Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Hm, that bored-looking Saiyan-like kid on Champa's Warrior side intrigues me. I can't help but wonder if Vegeta will be the one who has to fight them...

Who's the purplish looking fighter? Is that another Freeza's species from universe 6?

I'm sorta glad that U6 doesn't seem to just be alternate versions of existing characters... even if that kinda goes out the window with Blue!Freeza. Also, the robot on Champa's side makes me think a bit of Gato from Chrono Trigger. Not the exact design, but it definitely feels like a Toriyama style robot.

Should be interesting... now if Toei would just let FUNimation get the damn show already.

What in the literal hell FUNi?...

This is why i prefer the japanese dub. This video is just a stupid way to make profit of the work of people who wanted to show the greatest manga on tv. 

This is why i prefer the japanese dub. This video is just a stupid way to make profit of the work of people who wanted to show the greatest manga on tv. 

Yeah I would just stop here if I were you:

because I have a whole arsenal of stuff dating back to the early 90s proving how wrong you are, Dragonball has always done this this is just a first for FUNimation.

• Thumbs Up 6

Oh.....

I have....no argument.

So, back to Super, Ill be REALLY mad if the ...Frieza race dude( they need an official name)  is actually Frieza. I know its the most loved villian(i still like cell more than him) but getting Frieza after Frieza?

So, back to Super, Ill be REALLY mad if the ...Frieza race dude( they need an official name)  is actually Frieza. I know its the most loved villian(i still like cell more than him) but getting Frieza after Frieza?

At most, I'd expect the Freeze-jin guy to be an opposite Frieza, personally. Instead of being creepily polite until he starts losing and gets heavily pissed off, maybe he's constantly furious until he gets a legit challenge from his opponent, where he gets calm and deadly precise with his actions.

Oh.....

I have....no argument.

Good, besides at least the japanese commercials can be funny. to bring up some recent examples Vegeta apparently trains with his top secret ramen noodle recipe:

Also goku and freeza had a dance off for some fine japanese soda:

And where else are you gonna see Cell holding a Nintendo DSi huh?
latest?cb=20111126170602

I really dig the little detail of Vegeta not giving a damn at all when they start dancing in the Goku side of the soda advertisement, but joins in when they transform, and it's...kind of surreal to see Frieza actually do something alongside his troops. I'm used to seeing him just standing or hovering there in the distance waiting for his troops to be offed before taking action or he kills them himself for their incompetence. The transformation sequences briefly flashing by are a nice detail as well, pretty interesting for a simple soda ad, but moving on.

I've only watched the dubbed anime versions of DBZ since I was a teen from the Saiyan Saga to the Buu saga's finale, and the GT side-stuff as well, though I never read the manga, and I didn't watch Resurrection F or Battle of the Gods yet, are they any good if I may ask?

I really dig the little detail of Vegeta not giving a damn at all when they start dancing in the Goku side of the soda advertisement, but joins in when they transform, and it's...kind of surreal to see Frieza actually do something alongside his troops. I'm used to seeing him just standing or hovering there in the distance waiting for his troops to be offed before taking action or he kills them himself for their incompetence. The transformation sequences briefly flashing by are a nice detail as well, pretty interesting for a simple soda ad, but moving on.

I've only watched the dubbed anime versions of DBZ since I was a teen from the Saiyan Saga to the Buu saga's finale, and the GT side-stuff as well, though I never read the manga, and I didn't watch Resurrection F or Battle of the Gods yet, are they any good if I may ask?

Yeah Movie's 14 and 15 are good but Super takes their stories and warps them a bit so you are better off disregarding them and just jumping into DBS.

ヒット
キャベ 
フロスト
ボタン
マゲッター

More literal translations would be:

Hitto

Kabe

Furosuto

Botamo

Megatta

So the purple dude's name could be Hit, instead of Heat.

Cool. These are my opinions on the names

Heat/Hit - We only saw him twice and i can tell he deserves the name. He looks powerfull.

Kabe - Gotta stick to the puns, Tory

Frost- Sorry, but, its kinda lame.

Botamo- I dont know if its a pun, but it sounds pretty good.

Magetta- Cool. It sounds a little bit like its a more female robot by the name.

Keep in mind these names are coming from a dude on twitter who is at the expo, no real source on these names yet. they seem real enough but just keep second guessing until we hear from Kanzenshuu or something.

I was wondering, for people who have watched both the newer movies and DB Super, what's the overall consensus on the adaptation arcs? I only saw the beginning of the BoG arc, and seem to recall a little bit of a mixed reception toward it. It didn't seem bad from what little I saw, but I can see how people thought it was pointless given how fresh BoG is in everyone's minds. On the other hand, I hear the Resurrection 'F' arc is actually better than the movie (haven't seen the movie yet), and some of the things I've heard about it,

like the return of Ginyu

make me pretty interested in checking it out once I see the movie to compare it.

Now that the show is gearing up for original material, I'm curious how it's going to go that I might have to try checking out the fansubs again, even though I'm still waiting for official material to come stateside.

I was wondering, for people who have watched both the newer movies and DB Super, what's the overall consensus on the adaptation arcs? I only saw the beginning of the BoG arc, and seem to recall a little bit of a mixed reception toward it. It didn't seem bad from what little I saw, but I can see how people thought it was pointless given how fresh BoG is in everyone's minds. On the other hand, I hear the Resurrection 'F' arc is actually better than the movie (haven't seen the movie yet), and some of the things I've heard about it,

Hidden Content

make me pretty interested in checking it out once I see the movie to compare it.

Now that the show is gearing up for original material, I'm curious how it's going to go that I might have to try checking out the fansubs again, even though I'm still waiting for official material to come stateside.

Note: I haven't watched a single episode yet - I'm speaking through my observations of fellow users from other sites:

From the fan reactions I've seen, the Battle of Gods adaptations had something of a mixed reception. The arc was handled alright as a whole and the changes made to the climatic moment was generally received well, but I've seen a quite folks who weren't cool with the changes made to Beerus's character. Specifically, he took a more significant turn for the jerkass towards everyone.

So far, the Resurrection "F" adaptation is in a similar boat, though it leans more towards the positive. It seems to be handled better than the original, with the actions of the new characters who's showing up and all. However, there were a few episodes who aren't cool with how one semi-important Saiyan character is being handled during it.

Sorry for the double-post, but, uh... here's a picture of Guy #5 on Beerus' team, who apparently gave him more trouble than SSG Goku?

http://i.imgur.com/5Lge7mZ.jpg

... Yeah, reminds me a bit of the Scaramanga guy from James Bond.