Awoo.

Dragon Ball (Warning: Untagged Spoilers)

FourCartridge

I've never read the Viz translation. It's in the German version and I checked a scan online a bit ago.

I've never read the Viz translation. It's in the German version and I checked a scan online a bit ago.

I don't know how accurate the German one is, but I suppose it's irrelevant. Gohan's supposed to be 16, but is physically 17 thanks to the ROSAT. 

Holy crap, so he maried Videl at 18 years old? And if Super will soon connect to BoG, it means that Gohan... And Videl... Did.. Oh Gohan, you son of a gun. You've made a huge mistake, tho.

See, I'm not sure Videl is going to be pregnant at this time just because of all the mistakes that makes with the timeline. Battle of Gods takes place roughly five or six years before the end of the series, while Super is set shortly after the defeat of Kid Buu. Of course, due to Super, Battle of Gods and Resurrection F no longer count, but I'm not expecting anything to change regarding Pan, because that would end up contradicting the manga.  I know Toriyama has a reputation for being forgetful, but he's been pretty good about not doing anything that directly contradicts what he did with the manga (the anime is a different story...). This has been the case with Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, and even the recent movies--stuff that was never actually explained or shown in the manga (such as Hell or Bardock's story) are completely different from how they're portrayed the anime. This does make me curious how the retelling of Battle of Gods is going to happen, though, since Videl was the key to unlocking the Super Saiyan God form and Tarble wasn't there. Unless they change the rules a bit, or include Tarble (I think the JSAT special takes place before Super), I can't see how else they'll use that form in the part of the timeline the new series takes place.

Would have made more sense if Toriyama and Toei left BoG and RF alone in their respective spots on the timeline. I like the idea of adapting them for the new format, but it would have been better to focus on stories that take place prior to BoG, even if that means we don't get to have Beerus and Whis as part of the cast.

Know what the ironic thing is?

Chi-Chi instilled the idea of "Fighting will not make you successful as much as an education will" in Gohan that he kept to his whole life.

Yet Goku is the one walking away with 100 million Zeni.

• Thumbs Up 5

Man, King Kai's Japanese voice actor is really bad. Like, the character is yelling at Goku, yet the actor sounds like he's having a pleasant conversation over tea.

OH GOD I WASNT THE ONLY ONE.

Like its really not fitting. The character has all the exagerrated faces and gestrues yet his voice actor is just dull and montone, never raising at all? Like I think the character couldve benefited from a new VA

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh thank God there's people that have a problem with King Kai's voice. Also what's the point of this show? Why are we still on battle of gods? 

That's like saying "What's the point of OVA adaptions of anime when they just retell the same story?"- I mean I'm pretty sure one of the Dragon Ball movies is just a retelling of Dragon Ball. For one thing, it lets them do things they weren't able to do before, or got ideas about but didn't have time do do. It also allows them to further expand on the ideas in the stories or tell them in alternate ways. For one thing, Bulba's burthday is on a cruise ship this time, not at Capsule Corporation, so it's not like you're literally watching the same thing as the BoG movie.

Sure, It'll end up the same way (SSG Goku fending off Beerus well enough to convince him to spare the Earth). But events will occur differently to an extent.

Edit: Forgot to say, after the first two arcs (which cover BoG and RoF respectively), Super will get into original content, so you can just skip the first two arcs if you really want to.

Edited by Shade Vortex
Additional statement.

Oh thank God there's people that have a problem with King Kai's voice. Also what's the point of this show? Why are we still on battle of gods? 

To be fair, this isn't Battle of Gods to a T, and to be honest, I prefer an adaptation as opposed to being told go watch Battle of Gods again. 

As for Kaio's voice actor, I encourage people to view some of his earlier performances. I personally think Sean Schemmel does a better job regardless, but early Joji Yanami was a great Kaio. 

Edited by ThePrinceOfSaiyajins

Know what the ironic thing is?

Chi-Chi instilled the idea of "Fighting will not make you successful as much as an education will" in Gohan that he kept to his whole life.

Yet Goku is the one walking away with 100 million Zeni.

Holy shit, this irony.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not really. Goku gave all the money to his family, so Gohan still gets rich.

It's not like the money was specifically for Goku in the first place. It was for his family.

Well, Gohan doesn't really get that much of the money, if any, because he's already married to Mr. Satan himself, who is already filthy rich and built the couple a mansion to live in.

That, and Gohan basically becomes famous later for actually researching and publishing what he knows about ki as a book.

Can't wait for DB Super to come out in English. I can't stand some of the voices in Japanese, (especially Gokus) otherwise I'd be watching.

I really friggin' hate that this is one of many obvious confirmations of the Buu Saga/Final Chapters being recorded and released in English, but they still refuse to both announce and release it.

I think I wouldn't even mind if they just said what exactly was going on, or why they didn't do it in the first place.

ALSO REVIVAL F ON TUESDAY WHOOOOOO

King Kaio's actor, if I had to guess, is pretty old by now, and so the acting comes out more slurred and monotone. It's a similar effect to recent Lupin III stuff where Zenigata'll always sound a bit weird.

• Thumbs Up 1

Boy I sure do love how Super is basically making me re-watch a way worse animated version of Battle of Gods, I look forward seeing that for the next several weeks instead of new stuff.

tumblr_nsu497oZ1T1tienzco7_540.jpg

tumblr_nsu497oZ1T1tienzco8_400.jpg

tumblr_nsu497oZ1T1tienzco9_250.png

tumblr_nsu497oZ1T1tienzco4_400.jpg

Thank you based Toei :///

(King Kai's voice still sucks)

• Thumbs Up 4

Man, I seriously hope Madhouse does My Hero Academia even more than before. I thought they did Hunter x Hunter fantastically.

Boy I sure do love how Super is basically making me re-watch a way worse animated version of Battle of Gods, I look forward seeing that for the next several weeks instead of new stuff.

the first one is ok

I have barely seen anything Dragon Ball related (Apart from some episodes of the Sayian, and Frieza sagas) but wow, that animation is absolutely awful. Beerus looks alright, I guess, from that one screenshot, but Goku looks like a middle aged guy who's trying to cosplay as a super sayian.

I don't even want to know how Vegeta, Piccolo, Krillin, or Gohan would look in that style.

Then again, I don't even really see the point in adapting two of the movie arcs into the series, especially when the animation is going to nose dive like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pencil Neck Vegeta and Smug Cell. 

Well, those were great for a laugh

The first one looks like fucking Boris Karloff.

Oh my god, thank you!

Seriously, I was trying to understand all day why that Gacku was so familiar to me.