Awoo.

Your latest Non-Sonic/SEGA Collection additions & Pre-orders

Lady Soniko

12/26/2012 haul:

HNI_0079-1_zps1477d04c.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles McDonald's Toy - Raphael Figure

1/4/2013 haul:

HNI_0083-2_zps6dd5d2fa.jpg

IDW Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Volume 3: Shadows of the Past (Book) (Amazon)

I put down a deposit for this awesome lady to make me a sculpture: http://emilysculpts.deviantart.com/

Unfortunately, she won't be starting on it until either April or May, but I'm lucky I got a slot at all. Not telling what I commissioned her for until I get it and can snap photos, but you guys won't be surprised at all ;p

You know I'm tempted to ask you what it is, is it busty and awesome? Or an obscure character that hasn't had a figure form? Either way I'm excited to see the results! I've had in mind about 4-5 custom figures from a sculptor I know, but his prices are are a bit high end for even standard stuff, but god damn his work is amazingly flawless!

Soniko, I want your job so I can afford so much awesome. Unfortunately, I can BARELY afford to collect Sonic stuff, but I get jealous of you guys here.

Your Metroid figures are mesmerizing, but you need to get Link too (unless you got him already, which I wouldn't be surprised).

Soniko, I want your job so I can afford so much awesome. Unfortunately, I can BARELY afford to collect Sonic stuff, but I get jealous of you guys here.

Your Metroid figures are mesmerizing, but you need to get Link too (unless you got him already, which I wouldn't be surprised).

Are you sure you want to journey to the depths of hell with us? :3c

Edited by Noël Vermillion/Kagerou
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wanted Link, but then seen them use the boring, uninspiring Skyward Sword design which is nothing compared to the chain mail, and stitched up tunic he wore in Twilight Princess, I wasn't fond of his face either, the only thing I'd probably get it for is the Master Sword and Hylian Shield, so probably a no lol.

Got this Bad boy for christmas.

Picture506Small.jpg

Only £20!

Also pre-ordered this sexy beast.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-5686&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dcharizard%24pagemax%3D100%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Never thought I would see a high end chrizard figure, or any pokemon for that matter. There was also a Mewtwo announced for this year. I cant wait to get this guy in my hands, I need to see how theyve done that tail! It looks to have loads of possiblity but I cant seen any joints.

1/9/2013 haul:

HNI_0006-2_zpsf6284508.jpg

Tiny Toon Adventures Volume 3: Crazy Crew Rescues! (DVD) (Best Buy)

Also, speaking of calendars, I also finally got one for this year. However, I decided to forgo my usual pattern of picking up a themed one at retail and had an awesome custom one made:

HNI_0085-2_zpsa6866bb2.jpg

As you can imagine, each month features something different from my one of my various collections. January is one of my favorites:

HNI_0086-1_zps0c5d728c.jpg

February features an extra dose of TURTLE POWER:

HNI_0088-4_zps82d50334.jpg

March looks back on an old friend:

HNI_0089_zps5de10ec9.jpg

April hints at something that's going down in the newstands that month:

HNI_0090-4_zpsb0fcbd3b.jpg

May features a day at the races:

HNI_0095-4_zpsd5cab2f2.jpg

June has past and present powers meeting:

HNI_0092-1_zps5eb6f1e2.jpg

July calls in the A.R.M.P.I.T. Platoon (Save for one member who the background is trying to fill in for.):

HNI_0096_zps7760dabc.jpg

August unites the knights:

HNI_0097-2_zps6af31291.jpg

September marks a certain figure's fifth year in the collection:

HNI_0098-2_zps1d7ce3c1.jpg

October throws a killer Halloween party that a certain merc decides to crash:

HNI_0099-4_zps913a3b30.jpg

November enjoys a very super feast:

HNI_0008-2_zps086e51da.jpg

December ends things with jolliness:

HNI_0002-3_zpsd8b8a5eb.jpg

...and the back cover speeds forward into a new year:

HNI_0094-2_zps7ffbeaac.jpg

Definitely came out quite well considering how many photos I had to take. Should be quite a fun year. smile.png

Edited by Lone CC of the Apocalypse
  • Thumbs Up 2

Don't mind that folks, I'm just too stupid to pick the right topic. unsure.png

Edited by Speedy

1/9/2013 haul:

HNI_0085-2_zpsa6866bb2.jpg

That's an awesome idea, love your photos too.

How much did it cost/ where did you get it from?

Welp, another character I know nothing about came back in stock on AmiAmi. She has horns, a tail, and a Christmas theme! Couldn't resist!

griffon_kamashirasawa_keine02.jpg

1/11/2013 haul:

HNI_0015-4_zps8abce106.jpg

IDW Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Volume 2: Enemies Old, Enemies New (Book) (Amazon)

That's an awesome idea, love your photos too.

How much did it cost/ where did you get it from?

Thanks! Don't know exactly where it came from, as my Mom ordered it along with a couple of others for my family (I only took the photos), but I believe it cost around $7.99 to $10.99, about the same as a retail one, hence why I didn't follow my usual pattern because I could get something cooler for the same price.

Edited by Lone CC of the Apocalypse

...So I think I've finally found my waifu:

figure-muramasa-sansei-maxfactory-01.jpg

Mandarake packages take a ridiculously long time to reach me, and normally I am patient, but holy smokes do I want this figure. She's just drop dead gorgeous.

1/14/2013 haul:

HNI_0018-1_zps26d67bd0.jpg

Mega Man #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, and #21 (Archie Comics Shop)

HNI_0019-3_zps8c516d0d.jpg

Power Rangers Megaforce - Red Ranger Figure (ToysRUs)
Power Rangers Megaforce - Blue Ranger Figure (ToysRUs)
Power Rangers Megaforce - Black Ranger Figure (ToysRUs)
Power Rangers Megaforce - Yellow Ranger Figure (ToysRUs)
Power Rangers Megaforce - Pink Ranger Figure (ToysRUs)

HNI_0023-2_zps99adc442.jpg

Super Mario Mini Figure Collection - Super Three Pack Collection (Mario, Peach, and Bowser) (ToysRUs)
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Minimate Set - Zero and Magneto (ToysRUs)

HNI_0025-2_zps2acb483a.jpg

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Volume 3 (Barnes & Noble)
Power Rangers Super Samurai Mega Bloks Hero Pack - Super Mega Red (TJ Maxx)

• Thumbs Up 1

I was forced to go out today since my food (and toilet roll) was running dangerously low. That doesn't mean I didn't make the best out of a bad situation though. Went into HMV and took advantage of the Blue Cross sale (which was running before they went into administration, fgi) to add some anime to my collection after years of not having bought any. So, at HMV, I got;

-Akira

-Ghost in the Shell 2.0

-Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

-The complete series of Puella Magi Madoka Magica

-The soundtrack to Labyrinth (because David Bowie is more anime-level absurd than most anime)

If you guys have the Kotobukiya's Vash the Stampede ordered, I strongly suggest that you cancel. Many reports of broken legs have been coming in. Alas, I too have suffered the same fate:

001-10_zpsdaa064d5.jpg

002-3_zps34cbdc2a.jpg

So what is quality control, because it seems Kotobukiya doesn't know what it is. And wow, I read your post on MFC, AmiAmi are dicks. Most of my figures are made by either Goodsmile or Alter (excluding Stocking and Kneesocks, I've had a good track record with them so far), I have one from Koto on order and I think I might "forget" about it come payment time.

Edited by Gray Fullbuster

I have A LOT of Koto figures and haven't had any reason to complain (besides some meddling with designs from initial drawing but that mostly comes with the territory) before but I tend to prefer Alter/GSC. Though I have seriously stopped pre-ordering stuff lately... it's just "eh...". Getting tired of import duties and stuff, I guess.

I'll check out the details on this Vash thing. o_o

I actually think First4Figures and the Pokémon D-arts are my only open orders. Because Pokémon.

While its not anything special nor part of a collection I just feel like showing this off.

1230162750.jpg

I recently got me a bass and I really love it. I had to take this pic in my sister's room since my room isn't well lit.

But man its beautiful. I just wish I had more time to practice. :/

Saw her used on AmiAmi and thought she was really cool, especially the base.

HOB-FIG-3701A.jpg

Saw her used on AmiAmi and thought she was really cool, especially the base.

HOB-FIG-3701A.jpg

hahaha was looking at that earlier myself, nice grab!

I got a couple more DVD additions, again Asian-related.

-Tokyo Godfathers; this one actually had been put in the wrong section, hence why I didn't find it with the Anime. Loved this film when I saw it about two years ago.

-Detective Dee: Mystery of the Phantom Flame; I was morbidly curious. :S

While its not anything special nor part of a collection I just feel like showing this off.

I recently got me a bass and I really love it. I had to take this pic in my sister's room since my room isn't well lit.

But man its beautiful. I just wish I had more time to practice. :/

Man that's a mice bass, I don't often see SG's around.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hyrule Historia get!!

1CFE8E88-A7CF-42BE-BE6E-CF839B0FADAA-191

5B10EB77-1F42-4542-985D-47AD7237350C-191

A23ADA85-83E1-41F9-8829-E63AF1E6B9DE-191

EDIT: My free Professor Layton luggage tag also finally turned up!

32935EFF-6F49-42CD-BFDD-3E4CCF7C5120-198

Edited by -Mark-
  • Thumbs Up 1