Awoo.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance : Let 'Er Rip!

Carbo

2:39

New Metal Gear based on a tarantula I bet.

I'm not even sure what this game is about.

Something about Raiden something fighting something.. yeah

The entire game's cutscenes

EDIT: Nevermind it was removed. If ya didn't see it, you were too slow.
The video's as long as a regular MGS4 cutscene.

Shit's funny man, especially the near the final boss.

Edited by Nintendoga

Play UK score the game 91%. Scans provided from  Gamespot forum member Rose_of_May

"Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is a true beast, a 60fps (bar the occasional dip) warrior that manages to straddle the line between its own genre and the lore of a beloved series with the sharpness of Raiden’s blade. This genre has changed, and Platinum is its master.

Our ‘normal’ playthrough clocked in at five and a half hours, which you can add 90 minutes of restarts to. Skip the cutscenes, though, and you can probably take them back off.

Stealth is antithetical compared to everything else

One fight, in fact, could be the best boss battle of all time, from a purely mechanical point of view. And the beauty of them is that you could play them all and not even work out which one we mean. So good are they, that it comes as quite a shock that the final battle is a bit of a letdown.

It might not quite have the imagination of DmC, but Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is another world-class entry in gaming’s most fundamentally playable genre. The combat is faultless, the story bonkers and the bosses some of the finest in gaming history"

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8379/8486669882_77c641ac96.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8248/8485577545_57b19e66fd.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8099/8486669588_3f08290912.jpg

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

Take notes DmC. This is how you write an intelligent story and a political satire that gamers can grasp.

• Thumbs Up 6

Well that, and not piss off the people you want to buy the game by insulting them.

Lots of review scores. So far the scores are looking mostly high. Info comes from some Gamespot forum members.

IGN - 8.5

Eurogamer - 9/10

Gamespot - 8.5

Gametrailers - 9.2

Destructiod - 9/10

Ninemsn - 8/10

Ready Up - 6/100

OPM - 7/10

Metal Arcade - 9/10

TerminalGamer - 8/10

WGTC - 8/10

Gameranx - 6/10

Laserlemming - 9/10  

GamerXChange - 8/10

MKGaming - 7/10

Rev 3 - 6/10

EDGE - 7/10

TGH - 9/10

CheatCC - 8/10

GameInformer - 7.75/10

Gamedot - 9/10

Game Podunk - 9/10

MMGN - 7.5/10

Edited by BlueTidalGamer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Take notes DmC. This is how you write an intelligent story and a political satire that gamers can grasp.

Well that, and not piss off the people you want to buy the game by insulting them.

The Play magazine review BlueTidalGamer posted implies MGR:R should take notes from DmC tongue.png

"It might not quite have the imagination of DmC, but Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is another world-class entry in gaming’s most fundamentally playable genre. The combat is faultless, the story bonkers and the bosses some of the finest in gaming history"

Reviews seem to be affirming that this game is everything I was hoping/knew it would be. Amazing action, great visuals, pumping soundtrack, and a great slice of cheese to go with it all. I got two-day shipping on this one, but it went out early so I'm actually getting it today. I'm hoping it makes it here before I leave for work, not sure how much time I'll have until the weekend to really get into it though.

EXCITE!

Of course the "imaginative" aspects of DmC are heavily undermined by unspectacular game play which MGR trumps in every area.

And what little "imagination" DmC has was ripped directly from El Shaddai. Capcom reps have even admitted it! Everything else is basically a dumbed-down version of They Live with "EVERYTHING BAD IS DEMONS!!!!1111" shoehorned in with literally no subtlety involved. Besides, Limbo was kinda a crapshoot, half the levels have godawful colour palettes and the only reason it looks vaguely interesting is because the 'real world' is unrealistically desaturated like every other 'realistic' game this gen. The level from the demo started to get irritating to look at after a short time.

Yeah, I think I'll take the awesome dismemberment adventures of Raiden over the colour-barf adventures of Donte, thank you.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

The Play magazine review BlueTidalGamer posted implies MGR:R should take notes from DmC tongue.png

Um...yeah, don't care bud. tongue.png

They should have still known not to piss off the people you want to buy the game. Let alone the complete gap in storytelling genre of DmC and DMC franchise (Supernatural, Demonology, Fantasy) and Revengence, if not the whole Metal Gear series, (Science Fiction, Military, Psychological) that throws a dozen monkey wrenches in "not having the imagination of DmC" that Revengence has. It would help if you kept that part in mind.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 5

Um...yeah, don't care bud. tongue.png

They should have still known not to piss off the people you want to buy the game. Let alone the complete gap in storytelling genre of DmC and DMC franchise (Supernatural, Demonology, Fantasy) and Revengence, if not the whole Metal Gear series, (Science Fiction, Military, Psychological) that throws a dozen monkey wrenches in "not having the imagination of DmC" that Revengence has. It would help if you kept that part in mind.

I wasn't saying I think the same as the reviewer, I was just pointing out what the reviewer said because your other post followed BlueTidalGamer's post about the review. I can't judge because I haven't ever played a game from the Metal Gear series, let alone this one outside of the demo.

I wasn't saying I think the same as the reviewer, I was just pointing out what the reviewer said because your other post followed BlueTidalGamer's post about the review. I can't judge because I haven't ever played a game from the Metal Gear series, let alone this one outside of the demo.

I was really just talking about its PR. Turbojet was the one talking about the political satire of the plot, which I agreed with and added on to its PR.

And really, you can't really argue that in favor of DmC when Metal Gear was doing political commentary/criticism/satire at least for the military side several years earlier. As much as the Metal Gear series likes to stretch into the unrealistic with characters like Vamp and The Sorrow, its predominant narrative genre puts restrictions on it, which would be a ridiculous assertion to claim it doesn't have the imagination of a competing game whom's narrative is predominantly in the supernatural where you can almost practically throw anything into it without limits.

EDIT: Also, FUCK Mistral!

And I see those damn Dwarf Gekko are still as annoying as they were in MGS4, if not more so. Little bastards.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Who says this game doesn't have stealth?

So as it turns out, there is a level that encourages stealth...and for good reason too. Three damn Mastiffs are really a pain to fight when all you have is a sword and a polearm, and you're better off avoiding them since they will really screw you over during that period. The system feels a bit counter-intuitive after you first get used to hacking and slashing apart enemies, and the way you use the Box is just odd compared to previous titles. It works tho, but it could be better.

Also, sneaking around playing as the Dwarf Gekko was fun. I really hope we get more Rising in the future, and a better fix of stealth if possible.

The soundtrack for this game is fucking godly, and there aren't many video game sounds tracks I can say I love.