Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

What I prefer? the old local dub (Not the Kai version) they based it directly from the japanese script and the original soundtrack (It also featured a lot less censorship).

Then of course the japanese version

I prefer the Japanese version largely due to the writing, but also the music. I have a soft spot for the old FUNi dub, and I generally prefer the English (TX) cast (more so with Kai), but the inconsistencies and blatant disregard for the original material well after they hired an in-house translator do put me off (season one and two redubs, most of the movies done after the Freeza saga, etc.). I do commend their efforts during the Buu saga, though; the writers largely tried to make it feel similar to the JPN version (though some of the writers would just veer completely off-track for no reason in some episodes) but they also created some consistency between the anime-only material and manga material, whereas the Japanese version would just ignore anime-only material when dealing with manga material (notably the afterlife).

I grew up with the dub, so I'm gonna stick with the dub.

Speaking of Super, you guys really need to watch it;

tumblr_nwv4xcDtei1qc9dlro3_540.png  tumblr_nwr4odNuNk1sfq81ko6_540.jpg tumblr_nws16j9ZGl1ro6cmho3_540.gif

Like seriously, go watch it right now. 

Edited by Kuzu the Boloedge
  • Thumbs Up 6

I grew up with the original FUNi dub, but I started to prefer the Japanese version once I realized how inaccurate and embarrassingly bad the dub is. Even though the Faulconer Productions music doesn't fit, there's a few songs I think are decent in their own right, like the ones from Scott Morgan. It's a shame because it seems only Bruce gets credit for all the music when there were actually three additional members that worked on the score.

The Kai dub is far from perfect, but it's good. Way better than the 1999 version.

But yeah, Japanese version for me. Nozawa is best Goku.

Edited by MugiMikey
  • Thumbs Up 3

Reddit AMA with Goku and Vegeta...er I mean Chris Sabat and Sean Schemmel:

I love how these 2 are besties even after the show is over for the day. they are gonna love working on Super (Chris especially since he likes unserious Vegeta like we see above).

• Thumbs Up 2

There's been times where Vegeta's been naked or topless where he didn't have his gloves on. However, I don't think we've seen him wearing the Saiyan armor without the gloves on. =P

• Thumbs Up 1

There's been times where Vegeta's been naked or topless where he didn't have his gloves on. However, I don't think we've seen him wearing the Saiyan armor without the gloves on. =P

Oh how wrong you are!

tumblr_nws16j9ZGl1ro6cmho3_540.gif

xP Dude, I was referring to before that episode, as in we haven't seen that outfit combination before Super.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh my that episode, I usually don't like some of the comedy centered episodes, specially when they're pretty much filler, but this... Gawd.

I was laughing hard during the whole episode. xD Dancing Vegeta, Cooking Vegeta and the egg cracking,  pretty fun stuff.

Ah well at least it was kinda important to the story to progress further to the events of RoF.

• 2 weeks later...

Champa and Vados made their debuts today. Vados is voiced by Yuriko Yamaguchi, and Champa is voiced by Mitsuo Iwata.

I expect pictures of Vados cosplaying as Nico Robin and vice versa within the week, and now I cannot unsee Orbot being the God of Destruction of Universe 6.

Just in case you guys have yet to see this. Chris Ayres, Sean Schemmel and Chris Sabat have some overdub fun.

Note: some NSFW language.

Edited by Lime/Parvati-Pai/Key
  • Thumbs Up 3

Those 3 are a crack up, they all really know how to bounce off eachother but then again they have been doing this for years.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/11/10/toonami-asia-to-premiere-exclusive-super-english-dub-in-2016/

So, kinda sorta dub news. Toonami Asia will be producing an English dub for DB Super for Southeast Asia and India.

Not that we can be sure, yet, but if Toei is finally letting Super be licensed to be dubbed in English speaking markets, can FUNimation acquiring the show be far behind?

Edited by Zaysho

• 2 weeks later...

New chapter of the Super manga came out.

- Champa's collecting Super Dragonballs. 7 in all, planet-sized, almost unlimited in wishing scope. He's found 6 already.

- The reason he's been looking for planet Namek is because he believed the Namekians found pieces of these Super Dragonballs, and the original generation of Namekians (Piccolo's generation) shaved down pieces of these Dragonballs in order to create the Namekian set of Dragonballs. This retroactively makes Kami the strongest Dragon-type Namekian, since he made Earth's Dragonballs out of mere stones, and not from another Dragonball source.
- Champa plans to wish for the Earths in Universes 6 and 7 to swap places. The Earth in Universe 6 has been rendered uninhabitable due to civil wars.
- If Beerus can beat Champa, Champa will relinquish the 6 Dragonballs he has collected, and Beerus will have to find the last one.
- Beerus and Champa cannot fight one another, nor can Whis and Vados. Vados is stated to be stronger than Whis. So they'll organize a team of five fighters to compete in a Tenkaichi Budokai-like tournament in the center of the universe.
- Beerus's team is Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Majin Buu, and a fifth fighter Beerus claims is the strongest person he has ever fought.
 - Vegeta volunteers Gohan to be their fifth member, claiming his potential can surpass all of them if Whis gives him training. Goku declines that idea, saying that Gohan would rather study and be a family man.
-Vegeta then requests for a written test to be required for the fighters. He doesn't want to fight mindless beasts.

Also, this is a thing:

Herms: 名前の無い星
上空に6つの願い玉が浮かぶ(本当に惑星サイズ)
シャンパ「トイレがいるぞ 売店もほしいな・・・ よし!会場はこんなもんだろ」
ヴァドス「ところで選手5人はもう決まっているのですか?」
シャンパ「あのビルスの所にいたふたりはたぶんサイヤ人だな・・・ やはりこちらもサイヤ人は外せん・・・」

The Nameless Planet
The six Wish Orbs float in the sky (they really are planet-sized)

Champa: "Needs some bathrooms. And I want there to be shop stands too...Alright! I guess this'll do for a stadium."
Vados: "By the way, have you already decided on your five contestants?"
Champa: "Those two over at Beerus' place were probably Saiyans...We'd better get some Saiyans too..."

Tho' I do wonder how Piccolo would compete, I mean, even Goten and Trunks are stronger than him at this point, unless he suddenly got a power up to get closer to the new tier of power levels, his inclusion would be a complete joke.

Tho' I do wonder how Piccolo would compete, I mean, even Goten and Trunks are stronger than him at this point, unless he suddenly got a power up to get closer to the new tier of power levels, his inclusion would be a complete joke.

I mean, Piccolo is closer to them now than he was in the Majin Boo arc, but yeah, he's still weaker. Maybe the Namekian book of legends will come into play somehow here. Or maybe Whis's training will do wonders for him. He went from weaker than Nappa to stronger than Nail after 6 days of training on Kaio's, so who knows what Whis could do for him?