Awoo.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance : Let 'Er Rip!

Carbo

afbr6c.gif

It's like every time I've figured out the coolest way to do something, someone comes out and does it better. The release date is so close, yet so far.

That's actually surprisingly easy to replicate.

• Thumbs Up 1

A lot of work went into putting textures inside of things in this game.  I had a cut split the blade wolf's leg in half length wise and there's fairly logical detailing inside it's body and joins in the legs.

A lot of work went into putting textures inside of things in this game.  I had a cut split the blade wolf's leg in half length wise and there's fairly logical detailing inside it's body and joins in the legs.

I know, isn't it awesome?

So I was having trouble with parrying for awhile so I switched it to Easy.

And then I saw the text that you don't get when you play Normal specifically stating that you press the stick towards the attack and press square. Not press on the stick and then press square. They expected the player to play easy first and then play normal.

After this tidbit, I switched to normal and I'm working on a S run.

I had that prompt onscreen for like 80% of the demo and I was playing in normal.

I didn't get it until I switched it. Fucking weird.

Finally played the demo.

This game is the definition of awesome. I loved cutting Gekkos in half, that's what you get for tormeting me in MGS4. I love how you can cut useless stuff like trees or boxes (but not the cat). As for the controls, at first I had to get used to the parry system and I found myself  trying to evade thinking this is Bayonetta. The parry is pretty useful when you get how to use it.

I had a lot of fun with this demo. I will be definitely getting the full version when it releases.

I like how Raiden completely fucks up the area around him trying to cut the cat and he doesn't even graze the feline. lol 

I didn't get it until I switched it. Fucking weird.

Yeah, I went straight to normal and never bothered with Easy mode. My problem was less "I didn't see it" than it was "I didn't notice it" until the second time Bladewolf kicked my ass and I was trying to figure out how to stop his attacks.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

So I played the demo an I though it was awesome...but I need to learn how to evade attacks D:

Also when I first saw Raiden I though he looked like a modern Kakashi Hatake :P

So I played the demo an I though it was awesome...but I need to learn how to evade attacks D:

Also when I first saw Raiden I though he looked like a modern Kakashi Hatake tongue.png

To Parry: Move the analogue stick in a direction + Square (or X) button

To Dodge: Press the Square and Cross (or X and A) buttons at the same time

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 2

I love you so much for telling that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I second this thank god people like you exist to help us in our dire time of needing to know complicated button combinations (no sarcasm).

I love you so much for telling that.

Also after dodging, you can press the X (or Square) button and Raiden will follow up with a counter/rush in attack.

Edit: There's a glitch in where if you cut off the soldier's legs and keep an eye on him while getting out of alert mode, after it goes to caution the soldier will stand up and walk around/run as if he still has legs. But when they spot you, they fall back on the ground and crawl after you. This was in the ZotE demo as well.

Edited by Nintendoga

Great thanks :3

Er...I dunno.

I kinda found the dodge buttons useless when fighting Bladewolf.

Yeah the dodge is there in the game but I wouldn't be using it as your main form of defence. To me the game feels like it's much more about getting up and personal with your enemies and clashing swords. Steel against steel.

So the parry is where it's at °_°

I suppose the dodge or Side Step is pretty much for close shave dodges, when in a group of enemies and proceeding to be kicked up the arse by a Gekko from behind, saved my hide a few times landing me straight into a parry to counter the Gekko's kick.

Oh gawd....dat ENDING....

MY GAWD!

My name is Raiden.....and i can cut literally anything in pieces except a cat. 

Within a span of about a week, this game has gone from completely off my radar to my most anticipated game.The first boss just sets the tone perfectly. This game just looks fucking glorious.

Edited by Nick
  • Thumbs Up 1

Looks like that'll be the first level since Raiden is more fleshy and less cyborgy there, haha he even has a bottom jaw, also those enemies patrolling the sewers look scary as fuck, I think i'll be cowering in Snake's box the whole time if more than one is in the room with me xD;

That ending looks like chaos, so much shit happening at once but good god, I bet you'll feel like a god yourself when you play it!

Edited by Black☆Rock Shooter

Well we are playing as a character named after a Thunder God. So...yeah...

I finally played the demo. It's freakin' glorious dood!!
I died about four times, and I wasn't really sure if I should try to be stealthy or go nutz. I did try being stealthy, but was spotted by one guy, then seconds later, a Gekko jumps on my arse. lol
I eventually learned my way around using the parry, but I didn't know about the dodge. All hail Nintendoga!!

Are you supposed to press something when the Hiragana/Katakana(?) appear and everything slows down, after doing an epic finishing move? I couldn't work that out.