Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

Shadow the Hedgehog may be a shitty game, but it has potential in a few places; if the game was laid out with levels like Circus Park and Cryptic Castle, it would have actually felt like a "darker Sonic game" like it was intended, rather than a Sonic game trying hard to be dark.
Both of these are related to Eggman... I think I see a connection here.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"THIS MUST BEE EGGMANS HEADKUARTARS

THE EEEERBAASSSEEE!!

HOW DOE THIES THIENG STEY AFLOAT

DOESN"T MATTER LETS TEEK IET DOWNNNN!!"

In Sonic Heroes, everyone accualy is Dolan.

Both of these are related to Eggman... I think I see a connection here.

Well I just used those an example, but if you want me to go further; I liked the Digital Circuit, and Mad Matrix.

Well I just used those an example, but if you want me to go further; I liked the Digital Circuit, and Mad Matrix.
I also like Sky Troops. Mostly because of the atmosphere of the level, but also because it's following what happened in a previous level and because I like the ship battle.

"THIS MUST BEE EGGMANS HEADKUARTARS

THE EEEERBAASSSEEE!!

HOW DOE THIES THIENG STEY AFLOAT

DOESN"T MATTER LETS TEEK IET DOWNNNN!!"

I actually dont see anything wrong with that particular piece of dialogue. But yeah, in general Heroes' dialogue was truly among the worst ive ever seen in a game from the 2000's. "Because we're Sonic Heroes". It's been nine years and i dont know how many times ive heard that line by now, and yet i still cringe every single time i do...

I actually dont see anything wrong with that particular piece of dialogue.
The way they say it is pretty funny.

Nowadays I like playing Heroes just to hear the Chaotix's dialogue. They have some proper corkers that other teams just don't.

• Thumbs Up 1

I see potential in every character and every story element, despite the fact that people despise each and every character to the core.

For starters, I didn't mind Big the Cat's existence, a guy like him could bring a laid back atmosphere to an all too heavy plot.

I think Mighty has potential to be more than a Sonic clone if Sonic team toyed with his species more, and went out of their way to make him look less like Sonic.

I thought Mephiles would have been a great villain if he proved to be a little more erratic and crazy to match his mastermind status. (And if the plot worked in the first place, but I'm not arguing about that, I'm arguing about the character.) I can usually stand a mentally unstable villain if he's fun to watch, and when you have Dan Green voicing him, he should be fun to match.

And a bunch more that people won't agree with me on

I think Mighty has potential to be more than a Sonic clone if Sonic team toyed with his species more, and went out of their way to make him look less like Sonic.
Well anything can be anything if you change it into something else.
  • Thumbs Up 4

Well anything can be anything if you change it into something else.

He is an armadillo. He could be the better pinball than Sonic, and his gameplay could focus entirely on aerial ascent and bouncing vs. Sonic's speedy gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 2

SomecallmeJohnny saying Shadow the Hedgehog is worse than Sonic 06. Johnny, I love you, dude, but that's like saying candy corn is worse than milk that's labeled "BEST IF USED BY 06-23-91".

Could be argued. Is Shadow the Hedgehog worse technically than STH '06? Yes. Is it worse conceptually, or in terms of damage it did to the franchise?

Eh...

Edited by Tornado

He is an armadillo. He could be the better pinball than Sonic, and his gameplay could focus entirely on aerial ascent and bouncing vs. Sonic's speedy gameplay.

Or how about Mighty lives up to his namesake and make him an incredibly heavy character while he's in his ball form and it ashes him to smash shit up whoever his ball form lans, it would be (as Dio himself put it) the wrecking ball to Sonic's pinball

• Thumbs Up 4

Sonic 4 is even worse in what it did to the franchise.

Well no, at least not in terms of how the public sees the franchise, because S4 actually got decent reviews. Sure, it's one of those games that the fanbase eventually grew to hate, but i think a games reaction from critics is usually a lot more important than its reaction from fans when it comes to how people in general looks at it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, you don't see many reviewers saying "here's hoping Sonic washed his mouth with soap" compared to the number of reviewers who say "here's hoping Sonic won't be kissing any humans", so...

• Thumbs Up 1

Unpopular Opinion - A lot of Archie's character designs are pretty bad. Now I'll give them credit where credit is due; Nicole's design is sweet, Bernie's redesign is great because she looks feminine, more distinct and doesn't look like her son in drag anymore and I really like how they re-did Sally's design and the redesigns of some established characters was done quite well in regards to making them gel with typical Sonic character design standards but then there's these;

or4jsg.png

You cannot look at Lien-Da's face and not see Knuckles immediately and this is what makes this particular version of her design creepy (Fact; She's 16 here, planning the assassination of Luger with Kragok)

NicWeasel.png

Cross-dressing Nack with an intestine-ponytail? No, it's his sister Nic dry.png

I'm barely scratching the surface with these. Now granted, I think Fleetway was even worse when it came to the design of minor characters because the overwhelming majority that I saw didn't fit in with the Sonic characters at all and made no effort at all to do so.

2v1klxz.png

Good God...

• Thumbs Up 5

or4jsg.png

You cannot look at Lien-Da's face and not see Knuckles immediately and this is what makes this particular version of her design creepy (Fact; She's 16 here, planning the assassination of Luger with Kragok)

Eh, her design's a hit and miss at times. Then again, she and Enerjak are among the few echidna characters I actually give a damn about in the comic, so I may have a tad preference for how she looks.

But I can definitely see your point here.

I'm barely scratching the surface with these. Now granted, I think Fleetway was even worse when it came to the design of minor characters because the overwhelming majority that I saw didn't fit in with the Sonic characters at all and made no effort at all to do so.

2v1klxz.png

Good God...

Those look like background characters you'd see in Goof Troop.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unpopular opinion: while I did dislike many sequences with him, I didn't think Chris Torndryke is essentially a bad character.

montagens_132_Derretendo%20-%20Revolver.jpg

You can do it now.

Edited by Homem

I never cared for him and didn't like his spotlight stealing like most, but I have bigger fish to fry, and dislike other characters far more, like Mephiles and Nega.

• Thumbs Up 1