Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

I still haven't seen Battle of Gods or Resurrection F, though I got the former for my brother as a birthday present. I hope he likes it.

I should also watch Dragon Ball Super, though I think an American release is only a matter of time, so I'll just hold off for that, eh?

Actually, there's a lot of Dragon Ball stuff to catch up on...I never did get the remaining seasons of Dragon Ball, and many say the original version of DBZ is superior, though my memory is fuzzy and I haven't seen it in a very long time.

Might as well throw GT in there as well, even though that's no longer canon...assuming it ever was, of course. :P

I still haven't seen Battle of Gods or Resurrection F, though I got the former for my brother as a birthday present. I hope he likes it.

I should also watch Dragon Ball Super, though I think an American release is only a matter of time, so I'll just hold off for that, eh?

Actually, there's a lot of Dragon Ball stuff to catch up on...I never did get the remaining seasons of Dragon Ball, and many say the original version of DBZ is superior, though my memory is fuzzy and I haven't seen it in a very long time.

Might as well throw GT in there as well, even though that's no longer canon...assuming it ever was, of course. :P

Well...They still threw a GT DLC for Xenoverse...so at least they still have it in consideration

There's no real canon to Dragon Ball. Toriyama, nor Toei, have specified what counts and what doesn't. You can go ahead and watch GT if you want, but consistency is not it's biggest problem.

• Thumbs Up 3

I willnever understand why there isnt any PQ or story mission about the original DB in Xenoverse

Edited by Diamond Star

There's no real canon to Dragon Ball. Toriyama, nor Toei, have specified what counts and what doesn't. You can go ahead and watch GT if you want, but consistency is not it's biggest problem.

The thing about GT, regardless if you like it or not, it was always established as a sidestory that took place years after the events of the manga that you can choose whether to count it or not. Like you say, there is no official word on if it's THE future of Dragon Ball, or just one possible future. It wasn't like the movies where it was directly contradictory to anything. GT isn't without its issues, but I've never understood why everyone is so quick to discount it just because Toriyama didn't write the story himself when it was always a case of "take it or leave it". I didn't see anyone doing this for the Bardock special, something Toriyama had very limited involvement in (i.e. character design, which he occasionally did for Toei for the movies and TV series and not much else) and just gave a small shout out to because he happened to enjoy it (even though years later he'd toss it in favor of the Dragon Ball Minus chapter of Jaco anyway, and I do recall seeing some really not liking how he handled Bardock's story and character there).

Edited by Zaysho

So, what's the general consensus regarding Super here? A handful of folks over at the Dragon Ball forum I frequent think it's trash that makes GT look like gold. The negativity over there gets quite tiresome. 

I honestly enjoy it, it does what GT was trying to do but does it right, it's a followup of DBZ that amps up the original DB elements while still being true to the DBZ atmosphere, the characters here all feel like themselves and the expansion of the movie plots is a good way of not only giving more time for certain characters to shine, but also explain a few things that were left without explanation, honestly the last few Ressurrection F episodes have been great and show that Toriyama still got it after all this time.

Sounds fair. I suppose I'll be seeing which version I prefer, then. That way, if nothing else, the one I prefer will be the future to me...though I'm not gonna beat you over the head with it. At least, I hope not...

Welp, the fighters for Universe 6 were revealed. Proceed with caution!

Hidden Content

... Is that rightmost fighter an alternate Frieza? Hm, I wonder if they'll make him/her a good guy of sorts who's just caught in a situation involving his God of Destruction.

Woahh... interesting!  That's pretty cool actually!

Nice selection of characters, specially the one from the frieza "species" xD also that fat bear looks almost like a majin buu counterpart from universe 6 xD  Is that kid a saiyan? looks like it. Anyways can't wait for the story to progress! when does this chapter come out? 

Frieza guy is just another ice demon apparently. He's blue.

Nipples the Enchilada looks weird. I'm guessing he/she has a transformation, though.

Also, it looks like Gohan is the only one not to come along for the tournament. lol

The latest chapter is out in Korean: https://dragonballsuper-france.fr/dragon-ball-super-chapitre-7/

• Thumbs Up 1

Just finished reading it, and lol I noticed the same thing Nix. It's a pretty badass touch indeed!

Also...

besides the hype for universe 6's contestants... what was all that about bulma and jaco? and those monk dudes?  also that guy and his nipples... *shiver* it's so unsettling. He's probably gonna transform like Marcello says.

Edited by dabbido

Just finished reading it, and lol I noticed the same thing Nix. It's a pretty badass touch indeed!

Also...

Hidden Content

Maybe the guy is the guy they search for who now the color of the underwear before he meets you?

• Thumbs Up 1

Hidden Content

Ah yes.... I forgot about that. Good point and good memory Diamond Star xP Those guys look weird though. Can't wait to read that chapter.

and I bet he guesses what Bulma is wearing lol. Also I find it hilarious that Gohan was supposed to be one of the members and literally everybody but him is there xD 

Gohan is a joke at this point.

Even after lamenting the death of Piccolo and realizing he could have prevented it had he trained, he proceeds to not do so. I was honestly expecting that to go somewhere, but nope! Gohan is just as irresponsible as ever. *sigh* 

Gohan is a joke at this point.

Hidden Content

See, I don't mind this because they at least wrote him out of the story this time. Its pretty clear Toriyama has no further use for him, so instead of just propping him up as a punching bag, at the very least he's not around to be relevant anymore. 

It does kind of suck though how badly he's degenerated. He's too pathetic to be my favorite character anymore really.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm really, really digging Super. I wasn't a huge fan of the idea of rehashing the movies at first, but the way they've expanded the story really makes it worth it. I just finished episode 22 and I'm pretty stoked. I haven't been reading the manga at all, but it sounds like the manga is also expanding a lot of things even the show hasn't.

But really, I think the pros in Super far outweigh whatever cons people have. It combines the silliness of Dragon Ball with the action of Z, while cutting out the incessant filler that, in my opinion, really drug Z down (I thought Kai was definitely the superior series). I feel like a kid again waiting for the next episode every weekend.

And yeah, Gohan's a pussy now. But the only real reason he was ever a fighter in the first place is because his dad was constantly stealing him away and dragging him on adventures. It doesn't surprise me that after spending his childhood fighting baddies, he would opt for the quiet life.

Meanwhile in DB Heroes:
80b5379dba871d338c11e0af11428277.png

Guess who became a time cop?!

Thats right, GT Goten. man I want a series out of DB Heroes sometime...

• Thumbs Up 2