Awoo.

[DELETED]

LATER BUDDY

I'd imagine like Knuckles.

She can turn invisible, be sneaky, probably teleport, knows her way with weapons that can sap lifeforce from enemies, and the first thing to come to you is that she'd play like Knuckles?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

She can turn invisible, be sneaky, probably teleport, knows her way with weapons that can sap lifeforce from enemies, and the first thing to come to you is that she'd play like Knuckles?

Ok Espio, Rouge, and Shadow.

Quite. Just because Silver's a hedgehog doesn't mean he plays like Sonic. In fact, Silver plays more like Tails.

------------------------

I like the Speed/Fly/Power seperation thing estabished in Sonic Heroes. I think it could work for future games, but with less divisions between the three.

Speed characters would play basically in the modern Sonic style estabished in Sonic Unleashed.

Power characters would play a bit like Sonic and the Black knight gameplay - Knuckles, instead of homing attacking would do a homing punch, which he can perform on the ground as well as the air. He could also do the ground pound when in the air. Once the meter is full they can do the close attack like in SATBK.

Fly Characters would be similar to speed, but slower, with the ability to fly and use projectile attacks (because all the fly characters except Tails seem to have some form of projectile attack - Cream has Cheese, Silver has throwing boxes or his Pyshic knife thing). The meter here would now display the fly power, which recharges quickly once on the ground.

Here's how I'd sectment the characters:

Speed: Sonic, Shadow, Blaze, Metal Sonic, Espio

Each character varies slightly - Sonic would be the fastest, Shadow could use his chaos ablities, Blaze would use fire, Metal Sonic would have the highest jump, and Espio could turn invisible.

Fly: Tails, Cream, Silver, Charmy, Omega

Tails would be the fastest and stay airborne longest, Cream would have the second most powerful attack and infinite ammo, Silver can use his physic abilities, Charmy could open flowers and sting enemies. Omega glides instead of flying, but has the most powerful attacks.

Power: Knuckles, Amy, Big, Vector.

Knuckles can glide and dig, Amy is the fastest and uses her hammer, Big can use his fishing rod to pull over enemies, Vector uses his jaws and is one of the strongest.

And that's basically my idea.

Edited by Paradox

Sonic Heroes's team mechanic is the only way I can see the Chaotix being playable in future titles (spinoffs notwithstanding).

Couldn't Vector be allowed to swim? He is a crocodile after all. Or if you think that is too game-breaking allow him to breath underwater for much longer than anyone else.

Well, Vector could be the best swimmer of the roster (with Tail's fairly slow doggy-paddle making him the second-best).

Espio could run up walls and turn invisible.

Charmy... ?

Edited by Spin Attaxx

You forgot Rouge and Jet.

I didn't forget anything. Never seen Rouge or Jet swim in canon, so I don't see how they could suddenly do so.

Edited by Malpercio

Since when were Rouge and Jet Chaotix members?

Besides, I mentioned earlier how Rouge could play like in a main Sonic game, and Jet should stick to spinoffs.

If they can find a good use for Jet, there's nothing wrong with him breaking into a main title.

If they can find a good use for Jet, there's nothing wrong with him breaking into a main title.

Wind blasts using his bansho fans, which become temporary slipstreams he can then run into to increase his speed for a short period of time?

Edited by Malpercio

The critics are just barely tolerating Jet in the Riders series, if he gets an important role in the main games, they're gonna flip.

The critics are just barely tolerating Jet in the Riders series, if he gets an important role in the main games, they're gonna flip.

Like they aren't already flipping about every other character that isn't blue, red, and yellow, AMIRITE?

• Thumbs Up 2

Wouldn't make much of difference since the other characters are treated the same way.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Mal.

Edited by DarkLightDragon

I really don't see how Jet can adhere to the main Sonic gameplay, it seems like his special ability is riding a board and... that's it.

I really don't see how Jet can adhere to the main Sonic gameplay, it seems like his special ability is riding a board and... that's it.

And you can't think of anything that you can use with that board? He moves at Sonic's speeds with it, and that can be used for various things. You can ram enemies with it, achieve limited flight, go faster...exactly no different from Sonic himself if we were talking just basic abilities for the current gameplay.

Granted, I wasn't suggesting he be part of the gameplay, but it isn't rocket science to figure out what to do with a hoverboard that can help him keep up with Sonic like Rocket Shoes do for Shadow.

And you can't think of anything that you can use with that board? He moves at Sonic's speeds with it, and that can be used for various things. You can ram enemies with it, achieve limited flight, go faster...exactly no different from Sonic himself if we were talking just basic abilities for the current gameplay.

Granted, I wasn't suggesting he be part of the gameplay, but it isn't rocket science to figure out what to do with a hoverboard that can help him keep up with Sonic like Rocket Shoes do for Shadow.

We could try something with those fans of his, like I mentioned a few posts earlier.

We could try something with those fans of his, like I mentioned a few posts earlier.

Really, I was referring more to a character role than a gameplay one. If anyone wants to take a shot at gameplay, they can be my guess, but while I can see how to use him for the gameplay, it's a matter of differentiating him that is the real task.

This being said, I'm one of those who would like to see an overhaul of the current gameplay as it is.

Jet is kind of hard to implement into the main series because he was never designed to be in it to begin with, and you'd have to change quite a bit about the character so he could fit.

Man it'd be easy as hell to put Jet in a platformer. Dude may not specialize in running but neither does most of the cast, that's not gonna be a problem. Just invent a few moves and he's as well off as anyone.

They won't. Thank you.

Seriously though, keep the Riders stuff out of my Sonic.

Yeah, enough of the prejudice.

I'd rather give them just as much of a fair shot of appearing as anyone else. No reason they should be sidelined if there happens to be an opportunity for them to break into a main title than be against them for whatever reason.

And this is coming from someone who couldn't care less about them.

Yeah, enough of the prejudice.

I'd rather give them just as much of a fair shot of appearing as anyone else. No reason they should be sidelined if there happens to be an opportunity for them to break into a main title than be against them for whatever reason.

And this is coming from someone who couldn't care less about them.

Well, the only thing I care about is the fact that Jet remains a rival to Sonic and the art style for the first's drawings was pretty good. I'd rather not bring in more characters that the main series didn't have before getting those characters right, gameplay and story-wise.