Awoo.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance : Let 'Er Rip!

Carbo

I'm guessing you had knocked his sword out his hands and he was raping you with dash charges and kicks to the ground? I was wearing the White Armour that boosts your health and has 10 live slots, and he knocked me down to 2 slots and 20% health, he's more dangerous without his sword :l

No, I was doing fine at that part. It was when he picked his sword back up did he start really fucking me over...

I hate these stupid gorilla UG's... I'm at the elevator part...

Gorilla UG's are easily dispatched, you should really scout the area for them before going in, and taking them out with ninja kills before doing anything since they can fuck your shit up pretty fast, not as bad as those giant mecha things that move pretty damn quickly for their size though :l

Gorilla UG's are easily dispatched, you should really scout the area for them before going in, and taking them out with ninja kills before doing anything since they can fuck your shit up pretty fast, not as bad as those giant mecha things that move pretty damn quickly for their size though :l

I love you so much right now... I have played this game and never knew about ninja kills...

Picked the game up yesterday after following the game a little and playing the demo. I went into it not knowing too much about what I was getting myself into, and I must say, bravo Platinum! I beat it a few hours ago and have one complaint- the length of the game! Oh boy, did it leave me wanting more! It was nothing but hectic combat all the way through!

Picked the game up yesterday after following the game a little and playing the demo. I went into it not knowing too much about what I was getting myself into, and I must say, bravo Platinum! I beat it a few hours ago and have one complaint- the length of the game! Oh boy, did it leave me wanting more! It was nothing but hectic combat all the way through!

Yeah, it's kind of short, but like most of Platinum's games there's a ton on incentive to go back and replay it.  VR missions, hand collecting, data collecting, ranks, testing out your arsenal of toys, etc.  It may be short, but goddamn this is going to be one of those games that I'm going to be playing for a long time even after I collect everything.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think the Mastiffs are pretty much the main reason you want to be stealthy in certain parts of the game, because fighting anymore than 2 at a time will fuck you up due to how fast and strong they are.

Ok, I've got Monsoon down to 40% of his health, how the fuck do I block this big ass piece of shit he throws at me...

Zandatsu? It explicitly tells you to do this.

Monsoon is easy. It's just a matter of learning how to parry and/or finding an opening to use blade mode on him. Either that or just use EMP grenades.

Hang on I see what Nix is talking about now with the bridge scene, for some reason instead of jumping to the safe side automatically like it's scripted to do, I just kept dying, and dying and dying, over and over again it was very rage inducing, it's annoying since you need to hit a certain part of the bridge for the game to take over, I honestly thought my game had glitched up at that point, ridiculous... 

Just finished the Story Mode of Metal Gear Rising. It was a fun game, and it was pretty much Raidens little sidestory, nothing too big like previous Metal Gear plots.

Viewed as an action game, this one was pretty solid. Had a good time, Blade Mode is really something fresh to the genre, it's just mindless fun when in Blade Mode. Go ahead, do what you will in that mode lol.

The combat system is approachable and looks just fancy. The bossfights were really engaging, and seriously, scrapping Metal Gears was never this crazy and over-the-top. I liked the few bits of stealth too, especially the tunnel part when in Denver, where you're left in the darkness, and the part before the final boss fight.

There we're also a few bits where stealth actually matters, in order to save time and avoid heavy combats with a lot of heavy armed foes. Sure, you could take them out, but it would be a hard task to do so. You would be outnumbered and those guys like those mastiffs are able to drain your lifebar to zero in no-time.

But them there is the "ripper" mode lol. It is all action here in Rising.

The music was overall fitting, and very engaging. I usually do not listen to heavy metal, but this one was enjoyable. Graphics where decent to good looking and the framerate was stable most of the time. There we're a few problems with the camera though, and the game is pretty short, but at least, very replayable.

In short, it's like Bayonettas (combat system, many weapons and thus combos to choose from, fancy fighting stuff) and Vanquishs (intense action with great cinematics and flashy lights) love child, with a bit of Metal Gear spirit. (few stealth elements, cardboxes, interessting and /or funny codecs, loveable characters, the sense of humor and of course, METAL...GEAR?)

Crazy ingredients right? But Platinum took that challenge, cooked and baked this one well and it tast- ...I mean it works. Pretty good.

Aanyways, if there is going to be a Rising 2, then so be it. I would not be surprised if we see Raiden once again cut loose and be all Jack again, maybe working with Maverick again andnstuff.

But I guess I still prefer the stealthy stuff from the Metal Gear Solid Series. Roll on, Ground Zeroes!

Edited by StrikeEagleAUT

I think it's a testament to this game's difficulty that I'm getting my ass handed to me on the first boss. I hate parrying in this game.

I think it's a testament to this game's difficulty that I'm getting my ass handed to me on the first boss. I hate parrying in this game.

Better get that shit down fast, you'll be depending on it as it's your only defence, even running away is sometimes rendered useless by some Enemies reach...

I finally picked up the game and I'm really loving it.

I do wish the parrying was a bit better.

It took me a while for me to realize why Metal Gear Ray was such an easy boss to dispatch the way Raiden dispatched it.

Raiden took on 21 unmanned Ray prototypes by himself. So in a sense it makes sense why Ray was beaten so easily despite his size and upgrades.

Better get that shit down fast, you'll be depending on it as it's your only defence, even running away is sometimes rendered useless by some Enemies reach...

I can see that. OH MOTEHRFUCKING DOG, CAT THING.

I can see that. OH MOTEHRFUCKING DOG, CAT THING.

His name is Blade Wolf.

And he's pretty cool. Take my word for it.

SHUT UP, HE'S HARD AS BALLS.

I beat him without parrying.

Just run around him in large circles and when he does his spinning chainsaw attack (preferably the Vertical one), attack him since he's open afterwords.

And you can get health from whatever he summons.

But God help you now.

Edited by Crow the BOOLET

Speaking of Blade Wolf, Platinum have got some DLC coming in the future for missions/story as Jetstream Sam and some Blade Wolf missions too, will be cool to see what he plays like since holy fuck is BW a lot faster than Raiden.

SHUT UP, HE'S HARD AS BALLS.

Oh really? lol

Wait till you get to Mistral then. And Monsoon will make your TV undergo Critical Existence Failure, because he's several times WORSE.

Oh really? lol

Wait till you get to Mistral then. And Monsoon will make your TV undergo Critical Existence Failure, because he's several times WORSE.

1482-epic.jpg

So yeah, I just came back from Gamestop with this badboy. Let's fucking do this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Downloaded the soundtrack. Can't say I'm too big a fan of it on its own (though it does sound very fitting), as I generally really dislike metal.

... That said, Mistral's theme remains one of the coolest fucking things ever.