Awoo.

What game are you currently playing?

HelenBaby

I'm currently playing through The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD. So far, due to real life obligations, I've only made it up to the Forsaken Fortress stealth section so far. Still, I must say: the game simply looks lovely. Oh, I can't wait until I get to the final boss -- it already looked awesome in the GameCube original!

I'm playing Pokemon White 2. I beat the league in my Nuzlocke, so now for the myriad of postgame areas the rules are lifted, and it's a relief. My team is Amoongus, Starmie, Conkeldurr, Gigalith, Vanilluxe, and a Ducklett Fly slave (who took the place of my Crobat who died during the league). Most of them only joined in the extreme late game as I lost half of my team in Victory Road after already losing two in the Giant Chasm. Conkeldurr in particular joined between Victory Road and the Elite Four, and both Gigalith and Amoongus joined not too long before that.

Stoutland was probably my most brutal loss though, the only team member who lived to see every single gym battle. But I lost other great Pokemon on the way too. Cofagrigus, Emboar, Bisharp (we hardly knew ye), Scrafty, Aggron, and Lilligant. the endgame was NOT kind.

But yeah, just finishing up everything really.

I finished Uncharted: Drake's Fortune 2 days ago, and I have to say that this game can be pretty crap sometimes. The story and platforming parts are great but the gunplay is ass. The enemies take SO MANY BULLETS to kill and there are some insanely cheap sections too. Nathan himself ain't that agile either so good luck dodging all that spam! Ugh, I got so frustrated with this game...

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves however, is flippin' fantastic. I just started playing that yesterday and it addresses everything wrong with the first game. There is more level variety, you actually have stealth attacks, you can shift from cover to cover with ease, the guns hit a lot harder, the level design is far better, you don't have to use gimmicky motion controls to throw grenades (the grenade mechanics in general are miles better) and the graphics and cinematics are pretty phenomenal. From what I've played so far, I'd say that it deserves the praise it has.

I am currently playing Phantom Hourglass. So far it's very underwhelming especially compared to Wind Waker and I sort of just figured out that you have to close the DS to get that courage mark, how the fuck are 2DS owners gonna make it past that part? I'm really hoping Spirit Tracks is better because that's next, followed by Four Swords Adventures. Then I will have beaten the entire Zelda series. I seriously want to let's play every game in hyrule historia order, but I have no capture cards...

I'm rerererereplaying 3D Land again! This time, it's for my wait for 3D World. This game is seriously a lot of fun. I love to pick it up every now and then and every time I do, it's always a blast. After I've played it for two years, I have most of the levels memorized to a tee. Although the SW8-Crown level of that game is balls of the walls hard, this is something everyone should try out! Can't wait to get my hands on 3D World!

I've finally beaten Grid 2 for the PC and I have to say I have mixed feelings about this game.

First off it was nice ending the WSR at the Chicago street circuit to show how far you have come as a bookend to the first Chicago race but I feel that it could have been played out better on one of the other racing venues such as the Yas-Marina racing circuit as it is a much more spectacular venue to have the final race especially at night with the structures lit up and fireworks going off making for an epic season finale.  Also I have a love-hate relationship with this game as there are some rather frustrating moments such as rubber band AI even at lower difficulties resulting in car meeting armco quite often due to the number of street circuits in the game, limited track selection again due to the street circuits outnumbering the official tracks, and a limited car selection most likely due to licensing issues.  The good moments with this game is that the tracks that it does have they are presented quite nicely lending themselves to a nice race day feel, cars are modeled well across a variety of graphical settings, online gameplay works well with little lag so far against other humans though it could change as I delve deeper into the multiplayer modes, and the overall menu presentation is fairly nice with some nice music in the background.

Would I recommend Grid 2 to a long time racing veteran?  Not really as the game has arcade style handling plus the lack of real world race tracks might put them off but to a new person to the racing genre it is a nice alternative to the Need for Speed series though it is best to purchase it during a sale/price drop especially the Reloaded Edition for PC and PS3 as it has all the DLC included in it.

Currently working on a somewhat rare Dreamcast game called Tech Romancer, and finaly beat my first storyline yesterday, and boy what a blast. Not only are there 9 playable characters at the start, each with their own unique story(and almost all with at least on alternate path in that story, and apperently there are at least 4-5 more unlockable characters each with their own unique story. Gameplay isnt the tightest or best or tightest I have played in a capcom game, but for its roughness its rather fun and easy to use, especialy with the smaller and easier to master movesets, and ease of 3-D motion

Oh and did I mention you play as giant robots and can crush cities under your feet during battle? or that the robot designs were made by the Gundam developers, and the story is by the robotech guys, so while wacky(and seems extremely anime) it also means its quite large and expansive. May have had to pay on the higher side, then again last sunday was the first time I had ever even seen a copy(yes its definately on the rare side for a DC game), but definately worth it for the single player experience alone, and I havent even tried the VMU minigames(still need to get a battery for the darn thing), or the multiplayer, and cant wait to pplay it more

I beat Retro City Rampage DX yesterday.  Brilliant game; constantly kept you doing new things and showing you bizarre new sights and scenarios to the extent that I never knew quite what to expect next, what it would demand of me or what would get parodied.  A few points of frustration along the way, but by and large it was really enjoyable and funny, and driving along the pavement knocking people down just never gets old.  There are a few things I'd like to revisit it for, optional content and so on, but in the main I'm trying to clear my eShop backlog before some of March's releases, so next up: Weapon Shop de Omasse.

Been playing through Hard Mode of Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. It's not actually hard. In fact, this is how I wish the game was. I find myself using items, managing gear and swapping badges a heck of a lot more often than my last playthrough. And I really like the extra challenge added that if you get a game over, you have to restart from your last save. It makes you think and plan out your battles beforehand, which is nice. I've also been trying to finish Puppeteer, but I've been slammed with a lot of homework lately so I barely have time. Heck, the only time I have to play Mario & Luigi is on long bus rides. 

I beat Uncharted 2 yesterday. Fantastic game. Easily one of the best sequels of all time. Hopefully 3 is just as good, or better.

I also got the Jak and Daxter and ICO and Shadow of the Colossus collections. I stared playing Jak 1 and I'm really impressed by its vast, interconnected world free from loading times and with a day-night cycle to boot. If Sonic Boom is inspired by this game then I don't mind to be honest.

• Thumbs Up 2

Recently tried Gotham Imposters, and I was hooked. The atmosphere and it's zany kind of battles just made it a different shooter. I laughed out loud whenever I heard someone say "I HAVE VANQUISHED YOU HEROICALLY".

Played Injustice as well. Starting to do better online (Gets crushed 5 times in a row). Not.

I'm also playing some classics on the gamecube, including Sonic Adventure, Mario Golf and Rayman 3. Good old times, huh :)

After getting a stupid test complete for college (dam French...why does it have to be so hard to understand a language dry.png...), I got some more games for my Vita :). Got the PSP Prince of Persias (Warrior Within, Two Thrones and The Forgotten Sands) along with Flow in addition to play the PS+ freebes SFxTK and ModNation Racers.

I have to say, I'm really impressed with the quality of the Two Thrones PSP port as while the game does look a bit muddled and has some frame rate drops here and there, the fact Ubisoft Casablanca got a PS2 game more or less running solid on a PSP is very impressive of itself. The controls are great with the PSV's second stick helping with the camera (gotta love mapping the d-pad/buttons to the right stick happy.png) and the visuals still looking really nice compared to the Wii version of the game (never played the PS2 original, just the Wii port that came a year or two latter). The gameplay is classic Prince of Persia (aka its awesome biggrin.png) and the story is still as good as I remember it. Did try the Warrior Within PSP port yet but am looking forward to playing as Prince being antsy and killing things, so thats cool :). Here is a gameplay vid for Two Thrones and Warrior Within :).

The really surprise to me was the PSP Version of Forgotten Sands, which I also own on Wii and PS3. The PSP version is a flat out 2-D platformer that feels GREAT! It (I believe) runs at 60FPS and makes great use of the Princes acrobatic abilities in addition to smart implementation of the powers Prince got in the Wii and PS3 versions of the game (you can't make the sand platforms anymore, but can make time go faster to make them rise). The game looks great and the story in this version is still good, so for 5 bucks it was a great purchase happy.png.

As for Flow...I just don't get it. Flower controlled great with the Vita's Gryro, but this...controls for lack of a better term, like ass. You can't shift your direction right/left and the way to move up/down feel akward, but at least this comes with the PS4/PS3 versions so I can play those at least smile.png.

Street Fighter X Tekken was a nice surprise to me. I remember hearing all kinds of hate toward this; "Crapcom is scaming us of money for half the roster locked behind a 20 dollar DLC paywall", "The gem machanic removes all skill", "The Tekken cast doesn't play like how they did in the Tekken games", "WHERE IS TKxSF!!!"  To say it was toxic was they understatement of the year was putting it lightly back in 2012 when this came out but I got it for free for PS+ and have been really enjoying it happy.png. The controls mostly feel great on Vita (heavy kick is really uncofterable to use with it mapped to the Vita's L Button) and the roster is really awesome; from classic SF characters I've known from the Capcom Vs. games returning, really bizarre guest fighters like Cole from Infamous and fat ass MegaMan, and the really fun characters from Tekken make fights lots of fun to play biggrin.png! I don't know if this is a great fighter, as I'm very inexperienced with the genre, but I find the game a ton of fun to play and the fact its one of the Vita's best looking games does help with that too (Native Res + 60FPS...that's impressive man).

ModNation Racers Road Trip is the last game I've been playing lately and its better than I expected it to be. Places like NeoGaf and the like trash the Vita version for it running bad but I felt it ran fine enough for me; it controlled well enough and the games more forgiving nature does help a lot. The gameplay was the really surprise to me, as it takes the idea of drifting to build of boost like in Mario Kart/Sega All Stars and turns it on its head. As you drift, you build up a meeter that can be used to Boost OR Shield yourself from incoming attacks. That is a very smart gameplay feature, which makes races lots of fun to play and NEVER feel cheap; if you don't have enough meeter to shield yourself, well, don't boost so much. The game also has LBP-itis, meaning that you can make tracks/characters for the world to see and download tracks/racers that others have made. The best part is that this version of Modnation is fully compatible with the PS3 content made for its version of ModNation, so you have ALOT of tracks/characters to play with. It's overall a great free game for Vita :).

I've been blazing Jak and Daxter lately. I currently have 91% completion. All I need to do now is get everything in the Lava Tube and the final level.

I've also been playing Shadow of the Colossus (the HD/PS3 version). This game is so beast. My only complaints are the barren wasteland this game takes place on, and increasing your stats by eating fruit and lizard tails which kinda gets tedious after a while.

Been playing through Wind Waker HD since Christmas, though I've blazed through the game faster than I expected in about a month's time (compared to my playthrough of the original, which ate up most of a semester way back in the day). I've been kind of on and off with it while I work on other things and also because I wanted to fill out my map for the first time and clear some sidequests. I'm pretty much ready to go after Ganondorf, I've just been delaying it. I kinda don't want it to end yet. Still a really fun game, and all the little improvements only enhance an already great experience.

Also got my copy of Wonderful 101 the other day and spent a few hours with it. This is video games on crack! It's just so ridiculous and over-the-top, it always gives me something to laugh at. The gameplay's pretty tight, and I'm getting the hang of using the Wonder powers, though I can't say the right stick always does what I want it to do. Really enjoying it so far, and can't believe I was on the fence about it for so long despite hearing nothing but good things about it. Also glad I got it new and cheap, which is always a plus.

Course, the only downside to getting Wonderful 101 now was that I was planning on finally sitting down and playing through The Last Story. Guess it'll be a little longer before I finally complete all the Operation Rainfall titles (already finished Pandora's Tower and Xenoblade, both of which I really enjoyed).

I got Scribblenauts Unlimited and Animal Crossing: New Leaf yesterday. They're really fun!

I've been playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf since yesterday. It's fun!

Metal Gear Rising: Revengence and Jak & Daxter HD Collection. 

For those who recommended the former to me...I thank you.

• Thumbs Up 1

I restarted my pokemon black 2 after beating Y since I have nothing to do but raise pokemon and complete the pokedex.

I'm playing as the adorable girl whom I was gonna name Reimu but ended up naming her Pocky and the rival Rocky for lulz. I was considering trading pokemon from my Black 1 but I wanna team build a bit from scratch again. I am coming up with creative names for pokemon again like FancyFeast, Psycho, and Nobunaga. I might as well have fun with this game right?

I 101% completed Jak and Daxter today and started playing a little bit of Jak 2 (I have the HD collection).

Jak 2 is so much darker from the get go, the curse words definitely drives that home...lol. The graphics and models have far more polish too and the world seems even bigger. I guess you rely more on vehicles to get around in this game. Jak having a voice is very much welcome also.

Dark Souls! I've actually managed to make some progress with little assistance too. 

Someone DID tell me about the Drake Sword though so maybe it's not so impressive.

Regardless, it's actually really fun. The targeting system in paticular is pretty much flawless when it comes to taking on multiple enemies. Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, take some notes.

I'm also about to start up Okami when it finishes installing.

I 101% completed Jak and Daxter today and started playing a little bit of Jak 2 (I have the HD collection).

Jak 2 is so much darker from the get go, the curse words definitely drives that home...lol. The graphics and models have far more polish too and the world seems even bigger. I guess you rely more on vehicles to get around in this game. Jak having a voice is very much welcome also.

Just...be prepared to be frustrated man. Jak 2 may be a great game...but its just so dam difficult :(. Good luck with beating it :). If you decided to play Jak 3, do it. Its just...such a wonderful game.

I've been playing Borderlands and Project X Zone, I've played Borderlands for about 3 hours and I've surprised myself by how much I've been enjoying it! PXZ seems good too but I haven't really touched it yet.

Jak 2 Renegade is ridiculously hard in some places due to having an abysmal checkpoint system, so make sure you make every shot count as ammo dwindles away quickly early in the game, also keeping your distance and keeping on the move is crucial to your survival since you can't strafe (for some ungodly reason) so just be careful.

I finished Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 over the weekend, and even though the game was fun, they added some questionable gameplay choices that brought my enjoyment down a whole lot, the ending made me incredibly mad too, that's why I was angry on Sunday night if you were wondering, it was good but overall I was disappointed with the choices made and the story ending sigh.

Now the only game I want is MK8 in May.

I finished Weapon Shop De Omasse the other day - saving the postgame, anyway, as I don't think I have the patience for Endless Evil Lord Mode.  I'm not really a big rhythm game fan, I just enjoyed the aesthetic, and the dialogue and characters were pretty good fun.  I don't know if it did quite enough to disguise the fact that you were just doing the same thing over and over again, though.

That done, I've returned to Steel Diver: Sub Wars to grind up a decent multiplayer record to unlock more submarines to continue the single-player mode.  I'm normally dismissive of multiplayer, but it is pretty good fun; I'm finding myself surprised to enjoy so much the slow-paced gameplay.  Still, I wish they hadn't confined quite so much of the gameplay unlocks to the multiplayer.

I also gave the AeternoBlade demo a go.  I've heard it's not a great demo, but... I'm not really interested in combat-focussed games where you stick in place slowly attacking like you're wading through molasses and for all the button-mashing you do the first and easiest enemy in the game requires like a dozen hits before it goes down.  I didn't like it in the Mirror Of Fate demo, I don't like it here, and it just makes me want to go back and play a good Castlevania game again, really.

And speaking of Lords Of Shadow...

I finished Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 over the weekend, and even though the game was fun, they added some questionable gameplay choices that brought my enjoyment down a whole lot, the ending made me incredibly mad too, that's why I was angry on Sunday night if you were wondering, it was good but overall I was disappointed with the choices made and the story ending sigh.

Careful with that criticism; Mercury Steam's boss has decided that anyone who gives their game a low rating is "blind and stupid."  What a pleasant bunch.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Jak and Daxter last week, first time I ever completed it 100%. All of the precursor orbs, power cells, everything!

It's definitely easier than when I first played it back in 2002 (no lives, no game overs...wut), which really surprised me but gosh was it fun! I still remembered almost everything from my first playthroughs years ago; the music, the funny cutscenes and the loveable characters. Daxter is amazing, love him! The gameplay itself is fun too and while it's yet another collect-a-thon game I think they did a really good job with it!

I then started Jak 2 straight after getting all a platinum for Jak and Daxter. I never played this one nor Jak 3 but luckily I already knew what was in store for me since I looked up clips and such back when the game was coming out. I uh...didn't like it. Oh back then, not now! I've only played about 2 hours and it took a little while to get used to vehicles and the city itself but I'm thoroughly enjoying it! I like Dark Jak, who plays like a much better Werehog, and while the dark tone and swearing is there it doesn't overshadow the cartooniness and charm that's still there after the first game. And Jak speaks, which I like! Funny how Daxter sometimes references this fact too.

I hope I can finish Jak 2 soon so I can post my short review here!

Currently back to playing DC Universe Online, and i'm on a quest to get my combat rating high enough to do raids. I also play the occasional Star Wars: The Old Republic, but mainly just to do flashpoints with friends. When I'm on the go, I bring my 3DS and a copy of Pokemon X. Since it was free for a limited time, I picked up Dungeon Defenders, but I'm mainly playing that with friends as well.