Awoo.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance : Let 'Er Rip!

Carbo

The soundtrack is up on Spotify, I feel I should mention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMyXbdi4VGE

So heavy, so dynamic. Said it before but it's easily my favorite action game soundtrack. I can't wait to play the rest of the game.

Holy shit. They really went all out for the soundtrack didn't they. I love this.

Well after getting this game, I have to say that this is probably the best action game I have played that isn't Devil may cry 3/4, viewtiful joe, sonic unleashed (if it counts) or anything else that's 4 or so years old and honestly, this being the first MG game I have ever bought it has the perfect amount of stealth and action I have always wanted out of the series cause while it is fun being stealthy, knowing that I won't die from being spotted is a plus for me.

"Metal Gear Gaiden".  

I don't think stealth was very well integrated into the game, but I do like that it seems to be technically possible to do a no kill run.  

And man but do some things about this game remind me of human revolution.

Any by the way, couldn't Raiden have uploaded the senator's speech to clear his name?

First off...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU MONSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

God I HATE him HATE HATE HATE HATE HIM.

Really rubbing salt into the wound when you have to fight him TWICE

Otherwise this game is fucking amazing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Good 'ol days of 9-11? Boy was that a bold line in the script.

First off...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU MONSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

God I HATE him HATE HATE HATE HATE HIM.

Really rubbing salt into the wound when you have to fight him TWICE

Otherwise this game is fucking amazing.

Oh god, YOU DO!? FUCK I CAN'T EVEN BEAT THE FIRST ONE! FUCK! Otherwise, I haven't been this engrossed in a game in ages.

Edited by Strength

Oh god, YOU DO!? FUCK I CAN'T EVEN BEAT THE FIRST ONE! FUCK! Otherwise, I haven't been this engrossed in a game in ages.

I dunno, but I just pay attention to the bosses and parry them whenever they try to pull something.  Otherwise I just hack away at them until a blade mode scene or something happens.

Sundowner didn't take too kindly to that strategy however.  He punishes you

hard for hacking away at him like a madman.  The next few bosses don't particularly like that strategy either.

Anyways, I beat the game on Normal and all I have to say is that this game is absolutely phenomenal.  The combat's just so fast, fluid, and fun.  There's a bunch of customization options and shit so I can really mix and match the way I play.  Hell, even the stealth works surprisingly well seeing how this game is a balls off the walls action game at heart.

There's only one moment in the entire game that I hate.

The bridge right after the battle with Blade Wolf.  As far as I'm concerned, the game chooses at random whether or not you're going to survive the bridge.  Run straight?  Dead.  Dodge?  Dead.  Combination of both?  Dead.  Fuck that.  

I'm going to start it up again on Hard mode next.  Try to collect data chip things, hands, and VR missions while trying to unlock everything this game has to offer.

Actually

I found Sundowner to be a pushover, the only reason I kept dying was because I had no repair paste since I used the one from the beginning of the battle to heal myself from Mistral & Monsoon A.I bodies, that and whenever I tried to lay a good combo into Sundowner his little helicopter bitches raped me with missiles. The helicopters DO drop repair paste though, I never caught it since it fucking falls off the building whenever they drop!

The best thing to do with sundowner is side step counter him whenever he looks like he's going to attack or back hand you with his explosive armour panels, even when he charges you, you can side step and counter him making him stagger so you can lay into him with the Pole arm to deal some serious hurt, when he puts his panels together you blade mode it, then when he staggers cut those fuckers off, he was piss compared to say, MONSOON that bastard.

Also curious to know if you guys got Cyborg Ninja DLC to work yet? I asked DanJ86 and he can't get his code to work either, I was thinking maybe it's a release day thing for the brits/EU so i'll try again today, but if it doesn't then I got a dud code :/

Fixed, was a timed DLC thing, just had to wait for launch day here for it to activate.

I dunno, but I just pay attention to the bosses and parry them whenever they try to pull something.  Otherwise I just hack away at them until a blade mode scene or something happens.

Thing is though it's hard to block/parry a barrage of Monsoon's attacks before he knocks you back too much and slips in a cheeky combo that staggers you then he absolutely rapes you with his Tactical Sai's

The bridge right after the battle with Blade Wolf.  As far as I'm concerned, the game chooses at random whether or not you're going to survive the bridge.  Run straight?  Dead.  Dodge?  Dead.  Combination of both?  Dead.  Fuck that.  

Really? I did that my first run, and just ran and zig-zagged with ninja run, maybe you just got unlucky? I honestly feel Monsoon was the hardest part so far.

Edited by Black☆Rock Shooter
  • Thumbs Up 1

The problem I kept running into with Sundowner was that my blade would clip one of his other armor panels when I was trying to chop one off.  I also feel the need to mention that that's not how reactive armor works.  Monsoon wasn't a big deal, You just hit him with an EMP grenade when he's doing his body separating shenanigans. Not a very good boss, though, lot of waiting.  

K-9000 is pretty great, by the way.

Meh...I gotta say that as much as I love this game, some of the QTEs are just a no go for me. But I'm like that for almost any game...

At least it's not like Unleashed or Asura's Wrath's QTEs.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Just finished it

Wow, and I mean Wow, this game blew me away and tugged on my heart strings a few times to boot, I think what makes even greater is the stellar soundtrack, it just compliments each boss perfectly

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, I've got Monsoon down to 40% of his health, how the fuck do I block this big ass piece of shit he throws at me...

Edit: Beat him. That fight was basically standing still and parrying and then waiting for him to stop.

Edited by Strength

Ok, I've got Monsoon down to 40% of his health, how the fuck do I block this big ass piece of shit he throws at me...

You run? That's what I did.

Monsoon was definitely the most challenging of the fights for me. I beat him on my first try, but damn that guy just doesn't stand still. Heck, timing the parries was a pain due to how much of himself he literally threw at you.

But damn if the fight wasn't fun. And Raiden's lines just show how much of a different character he has become since MGS2. I really love his new character even more than I did in MGS4.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

You run? That's what I did.

Monsoon was definitely the most challenging of the fights for me. I beat him on my first try, but damn that guy just doesn't stand still. Heck, timing the parries was a pain due to how much of himself he literally threw at you.

But damn if the fight wasn't fun. And Raiden's lines just show how much of a different character he has become since MGS2. I really love his new character even more than I did in MGS4.

I actually parried it, twice and then sliced it up. If anything, I will say that if you haven't gotten parrying down by the time you get to Monsoon, you will by the end of it, because you're gonna be needing it alot. Especially if he does that smokebomb and attacks you from all sides.

Edited by Strength

Just beat the game. Can almost safely declare this as my GOTY, so so soooo good. I want a sequel, heck I'd love this as it's own subseries. Near-flawless, I'm not a fan of the QTE's either, plus the camera is a bit wonky, but those are two small complaints in my book. I need more. 

Also that final boss, haha wow! Flawless. Not so much the fight itself but the character. Surprisingly self-aware, but masterfully presented to the point where I couldn't tell if it was genuine self-awareness or coincidence. 

Just beat the game. Can almost safely declare this as my GOTY, so so soooo good. I want a sequel, heck I'd love this as it's own subseries. Near-flawless, I'm not a fan of the QTE's either, plus the camera is a bit wonky, but those are two small complaints in my book. I need more. 

Also that final boss, haha wow! Flawless. Not so much the fight itself but the character. Surprisingly self-aware, but masterfully presented to the point where I couldn't tell if it was genuine self-awareness or coincidence. 

GOTY? But you've got like 10 months of releases to go through :<

I like how they had a running gag of him burning his chin from close encounters to the point of it being steaming red, and in the last bit he dodges an attack that would cause him to get it, and gets all happy with himself before Armstrong sends him face first across Excellus' and his chin is burning again so he takes a tantrum haha! It's like the face-ground of the Sonic world gag, I hope they keep it.

Also the Football scene with the sound effects and using Raiden as a ball, the humour in this game was delicious.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually parried it, twice and then sliced it up. If anything, I will say that if you haven't gotten parrying down by the time you get to Monsoon, you will by the end of it, because you're gonna be needing it alot. Especially if he does that smokebomb and attacks you from all sides.

Good to know. I never bothered because it looked too dangerous to parry and I got hit twice before deciding not to risk it.

Really, Monsoon's worst attack is when he flings his body at you one at a time at rapid speeds.

And then comes fucking Sam. I got him to 1.3 percent of his health while still having 40% of mine. The bastard managed to kill me before I could get the last hit in. FFFFFFFUUUUUU~

Good to know. I never bothered because it looked too dangerous to parry and I got hit twice before deciding not to risk it.

Really, Monsoon's worst attack is when he flings his body at you one at a time at rapid speeds.

And then comes fucking Sam. I got him to 1.3 percent of his health while still having 40% of mine. The bastard managed to kill me before I could get the last hit in. FFFFFFFUUUUUU~

I'm guessing you had knocked his sword out his hands and he was raping you with dash charges and kicks to the ground? I was wearing the White Armour that boosts your health and has 10 live slots, and he knocked me down to 2 slots and 20% health, he's more dangerous without his sword :l

Also, when I watched Armstrong say "Nanomachines, son.", I laughed my ass off. It's like Kojima knows that the nanomachine thing was stupid and was an excuse for everything in MGS4.

• Thumbs Up 1