Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

Ye

From what i can tell though, the cries for SA3 have largely died out among the actuall core fanbase. I think its mostly more casual Sonic players (of a certain age at that, namely those that were children when the Adventure games were brand new and/or when they got ported to GameCube) who still say that, and i suspect that many of them havent actually sat down and played the later games in the series.

This might be because this forum has banned all Sa3 talk in general. On Youtube and the Sega Forums? Not so much.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, that's why I was fooled. Because there's so much of it elsewhere combined with it being banned here, so of course there wouldn't be much of it here.

To be fair, it's not like something that's in your face unless you're actively searching for it, which then I question why are you doing so in the first place.

To be fair, it's not like something that's in your face unless you're actively searching for it, which then I question why are you doing so in the first place.

Youtube comments.

On any given Sonic game video there is going to most likely be several comments on Sonic Adventure 3.

• Thumbs Up 1

Figured someone would mention that. No, I don't do that, and I actively go out of my way to not do it. I don't go to fanbases or fanclubs of things I don't like, that's childish. I do what any sane person does and spend time on videos and whatnot on things I do like... things that still have those kind of comments everywhere I see. So hard as I may try to not look for them, they are in my face. There's just no escaping them.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

Well, Sonic Adventure 3 suffers from the same effect as unreleased episodes of a cancelled series. Everybody only thinks it would be so good because they hype the mystery; not what it would actually be.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, Sonic Adventure 3 suffers from the same effect as unreleased episodes of a cancelled series. Everybody only thinks it would be so good because they hype the mystery; not what it would actually be.

It's a lot about what it could be because expectations and hopes are essentially infinite, the imagination means it could be anything. Once you get the actual product, it is what it is, and even that alone can be a bit of a let down.

Well, I kind of wish 06 was called Adventure 3, as it really is essentially an Adventure game. I'd rather have that than it trying to call itself the same as the original as if it's the definitive Sonic experience or something. Besides, people would have stopped asking for an Adventure 3. People stopped asking for Sonic 4 once we got it, shame it wasn't very good, but hey, neither was 06. It's not like it would have sullied the name of the other two anyway - Sonic 4 didn't exactly sully the Classics in any way. It was eh because it was eh.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Sonic Rush's music is what I would call memorably terrible.

I liked Rush's soundtrack... Blaze's version's stick in my head more though.

Well, I kind of wish 06 was called Adventure 3, as it really is essentially an Adventure game. I'd rather have that than it trying to call itself the same as the original as if it's the definitive Sonic experience or something. Besides, people would have stopped asking for an Adventure 3. People stopped asking for Sonic 4 once we got it, shame it wasn't very good, but hey, neither was 06. It's not like it would have sullied the name of the other two anyway - Sonic 4 didn't exactly sully the Classics in any way. It was eh because it was eh.

"WE NEED ADVENTURE 4 TO FIX WHAT ADVENTURE 3 RUINED!"
  • Thumbs Up 2

"WE NEED ADVENTURE 4 TO FIX WHAT ADVENTURE 3 RUINED!"

We're not getting people going "we need a Sonic 5 to fix what Sonic 4 ruined", are we?

... are we? :x

I've seen one or two actually.

But usually it's just a bunch of fangames who bloat themselves with how they'll fix Sonic 4's errors and all the rest. And then cancel them.

Now that I've experienced SA2 (haven't finished it yet though), I have a new opinion which I think is unpopular. It's not actually that bad of a game. The controls were annoying at first, but they're not as bad now that I'm used to them. I don't love the game, but I enjoy playing it. I like the Sonic missions and the Tails missions (I've only played the mech ones so far, not sure if there are other gameplay types for Tails). The Knuckles treasure hunting ones... meh. Also, while it doesn't have a great story, at least it tried and the story it has is inoffensive.

It's really not a bad game like a lot of people say, at least in my opinion. It's okay, and it's enjoyable to play. I might change this opinion when I get to some of the other gameplays (The "dark side" gameplay and other stuff) but from what I've played of it, it's not a bad game.

I might change this opinion when I get to some of the other gameplays (The "dark side" gameplay and other stuff) but from what I've played of it, it's not a bad game.
If anything playing as Eggman would only improve your opinion of the game! It's honestly the best part. Edited by Cabbage Merchant

If anything playing as Eggman would only improve your opinion of the game! It's honestly the best part.

Okay, I'll look forward to that then. I was just saying that because maybe what I haven't played yet happens to be what everyone hates so much or something like that.

Since we're on this subject, here's an unpopular opinion: I actually wouldn't mind another Adventure game. I'm not saying that as a smartass where I'd want to see it for the Schadenfreude of disappointed fanboys (that's what Sonic 4 was for); I mean, I genuinely want another Adventure-esque game because the ideas I espouse about how the franchise should be basically take their root in the Adventure games and the spiritual titles, and I feel like the only chance I'd have of seeing some of them again at this point in time would be another stab at the general "formula."

Multiple playable characters who, while still platforming characters charged with getting to the end, aren't mere carbon copies of each other and thus justify their existence as optional characters in the first place? Different narrative viewpoints for each character/campaign establishing a need to make differently designed versions of the same levels so you're not merely playing the same campaign over again a la Heroes? An attempt at involving the player in the world and creating a charming atmosphere through hub worlds? A lack of inhibition at including things like karting, puzzles, or pinball games for the sake of mere fun and variety like other platformers will do? A story that actually bothers trying? Sign me on board with the game that attempts all of these things instead of the bare minimum "consistent" shit we got with Colors and to an extent Generations; if that's an Adventure-esque game (Unleashed was, and it continues to blow its successors out of the water as a result), so be it.

• Thumbs Up 4

If another Adventure style game were to be made, I would prefer it if there was no "Last Story" and that the other characters' stories were optional and meant to show what they were doing while Sonic was doing his thing and how certain actions or events in other stories happened through their actions.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm with Spin on that. All those who say "But they were at least optional then"... no they weren't. To access the secret Last Story, I had to play as the others. If it was more akin to S3&K, then it would be truly optional.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

In S3&K, all the characters were fun to play, but you weren't locked out of Doomsday Zone until you beat the game as everyone else.

Also, some just come for Sonic, and want to forget about the rest.

Edited by Spin Attaxx
  • Thumbs Up 2

If they're actually fun to play, why should they be optional?

Because inevitably there will be people saying "WHY ARE THERE OTHER REQUIRED CHARACTERS THAN SONIC? NOBODY ASKED FOR THIS!"

I do not wish to debate as to if that behavior is right or wrong, but some people think different gameplays detract from the series.

Because inevitably there will be people saying "WHY ARE THERE OTHER REQUIRED CHARACTERS THAN SONIC? NOBODY ASKED FOR THIS!"
Fuck those guys.

I do not wish to debate as to if that behavior is right or wrong, but some people think different gameplays detract from the series.
They do, so don't do that.

And finally, like i already mentioned once before, i like Charmy. Im not all that proud if it though.

I don't find Charmy that bad. I feel he just needs a slight retool (though what he needs retooling I can't think of right now), but he doesn't offend me that much.

Unlike a certain other character I know *coughjetcough*

Edited by dwibs93

In S3&K, all the characters were fun to play, but you weren't locked out of Doomsday Zone until you beat the game as everyone else.

So? The game doesn't have to copy S3&K to be good.

Also, some just come for Sonic, and want to forget about the rest.

If people can forgive Sonic for being shit in the past, enough to start liking him and the series again, then what's stopping them from doing the same for the other characters?

Edited by Pawn
  • Thumbs Up 4