Awoo.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance : Let 'Er Rip!

Carbo

So hey, this should probably be worth mentioning. Metal Gear Rising topped the Japanese charts last week with 308.681 sold copies. That's surprisingly close to the average first week sales numbers of other Metal Gear Solid games which are usually about 100.000 copies ahead. That also means in it's first week it has also sold more than Bayonetta and all the DMC games except the first two. It entered UK charts in second and third place while also topping a number of other European countries. We won't know of US numbers until the NPD reports but Kojima has confirmed the game is selling good and that he'd want to have Platinum on board for a sequel.

The Clover Curse is finally broken.

• Thumbs Up 6

So hey, this should probably be worth mentioning. Metal Gear Rising topped the Japanese charts last week with 308.681 sold copies. That's surprisingly close to the average first week sales numbers of other Metal Gear Solid games which are usually about 100.000 copies ahead. That also means in it's first week it has also sold more than Bayonetta and all the DMC games except the first two. It entered UK charts in second and third place while also topping a number of other European countries. We won't know of US numbers until the NPD reports but Kojima has confirmed the game is selling good and that he'd want to have Platinum on board for a sequel.

The Clover Curse is finally broken.

A sequel on PS4? Wow, I never imagined that I would see Raiden in so many more games after his first appearance in MGS2. He could end up almost as popular as Solid Snake. Almost...

As for MGR, I have made it to the final boss. Once you have got use to the 'parry' technique (which I should have done earlier), it makes defeating some of the harder enemies much easier. I kind of love the wacky story in this game. I also like that there are a lot more people that you can have codec conversations with-including lots of dialogue, whereas MGS4 was such a disappointment in that regard.

Do you think - in terms of the graphics engine - that MGR looks better than MGS4? I think it does.

Edited by -Bender-

Don't want to spoil you guys so I'll put it in a spoiler tag, but I found concept art for the final boss that's really interesting

tumblr_miypv3qzfG1rar1gco1_250.jpgI'm sorry

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't want to spoil you guys so I'll put it in a spoiler tag, but I found concept art for the final boss that's really interesting

tumblr_miypv3qzfG1rar1gco1_250.jpgI'm sorry

"Propan-....Nanomachines Son! And Nanomachine accessories!"

• Thumbs Up 4

So there's an Angry Joe review now.

He totally fangushed all over the game, but I can see why he came to some of his conclusions in the review.

So aside from the TMNT reference from George, did anyone else notice another (almost) TMNT reference?

Twin Sais, a staff, and twin swords? All we needed was nun-chucks and that would have been golden!

I need help beating the final boss in Revengeance on......Normal difficulty mode

MGR is a good game, however, the cheap and outrageous diffiiculty of the final boss ruins the feel good fact for me. Try as I might, I just can't beat that boss on Normal difficulty setting.

Now before I jump to conclusions, it could simply be the case that I suck at that boss (almost certainly). When I am fighting that boss, I find that:

There is no point in using the Parry system, because even when it works (which is rare), there is virtually no chance to get in some decent hits without taking some serious damage from the Senator.

In some of the cinematic sequences where you have to press a button on the controller or take serious damage, I find that I can't hit the button fast enough.

When the Senator tries to regain strength (that green energy), I find that if I attack him from behind sometimes I stop him from regaining strength. Other times it does nothing.

The sequence where you have to slice the blade precisely (when the Senator throws stuff at you) is just too quick. I manage it about 1 in 10 attempts. I use the right analoge stick. After the first slice (vertical-slightly to the right), I find that the second slice (diagonal to the left) is too high up to work, so I have to move the left analoge stick slighty up before I do that slice to make it work.

All in all it's so frustrating, because I really enjoy the rest of this game. Please help, because I want to master this boss. Why do they have to make bosses so cheap. It really pisses me off.

Edited by -Bender-

Defensive offensive is one of the best moves to utilize.

Zandatsu on his back when he's recharging.

You'll have to realign the camera during the debris section with the left stick and you don't even have to align all the boxes, just 3 of them I think.

Parrying him is one of the best ways to get down his health on Revengeance difficulty so learn it anyways.

I need help beating the final boss in Revengeance on......Normal difficulty mode

MGR is a good game, however, the cheap and outrageous diffiiculty of the final boss ruins the feel good fact for me. Try as I might, I just can't beat that boss on Normal difficulty setting.

Now before I jump to conclusions, it could simply be the case that I suck at that boss (almost certainly). When I am fighting that boss, I find that:

There is no point in using the Parry system, because even when it works (which is rare), there is virtually no chance to get in some decent hits without taking some serious damage from the Senator.

In some of the cinematic sequences where you have to press a button on the controller or take serious damage, I find that I can't hit the button fast enough.

When the Senator tries to regain strength (that green energy), I find that if I attack him from behind sometimes I stop him from regaining strength. Other times it does nothing.

The sequence where you have to slice the blade precisely (when the Senator throws stuff at you) is just too quick. I manage it about 1 in 10 attempts. I use the right analoge stick. After the first slice (vertical-slightly to the right), I find that the second slice (diagonal to the left) is too high up to work, so I have to move the left analoge stick slighty up before I do that slice to make it work.

All in all it's so frustrating, because I really enjoy the rest of this game. Please help, because I want to master this boss. Why do they have to make bosses so cheap. It really pisses me off.

If it helps, you can also choose to cut in blade mode by pressing the Y and X buttons. (Triangle and Square for PS3?) To do either a horizontal or vertical slash.

Also, the cut symbol doesn't appear in the fight to prompt you into blade mode when he's throwing stuff, so I always press and hold the blade mode button early, like before he's thrown the thing.

It's also worth remembering that the buttons you need to press during the cinematic sequences aren't random. The buttons you will most likely need are the X, Y or YB buttons together in this fight. (Or the PS3 equivalent.)

I was playing yesterday and noticed that the VR DLC achievements had already appeared. That was much sooner than I expected. Do we know when the VR missions are going to be released?

Borrowing the game from my friend - I just entered the garden, and I'm finding the game pretty easy on Normal mode. I think I've only died once in combat because I was trying to experiment with the parry, and about two other times by goofing up jumps or something. Maybe I should have tried it on Hard.

• Thumbs Up 1

From what I've heard, Hard really is the best place to start if you don't want to mindlessly go through most enemies. Easy is the "Give me the story!" mode, Normal is the "Hey, I can mash the button and do cool things!" mode, Hard is the "Okay, I'm ready to apply techniques I've learned." mode, Very Hard is the "WHY ARE THERE BLADE WOLFS IN THE FIRST LEVEL D: " mode, and Revengeance is "Holy shit successful parrying nearly kills everything!" mode.

From what I've heard, Hard really is the best place to start if you don't want to mindlessly go through most enemies. Easy is the "Give me the story!" mode, Normal is the "Hey, I can mash the button and do cool things!" mode, Hard is the "Okay, I'm ready to apply techniques I've learned." mode, Very Hard is the "WHY ARE THERE BLADE WOLFS IN THE FIRST LEVEL D: " mode, and Revengeance is "Holy shit successful parrying nearly kills everything!" mode.

Wow this makes me feel like shit because I normal is hard as fuck for me. Thanks. Then again I really don't play action games.

Edited by Noel v2
  • Thumbs Up 3

I had it pretty easy with Normal, Hard wasn't too bad either.  Very Hard just makes me cry.  I'm on the final boss right now and godfuckingdammit, I cannot beat him.

I'm scared to start Revengeance mode.  Especially since I haven't gotten perfect parrying down to an art yet.

I didn't even play normal and went straight for hard.  Maybe its just because I got enough practice parrying out of the demo, but it wasn't too difficult for me.  There were a couple of points where I died a lot, but it rarely felt cheap.  Currently on the final boss for Very Hard.

Wow this makes me feel like shit because I normal is hard as fuck for me. Thanks. Then again I really don't play action games.

Can't say I was intending to hurt feelings, that's just compiled summaries I've gathered from reading a lot of impressions around the net. For what it's worth Normal was wrecking me for a while too. 

Don't feel bad, I struggled with Normal too, I died so many times on Sundowner because of not having any repair paste and those stupid UG choppers :/ I died a ridiculous amount of times on Armstrong because of how much damage he does to you too.

• Thumbs Up 1

I did it. I finally managed to beat the final boss in Normal difficulty. What made the difference was learning the dodge move-pressing square and X (PS3). Made it so much easier to get in some effective combo's.

Thanks for the help guys, especially Carbo, BlueTidalGamer and DanJ86.

You know, I reckon I could complete Hard mode...

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 1

I finished the game on Revengeance. A much longer playthrough than my previous one thats for sure.

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o783/BlueTidalGamer/MGR-RRevengeanceTotalScore1_zpsb2d898f1.jpg

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o783/BlueTidalGamer/MGR-RRevengeanceTotalScore2_zpsc5fdad69.jpg 

Also maxed out the Fox Blade after finishing Revengeance mode. Oh my word this thing is over powered! Fox Blade = Everything dies muhahahahaha!

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

Well made it to Sam... WHAT THE FUCK!

...Yeah, good luck. :lol:

Why is Raiden so amazing, walks around with a Sombrero and a robot dog and gives zero fucks about the whole thing.

• Thumbs Up 5

I just love his new cyborg body, it's pretty badass to gear up to that extreme to take out a few Cyborgs that got on the wrong side of him haha.

Welp, I just beat Revengeance difficulty.  Shit was intense.  I'll have the first five seconds of the final boss theme in my head forever.

• Thumbs Up 1