Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

There's also the billions of "original" Sonic fancharacters the show's artwork has spawned....

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As I've said many times before, I never cared for the "Good guy has an all powerful evil side" cliche in general, anime or otherwise, so naturally it wouldn't interest me by default. But it especially doesn't fit someone like Sonic. It's just wrong. Darkspine and the Werehog work since Sonic doesn't... "turn". Both of those are still unambiguously good.

Oh yeah, don't remind me about all the ripped art used for fancharacters. Needless to say, those have made me very bitter towards X, childish as it may be.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

Not to mention the art style is just stupid.

Sonic with three spines that FLIP ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME. Then there's Shadow's silly looking spine just sticking out there, also the eyes of the humans...

..........Ok, this show had lots of Ship Tease for couples, what are you talkin about?

I'm referring to a certain two-tailed fox boy and a plant girl who's always self-abasing herself.

And thus, cue the million Emo Tails fanfics. *shakes fist*

Well of course it'd annoy me, what with Tails being my second favourite character and all.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

Friends? Please.

Have you seen the friends Chris had before he started stalking Sonic? One of them was a token minority and the other one couldn't fucking walk. Like, ew. It's no wonder he abandoned them at the drop of a hat to the extent that Sonic paid more attention to them than Chris did throughout the rest of the series.

Yeah, you're right. Who needs your handicapped Girlfriend and life long friends and family when you can ditch her and everyone else to go see an alien Hedgehog that you knew for a few month despite possibly not having a a way BACK to said handicapped Girlfriend and lifelong friends and family.

I mean, wouldn't YOU do the same?

• Thumbs Up 4

And thus, cue the million Emo Tails fanfics. *shakes fist*

Well of course it'd annoy me, what with Tails being my second favourite character and all.

But, like, Tails cried and stuff. It was emotional and sad and mature and not at all heavy handed melodrama that in no way validated the existence of the third season by itself.

Where the fuck did Dark Super Sonic even come from?

Based on what was popular at the time and the general quality of Sonic X's writing, I'm going to make a shot in the dark and guess they lifted it directly from that bastion of fantastic television: Inuyasha, where the same thing happened rather frequently.

Edited by Tornado

Based on what was popular at the time and the general quality of Sonic X's writing, I'm going to make a shot in the dark and guess they lifted it directly from that bastion of fantastic television: Inuyasha, where the same thing happened rather frequently.

No, I mean, how exactly did Sonic even manage to do that?

From his ass, just like every other Sonic Macguffin/Plot Armor Power in the world.

• Thumbs Up 2

In his contempt-fueled anger over Chris and Cosmo getting captured and beaten by the Metarex Commander, Black Narcissus, he absorbed the negative energies off all the fake Chaos Emeralds in the vicinity and, well, had his "one bad day..."

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 1

So, bad writing, then.

But, like, Tails cried and stuff. It was emotional and sad and mature and not at all heavy handed melodrama that in no way validated the existence of the third season by itself.

I know that, and I understand that. But it still spawned all those fanfics, and sometimes, it's just too much.

...Well that and I never really cared for those scenes anyway, so a minor indifference turns to a full-on headache.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

So, bad writing, then.

I know that, and I understand that. But it still spawned all those fanfics, and sometimes, it's just too much.

...Well that and I never really cared for those scenes anyway, so a minor indifference turns to a full-on headache.

You know he was being sarcastic right...

We're you, I can't tell

Edited by Popo

Wait, weren't those fake emeralds made for the sole purpose of throwing Sonic and friends off the trail?

...I honestly don't know, actually.

You know, a lot of people think Season 3 was probably the best of the three due to a slightly better Chris and all, but for me, it was actually the worst. The overly anime points, the Diet Coke Star Wars feeling of it all, and that terrible speech to the Metarex by Robotnik.

Wait, weren't those fake emeralds made for the sole purpose of throwing Sonic and friends off the trail?

Yeah, more-or-less. What I'm confused about is how they managed to create them in the first place. It's not like Tails would go and fill them in on how to make one... unless...!

Yeah, more-or-less. What I'm confused about is how they managed to create them in the first place. It's not like Tails would go and fill them in on how to make one... unless...!

Wait, so if they we're just fakes that didn't have the power of the real ones, then how the fuck-

...I just realize that I'm trying to make sense of Sonic X.

Disregard me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Look on the bright side, you've yet to try and justify Mephiles' plan.

Mephiles just likes to troll.

Plan justified.

Ergo, it's still a clusterfuck of a mess.

Oh, that Mephiles.

There were anime plots in that anime? I for one am shocked.

Very funny.

You know what I mean, there were elements before, but in Season 3 it went into overdrive times ten, and since I'm not much of an anime person anyways...

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 1