details/redownload Blue Burst I ran into a loooot of 404 pages...

On GCN however, I'm playing on my Wii and never had a Broadband adapter to begin with, so I'm a bit stuck there, alas.

If all else fails I'm gonna get some friends round and try to arrange a three-player run of the game (I'll make a new character so we're all on equal grounds)... It kinda sucks locally coz you all have to be on the same map at the same time, but better than nothing I suppose.

Edited by JezMM

Wait, even Blue Burst's official servers are offline now? I did check out the site the other day and when I tried to see if I could remember my login details/redownload Blue Burst I ran into a loooot of 404 pages...

On GCN however, I'm playing on my Wii and never had a Broadband adapter to begin with, so I'm a bit stuck there, alas.

Yeah, they're all down now, there are several private servers running for the game still however, that are for all intents and purposes, just like playing the game online. I love PSO.

As for me, at the moment I'm rediscovering my fighting game collection after my fightstick showed up. Absolutely awesome. Can't wait for Blazblue <3

Forgive me, but this kind of response really gets up my grill. It's as if gaming has never been anything more than a competition.

Who cares if it's fun? If you can't wavedash it sucks!

EDIT: BTW, not saying wavedash is the singular reason or anything, I just see it as a metaphor for that whole "competetive" mindset.

Edited by SuperLink

Currently playing Grand Theft Auto IV. I haven't really played anything else in the last year. I may have played a bit of Sonic Unleashed but I can't be bothered to put it on again.

Who cares if it's fun? If you can't wavedash it sucks!

Who cares if it isn't fun, if it's a sequel it has to be better, right!?

Who cares if it isn't fun, if it's a sequel it has to be better, right!?

That doesn't follow, considering so many people preferred Street Fighter II to SFIII (just one example)... and don't even get me started on movies.

People expected Brawl to be better than Melee. For some that hope came true, for some it didn't, but I hardly think it's worth hating Brawl just because you prefer Melee. >_>

Edited by SuperLink

I'd play Brawl over Melee any day, I consider it the better game, but it was more disappointing than Melee. Melee improved so much from the original Smash Bros., Brawl added characters and levels along with a few new tweaks. The graphics were better, but not by TOO much, and the item selection was disappointing and underwhelming compared to Melee.

Pokémon Sapphire (GBA via DS lite) - After six years of playing over 600 hours with my National Dex just tens of PKMN away from being complete, I decided to restart. Blame my Action Replay for making me guilty for having infinite money, Master Ball and Rare Candy spamming (Which I made my Pokemon smuggle over on to my now broken Diamond), and 100% shiny chance encounters. Also for being a noob and not catching Kyogre. Yes, tis a sad day for us all. I don't know how I'm going to get Jirachi now, seeing how my Colloseum Bonus Disc is long gone. Right now I'm on my way to Mauville with a team of Grovyle, Dustox, Ralts, Nincada (For Shedinja), Aron, and Lotad.

Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism - I have yet to clear this. On easy mode. What the fuck.

EDIT: *Looks at above posts* Are we seriously arguing over this shit again? All of you people are responsible for the shunning of Smash 64. Dicks.

Edited by Ricky

It's one of the few GameCube games that can hold its own in a "What to play?" competition alongside Brawl.
Cough cough.

Ace Combat 5: An incredible game with an equally incredible plot. The graphics are excellent, the music is possibly Oscar-worthy, and, there are 30 levels for each of the two storylines, so you can really enjoy yourself. I already have the FALKEN, which in itself should probably count as a cheat, seeing as it destroys everything with its LAZOR, no matter what difficulty you are in.

Ace Combat Zero: The prequel to Ace Combat 5, it answers several questions left unanswered, and leaves you with twice as many. Despite the fact that it only has 18 levels, it more than makes up for it with its three ace rankings (Knight, Soldier, and Mercenary), each of which gives a seperate storyline. Not only that, but it has an extra bonus level for Free Mode only, as well as multiplayer mode. Not so big a deal, until you count the fact that it is the first of SEVEN to have this. Of course, those 18 levels are full of plot and incredible music (especially the last one), great graphics, loads of bonus aces, unlockable jets and paint jobs (there are 5 to 6 per jet), AS WELL AS superjets. Two of them: The FALKEN, which can now have fuel bombs and XLAAs (Did I mention that you can buy and pick from one of three special weapons for each jet? No? Well, now I have), and the Morgan, which has a LAZOR standard, as well as an ECMP to keep missiles away from your shiny arse, and, best of all, A NUCLEAR WEAPON. There is another fictional jet, the Wyvern, but seeing as it lacks any superweapons, I don't really count it as a superjet. However, I have all three. And yes, I do often go on godmodding rampages over my puny AI subjects in the game.

Edited by Axl

Interestingly enough, whenever our video game club does an event at the college campus, the Wii goes almost completely ignored. Fatal Fury Special is where its at.

Yeah, they're all down now, there are several private servers running for the game still however, that are for all intents and purposes, just like playing the game online. I love PSO.

As for me, at the moment I'm rediscovering my fighting game collection after my fightstick showed up. Absolutely awesome. Can't wait for Blazblue <3

Yeah, private server is the only way to go right now. If you really want to play online, then give this server a spin. They added in the Japan exclusive items and everything.

http://www.schtserv.com/

Still looking after my puppies. Urgh, once you play Nintendogs you funnily enough don't play other games altogether. @.@

I don't like Super Mario Galaxy, either. The main game is fun however it lacks the replay value that other Super Mario games held that made it a lasting classic. Reviewers can't (and don't) really measure the replay value of a game within the few weeks/month they have to play it, either, so don't give me sales/review bullshit. LOL

More replay value is found in Mario Galaxy than 64 and Sunshine IMHO. >.> I mean, what did Sunshine even have when you collected all Shines? I never bothered beating the game to find out, but I doubt it was something as amazing as

playing Luigi through the entire game.

I've played Mario Galaxy through 3 times.

Twice as Mario, once as Luigi, 120 stars each time

Loved it every time I played it. Reviewers were right.

EDIT: Getting all shines gave you a T-Shirt.

Edited by SuperLink

I've played Mario Galaxy through 3 times.

Twice as Mario, once as Luigi, 120 stars each time

Loved it every time I played it. Reviewers were right.

EDIT: Getting all shines gave you a T-Shirt.

Holy... O.o I've played it through with all the Stars as Mario and

Luigi

, but never 3 times. Woah~ however I do go back to play that game from time to time, sometimes just to visit one of the planets and GAZE in awe at the beautiful graphics. X3 Galaxy definitely has the best graphics of any Wii game, and it's a bloody shame no other Wii games have learned from it.

Wait wait, Sunshine only gives you a T-Shirt? ... *SNORT*

And one of the best soundtracks ever, up there with Kingdom Hearts =D

And yeah, Melty Molten Galaxy, Gusty Garden Galaxy, some of my best gaming experiences visual wise and pure exhilleration wise. It's weird that I felt as exhillerated playing Mario Galaxy for the first time as I did playing Unleashed.

And it's a T-Shirt with Shines on it.