Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

Chris strikes me as probably the most truimphant example of the creator's pet in both Sonic and Anime history. He fulfills TvTropes criteria for the title of "Creator's pet";

Hated by fans (The Scrappy)

Need I say more?

Loved (or worshipped) by the writers

Is in every single episode sans 17 and 68, has sympathetic 'flaws' and gets hugely influential roles

Put into big scenes for no reason (Character Focus)

OH DEAR GOD. See episode 8 in which Tails built another seat in the X-Tornado at the brat's request and so many other episodes that focus on Chris' input in the latest scheme to foil Eggman when much more competent and powerful characters are fully or should be fully capable of dealing with such situations by themselves. Steals character roles (See episode 38 when he shamelessly leeches Amy's shot at character development by acting as Shadow's conscience)

Talked up by the other characters (Character Shilling)

Frequently praised by Sonic above other characters even when he had minimal involvement in saving the day, is put on such a massive pedestal by Sonic himself that he's willing to abandon the people he's been friends with far longer to satiate his selfishness...

• Thumbs Up 8

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The timing of that post after the recent Status Updates was... great.

lol.gif

Edited by Tornado

Very funny.

You know what I mean, there were elements before, but in Season 3 it went into overdrive times ten, and since I'm not much of an anime person anyways...

It really didn't seem anymore "anime" than the previous seasons.

It was. At least the first two seasons held most of the cliches off by adapting previously-written stories. Season 3 worked like it was written by going through a Shonen checklist.

And while some of Robotnik's robots in Season 1 looked like typical Gundam-esque, by the time the Metarex came along, it was like they weren't even bothering anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was. At least the first two seasons held most of the cliches off by adapting previously-written stories. Season 3 worked like it was written by going through a Shonen checklist.

Did you honestly expect anything? It was already horribly cliched, it was just not applying it to the Adventure titles.

For all of X's badness, at least it's animation gave us this bit of comedy gold

sonicxepisode5424co.jpg

Priceless.

But yeah, X's animation. Where the hell was the quality control? My infamous topic elaborates on how much it fails -

• Thumbs Up 3

Somewhere in the world, someone will use that image as the basis for a crap Tails Doll fanfic.

• Thumbs Up 2

Somewhere in the world, someone will use that image as the basis for a crap Tails Doll fanfic.

That is, if someone hasn't already done just that...

That is, if someone hasn't already done just that...

*Goes to do this to annoy everyone >D.

Edited by Malpercio

*Goes to do this to annoy everyone >D.

That was the response I was expecting.

Saw it coming, motherfucker.

Challenge accepted.

EDIT: DAMN IT.

Whatever. I'll still do it.

Edited by Wraith U

That was the response I was expecting.

Saw it coming, motherfucker.

Nah, I can't think of anything anyways; I haven't even started on my own AU fics, so me starting on something I don't care about is unlikelier.

So now two others have done exactly as I wittingly planned, for the laws of Sonic fanfiction are that predictable.

That was piss easy.

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 3

There's no need for a law. It's common knowledge.

And when there's not, there is merely crap "parodies" of fanfics, as opposed to actually trying to make a decent one.

And while some of Robotnik's robots in Season 1 looked like typical Gundam-esque, by the time the Metarex came along, it was like they weren't even bothering anymore.

I don't know, they always seemed more like something out of Macross than Gundam to me

So... I'm in the rare 10%?

I don't mind fan fiction.

It's a reflex opinion that makes people think all fan fiction is terrible.

Put Sonic and fanfiction in the same sentence and that reflex will be like when the doctor hits that funny part on your knee with that cool looking hammer that isn't a hammer.

People will say it's bad.

Edited by Hatsune Miku/Alice

I don't mind fan fiction.

It's a reflex opinion that makes people think all fan fiction is terrible.

Put Sonic and fanfiction in the same sentence and that reflex will be like when the doctor hits that funny part on your knee with that cool looking hammer that isn't a hammer.

People will say it's bad.

Please don't even start with that. I still seek Sonic fanfics to see if there's any that are my sort of thing, and I can definitely attest to most of them being tish.

I've seen plenty of fanfics, and have been willing to give many a chance. And nine times out of ten they are at best mediocre and forgettable, but usually I simply don't care for them, even the "popular" ones (here's to you, Ghosts of the Future). Too many times I've came across a fic that murders characters needlessly, or one that murders characters' actual character needlessly, or yet another generic adaptation or alternate of an existing game, or Sonic and Co. in high school, or a desperate attempt to be RANDUM!!111, or some really crazy fetish like vore or inflation, and all the other cliches that every fanbase has but seems to be fitted with Sonic the most. I have seen a few genuinely good ones (well, to me anyway), but I could probably use one hand to count them all.

Frankly, my patience with Sonic fanfics ran out long ago. Unless it's something that I could see happening in the games and maybe certain types of shipping fics (I prefer them to be cute and not soap opera-ish), I don't have any interest in them. There are good ones out there, but they're the exceptions, and that makes me sad.

Of course, I'm talking about Sonic, but I'm pretty much referring to most other fanfics too. Since the things I like tend to be similar whimsical stuff like Mario and MLP, I don't like to see the characters I love getting butchered, figuratively or literally.

I don't know, they always seemed more like something out of Macross than Gundam to me

Well admittedly that's my lack of knowledge talking. You get the idea anyway, the point is that the majority of Robotnik's robots in X were only slightly better than the 06 robots. And then the Metarex came along and took it up to eleven.

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 2