Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

Super Mario 3D world- pretty good already posted my thoughts on the other thread

Sonic and allstar racing transformed-I really don't like this game. There are too many technical errors on the Wii U version and to add to that unlocking all the characters are a chore I would unlock them but I'm more worried about my console freezing on me for a forth time. It's a great game but all the technically rubbish and world tour mode is ruining my enjoyment

New super mario bros U + New super luigi U- I'm really really trying to beat this game. There's nothing wrong with it I'm just not motivated to play it I guess it's because I have nobody to play with that's why

Tekken tag tournoment 2 Wii U- OMG I love this series. I haven't played tekken since tekken 5 back in 09 man this is just the ultimate tekken experience everybody from all the previous tekken games are there, new playable characters(that I'm aware of), the return of tekken ball something I've always wanted to come back since the days of tekken 3 mushroom battles which is hilariously fun and the Nintendo character costumes(some fit there where a couple of misses) this game is amazing my only complaints is the loading screens have some freezing problems(it could just be me since I've seen some videos where it works and the Internet connection granted this part could be me since my Internet has been acting up since last month plus all stars racing transformed didn't have any slowdowns last time I tried.

Mighty Switch force- ok I'm going to get some hate for this one. This is really cool game and its the most innovative of the 2. Think of those disappearing reappearing blocks from mario galaxy 2 except you have the option to change at anytime(except for one level). It's a puzzle platformer that works really well but to be honest I find it to be an ok game. People tell me that wayforward are the best and I should buy all their games and everything the composer touches is gold it's so amazing. They're ok people over praise them and I think that kinda felt disappointed I guess that's the side effect of having high expectations. Oh and the music is good not great but good. I still have enjoyment but its meh

Mega Man X- wow this game is actually pretty good I feel so terrible that I never got to play. The game play is pretty much classic mega man except a bunch of features added to make the game easier. The music is great, the bosses are good the only thing I hated doing was backtracking and that obnoxious wall climbing in boomer kuranger's stage and after defeating vile

Right, since my last post two months ago...

First off I finished Far Cry 3, which was an amazing game. A massive amount of freedom to do whatever you want, whenever you want. Its glorious to explore and I didn't want to end. Alas, end it did.

So then I moved on to the platforming double-header of Ducktales Remastered and Rayman Legends. I only ever borrowed Ducktales as a kid, so there were only small parts that I recognised. Despite that, I still had a lot of fun, and I plan on an Expert playthrough at some point, glutton for punishment I am.

Rayman Legends barely needs expanding on, Rayman has provided the best platforming of recent years for me personally. Those last few levels were insane, though the Back To Origins stuff was a bit disappointing (would have preferred 5 extra new levels compared to 30 odd old levels), but still, great stuff.

I also played Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, which had a fantastic ending that I can't go into any further detail on. Something people should experience with no spoilers whatsoever.

And finally, I just completed a playthrough of Bioshock Infinite. I've said before I'm not particularly into first-person shooters, but this adds so much to the formula through its story-telling and vibrant world.

Next up is Tomb Raider. Good old PS Plus.

Just a few more:

Dead or Alive Ultimate - Now it is getting harder to buy Xbox games where I come from apart from the odd find or two [like Fable: The Lost Chapters or Midnight Club 3 Remix] so had to resort online to get them. One of them being this game since where I look in the shops, they only have the first disc [the Saturn game] and not the second [remake of 2]. Anyway, ordered it and came very quickly.

Played the first game and it felt like Virtua Fighter, probably closer to Virtua Fighter 2 without the floaty jumps and slightly different mechanics, had a quick go and enjoyed it but it wouldn't be something to play for a long time. It is also a novelty of actually playing on a proper Saturn game for the first time.

The second one however I had problems. When I put it in my Xbox, first time it crashed after the warning screen and second time after the title screen it came up with the dirty/damaged disc screen and got worried, I thought here I go have to take it back and it was puzzling since there were no scratches on it [both discs were in very good condition] until I had a thought in my head. I knew Ninja Gaiden was a dual layered disc from info online and is picky about it but it seemed that Dead or Alive 2 was the same since it was same developer so I changed my Xbox to the other one [have two, one has the Thomson drive that can't read dual layer discs such as Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive 2, GTA 3 and the other with a Samsung drive that can run them but the drive sticks and have to push it in to read them] and it worked!

Played it as Ryu Hayabasa and got to the end, enjoying it and also played on Survival Mode and also liked the big man who looks like a beefy Indiana Jones [bass?].

New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Getting there, still enjoying the game even though on one of the castle stages (7 Mini Boss) I lost half my lives since after the checkpoint you die it is harder to make it through the stage sometimes with unfair enemy placement making it hard to react. Weirdly playing the stage again, did it first time getting the last star coin.

Ratchet & Clank 3 - After completing the first two games and took a little break, started on the 3rd game. Already my first impressions were that presentation feels better, enjoying the gameplay more which is hard to say since I've enjoyed Ratchet & Clank 1 and 2 but already found the game a bit harder than the first two since the developers thought that people have already played the first two and up the difficulty. Also while enjoying the game, from what info that I've gathered it seems to be shorter than the first two? Since there doesn't seem to be as many planets and there is now like a hub planet but still go on the ship to change levels.

haha, god

Okay, as you know, I've been replaying the Star Force games. I had already played 1 and 2 before, but never 3. I heard 3 was the best.

It really is, but not for the reasons I imagined. This game gets almost everything wrong imaginable. And it does it in the fucking silliest ways.

Somehow the aliens from the first game survived even though I killed them all. Everyone seems to know who Omega-Xis is even though Geo does everything in his power to keep his existence a secret. Omega-Xis is such a braindead meathead that doesn't want to do anything but beat the shit out of things, even though the first game taught him how to feel empathy for others. Sonia is just... what. Zack is the same, and Bud is his one-note self from 2. Luna... spoilers.

Luna gets blown up by some guy with supernatural powers or some shit into 6 pieces. He turned her body into EM waves and scattered it all over the place. Geo and the crew whine and shit and then learn that she's still alive from, I shit you not, her purpose with them. Purpose is basically something that people in a brotherband group form together for a common goal. That's right, she's alive from the power of friendship.

This game is a fucking riot, I can't believe this is supposed to be considered part of the same series.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently replaying Metal Gear Solid 2 (HD collection).

I'm trying to collect all 'Dog Tags' off of the guards which will unlock a PSN trophy. This means having to play through; Very Easy, Easy, Normal, Hard and Extreme modes holding up the guards and forcing them to depart with their Dog Tag. I have collected all Dog Tags before on the PS2 version (152 in the Tanker chapter and 242 in the Plant chapter in total - split across the difficulty settings). It's so boring having to play through the game five times. Sadly MGS2 is rather boring when it comes to replay value. I've got all the Dog Tags on Very Easy, Normal and Hard mode. Just Easy and Extreme modes left.

Once that's done there is the small matter of 100%ing the MGS2 missions to get the last trophy, which consists of about 500 in total (350 VR missions and 150 Alternative missions)......

So after I came away from Yoshi's New Island thinking it was, in many respects, inferior to the also mediocre Yoshi's Island DS, I decided to replay the latter.  ...And get 100% on all levels.  Because apparently I hate myself?

It's not all bad so far.  Far fewer invisible clouds, although there's a bit in 2-3 where you have to throw yourself into a deep and bottomless pit in order to get two red coins that have no business being there.  There are plenty of new locations and new enemies.  The enemy museum is a great feature that really should have returned.  I wouldn't say I'm enjoying myself, exactly, but there is variety here, invention.  It feels, what's the word... new.

I finished Ni no Kuni yesterday. Loved every minute. I'll try to 100% it but I'll give it a break for now.

Thanks to the Easter PSN sale I managed to get Tales of Xillia for about £10. I really, really like it, especially the battle system, which is very fresh to me. The characters are relatable, the script is pretty good, the story is not a mess like FF XIII and has lots of plot twists and the innuendo jokes are amazing. I'll definitely get the sequel.

I've been playing the ever living hell out of Pokemon X as of late. I'm trying to at least complete the Kalos Pokedex. Hopefully, with enough luck on the GTS and Wondertrade I may be able to eventually complete my National Dex too.

Whelp, Tomb Raider 2013 has been completed. I only ever played the second game of the original series, and I knew this was different going in. I have to say, i'm glad they changed it up a bit. Ok, its taken a lot of cues from Uncharted, but that's not really a bad thing. I thought the combat worked well, and Lara's progression as a character was also enjoyable. I doubt I'll go back to find all of the hidden items and Challenges, but I did do the thoroughly pathetic Tombs. They weren't even puzzles!

I've picked up Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney, and I don't think I'm that far in it (just finished the first trial in Labyrinthia). And yet apparently I've played over 8 hours? I'm either being really thick and slow with the puzzles, or I'm just exploring every nook and cranny, drinking in the superb presentation (some voice work aside). Probably a bit of both, to be honest.

Thanks to PS Plus, I am now on Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. It feels just like the PS2 iterations, but I get the feeling it followed that blueprint a little too closely. I have just reached the Ice Age and I am having fun, but maybe the series reached its logical conclusion with Sly 3. I'm still gonna Platinum it though.

Just starting Wind Waker HD.

The graphic is so majestic, I almost felt the urgency to put on the sunglasses cool.png

Several!

Project Diva 2nd, Idolm@ster Shiny Festa: Funky Note, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Sonic Generations, Sonic CD, Mario Kart 7, LoZ: OoT 3D, AC:NL

Oh god why do I do this to myself

I've been playing a load which isn't good as it's building up.

Borderlands, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX, LA Noire, Project X Zone, Ratchet and Clank (future): Tools of Destruction, Tomb Raider Anniversary.

Backlogs are a pain, these aren't even all the games I need to beat.

Yay. Just completed Ratchet & Clank 3 last night and most likely will play Size Matters next (skipped Deadlocked/Gladiator) in that series.

Very recently have been playing Mighty Switch Force 2 and I found it quite a charming game. It's like the original [puzzle based platformer] except that you are a firefighter now so instead of bullets, it is a hose to water down the flames and enemies. Also there are babies to find in the stages and for some reason Patricia kicks them? Eh? Already I am at 60% complete and only played it for two days but it is getting harder though especially the one that I'm on that you have to switch the pipes to flow through the water.

Like Crash though, I also have a backlog to clear and since Ratchet & Clank 3 is complete (my main focused game), need to find a main game pretty soon which is harder said than done. Have been testing Jet Set Radio Future, Xenoblade Chronicles and Metal Slug Anthology last night, found two of them enjoyable so far but only tested 10 minutes to see if the discs work and not enough to have an opinion so it is most likely them. JSRF seems good control wise and already familar with the Metal Slug series, just have to get used to throwing the bombs with the Wii Remote. Xenoblade though I have to find or get a nunchuk/classic controller since it wouldn't get past the title screen and it is a long game so probably some point in June then for that one.

I finally beat Jak 2 tonight! Now all I gotta do is collect every single Precursor Orb...oh boy. *slump*

Anyway, now that I've played it and finished it what do I think? Well, I remember first seeing this game as a 13 year old and thinking "WTF is this?!" I didn't like the darker tone, weapons and sandbox style gameplay and the swearing was sorta unnecessary. Now that I've actually played the game however, I have to say I really regret not playing this back then! It was pretty good, not great but hey, I enjoyed it!

The missions were (mostly) fun, the different mini games and gameplay mechanics worked quite well and the weapons were great and handy to use! The story was also good and had some surprising twists in it. Luckily they didn't swear as much as I thought they would in game (unlike ShtH...) and the script was funny and mostly kept the charm of the first game. think the only flaws with this game are the vehicles being mostly a pain in the arse, forgettable music and a lack of checkpoints! The latter was especially frustrating for me because some of these missions are hard as hell.

Overall, this game is not better than Jak and Daxter, but that could be my nostalgia speaking. It was good and I had fun with it and all but nah, I still lurve my original Jak and Daxter. <3 Let's see now what Jak 3 is like. It better blow me away!

8/10 for Jak 2!

Well then, I'll go ahead and tell some of the things I played while I was gone and what I'm still working on at the moment as well.

First, I played through Pokemon Y. It is a decent pokemon game and a good length too it. If you have played any of the other pokemon games, it is still a good game to play. I do wish they had brought back the vs seeker still, but other than that, it seems like a good pokemon game. It took me a bit to get through the entire game, which is a good thing. I think some of them can sometimes be too short. Also there was no real need to spend hours to catch up to sudden level spikes. Black was bit time guilty of level spikes that would completely stop the action of the game. The one big complaint though is that I cant get my pokemon out of Black 2 into this game without having to pay for a separate app, which I don't want to do. If I am mistaken then correct me, but still, the game is good over all and would definitely play it again.

Second was Sly 4 on PS3. I did like how the game played. It completely reminds me of some of the last games and that is a very good thing. Some people may not like that it is a bit similar in that way, but to me, it is easy to get back into the game if it has been while since you played a Sly game. The only real complaint I have with it is the obvious very bad plot twist during the game that ruins a character for the series in a way. Other than that, I liked playing it and it wasn't hard to get a platinum on it.

Finally, I'm currently working through Dynasty Warriors 8. If you liked the other games in the series, you would enjoy this one. I've already beaten the game and its side mode, ambition mode, but now I'm trophy hunting. This is where I have been the last several weeks. This, like the others, has alot of grind worthy trophies, and if you want them, you have to work work and work some more just to get them. This is another one of those games where I think the trophy people went a bit overboard. Either way, it is another good entry in the series.

That's what I have been doing video game wise over these past months, with a bit of Minecraft on the side.

For the past few days and managed to finish it last night, I have been playing DuckTales: Remastered (physical PS3 version) and have enjoyed it even with a few problems.

What I really liked about the game was that it felt like the cartoon; having most of the original voice actors and found the story/cutscenes to be pretty good (but not every time so they have to be skipped if I just want to play a stage). One thing apart from improved graphics, music and the different layouts are the touches from the surrondings to how the characters reacted and the personalities. Now I've only seen some episodes of Season 1 since Season 2 with Bubba and Fenton/Gizmoduck didn't seem to air where I come from but they do seem fitting in the game. One thing that bothered me with the NES game was the inaccurates of some characters, a few are understandable since of the limitations of the console and strangely like the Terrafima King are exact however some like Scrooge himself are completely different to the cartoons (his character design is from the comics) even if the NES could do that blue coat. With the Remastered game, they feel just right and fixed some design problems too like the two of the same duck on the Stage Select of the original. Plus really enjoyed the boss battles especially

the new one with the plane fighting Glomgold

. Also there does seem to be references towards another Disney game called the Lucky Dime Caper

when Louie, Dewey and Huey are locked up in cages just like the first 3 stages of that game and the final boss involves Magica de Spell since she was the main villain

Sadly there were a few problems letting it down, first is the collision detection being a bit iffy and it seems to be a WayForward thing since I've experienced that on the Mighty Switch Force games and Double Dragon Neon as well, the other is that the pogo is a bit buggy and seems to stop on certain platforms.

Also tested RalliSport Challenge 2 and seems to be a good game however will play something else until the end of next month.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been playing this for a while now and I highly recommend it if any of you ever gets a PS4. The game is called 'Knack' without the quotes of course. It surrounds itself around this world of humans who are sort of at war with the goblins. Relics from some ancient civilization powers their cars, planes and generators. This is where Knack comes in he is a golem made from those relics but it was that key piece that let him become Knack the orb that the doctor found and made him with. Knack can grow to up to 10 stories high in this game using the relics and other materials. The fact that Knack can act and think and talk for himself makes this game a very fun game.

The music and backgrounds are very nice too though. It really introduces the capabilities of a the PS4. 

I haven't completed the game yet but i highly recommend it if anyone were to get a PS4.

At the moment, I'm playing though Final Fantasy VI. I played Final Fantasy VII last month and had a blast with it, so I decided to pick up Final Fantasy VI.

You know what? I think I'm liking this game even more than VII. The characters are a lot more memorable and all have a unique thing to their fight styles, (as opposed to VII's customization thing,) The story is more compelling, and each of the characters (Or so I've noticed so far,) gets a time in the limelight, The world around this one is more fascinating and abstract (That ghost train part was pretty cool.) and even the music has some tracks that stick out. Hell, I'm actually impressed with how the opera scene sounds, especially with the limitations of the SNES.

So in the end, I think FF6 is shaping up to be the better game of the two I played. Though there's a ton more in the Final Fantasy series I'd like to look into, (Particularly IX and X,) So I think it's too early to call it my favorite in the series, but it's gonna be hard to top this one.

Of course Final Fantasy VII is still a lovely game and I'd recommend anyone to try it at least once. 

Playing an obscure game called Mazes of Fate for the GBA.

I picked this game up a while back in a bargain bin at our local general store because why the fuck not.

It's a old-school style dungeon crawler RPG, and it is so much fun regardless of the poor production values.

Just finished Jak 3! So what's it like?

Well, it's a lot better than Jak 2, both story and gameplay wise. There's still the usual vehicles, weapons and missions but they have definitely improved all this from the second game, giving each vehicle better controls and the weapons have more variety in what they can do. The addition of Light Jak is cool too, giving you the ability to heal whenever your light gauge is full and grow wings to fly across platforms (though sadly this and the slowing down time ability are not used often in game). And though some missions are still frustrating, luckily ND must have listened to people's complaints on sparse checkpoints in Jak 2 because they added more checkpoints in this one! Thank God. >>

As for the story, there was a lot more going on here than Jak 2 and I liked how it was a direct continuation from that game. Also being in a new location besides Haven City made the game feel more open and less sandbox, not to mention it felt like there was more platforming in this game than in Jak 2. Oh, and dat random plot twist at the end! I seriously did NOT see that coming! Kudos to ND because that really took me by surprise! XD

So it was better than Jak 2...but was it better than Jak and Daxter? Ehhh I dunno~ again, this is my nostalgia speaking but I do like the first game most. There's something about the first Jak and Daxter that's just so great and when I replayed it a month ago it brought a smile to my face. So Jak 3 is just behind that game, still really good but I prefer the first one! I give it an 8.5/10!

Now if only they could make more Jak games! The ending certainly left it open for another one. Why Uncharted, whyyy?

• Thumbs Up 2

At the moment playing a bit of an oldie but a good one, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time on the original Xbox.

After having problems with the original disc not working, got myself a working copy and actually enjoying the game. Graphics wise is actually pretty good even though the funny thing is that the ingame graphics and the ingame rendered cutscenes look better than the video cutscenes, back then (and even to a degree now) it was the opposite. Story seem pretty good even though sometimes it was hard to hear what the Prince and the woman are saying (games back then didn't require subtitles like they do now).

What I like about it and one of the reasons why it got praise back then was the rewind mechanic where if you goof up, if you have enough sand you can go back to before you died and found it very handy. Fighting the enemies especially where I am at now is a challenge but felt rewarding when I've defeated them. It even has parkour moves and not only were they easy to perform (compared to a certain Sonic game) but also fun to do, always preferred running on walls than to jump from pits.

The only problems so far is that jumping seems to be a bit unresponsive especially when it comes to wall jumping having to mash the A button and hope for the best. Another problem is that on my disc had a Void Warranty sticker on it so I'm worried that I might not be able to complete the game but hope for the best...

I pre-ordered Dark Souls 2 so I am giving that a spin and am having a blast with it.

Doing a FemShep Renegade playthrough of Mass Effect 3. I've lost about half of my squadmates in the Suicide Mission, and have done some pretty devious acts in the previous games that will clearly bite my war assets in the ass. 

Currently I'm playing Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD. Specifically the Final Mix portion of the package.

So far I like this game. I just beat Monstro and am beginning Halloween Town. Traverse Town, Wonderland and Deep Jungle were all just plain awful. Traverse Town is too plain of a level, Wonderland is just kinda boring and Deep Jungle is just...no. Its a directionless monotonous mess thats overstays its welcome to a painful degree. The gameplay in these levels isn't really that great either. The gimmicks in Wonderland and Deep Jungle feel clunky to use, and the section in Traverse Town where you have to trigger scenes with Donald and Goofy is weirdly designed. The combat during these levels is pretty boring too since all you're left with is a few magic spells and your basic combo. The second forced visit to Traverse Town is pretty awful just for the reason that its Traverse Town and its inherently bad.

Buuut, Agrabah is awesome. Theres no silly collecting gimmick or as much backtracking and its mostly straightforward combat and exploration. Monstro isn't too bad either. The theme of being inside a giant sea creature and the aesthetics remind me of Jabu Jabu from Ocarina of Time. And its also nice that you are given more options in combat at this point.

I don't like how empty the worlds are. They seem less like locations based on Disney movies and more like barren colosseums for Sora and Heartless to fight in. The only world where it really makes sense is Monstro. The could have sprinkled more NPCs all over Traverse Town, and maybe even added some animals in Deep Jungle rather than just keeping it empty. Agrabah is...aggravating because its supposed to be a big booming city full of people but instead it feels like 28 days later: Disney edition. And it seems like this is a problem which persists through the entire series.