Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

Finally, after starting watching Dragon Ball since last summer im finally done! Now on to the original DBZ. It wont be as exciting as DB though, I already know what happens (besides the Buu saga) by playing DBZ Sagas and watching DBZ abridged, but at least I'll finally be watching it. Then its off to DBGT and Super...and all the movies...god this is going to take a while....

DRAGON, DRAGON, OF THE DRAGON, DRAGON BALL Z!!!!

I think that tells where I stand on DBZ, also...

I LIKE GT, COME FIGHT ME FOR IT!

3 minutes ago, WakanoBaka said:

DRAGON, DRAGON, OF THE DRAGON, DRAGON BALL Z!!!!

I think that tells where I stand on DBZ, also...

I LIKE GT, COME FIGHT ME FOR IT!

ROCK the Dragon :U

• Thumbs Up 2

You know, I used to have a soft spot for Rock the Dragon. Nowadays, though? Dragon Soul and Chala-Head-Chala both easily top it for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, Komodin said:

You know, I used to have a soft spot for Rock the Dragon. Nowadays, though? Dragon Soul and Chala-Head-Chala both easily top it for me.

As much as I loved the "Rock the Dragon" theme song as a kid, I still loved the Japanese openings a little more as well.

11 hours ago, Shasonsil said:

I'm watching the remastered Dragon Ball anime where Son Goku looks like a six year old (he says he's fourteen though).

I put on the Japanese subs to see how close the english dialogue was to the original script and there were just too many moments where the character would add dialogue or change the sentence. In the first episode Goku goes on about how he doesn't like to hurt people but the pterodactyl gave him no choice but the subs had Goku thinking that he didn't save Bulma from the fall. That's just one of the changes that bugged me.

The dubs for DBZ and DBGT do this too, but it's much more severe; the original Dragon Ball's dialogue changes are minor in comparison. I'm glad you decided to check out the original Japanese version. Stick with it all the way through! The Z dub is littered with inaccuracies and BS, but a lot of people give it a pass due to nostalgia. Not trying to sound harsh, but it's the truth. Don't get the DBZ dub confused with Kai, though... While it's not perfect, it is still dubbed pretty well.

• Thumbs Up 2

Aside from plot rehashing, one of GT's bigger sins was sticking with Goku as the protagonist when Toei had both Pan and Uub to utilize, and both had so much potential that just went down the toilet.

Though, really, the continued reliance on Goku and Vegeta is pretty much my biggest pet peeve about post-Cell Dragon Ball in general. Their ill-deserved popularity is something of an albatross around the series' neck.

After reading all the posts it seems that I'll be giving the Japanese dub of DBZ a try and then seeing if I like Kai (dub or sub) better. GT sounds like it's a personal preference kinda thing but I've heard that it's non-canon(not from the manga), this that true? Thanks for all the insight guys!

Yamcha and Puar are okay, I don't really care for characters that turn weak kneed around girls. Oolong needs to die :lol:

14 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

ROCK the Dragon :U

W-What! I HAVE FAILED THE DRAGON BALL FANBASE!http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/o/n/onionshockplz.gif?1

27 minutes ago, Shasonsil said:

GT sounds like it's a personal preference kinda thing but I've heard that it's non-canon(not from the manga), this that true? Thanks for all the insight guys!

Why do people use the word "canon" Akira-sama never used the word, Toei never used the word. Doctor Who used the word, Star Wars used the word. If the creator hasn't used the word, why should the fans?

7 minutes ago, WakanoBaka said:

W-What! I HAVE FAILED THE DRAGON BALL FANBASE!http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/o/n/onionshockplz.gif?1

Why do people use the word "canon" Akira-sama never used the word, Toei never used the word. Doctor Who used the word, Star Wars used the word. If the creator hasn't used the word, why should the fans?

Because canon is a general term people use to describe what really happened on a show and what is part of the timeline?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Shasonsil said:

After reading all the posts it seems that I'll be giving the Japanese dub of DBZ a try and then seeing if I like Kai (dub or sub) better. GT sounds like it's a personal preference kinda thing but I've heard that it's non-canon(not from the manga), this that true? Thanks for all the insight guys!

Yamcha and Puar are okay, I don't really care for characters that turn weak kneed around girls. Oolong needs to die :lol:

GT is a sidestory that takes place well after the original story ends. You can take it or leave it. A lot of people like throwing around "canon" or the fact that Toriyama himself wasn't directly involved as a way of dismissing it when really they're just saying they don't like GT. Unlike the old movies and certain other things Toei did with the anime, GT doesn't really directly contradict the manga, save perhaps a couple things Toei themselves invented (the Saiyan/Tsufurian war I believe was told a bit differently in Z than it was in GT, but I wouldn't worry about that where you are right now). GT isn't an amazing series by any stretch, but I can't say I've ever felt it doesn't deserve to be a part of the timeline, or a timeline, at least.

I wonder if Super will ever air here. All the DB series have until now. DB and DBZ in 2003-2004, and GT in 2013. Kai also had a run in 2014(the first two has terrible dubs, the lastr 2 were only subbed). The movies never aired. Do you guys think that there is any chance of Super airing here?

1 hour ago, Zaysho said:

GT is a sidestory that takes place well after the original story ends. You can take it or leave it. A lot of people like throwing around "canon" or the fact that Toriyama himself wasn't directly involved as a way of dismissing it when really they're just saying they don't like GT. Unlike the old movies and certain other things Toei did with the anime, GT doesn't really directly contradict the manga, save perhaps a couple things Toei themselves invented (the Saiyan/Tsufurian war I believe was told a bit differently in Z than it was in GT, but I wouldn't worry about that where you are right now). GT isn't an amazing series by any stretch, but I can't say I've ever felt it doesn't deserve to be a part of the timeline, or a timeline, at least.

I see, so I'll just have to watch a few episodes when I'm gone with DBZ and see if I like it.

6 hours ago, Diamond said:

I wonder if Super will ever air here. All the DB series have until now. DB and DBZ in 2003-2004, and GT in 2013. Kai also had a run in 2014(the first two has terrible dubs, the lastr 2 were only subbed). The movies never aired. Do you guys think that there is any chance of Super airing here?

Why not? The Dragón Ball franchise is really popular world wide. The eve brought both of the latest movies overseas. I don't see why would someone pasa the chance...unless they are waiting for the bluray version that was supposed to contain upgraded animation

Yeah, the action is just so boring... Couple that with a re-imagining of stuff we've already seen and it's a god damn snore. Hopefully it'll pick itself back up when it gets to Universe 6. 

I think GT has been shoved into another universe or timeline at this point, theirs no way the events of super even remotely fit with GT now.

23 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

I think GT has been shoved into another universe or timeline at this point, theirs no way the events of super even remotely fit with GT now.

It's been like that since Battle of Gods. Heck, Xenoverse literally calls the GT universe "a split timeline created by Trunks meddling with time". In other words, a mistake. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ducktor Naldush Repulsa said:

It's been like that since Battle of Gods. Heck, Xenoverse literally calls the GT universe "a split timeline created by Trunks meddling with time". In other words, a mistake. 

OH SHIT, GUYS.....TELL ME YOU WANT A MANGA THAT STARS FUTURE TRUNKS AND KAI OF TIME......that would be epic, it would take the story of Xenoverse, Dragon Ball Online and GT(and etc, cause XV and DBO have the sorta same story), I would watch that anime and read that manga!

5 hours ago, WakanoBaka said:

OH SHIT, GUYS.....TELL ME YOU WANT A MANGA THAT STARS FUTURE TRUNKS AND KAI OF TIME......that would be epic, it would take the story of Xenoverse, Dragon Ball Online and GT(and etc, cause XV and DBO have the sorta same story), I would watch that anime and read that manga!

Yeah, but in XV Ginyu doesnt become a giant frog, Cell doesnt become Cell X and so on...

8 hours ago, Ice Vec said:

Why not? The Dragón Ball franchise is really popular world wide. The eve brought both of the latest movies overseas. I don't see why would someone pasa the chance...unless they are waiting for the bluray version that was supposed to contain upgraded animation

What do you mean by the second sentence? The movies are coming this year in Europe?

7 hours ago, Diamond said:

Yeah, but in XV Ginyu doesnt become a giant frog, Cell doesnt become Cell X and so on...

What do you mean by the second sentence? The movies are coming this year in Europe?

To be honest, I didn't know they weren't brought to Europe. That's news to me

The movies DID came out in most parts of Europe.

France, Spain, Italy....heck, the Resurrection F DVD is coming out in two weeks here.

Its really sad that none of the movies were brought here. I guess that means Super doesnt have that much of a chance to air.

The joke is ironically that Ryusei Nakao voices Yakko in the Japanese dub of Animaniacs.

I figured you might get a chuckle out of this ironic video.

7 hours ago, Lime/Key/Parvati-Pai said:

The joke is ironically that Ryusei Nakao voices Yakko in the Japanese dub of Animaniacs.

I figured you might get a chuckle out of this ironic video.

Off topic:When was that song created? The song has many errors for some countries.

On topic: Did episode 26 of Super release? I didnt hear naything about it/