Awoo.

[DELETED]

LATER BUDDY

Because none of those things have any connection to invisibility, and the only one used with any frequency is her hammer. A character having a bunch of powers doesn't mean you can just throw anything else onto the list with no explanation.

Well, to me, the things I mentioned are connected to the mystical/magical. So I see her Invisibility and that 'Amy Flash' from Sonic Adventure 2 as magic or something similar.

Well, to me, the things I mentioned are connected to the mystical/magical. So I see her Invisibility and that 'Amy Flash' from Sonic Adventure 2 as magic or something similar.

Magic that she never once used BEFORE those particular games even when they could have been most useful, or EVEN AFTER those games?

If they had shown some foreshadowing of the existence of these abilities BEFORE those games, even in a throwaway cutscene, it wouldn't have been nearly as bad. But they appear so abruptly that they feel tacked on.

Well, to me, the things I mentioned are connected to the mystical/magical.
Which is so vague as to encompass anything, and thus useless.

So I see her Invisibility and that 'Amy Flash' from Sonic Adventure 2 as magic or something similar.
You can make up any number of explanations, the problem is that it doesn't follow from her usual abilities and the game gives no explanation for it.

Chaos Control is usually described as space-time manipulation. What's so unbelievable about using it to Time Travel.

The fact that if Shadow could time travel all this time, why didn't he go and save Maria from the G.U.N. soldiers as soon as he got out, instead of trying to kill humanity? Clement discussed this in Part 6 of his Sonic 06 review.

Edited by Spin Attaxx
  • Thumbs Up 2

The fact that if Shadow could time travel all this time, why didn't he go and save Maria from the G.U.N. soldiers as soon as he got out, instead of trying to kill humanity? Clement discussed this in Part 6 of his Sonic 06 review.

That's not even a question worth asking.

By the time Shadow learned of his ability to use Chaos Control as a time travel devise (06), he already would have made the commitment to leave his past in the past (ShtH).

That's just looking for plotholes where there are none.

• Thumbs Up 1

Again, as Clement said, just cause Shadow says he's over, doesn't mean he actually is. If your dad died in a car accident 10 years ago, you get over it, and then one day you could go back in time to save him with no ill effects, why wouldn't you take that chance?! If it happened to me, I wouldn't care if I got over my dad's death or not, I'd still go back and save him!

(Disclaimer: My dad is alive and well, and hopefully yours is too.)

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Again, as Clement said, just cause Shadow says he's over, doesn't mean he actually is. If your dad died in a car accident 10 years ago, and you could go back in time to save him with no ill effects, why wouldn't you take that chance?! If it happened to me, I wouldn't care if I got over my dad's death or not, I'd still go back and save him!
If your dad never died, you'd have to reason to go back in time and save him.

I said no ill effects. Forget about those pesky paradoxes for a minute, will you?

I said no ill effects. Forget about those pesky paradoxes for a minute, will you?

I don't see how they could be put out of the equation if time travel is present. The two aren't mutually exclusive; the universe simply can't allow them to happen, regardless of what fiction we're talking about.

"Anything can work if you ignore the things that make them not work."

You really can't discuss the concept of time travel completely divorced from paradoxes, and in fact, I can't imagine how the canon would be going forward if Shadow actually went back in time to save Maria under Sonic 06's rules.

Or he could kiss her corpse.

The sad part is that considering the series so far, that would probably work.

You really can't discuss the concept of time travel completely divorced from paradoxes, and in fact, I can't imagine how the canon would be going forward if Shadow actually went back in time to save Maria under Sonic 06's rules.
'06 has rules?

The sad part is that considering the series so far, that would probably work.

only if her dreamself is alive... Edited by hella jeff

'06 has rules?

One-liners remind me that the majority of my time spent attempting to actually converse on the Internet is overwhelmingly wasted.

I'd like for Tails and Knuckles to be playable. It's getting pretty boring playing as Sonic all the time. I would also like to see Amy as a playable character, with more focus on combat and platforming while still being really fast.

One-liners remind me that the majority of my time spent attempting to actually converse on the Internet is overwhelmingly wasted.
No, seriously, the game seems to treat time travel different every time someone does it. What rules does it have?

No, seriously, the game seems to treat time travel different every time someone does it. What rules does it have?

The main rule I was referring to was that the timeline appears to be self-fulfilling. Shadow going back in time to seal up Mephiles causes Mephiles to get angry which causes him to target Shadow when he is released, even though Shadow is unaware of why until he reaches the moment where he goes back in time to just seal up Mephiles. And of course, the whole caveat with the game essentially erasing itself. I don't know of any other instances in the game where this is blatantly contradicted.

Again, as Clement said, just cause Shadow says he's over, doesn't mean he actually is. If your dad died in a car accident 10 years ago, you get over it, and then one day you could go back in time to save him with no ill effects, why wouldn't you take that chance?! If it happened to me, I wouldn't care if I got over my dad's death or not, I'd still go back and save him!

(Disclaimer: My dad is alive and well, and hopefully yours is too.)

The entire point of Shadow's story in 06 was Mephi attempting to drag Shadow back into the muck that he had just crawled out of. Shadow had no desire to let his past rule his present. Maria was a part of that.

If you (or clement) are simply inferring that Shadow isn't completely committed to his own resolve, then your simply speculating on something that we haven't seen a hint of yet. Its fanfiction. No where in 06 did Shadow show any remorse over his decision. In fact he did the opposite and stood and fought for his new beliefs. What gives you ground to question his mindset is beyond me. He didn't falter in the slightest.

The game erasing itself contradicts it working under self-fulfilling time loops. Also Sonic going back in time to save Elise from the Egg Carrier crashing when she's supposed to have died there (as Team Sonic found out in the future). The timeline also didn't mind Mephy and Iblis fusing shortly after, despite that clearly not being true from the perspective of Silver's future.

Anyone find it hella hilarious that we rag on Sonic 06 far more than ShTH? I mean the former's worse than the latter, but the discussion of ShTH has essentially died down for the most part while Sonic 06 continues to this day.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Anyone find it hella hilarious that we rag on Sonic 06 far more than ShTH? I mean the former's worse than the latter, but the discussion of ShTH has essentially died down for the most part while Sonic 06 continues to this day.

Because ShtH not having Sonic as the focus, thus people finding it irrelevant, whereas S06 'stars' Sonic, and instead of just any other Sonic game, was supposed to be the incredible new cutting-edge next-gen game with blast processing?

I dunno, that's my guess.

I think we can agree that Chaos Control being used for time travel is non canon now due to the game the concept was in being mostly non-canon and lack of references to C.C's time travelling ability before and since 06. It's just another fine example of the 0% competance the writers had writing 06.

Edited by Spin Attaxx