Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

I'm really excited to see this Universe 6 Tournament saga and how they'll handle it in the anime.

Sorry for the double-post, but, uh... here's a picture of Guy #5 on Beerus' team, who apparently gave him more trouble than SSG Goku?

Hidden Content

... Yeah, reminds me a bit of the Scaramanga guy from James Bond.

This guy gave Beerus more trouble than Goku huh? I can't wait to see how strong he really is.

Perhaps not, but at least the battle between SSJ3 Goku and Beerus was entertaining. The action in episode 24 was so stale... 

Woops, apparently these are the names of the Uni 6 fighters:

ヒット

キャベ

フロスト

ボタモ

マゲッタ

So yes, the bear's name is Botamo

Edited by ThePrinceOfSaiyajins

I see those are some interesting names.... by the way

doesn't that "purple Pikkon clone" look kinda similar to Cell? could it be some sort of counter-part ?  

But yeah back to names... Frost is really lame xD I do like Hitto and Magetta.

So just to be clear we got a saiyan, maybe cell counter-part, frieza species, bear guy who I think is clearly Buu's match-up and counter-part. And giant bot to mix things up.

Yep can't wait for this arc to begin ~

Edited by dabbido

http://creditconcerto.blogspot.com/2015/12/yamcha.html

God damn Yamcha's life is just...sad. like really fucking sad. like something needs to happen for his character in DBS to be redeemed sad.

Yamcha isn't even going to appear anymore on DBS as far as the info we have now goes.

Edited by Ratcicle King

Sorry to drag the topic away from Super, but as I mentioned in the Christmas Haul thread, I got Season 1 & 2 of DBZ for Christmas (Yes, it's the orange bricks before anyone asks). As I said previously, seeing as this is the first time I've seen DBZ (I only watched a few episodes of Kai before this), and I haven't had any problems with the boxsets, in terms of colouring or cropping, that I noticed anyway. I'm up to Episode 22 (Just as Goku left King Kai's planet, and Vegeta/Nappa landed on Earth). The episodes so far have been pretty good but I've noticed some glaring problems so far.

Firstly, the filler in this season feels really unbearable. The only filler episodes I actively liked was Goku's fall off of Snake Way, and trying to get back onto it, Goku's encounter with Snake Princess, and Vegta/Nappa stopping into a planet. The rest of the filler is pretty much a total bore so far, and the main reason is it's based solely on Gohan doing the same things with very little purpose. Personally, I found the subplots of Goku going across Snake Way, Krillin breaking the news to Chi Chi and Ox King, and the other sub plots to be infinitely more interesting than the main plot of Gohan's survival training. 

The reason why is it feels really sameish throughout. Half of it is Gohan just crying about the entire situation, which yes, he's four, obviously he's gonna cry a bit, but he does it every 5 fucking minutes and begins screaming for help from people who obviously aren't there, and before someone tells me it's only being realistic, well. This is the series where that very same four year old can turn into a massive ape that screams energy blasts, and can land on his feet from high distances. Realism isn't exactly needed here. Then the second half is slightly better because at the very least, Gohan is competent at this point, but it's still more of the same with him running around and making fun of the local wild life. It just isn't interesting to watch. 

• Thumbs Up 2

DBZ's filler is pretty hit and miss, personally. The Saiyan and Namek arcs are probably the worst, with a few exceptions, but I'd say later stuff like during the Artificial Humans and Buu arcs fare better. I'm personally quite fond of the Otherworld Tournament that takes place between the Cell and Buu arcs, but I always loved how Toei handled the afterlife in Dragon Ball. And of course, the Bardock and Trunks TV specials are among the best things Toei ever produced, though I consider them more essential viewing than filler.

I would say the Gohan-centric episodes from the early half of the Saiyan saga are easily the worst, especially because none of the development really sticks with Gohan, far as I can tell. I suppose they wanted to show that he's at least TRYING to grow up, though admittedly I prefer the manga wherein we first see him as being kinda whiny, and after Piccolo leaves him we fast forward a bit and see that he's really learned. I do think his moments with Piccolo are golden, though, and I admit the robot episode was enough to show his development (and the dinosaur episode to a degree--interesting that Saban/FUNi spliced those two episodes together in the old edited version). That aside, I don't think the other episodes from before he actually starts training with Piccolo really add much to his character.

EDIT: Ford and FUNimation are at it again!

I still cannot believe they were able to make this ad campaign happen.

Edited by Zaysho

Thats why i prefer Kai. Ryan, it isnt that much of a sploiler,but after the second arc, theres a whole saga of filler

Edited by Diamond

Filler sucks don't watch them. except the car driving episode later on after freeza, you must watch that.

I'm guessing that's the one where the driving inspector almost kills Piccolo? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Not exactly.

The episode is about Chi-Chi being tired of walking to buy groceries and what not, so she forces Goku, who gets Piccolo in on this as well, to get a license so that Goku can drive her around. Goku and Piccolo fuck up royal, and it's amazing.