Awoo.

Your latest Non-Sonic/SEGA Collection additions & Pre-orders

Lady Soniko

Soniko strikes again. This is the second figure I've purchased because of her:

e4b3c0820beccaeb850f43cae1a34726.jpg

I think that's it now, though! xD

This thread needs more mecha, so this is why I'm showing you this.

After waiting an extra week of delay due to the Sandy incident, my Shadow Fox Zoid kit finally arrived.

DSCN0425.jpg

As you can probably tell in this photo, I'm already working on it. Just finished its head and nearly finished the torso, then it's on to the legs. I'm absolutely digging the artwork on the box. cool.png

Soniko strikes again. This is the second figure I've purchased because of her:

e4b3c0820beccaeb850f43cae1a34726.jpg

I think that's it now, though! xD

Now we all have Dead Master. "One of us~ One of us~"

I clearly had her first though :P

but anyway... One of Us~ One of Us~!

so i finally caved and pre-ordered Anime Gold Saw...

FIG-MOE-7709.jpg

Also Dead Master Anime Nendoroid just went live for Pre-Order!

FIG-MOE-7716.jpg

She even comes with her Bone throne! you know, when she goes all "BITCH, YOU TOOK MATO FROM ME, I GO PSYCHO NOW PLS"

Also Sonico Figma FINALLY went live!

FIG-MOE-7717.jpg

That chest is ridiculously large for a Figma, but i'll still grab it anyway~

I just got her in the mail today smile.png Karen Araragi

DSCN0419.jpg

Out of all Figma's I have she's probably my favorite so far, and I also have the rest of the Araragi family on order from AmiAmi as well tongue.png

Edit: Weird how Soniko and I get into the figma hoarding phase around the same time tongue.png They're hypnotizing us into buying more stuff woman! ;A;

Edit: Goddammit, I had to browse AmiAmi's used section...

HOB-FIG-8881_08.jpg

ME SAW, ME BOUGHT! ;A; She's a cast off, but honestly I just like her overall tongue.png And suddenly Nu realizes how much she's spent on figures this year... Holy fucking shit.

Edited by Nu-13/Noel Vermillion
  • Thumbs Up 1

This turned up yesterday;

25E2CBD7-C3FC-4BEF-9FB6-A589B0E4F071-914-00000046AF7D95CB.jpg

Meaning I now own the entirety of FMAB; the whole series, the movie, and this OVA collection. Seeing as it's only available as a DVD/ Blu-Ray combo pack, it's also my first every Blu-Ray... not that I have anything that I can play the BD version on yet. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

Has the Black Rock Shooter anime gotten a release outside of Japan yet? I'd really like to pick it up, but all I can find on Amazon is a limited edition bundle that says it's region free, which usually means bootleg. However, since it's subtitled in seven languages, was this a special release so anyone willing to import could enjoy it?

Has the Black Rock Shooter anime gotten a release outside of Japan yet? I'd really like to pick it up, but all I can find on Amazon is a limited edition bundle that says it's region free, which usually means bootleg. However, since it's subtitled in seven languages, was this a special release so anyone willing to import could enjoy it?

Not sure but the original OVA was region free on Blu-ray. I haven't checked out the series on either format yet.

...but uh, the US rolled the same region as Japan for Blu-rays anyways. Different story for DVDs. As I don't partake much in those anymore (They look bloody horrendous on our 55"), I really can't advise on those.

I accidentally a Pokémon movie set from the states and found out that it was region A only. Fun... time to get ripped off at twice the price for half the content in the domestic market!

Edited by Andrew Albacia

Huh. Japan is so funny with their Blu-rays; in some cases I've heard that companies really don't want them released outside of Japan so they region lock them, which is why Panty and Stocking only had a regular DVD release for the USA

I guess I'm out of luck since I only have a regular old DVD player. I'll just have to bum the eps off youtube.

Edited by Hexadecimal

OVA BRS is region free in 7 languages (subtitles only) But the Anime hasn't been released outside of Japan yet, It is coming but not for a while yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

OMG. I just watched the OVA and I loved it so much! I can't wait to see the anime so the other characters can get fleshed out a bit more; I'm so curious about Yuu.

I just adored Yomi, though, so I'm even more excited to get my Dead Master figure! Weee!

OMG. I just watched the OVA and I loved it so much! I can't wait to see the anime so the other characters can get fleshed out a bit more; I'm so curious about Yuu.

I just adored Yomi, though, so I'm even more excited to get my Dead Master figure! Weee!

The anime has no connection to the OVA, they pull the "It's a different verse" bullshit, it's still good though, the series treats you nice for 2 episodes and then punishes you with boring episodes until the final 2 then you're all HOLY SHIT.

It's a total brain twister by the end of the series you're just sat there going..."huuuuuuhwhaaaaaaaa??" then you look down and realize you've creamed yourself from the amazement you just witnessed, yep Black Rock Shooter just fucking raped you and you gladly accepted it.

Huh. Japan is so funny with their Blu-rays; in some cases I've heard that companies really don't want them released outside of Japan so they region lock them, which is why Panty and Stocking only had a regular DVD release for the USA

This shouldn't be too much of a problem. If you google the model of your dvd player you should be able to find a "region hack" for it, it's basically the code manufacturers use to lock the machines. If you can find one set it to region 0 and you'll be able to play dvds from any county. :)

I guess I'm out of luck since I only have a regular old DVD player. I'll just have to bum the eps off youtube.

Actually, Panty and Stocking is having a Blu-ray release early next year. We can get them, but they're delayed to prevent "reverse importing", but... to be honest, most of the anime we get has already been out for a year or 2 in Japan so they have already made their most important consumer base happy so I don't see what the big deal is...

And plus it only seems to happen with shows produced in anyway by Kadokawa.

I BOUGHT SOMETHING

SOMETHING AMAZING

FOR £2

WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS

ITS BADASSERY

THE THING I'M TALKING ABOUT

WILL PERSONALLY FUCK YOUR SHIT UP

FOR EVEN LOOKING AT ITS PICTURE

THIS THING

IS

A FUCKING TALKING BIDOOF PLUSH

29425_640.jpg

(not my picture)

• Thumbs Up 2

^ Yeah, I'm watching her on MFC. I think she's going to be amazing!

Also, there's going to be figures of Youko Kurama and Kuwabara! I'm eager to see those!

Most importantly, however, is an upcoming figure of Raidou Kuzunoha! I seriously can't wait!

Once again I am back to fill this topic with more PSG merch that I'm collecting.

This time, the new Animation sketches art book! Pre-ordered this a few months back, just got it today :) 320 pages of original animation stills.

Hit the spoiler for some pics!

IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow. Not only did I get my Dead Master figure but I finished the Black Rock Shooter anime.

I have to say I seriously did not expect it to be that dark and violent. I still did like it, but the OVA was more cutesy and bittersweet. Psycho chick in the wheelchair had an awesome character design but since I didn't know just how far the anime was going to go I was really scared just how much she'd torture poor Yomi.

However, I'm not too thrilled about all the neon green the added to Dead Master. I really prefer the original design.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow. Not only did I get my Dead Master figure but I finished the Black Rock Shooter anime.

I have to say I seriously did not expect it to be that dark and violent. I still did like it, but the OVA was more cutesy and bittersweet. Psycho chick in the wheelchair had an awesome character design but since I didn't know just how far the anime was going to go I was really scared just how much she'd torture poor Yomi.

However, I'm not too thrilled about all the neon green the added to Dead Master. I really prefer the original design.

It is pretty grim dark, but the psychological twist at the end was pulled off amazingly, I also didn't think Black Rock Shooter was that hell-bent on purging the Other World of all the bad, it kind of tainted her character and made it seem as she was more anti-hero than a hero, Kagari's character was pulled off amazingly, psycho wheelchair hypercondriact liar to keep Yomi for herself, when they traversed back to the other world, Chariot was amazing, her spider chariot was crazy awesome, however i did not like how they shoved the Yomi going crazy scene into the story for the sake of OVA fan service and for the sake of BRS having another fight with DM, despite fighting to save her in the first 2 episodes.

I could debate, bitch and gush about the Anime all day, just disappointed they used the same excuse "It's another verse" and didn't continue from the OVA, even when there are clear links back to it, why bother if it's got nothing to do with the OVA in the first place?

Bump!

latest buy... Brace yourself for some obscure awesomeness!

derplan33-img600x436-1328966370uqfdre48242.jpg

derplan33-img401x600-1328966370zznnzh48242.jpg

Tillis from Burning Rangers Garage kit! and a few other things i'll update this post with in a mo~

• Thumbs Up 1

Noelly has spent a lot of money on art books, manga, anime and pvc figures over the past few weeks :3

First up is my Alice the Gatekeeper figure from Queens Gate, she is a cast off, and no she doesn't wear pants and that top is removable ( >:3 ), but I didn't buy it for that I just thought she looked awesome!

DSCN0421.jpg

And next up, my anime, manga and book purchases.

DSCN0422.jpg

Sketching Manga Vol. 1-5 (the price to acquire each book in this series is something I do not wish to go into, let's just say it will make you cry)

Hellsing Vol. 1-10, yeah I bought all 10 volumes because I love Seras Victori-I mean Hellsing >:3

And last but not least, coming in at $59 The Limited Edition Bluray Remaster of Serial Experiments Lain with 200 page artbook, and interview booklet.

And at a whopping $149 we have the Limited Edition set for Bakemonogatari with Limited Edition artbook, that being said the Lain limited edition is a lot better, Aniplex are just greedy assholes. But yeah, Noelly has been busy. :D

The Link figma I had on pre-order is nearly here! I'm tracking it, it's gone through customs and has been processed. But it was updated today with "Retention".

I did a quick Google search and apparently it's when it's at the sorting office ready to collect (and may need to pay a customs charge), so went up there today and they couldn't find anything and the tracking number just brought up an error for them.

So what does retention mean? I'm a bit confused now ( ordered from Hobby Search and it's the first time I've ordered from a site like this)

Edited by Guest