Awoo.

Your latest Non-Sonic/SEGA Collection additions & Pre-orders

Lady Soniko

And to think I almost cancelled out of this order.

20130223_115553_zpsf251d5d4.jpg

Kuroyukihime, I wasn't fond of Accel World but I love her to death xD. This is also my first Kotobukia figure, very pleased.

Edited by Strength

• 2 weeks later...

I rarely post about my stuff here, but I just had to share this!

7xHLdiK.jpg

An Earth Wolf! I got him off Etsy as a belated birthday gift to myself. His fur is so soft. :D I'm hoping to get the other 2 Elemental Wolves when the creator gets around to making them. I already missed out on the Snow Wolf. >__<

I don't have pictures on me, but I am re-starting my Kingdom Hearts collection. I'm getting a Shadow plushie along with hopefully a Sora statue(if I can find one in my price range) I'm also re-buying Kingdom hearts re:com and com. After that, I'll have all the games.:)

Oh boy do I wish the house I wanted hadn't been snatched out from underneath me so I could be living on my own; if she's home when the mail lady delivers my packages my mom is going to glare daggers at me when she sees what I've ordered. It's a bit funny; the past three figures I've ordered I'd have to do some censoring to in order to post them here. Take this figure for example:

maicopy_zpsa364c7a8.jpg

So this is what my mother found when I was in college:

IMG_20130307_155147-1.jpg

I swear I almost had a fit like a giddy schoolgirl.

Waluigi.

OMG.

Which means Series 4 of the Mario figurines is now officially out.

You want to know the most pathetic thing about this figurine? It is dated from 2007. That's the year after the figurines debuted at ToyFair in '06.

It took Goldie International 6 years to release this figurine.

IMG_20130307_155224.jpg

So, how is it? The paintjob is OK. Nothing spectacular, but so much more could be done.  Waluigi's eyeliner could be painted within the lines and there is some shoddy work around the crevices like his hairline and teeth.

Still, it is better than the crappy Series 4 bootlegs that have been popping up on eBay for the past year and a half. Also there's some strange plastic residue by the seam near his ear which can be easily removed. The most frustrating thing were the pegs on his stand, which you would have to constantly work into the holes on his soles.

Also to note that probably due to the delicacy of his moustache, it is molded directly onto his face instead of being a separate piece like the Wario keychain. It kind of detracts from the figure and makes Waluigi not as photogenic as the Wario keychain.

IMG_20130307_155209.jpg

So, is it worth the $5.99? Perhaps. Waluigi and Wario are available only one per case instead of the other figurines in the series. However, due to the long honeymoon period that this company has with its figurines you could wait and buy one of the many future sets probably planned with Waluigi inside.

Edited by Scheming Minor

So, my copies of Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 and Powerful Shippuden turned up yesterday;

CADD3E41-DA71-4C69-BDD0-2447C10F314C-808

Take that America, at least we can spell 'Naruto' correctly!;

DDED1F05-F42B-48B2-8B59-7CF3EB8843D7-808

Also, lulzy back of box is lulzy;

84403056-24CD-44C0-A1D1-B178E265748B-808

Finally, if you've ever wanted to see official artwork of Kakashi with giant boobs in a bikini (who wouldn't), this mini-poster is probably your only chance;

B37D445B-2E57-4515-8C3C-305DB2E2035F-830

Edited by -Mark-

I got D-Arts Rockman/Mega Man!... and his hip snapped within five minutes. Apparently weak hip connections are a semi-uncommon QC error, so at least I didn't hamhand it. I mailed HLJ about it and am waiting for a response. I hope I get a replacement part and don't need to mod anything. orz

But at least it's still semi-playable.

tumblr_mjf3sm52D41r9y8hpo1_500.jpg

Edited by shimapun

Aw, damn. Sucks to hear about that QC issue. Was really looking forward to getting this.

it's not every figure. Just examine the hip ball joints on yours when/if you get it. if a small chuck appears to be missing then you may have the QC error. I can't find any pictures, but just ask /toy/ on 4chan if you're that desperate. I didn't think that my figure was affected at first; I didn't look hard enough, but the left leg's peg was thicker than the other's.

It might help if you put it in hot water and take the legs off, since Tamashii Tantions figures are notorious for having very tight ball joints. You can then try to fill in the gap with glue or putty, and sand the ball down a smidgen. 

I'd buy it from Amazon, a comic shop or a con if you can (it'll say "MEGA MAN" on the box instead of "ROCKMAN"). If yours has the issue, it'll be easier to get a replacement from Bluefin (the American distributor of Tamashii Nations shit) rather than dealing with Japanese sites.

It's a fantastic figure, aside from that major oversight. If a second run is ever made (don't hold ur breath) everyone should go for it.

Edited by shimapun

Just in case anyone wants to know Alter's Melty figure is up for pre order at most Japanese figure retailers.

Considering the Melty but this took top priority, if you know my love of Noel Vermilion, you shouldn't be surprised. :P

FIG-MOE-8829_03.jpg

Got one of my most anticipated Figmas yesterday:

tumblr_mjq2eiOc6i1r9y8hpo2_1280.jpg

The Persona 4 Arena Aigis Figma! Her weapons are a bit fiddly, but otherwise she's amazing. Def. one of my favorite Figma releases.

And the mailman just dropped these off a few minutes ago:

tumblr_mjroqhrSDM1r9y8hpo1_1280.jpg

A Jet Vehicon General Transformers Arms Micron figure/kit, and Bionic Commando for NES.

Oh, I'll be getting it regardless, I just think it sucks that I have to be a bit wary now, especially after the excellent quality I've experienced with the D-Arts Mega Man X figures. Thanks for the tips, though!

Okay, do be careful! Heck, you can even send me pics of it's hip joints and I can help you examine them if you can't.

On that note, HLJ is sending me another MIB figure free of charge! It's cool that I get two Mets and Rushes (and a legless Mega Man to use for spare parts lol.)

I bought a Crash Bandicoot action figure

It was $9.00. Sucks though because the arm broke off in the box, but I glued it back in place.

Got it mainly for the accessories though, as I already have a Crash figure, but I wanted Aku Aku (the mask) and a plastic crate. I was surprised though because when I opened the crate, a clear gem was inside. So there's a bonus I wasn't expecting.

I'm surprised, I've been building up a pretty large Crash collection!

• Thumbs Up 1

I used to have that exact same crash figure, be careful with him.

Not only did the arm come of (like you said) but his pelvis broke in half when I tried to move his legs and they both fell off. It's a really poorly made figure.

I'd totally forgot he came with a crate and gem though :P got him when I was wee

• Thumbs Up 1

I used to have that exact same crash figure, be careful with him.

Not only did the arm come of (like you said) but his pelvis broke in half when I tried to move his legs and they both fell off. It's a really poorly made figure.

I'd totally forgot he came with a crate and gem though tongue.png got him when I was wee

He also had his bazooka or something, but mine didn't come brand new, so it was missing.

Yeah, ReSaurus was the toy company that made them. They made Sonic figures too, which were equally fragile. Their figures really aren't made for much playing, but the're super expensive online so I'd rather get one broken for $9.00 than a new one for $129.99!

Edited by Person

He also had his bazooka or something, but mine didn't come brand new, so it was missing.

Yeah, ReSaurus was the toy company that made them. They made Sonic figures too, which were equally fragile. Their figures really aren't made for much playing, but the're super expensive online so I'd rather get one broken for $9.00 than a new one for $129.99!

Don't remember him coming with the bazooka. Definitely that figure? There were a few in the series as far as I remember.

Didn't know they were going for such high amounts though. Maybe I should look out the chunks and see if I can peice him back together :P

Don't remember him coming with the bazooka. Definitely that figure? There were a few in the series as far as I remember.

Didn't know they were going for such high amounts though. Maybe I should look out the chunks and see if I can peice him back together tongue.png

Yep. this was the one with the bazooka:

$(KGrHqV,!qMFC9TFUZT1BQ2O7)1lKg~~60_35.J

Unless you were refering to the normal Crash, who has a jet board (which I don't have):

_00138528.jpg

And as for the figures going for high amounts, it's more or less just people listing them for very high amounts (usually only if they're the rarer characters, or if they're new in box). For me, the ones I've gotten out of the package have been under $20-$30.

Hmm, don't remember him having that bazooka at all, unless I just lost it.

The pilot one was the only one i ever found, I'd hoped to get them all when I was a kid but I only ever found  one shop in glasgow that sold them.

Edited by Jake Bird

So a while ago I bought the Mario Kart 64 regular Mario action figure, but now I've added another figure to my collection from the Mario Kart 64 toy line:

"Ghost Mario"

The only difference between this and the regular mario is that the arms and chest are made of a transparent plastic to simulate invisibility using the Boo item.

Left: Regular. Right: Ghost

....My camera sucks at capturing the differences everything.

Edited by Person
  • Thumbs Up 1

Got something in the mail before going to Target...

roymustaaang.jpg

IT'S COLONEL ROY MUSTAAAAAANG!

And wreck-it-ralph dvd! From Target. got that fma dvd earlier this month from Walmart

It's not like I like BlazBlue or anything... I want the novels too, and the soundtracks and drama cds but I'll save those for another day. TT_TT

20130318_221640_zps22c3bffc.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

3/19/2013 haul:

HNI_0061-3_zps72164395.jpg

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Volume 9 (Book) (Amazon)
Pokemon Adventures Volume 15 (Book) (Amazon)

• Thumbs Up 1

P1110959_zps428324c6.jpg

Hyrule Historia (got this last month, posting a bit late)

28e59876-941c-4a0f-a243-cb3514d2222a_zps

And a Sparky plush! I don't know if they are still doing it, but Disney store UK have an offer on. When you buy Frankenweenie on you get the plush for free, so that's how I got this little guy. 

Also, just saw this:

599079_10151394896501715_1178922055_n.jp

http://www.tomopop.com/medicom-unveils-a-stunning-real-action-heroes-link-29626.phtml

Medicom Link on it's way in November... Well, that's Christmas sorted ohmy.png . 

I remember some Zelda figures in a London toy fair video too, including TP link and Ganondorf, SS Link and Scervo (the robot pirate). I'm not bothered about a Scervo figure though, why not Ghirahim? Since it seems like they were going for characters with swords (Ganondorf figure included his sword too). 

EDIT: 

In this video at 4:53

Edited by Guest