Awoo.

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

Detective Shadzter

The Wii is going to fail. I mean, who would buy a motion controller? Piece of crap that has no games. Why would Capcom think of releasing the best version of Resident Evil 4 on there? What about MHTri? You announced it for PS3 and moved it to Wii? It's gonna bomb Capcom! ZERO SALES CAPCOM.

"The console games market is in a state of upheaval, so establishing a new game franchise requires a considerable amount of will, determination, and love. Bayonetta is a brand that we want to see become stronger, reaching the hands of more and more gamers, so we have continued to consult with SEGA, the previous game's publisher, on how we can make sure this takes place. Our answer was a new partnership with Nintendo.

Everyone, boycott Bayonetta 2 by buying Bayonetta 1! We know how successful these boycotts are!

/sarcasm

On September 13, 2012 Bayonetta 2 was announced as an exclusive title under development for the Wii U during the Nintendo Direction presentation held on the same day.

As game developers, we are incredibly excited to be able to announce a new title to all of our fans; however, we are aware that the announcement may have come as a shock to many of you.

As with Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2 is under development and production here at PlatinumGames, and is a true sequel to the acclaimed first game in the series. Bayonetta is one of our most beloved titles, and it played a large part in establishing PlatinumGames as an emerging game studio in the minds of users worldwide. Bayonetta has fans the world over, and we would never dream of alienating them from participating in the future of PlatinumGames.

That being said, the console games market is in a state of upheaval, so establishing a new game franchise requires a considerable amount of will, determination, and love. Bayonetta is a brand that we want to see become stronger, reaching the hands of more and more gamers, so we have continued to consult with SEGA, the previous game’s publisher, on how we can make sure this takes place. Our answer was a new partnership with Nintendo.

Along with their new hardware, Nintendo, as a company, is dedicated to establishing a new future for the games industry, as you can tell by their record of passionate support for gaming. Alongside Nintendo, we hope to grow the Bayonetta brand beyond where it stands today, allowing even more gamers around the world to experience the action of our beloved witch. As developers, we are working hard to make this a reality.

We hope that you will look forward to what we have in store.

Tatsuya Minami

President & CEO, PlatinumGames Inc.

I’m Yusuke Hashimoto, director of Bayonetta 2. It has been three years since Bayonetta, a title I was also a part of… I’m incredibly happy to be able to announce that we are working on a sequel. Alongside Bayonetta’s creator, Hideki Kamiya, I’m working on everything from creating a compelling world to character designs (I will be designing the enemies again), and everyone on our talented team is united around the core of Bayonetta, Climax Action, in an effort push the series forward. For empowering our heroine with incredible new action to introducing new characters (which you may have noticed in the teaser trailer), Bayonetta will further expand on the mythology of the Trinity of Realities – Inferno, Paradiso, and our human world. I can’t wait to take the journey with you.

Yusuke Hashimoto

Director, Bayonetta 2

After Bayonetta was released, I was coming back on the bullet train with Yusuke Hashimoto, pondering various ideas for sequels or spin-offs to Bayonetta over a beer. I never thought we’d actually get to announce a sequel to her story, so I am absolutely over the moon.

Even though there has been a bit of a gap since the release of the last game, but I still got lots of request for a sequel from gamers. We were secretly making one the entire time. While I am not the director of this game, I am still supervising the world, story, characters, etc. in close coordination with Hashimoto, and I have been from the very beginning. You have nothing to work about on that end. And of course, plenty of members from the first Bayonetta are on-board and working hard under the direction of Hashimoto, so I look forward to work every day, coming in and seeing all the progress they have made on the game. With new hardware, we look forward to expanding on the Climax Action of Bayonetta, so sit tight and get ready!

Hideki Kamiya

Supervisor, Bayonetta 2

Director, Bayonetta

http://platinumgames.com/2012/09/14/bayonetta-2-joins-the-wonderful-101-on-wii-u/

• Thumbs Up 2

I was just thinking, in the first game there was those references to Sega franchises. So will the next game minigames be inspire on Sega games again or will they be inspire on Nintendo games? Of course they could always not do the minigames, but since this is the WiiU it makes since for one or few minigames using motion controls or the touch screen from the controller.

Oh and also will we finally find out who eggman is?biggrin.png

I just hope the original cast returns, I want to play with bayonetta and jeanne. And I want Enzo to appear more times, he was funny.

Edited by redhellc

I am happy for Bayonetta 2,

I am sad it's on Wii U,

Will gamers give in, I wonder who,

Let's just see if the U falls through,

And, if it comes to be true,

I'll be more pissed than that of Kid Buu.

-Dr. Taz's newest book, What the fuck is going on?!!

• Thumbs Up 6

The Wii is going to fail. I mean, who would buy a motion controller? Piece of crap that has no games. Why would Capcom think of releasing the best version of Resident Evil 4 on there? What about MHTri? You announced it for PS3 and moved it to Wii? It's gonna bomb Capcom! ZERO SALES CAPCOM.

Everyone, boycott Bayonetta 2 by buying Bayonetta 1! We know how successful these boycotts are!

/sarcasm

This easily reminds me when people made boycotts, boycotting the release of Sonic 4 by buying Sonic 1 instead of Sonic 4. xD

Edited by Felix

This evening I had to race to the Gamestop where I work in order to get a preorder on the Wii U in before we stopped taking reserves. While I was there I picked up a used copy of Bayonetta for the PS3 (cause my old copy is the 360 version and it's broke) and I put some money down on Bayonetta 2. I am so fucking ready for this sequel.

Gotta love all of this back and forth over a game that neither side has probably even played.

If all of the people bitching because it's a WiiU game AND the people pretending this is a great franchise because it's a WiiU game now had actually bought Bayo1 none of this would've happened. I fully expect this sequel to perform much worse than the current fighting would indicate.

I sympathise with the actual fans that had no intention whatsoever of getting a WiiU, though, but this is how things turned out. If anything, blame SEGA.

This evening I had to race to the Gamestop where I work in order to get a preorder on the Wii U in before we stopped taking reserves. While I was there I picked up a used copy of Bayonetta for the PS3 (cause my old copy is the 360 version and it's broke) and I put some money down on Bayonetta 2. I am so fucking ready for this sequel.

Good man.

Here, have a lollipop.

• Thumbs Up 3

They hate that it's on the Wii U but for them to 'get back' at Nintendo/PG you still need the system to buy a used copy. I don't get it. :\

• Thumbs Up 1

I was thinking more along the lines of the Modern Warfare 2 boycotts in which they ended up getting the game anyway - you wouldn't colour me particularly surprised if exactly that ended up happening here too, considering Bayo's rep.

They hate that it's on the Wii U but for them to 'get back' at Nintendo/PG you still need the system to buy a used copy. I don't get it. :\
He did say to buy the console used as well, so it's not like he neglected that possibility.

This is dumb ( not the game or the system the bitching ) And I don't mean here. I played and LOVED the first game, still play it. I wasn't planning on getting a Wii u but I will now. Hell Bayos getting another game, this is BIG news and big points to Nintendo for making it happen, wasn't the first game to have this happen. And it won't be the last, its not that serious. Sadly.... nongamers will just use this to throw it at our faces. Those people make me sad I'm a gamer seriously.....

• Thumbs Up 3

Ichigo Storm just reminded me that I need to pre-order this game. The fuck's wrong with me, I pre-ordered Bayonetta 1 right away. D:

Do it man. It'll give you a warm feeling inside.

• Thumbs Up 2

Speaking of sales.

Does anyone remember when Vanquish was coming out? One of the pre-order/day 1 bonus' for some retailers was amazingly, a new copy of Bayonetta. Would those have counted as sales or not?

Personally, I just don't want to buy a new console to play a sequel to a game I really enjoyed on my ps3. Isn't that a legitimate excuse to be slightly upset? Given, I said that I plan to get a Wii U, but not any time soon, seeing how I will be living on my own in a few months and funds will be tight. For some, it isn't a matter of "Oh, just go buy the new console and the game." I now fully understand the circumstances that lead to this exclusive decision, but I can't help but be a little upset. Happy to see PG and SEGA do more with Bayonetta, but upset that I won't be able to play it any time soon after its release

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally, I just don't want to buy a new console to play a sequel to a game I really enjoyed on my ps3. Isn't that a legitimate excuse to be slightly upset? Given, I said that I plan to get a Wii U, but not any time soon, seeing how I will be living on my own in a few months and funds will be tight. For some, it isn't a matter of "Oh, just go buy the new console and the game." I now fully understand the circumstances that lead to this exclusive decision, but I can't help but be a little upset. Happy to see PG and SEGA do more with Bayonetta, but upset that I won't be able to play it any time soon after its release

You have every right to be upset. I doubt anyone here has any qualms specifically with the demand for it on other consoles, it's with the way people seem to think Nintendo or Platinum Games OWES them anything and pray for the death of their first born because of a business decision that irritates them.

Edited by SuperStingray
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well you aren't the problem, I'm actually in your boat alittle as I played it on PS3, the people who are shameful are the asshats screaming and sending death threats to the companies. From what I know you're being normal which is good. Now THOSE losers on the other hand..... need a spin dash to the face.

• Thumbs Up 1

LunarEdge, it's perfectly reasonable to be upset. What people are having issue with are the ones throwing a temper tantrum and saying the want to kill Inafune and burn down Nintendo for doing what they could to keep the game alive. Those are the guys who make the gaming community look bad, while the people that are like "Well, that sucks. It'll be a while until I get it, or I might not get to play it" are normal.

Edited by King Of Awesome
  • Thumbs Up 4