Awoo.

Your latest Non-Sonic/SEGA Collection additions & Pre-orders

Lady Soniko

As long as you curb your spending after this, seriously this is my biggest New Year's Resolution for 2013, We should really help each other personally I think Noel.

Unless it's Black Rock Shooter in my case then, lolno i will buy it, but everything else i really need to dumb down.

Edited by Super Snowiko

12/5/2012 haul:

HNI_0095-3.jpg

Club Nintendo Exclusive Platinum Playing Cards (They're PUUUUUUUURRRRRRRDDDDDDDYYYYYYYY...)

Look what turned up two days early. :)

EBCFED53-BFCC-4B3F-915C-4FC9055CA588-1280-0000009B17A9C292.jpg

Also, since I forgot to post them, I got quite the haul last Friday;

4CDCDA58-581B-4AD2-9F09-70AAC3F60F0F-456-000000270D21805D.jpg

262DC3D7-B892-4021-B020-4D0351FFBA4D-456-0000002713036A7C.jpg

(and the Wii U itself, obviously)

Got figma Link!

486337_508403329193441_1216732028_n.jpg

21921_508466359187138_1789618326_n.jpg

^ Testing out the stand :)

This is basically the Link figure I dreamed of having when I was younger, I love it! Everything looks perfect, no paint flaws or anything.

Plus, there's just so much you can do with this in terms of posing. I haven't had a proper go at trying many different cool poses yet, but I will do soon and have a bit of a photo-shoot!

My only problem with this was that the pommel of the Master sword was very hard to remove. I had to use my teeth to hold it while pulling for grip, it took a lot of force which was a bit worrying. But now it's very easy to put back on/pull off anytime.

Other than that, I wish that he had a happy expression face. A few Rupees or a Heart container would have made nice other accessories, too (though the Rupees from the Windwaker Gashapons might work well)

I'm kinda tempted to sculpt a few accessories for him (mainly a heart container and the Goddess' harp)

Anyway, all-in-all I'm really happy with him, he's probably the best figure (and first figma) I own :)

The reason he lacks all the typical Zelda garb and items is due it being based on his Skyward Sword self, so the Sword is definitely the main centre piece of this set, however the fact he comes with a Hylian Shield instead of one of his repairable shields is odd since you don't land the Hylian Shield until you take on the Thunder Dragon's Challenge and beat 11 bosses in a row 3/4 into the game... As nice as it is, I think they skimped out big time on the accessories and such they could have bundled with this, could of had some bugs, or his remote scarab, or hell even Sand Blower, Wish they had gone with the much nicer looking Twilight Link, his outfit and accessories are much nicer.

Oh if you'd like more accessories for him, can i suggest the diecast ones they made recently? Really lovely looking.

the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-metal-item-collection-set-of-6-2823-p.jpg

Got figma Link!

Anyway, all-in-all I'm really happy with him, he's probably the best figure (and first figma) I own smile.png

Yay! Got a feeling we're going to be seeing a bunch of these coming in. Also, yesterday I read that anyone who ordered Link within the US (from a US store like Big Bad) won't be getting them since Diamond failed to secure the rights to distribute it - despite taking a shedload of pre-orders. I doubt anyone here did but it will probably impact what are left - if there are anymore.

Figma tend to be of decent quality. Though be careful with the pegs that they attach to the support with. Sometimes you can get the softer plastic chewed to fuck on them. Zen and the art of forcing pegs. Same with Nendoroids on occasion. The Mickey one was a total cunt with this.

Oh if you'd like more accessories for him, can i suggest the diecast ones they made recently? Really lovely looking.

Those are great but they don't really go with the matte plastic look, I fear.

Funny, when we went into that "animez" store last we actually bought Zelda stuff >.>

Guess they're fans.

Yeah... I think my Bastion obsession is slowly taking over my life.

*calming tone*

Kid keeps buying up everythin'. Best thing is to put 'im down, quick and clean before another calamity comes knockin'.

I've got Milla Maxwell to worry about...

I really hate that I forgot to pre-order her... Missed Rita too since she came out at a very bad time. wacko.png

Yuri is a lonely badass.

Raven and Estellise and the Xilia male lead dude are getting released sometime too. Fucking Alter will kill me one day.

*edit*

Oh... fuck you Koto... gonna be a lot of money to even start to catch up on this line... not that their shelf has room left anyways.

403037_561582573858143_69823080_n.jpg

Edited by Andrew Albacia

No pandas were harmed in the taking of this photo. Nor were there any genderchangers swapping.

There damn well better not have been any injured pandas, you fiend!

There damn well better not have been any injured pandas, you fiend!

There's a panda that knows Anything Goes Martial Arts!

I got the figma Link and the keychain set. The Master Sword and Hylian Shield are too small but Link comes with them so who cares. The Gust Bellows is way too small. The Digging Mitts are a little small and there's no way to get Link to wear them. However the Beetle and Harp are almost perfect size to go along with the figure.

I also recently finally won an auction for the Majora's Mask figures of Deku, Goron, and Zora link! They're SUPER rare and I've been looking for these babies for a long time. When they show up I'll post pictures.

Royal Mail are holding my Figma Link to ransom. sad.png

24743157.jpg

Not exactly Parcelforce, but you get the idea. dry.png £12.34 on top of nearly 30 quid...no Figma is worth this much, even if it is Link.

Edited by Heybunny

I know that feeling Bunny... Ugh, if you've been charged for a lone figma when I've gotten away with EMS with a huuuuge box from Japan with over 52 items in it (true story!) scott free, there is definitely something wrong with the parcel system. dry.png

Just got an early Christmas gift from my parents:

HNI_0097-1.jpg

Pokemon White 2

This should help alleviate my current state of boredom until the big day arrives. cool.png

I caved and ordered this little guy:

9yMHm.jpg

Expecting him to arrive tomorrow! The Monster Hunter cats are my greatest weakness, no idea why I don't have more merch of these guys!

Noel goes to shitty con, but manages to get some stuff out of it...

20121209_212913.jpg

shitty pic but whatever... this is about 6 hours before I became a drunk bastard.

Got another early Christmas gift! (Trying to clear some of them out from under our tree in advance as its kind of messy at the moment.)

HNI_0099-3.jpg

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (Wii U)

Don't have a Wii U yet, though, so I'll have to wait until Christmas to play it. :P

Kind of an interesting story with this one. I was in my retro store as usual seeing if my most wanted gem was in there at all. It wasn't, and I couldn't see anything else in there, so I was a couple of seconds away from leaving. In walks this guy, he asks if the store would accept PS1 games as retro enough (they most certainly do) and if they sold PS1/PS2 memory cards (they do that too). It turns out that he has some games that he wants to trade, and he gets them out of his rucksack game by game to check if the store would want them. I decide to stay and watch in case he had anything I might want...and sure enough, there's one! The store buys the lot (it was about 10 games for £8), and as soon as the guy leaves I buy the one item I spotted and the store instantly makes a profit off the entire lot.

But enough chit chat...

Gl6kX.jpg

PaRappa the Rapper - £15

• Thumbs Up 1

Kind of an interesting story with this one. I was in my retro store as usual seeing if my most wanted gem was in there at all. It wasn't, and I couldn't see anything else in there, so I was a couple of seconds away from leaving. In walks this guy, he asks if the store would accept PS1 games as retro enough (they most certainly do) and if they sold PS1/PS2 memory cards (they do that too). It turns out that he has some games that he wants to trade, and he gets them out of his rucksack game by game to check if the store would want them. I decide to stay and watch in case he had anything I might want...and sure enough, there's one! The store buys the lot (it was about 10 games for £8), and as soon as the guy leaves I buy the one item I spotted and the store instantly makes a profit off the entire lot.

But enough chit chat...

Gl6kX.jpg

PaRappa the Rapper - £15

You should have pulled the guy aside and offered him a tenner for the lot, kept parappa and traded back the rest :P

Nice find regardless, i'm currently hunting Um jammer lammy for a cheap price, I love this series.

I'm sort of getting into posters now.

WP_000499.jpg

I love that one honestly. It looks so cool up close.

WP_000497.jpg

Edited by Rigbone the Kid
  • Thumbs Up 1

I asked if they had any spare displays in Gamestation (or GAME now). And they gave me this!:

151045_510114429022331_341695526_n.jpg

I think i'm going to keep him for displaying at Christmas smile.png. He's currently popping out from behind the tree!

Edited by Guest

Received these guys in the post not so long back:

2012eeveecollection01.jpg

Haven't gotten round to taking an actual photo of them yet, so here's one I found online.

• Thumbs Up 1