Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Currently working on Skyrim on my Steam library as I just installed the pure weather and pure water mods via the Workshop resulting in spending lots of time on side-quests to admire the eye-candy.  Also recording ShadowPlay footage for a Train Simulator 2014 project that I am working on which got delayed due to the previous PSU being a pain in the neck.

I just started on the Etrian Odyssey Untold demo; in timely fashion, the game is coming out shortly in Europe a mere eight months after America got it.

Currently playing Mario Kart Wii and Sonic Adventure on 360. I am close to beating Sonic's story on SA1.

Currently playing Inazuma Eleven, losing interest in DCUO but regaining interest in Cube World. I also signed up for Trove's Alpha and can't wait to get in.

Oh YES! I just platinumed Tales of Xillia today. That will be my second platinum trophy.

Total play time is 110 hours...making it the longest console RPG I've played.

Currently playing MGS: Ground Zeroes........again. The patch released today adds the Jamais Vu mission. So I can now play that mission on both my PS3 & PS4 copies.

Just received my copy of the Ratchet & Clank Trilogy. Looking forward to playing all three games.

9nj5wmM.png

I also need to play Jak & Daxter 2 & 3.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently Playing Child of Light and Daylight. Child of Light is gorgeous, Daylight has me paranoid like a motherfucker.

Yep. Also playing Child of Light as well, with Tales of Graces f on the side. Child of Light looks so pretty, and luckily it plays awesomely too.

Right now I'm working on Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. This game is frickin' gorgeous, really one of the best looking games on the PS3, and a real joy to play. It improves on the original trilogy, which was already awesome, in so many ways it's unbelievable. Already can't wait to get to A Crack in Time (which I bought with Tools of Destruction aware of ToD's cliffhanger ending and knowing I'd only want more). 

Literally my only complaint is with Qwark's redesign; though it's not awful, it's in this game he begins to look less like himself to me. By All 4 One, he hardly looks like the Captain Qwark I know and love.

Just got Dust: An Elysian Tail for it's Games for Golds Promotion. HOOKED (Seriously this is an awesome game).

After finishing off a few things in No no Kuni (except for this one trophy related to the Soliseum, though I'll get back to that another time >_>) I finally started God of War Ascension last night, a game I have stalled since I got the PS3 for my birthday last year. I have never played any of the God of War games and I believe this is the first true hack n' slash game I've played too. I'm now at the Temple of Delphi and it's pretty good. The attacks look epic when you pull em off correctly and the graphics look amazing, but it does get frustrating when you're surrounded by enemies and trying to attack all of them at the same time. Maybe that's just me though, since this is the first GoW game I've played and I'm pretty much a n00b to the genre.

• 2 weeks later...

I made a bit of an impulse buy a few days ago. I was at Gamestop trying to get something specific, but there was a bit of a line so I browsed the used DS cartridges while I was waiting. And I happened to glance...

rune_factory_3_coverart1.png?w=593

I figured I may as well. I've been in the mood for Harvest Moon and I adored Rune Factory: Frontier. I've been kinda ignoring the series on the handhelds since I wasn't that huge on the first DS game, but this? This is a drastic improvement in pretty much every way. In fact, I can totally see this becoming my new favorite.

I figure a lot of people don't really know what this is, so here's a quick summary: Rune Factory is Harvest Moon in a fantasy setting with some dungeon crawling thrown into the mix. That's basically all there is to it, only this series has generally been of much higher quality than recent regular Harvest Moon's, and this game is a prime example. The characters in this are all well-written and full of charm, to the point where I'm having trouble picking a girl to eventually marry  D;   They're all just so darn compelling and likeable.

But where I'm seeing major improvement is with the dungeons. The combat is much more energetic and fast-paced, which is always a good thing in my book. Plus I can turn myself into a sheep and roll around like Sonic for some reason don't question it it's just too dang awesome okay gosh.

• Thumbs Up 1

These past days I've been playing Nights: Journey of Dreams and Outrun:2006. I'm not really digging Nights since I feel many things really drag down the game and it doesn't have the charm of the first game.

Outrun on the other hand is spectacular. It took me a little bit to get used to the drifting but once I got the hang of it then the races and missions became more interesting. I'm still in the beginning but I'll enjoy finishing this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm switching between Etrian Odyssey Untold (finally out in Europe) and Denpa Men 3.  This is dungeon-crawler month, apparently.

I'm just starting to play Assassin's Creed Brotherhood now that I finally finished Dynasty Warriors 8 awhile back ago. I had to take a break from gaming for about a week before I got back into doing it again after that long session before. It is a bit sad that I can't platinum AC: Brotherhood, since there are multiplayer trophies, but at least I can most likely end up enjoying the game. Been meaning to get to this game for awhile now.

Finally got my Train Simulator 2014 video project done and over with.  Working on Skyrim still as the primary game on my backlog.  Might start a Let's Play of Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3: Full Burst provided of course Youtube's system doesn't muck it up once I upload it.

I just finished Shadow of the Colossus and....O. M. G. Dat ending is just something else!

I also got Okami HD for £5.49 thanks to the PSN May Madness sale going on now. Fantastic game so far and man does it look gorgeous. It does look a bit blurry in motion though but I guess that's just the smoothing filter doing its job.

I got the Jak HD collection and have been playing through Jak and Daxter 1. Played throught the first couple of hour or so, and traversing through the worlds is pretty cool, but for the love of god I wish there was a faster way of moving around!wacko.png

I realized that I've never finished Zelda : Twilight Princess (GC). I was stuck in the Gerudo Desert Temple in 2007. Today I got through it :)

I'm also playing Pokémon Emerald. I recieved my sixth badge yesterday :)

Using Steam trading, I managed to get 3 free games this week (legally, rite): Rayman Legends, Super Hexagon, and Batman: Arkham City.

Super Hexagon is a really fun minimalist game albeit frustrating. Rayman Legends is already one of my favorite video games, and Arkham City is still downloading for me (17.3 gigabytes).

Not really playing anything new at the moment. I just unlocked the final FINAL world in Super Mario 3D World, and I cleared Kirby and the Amazing Mirror on the Wii U VC recently. Barely touched the World-Crown yet, but I'll likely get around to it eventually. SM3DW is a great ride, difficult at times, but it's definitely one of my favorite Mario games. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is quite fun, but it's ridiculously short (I probably plugged six to eight hours into it over a couple days and burned through the main story). Only thing I haven't been able to do was find every single map or piece of treasure, and I may go back to it in the future. The little AI Kirbys are next to useless, but with the right equipment, you it's surprising how rarely you'll even need them. Amazing Mirror is basically the Great Cave Offensive from Super Star but even bigger, and I admit I always liked that particular game because of how interconnected everything is.

I've taken a hiatus from Wonderful 101, and I can't remember why for the life of me, but I might jump back on it next month to clear it. I still have The Last Story to play through, which I've been wanting to start for a while now, but keep getting sidetracked by other things, be it games or drawing (and drawing is more important, personally).

About to start Sonic Robo Blast 2!

Been wanting to play it for a while now; finally getting around to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Capture2_zps07a69f71.png

Shitty editing job for a shitty game.

So I just finished Makoto's path on Go! Go! Nippon!

You know those really fucking awful games that you find to be a guilty pleasure? Yeah, for me this is one of them. For $9 you run around looking at stock pictures of Japanese landmarks With a busty pacifist and a plain jane tsundere named Makoto and Akira. They dress up as tour guides for some reason and teach you a bunch of shit about japanese temples and landmarks. And Okonamiyaki which sounds both disgusting and delicious at the same time.

You play as the bottom-of-the-barrel weeaboo stereotype who learned all of his shit about Japan from Animu and Mango, and each time he opens his mouth it makes you want to shove Pocky up his shitbox just to get him to shut up. It's nice learning some neat stuff abotu Japan, but this guy has the whole GLORIOUS NIPPON shit going on the entire time.

Also I'm fairly certain 50 of the 200MB this game is is just text boxes with "........." and "Ah....". This game has more elipses than a Tales game.

I had a good time with it, now I'm doing the Akira route to see what landmarks she shows me.

• Thumbs Up 3

Balancing between a few games at the moment.

Finished Call of Duty: World at War on D-Day and I found it quite a good game even though I felt it was more like an Interactive movie at some points. Graphically looked good for a 2009 game, controlled decently and actually liked the story between both sides (America vs. Japan with Kiefer Sutherland as your sergeant, Soviet Union vs. Nazi Germany). Was also surprised that it felt polished with no noticable bugs or glitches plus the Nazi Zombies mode felt like an old school arcade game. This was my first one that I've played of the series and the last of the classic style before the series hit the mainstream with more Modern Warfare games, Black Ops, Ghosts and soon Advanced Warfare. Might play on Modern Warfare in the future that got cheap but probably would be it for the series after that considering that it is multiplayed focused especially the newer ones and the community well...

Another one is Burnout 2 and while I am enjoying the game, I actually find this one to be tougher (probably the toughest out of all that I've played so far yet to try Revenge) and actually quite stressful due to the AI that can become unfair since it seems to use some rubberbanding and if you crash, it is hard to win the race. It is better than Burnout 1 due to the crash mode, better graphics, better presentation but I do feel that the takedowns from Burnout 3 onwards make the series more enjoyable. At least I did like some of the arcade references such as the airport terminal 1&2 having a Scud Race feel, one song sounds a bit like Shake the Street and the Oval Racer has Daytona/Daytona 2 vibes.

I've also briefly played Deadly Skies aka Airforce Delta Storm that I finally got on the Xbox after waiting months and it is quite a nice Ace Combat clone but it is pretty hard so far since if you lose a stage, you lose your ship that you spent money on to get however it is probably getting use to the game and the two Ace Combat games that I've played (Assault Horizon and Legacy aka Ace Combat 2 remake) seem more accessable while with Deadly Skies requires skill avoiding the planes and shooting targets. One mistake that I did notice is that the subtitles and the voice over don't match at all, while they are similar the wording is different.

Also I just got Mario Kart 8 so I'll be giving that a spin and probably going to be playing Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction.

I recently finished Kirby Triple Deluxe which was a fun and cute platformer with one epic final boss. So, typical Kirby game but still a great one! I posted my full impressions in said topic of the game. =3

Now I'm playing through Mario Kart 8, and while I'm enjoying it immensely there are some moments of frustration which relate to how unfair item distribution is in the game as well as those bloody Coins. Other than that though it's the best Mario Kart game in years and I hope Nintendo can patch the game soon to get rid of the aforementioned problems.