Awoo.

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

Detective Shadzter

^ Well if they can't afford the Wii U, it will be very upsetting for them to not play the sequel especially if they are Bayonetta fans. So yeah I feel for those who sort of wished this exclusive sequel didn't happen and perhaps wait longer for a multiplatform sequel.

You got to understand that there are people in this world that just got a PS3/360 this year because these consoles are finally affordable for them. Second/Third world countries have to fork more cash than us Americans to purchase a PS3/360.

Imagine Sonic's next HD main game adventure becomes a Sony exclusive because Sega and Sony struck a deal with publishing. Yep, that's how these people feel.

Still, spouting death threats at whoever they can find because a game they liked is getting a console-exclusive sequel isn't justifiable in any sense. Just because they can't immediately afford a Wii U doesn't mean they can insult people all they like. This is a fucking video game for God's sake!

Complain if you want, but at some point you're going to either have to suck it up and buy the system, or go without. People have wanted a Bayonetta sequel for a long time now, and once it looked like a sequel was never going to happen Nintendo footed the bill. Hoping it will fail and get ported to another system after we were all so certain a sequel wasn't going to happen at all urges me to ask "Why!?" It seemed like at one point people wanted a Bayonetta sequel in whatever way we could get it, but now we aren't satisfied unless it's multi-platform.

If they were really Bayonetta fans, they'd be happy the series was saved in general, instead of being upset at Nintendo (of all people) because it's Wii U exclusive.

Edited by Mr. H/The Kid
  • Thumbs Up 4

Well, their precious "mature" companies didn't offer to save the damn thing. They should be kissing the ground at nintendo's feet.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just announced with a teaser video on the EU Wii U Nintendo Direct preview as a Wii U exclusive. Bayonetta fans GET EXCITED! No details at the moment other than it's being developed by Platinum Games and being published by Nintendo, but if it's anything like the first game, I'm there day one.

Why Would we be excited? Bayonetta fans own either a 360 or ps3 and this is quite disappointing. I was hoping any sort of sequel would follow suit and be on... idk... the same damn consoles XD I plan on getting a Wii U, but not within the first year and to make it a exclusive, especially in the slump SEGA seems be in now (looking at you Anarchy Reigns) to be console exclusive seems kind of dumb.

Unless I'm missing something

Edited by LunarEdge

You do know the only reason the game exists is due to Nintendo footing the bill, right? SEGA is in such a goddamn mess they couldn't afford Bayonetta 2.

• Thumbs Up 3

You do know the only reason the game exists is due to Nintendo footing the bill, right? SEGA is in such a goddamn mess they couldn't afford Bayonetta 2.

oddly enough, after making my post, I just read up on that. Still, kind of disappointing, but good to see Bayonetta back

Still, spouting death threats at whoever they can find because a game they liked is getting a console-exclusive sequel isn't justifiable in any sense. Just because they can't immediately afford a Wii U doesn't mean they can insult people all they like. This is a fucking video game for God's sake!

Complain if you want, but at some point you're going to either have to suck it up and buy the system, or go without. People have wanted a Bayonetta sequel for a long time now, and once it looked like a sequel was never going to happen Nintendo footed the bill. Hoping it will fail and get ported to another system after we were all so certain a sequel wasn't going to happen at all urges me to ask "Why!?" It seemed like at one point people wanted a Bayonetta sequel in whatever way we could get it, but now we aren't satisfied unless it's multi-platform.

If they were really Bayonetta fans, they'd be happy the series was saved in general, instead of being upset at Nintendo (of all people) because it's Wii U exclusive.

I am not complaining here. =/

Yes I'm half happy/annoyed but I'm not gonna go all "WAH WAH" on this. Bayonetta is one of my favorite titles this gen, but I'm not a fanatic. I can actually live without playing the sequel. However it's not that I don't want to play it.

People who are sending death threats are immature I know, but I wasn't even defending them (well I was in a way, but those people are very poor examples). I was talking about the ones who couldn't afford the Wii U in their respective countries.

It's good Nintendo grabbed this exclusive, and I'm happy for them and for the Bayonetta IP itself, but at the same time annoyed because I can't get my hands on this game until like 2014 (and that's assuming PS4 doesn't come out then). But I'm not going to cry a river over it. There will be other good games that will keep me interested that I can actually buy while Bayonetta 2 comes out.

Edited by Shana

So....does this basically mean all Bayonetta games to come out(like a 3 or something if they wanted) are going to be Nintendo exclusive now?

Nope. Certainly not. Sega owns Bayonetta remember, not Nintendo.

No one knows but, probably not. SEGA still owns Bayonetta, it's just that they don't have much to do with this other than letting it go ahead.

Wii U has no gaemz...

Wii U gets gamez

Fuck why is it on Wii U?

Internet logic.

WiiU has no gaemz

WiiU takes cult-hit PS360 game and makes the sequel an exclusive.

Fuck y do I have to pay $350 for the sequel if the first game was multiplatform?

Logic.

Edited by DaBatGuy

WiiU has no gaemz

Fuck y do I have to pay $350 for the sequel if the first game was multiplatform?

Logic.

Cause shit happens. Not every sequel can be on the same system as its predecessor. Just the nature of the business. Want all the best games, ya need multiple pieces of hardware. I get that it's kind of a kick in the balls, but the other option was to let the franchise rot forever.

I am not complaining here. =/

I was referring to "you" in a more general sense. I didn't mean you specifically. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

WiiU has no gaemz

Logic.

Wii U has no gaemz.

Wii U revives sequel of cult-hit originally on PS3/360 because no one else gives a shit.

Fuck Nintendo. If it isn't multi-platform and I can't buy it, then no one should have it.

Logic.

It isn't like Nintendo footing the bill for this means they stole the chance right out from under Sony or Microsoft. Sega couldn't publish this what with their recent financial troubles, and it doesn't really seem like Microsoft or Sony cared too much to revive the sequel like Nintendo did.

I'm surprised more people aren't jumping for fucking joy right now considering that the sequel is even coming out. Yeah, it may not be coming out for the specific consoles you'd hope for, but at least it's coming out. But then again, if you give people an inch they'll bitch and complain it isn't a mile.

• Thumbs Up 9

WiiU has no gaemz

Logic.

"Cult-hit" being the operative word there that breaks the entire logic pattern.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bayonetta 2 canned

fans rage.

Nintendo pays for the whole damn thing to be finished.

Fans rage at nintendo for "stealing" it.

fandumb at it's finest.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wii U has no gaemz.

Wii U revives sequel of cult-hit originally on PS3/360 because no one else gives a shit.

Fuck Nintendo. If it isn't multi-platform and I can't buy it, then no one should have it.

Logic.

It isn't like Nintendo footing the bill for this means they stole the chance right out from under Sony or Microsoft. Sega couldn't publish this what with their recent financial troubles, and it doesn't really seem like Microsoft or Sony cared too much to revive the sequel like Nintendo did.

I'm surprised more people aren't jumping for fucking joy right now considering that the sequel is even coming out. Yeah, it may not be coming out for the specific consoles you'd hope for, but at least it's coming out. But then again, if you give people an inch they'll bitch and complain it isn't a mile.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you want to direct your anger towards anyone regarding the exclusive release of this game, Nintendo should be your last target. Rage at SEGA, Sony, or MS if you, they're the people that hung it out to dry. or literally any other publisher on the planet.

nintendo is the only group here that deserves no shaming. and I don't even like nintendo.

I think a lot of the anger is that, to be quite frank, do you really expect the Wii U to have anything else for the crowd looking for a Bayonetta 2? At this point I'd be surprised if the Wii U doesn't die of the consumption 6 months after launch and just become the house dust collector till 1st party games come out. So basically, pretty much like every other Nintendo system since the 64. There's a really good chance that we're looking at a "Dreamcast 2" kind of situation here, only without the arcade ports to prop it up.

I think a lot of the anger is that, to be quite frank, do you really expect the Wii U to have anything else for the crowd looking for a Bayonetta 2? At this point I'd be surprised if the Wii U doesn't die of the consumption 6 months after launch and just become the house dust collector till 1st party games come out. So basically, pretty much like every other Nintendo system since the 64. There's a really good chance that we're looking at a "Dreamcast 2" kind of situation here, only without the arcade ports to prop it up.